1601 N. Franklin St., Tampa, FL 33602 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About CAVU

CAVU is a historic wedding venue located in Tampa, Florida. Originally constructed as an automobile showroom in the early 1920s, the newly modernized space highlights the architectural beauty of the 20th century and is a part of a revitalization of the historic Yellow Brick Row in the Tampa Heights area. The talented event staff at CAVU welcome couples to create a wedding day that will be both memorable and personal for themselves and their loved ones.

Facilities and Capacity
CAVU can accommodate up to 140 wedding guests in its vintage indoor and outdoor event spaces. The industrial-style venue features polished concrete floors, vaulted ceilings and a minimalist design that showcases CAVU’s original brick and exposed rafters. There are multiple rooms within the event venue, ideal for couples who want a seamless transition between their wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Each room within CAVU’s walls are air-conditioned and offer high-quality audio equipment featuring the Sonos Music System.

CAVU is a full-service wedding venue that offers a wide range of services for wedding events, such as bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, receptions, and elopements. Those services include in-house catering and bartending, all-inclusive wedding packages, liability insurance, and wireless Internet. At CAVU, couples are able to bring in outside vendors to assist them with all of their wedding needs. Staff will take care of setup and cleanup on your wedding day. CAVU is also a pet-friendly wedding venue.

Cuisine
CAVU has partnered with SaltBlock Catering + Events, who works as the venue’s exclusive provider of food and beverage services. CAVU and SaltBlock give couples the ability to choose from a myriad of catering services for their special day. Some of those services include buffet, family style, hors d'oeuvres, plated, tapas, and stations serving styles. Each menu can be completely customized to fit each couple's unique tastes and nutritional needs. SaltBlock can create meals by using ingredients and recipes from all over the United States and the world. CAVU will provide barware, flatware, glassware, China and linens for each event they host.

kiss me 51 992353 1556638124
kiss me 51 992353 1556638124

3 Reviews for CAVU

Matthew · Getting married on 11/13/2019

Historic Tampa Heights

I fell in love with the area of old Tampa Heights when my Girlfriend and I moved to the adjacent community of seminole heights. After searching through all of the venues in Downtown Tampa, Tampa Heights, St Petersburg, and back in each of our home towns we knew we wanted to get married in this quaint district. We toured a handful of local Venues and decided on this one in particular. The Value along with amazing aesthetics and a rockstar Venue Coordinator made the decision easy. We Couldn't of been happier with our choice for our ceremony and reception and will update everyone after our wedding in November!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Kaleigh Cornett · Getting married on 12/07/2019

Terrible Experience

We were ready to book our wedding here. We took a tour of the venue and loved it so we placed a tentative hold on a date and Brandi told us that she would send along a pricing package with our preferred food service, etc by Friday (3 days later). At the point of this meeting, Brandi had already sent us a general venue pricing page and when we were going through the tour, we discussed the venue pricing numerous times. She also knew at the point of that tour that the date we wanted was in 2019.

So we wait until Friday with no word from Brandi. I wait until Sunday and send her a quick follow up email. Still no response. Christmas week was the following week so I cut her some slack and figured it was because of the holidays. Still nothing a week later. So two weeks after she said that she would send the individualized pricing package I finally get an email from Brandi. Apologizing for the delay and sending me the ‘updated 2019 venue pricing’. It was $1500 higher that she quoted us 2 weeks ago. There was no mention of a price increase at any point in our meeting. I emailed back asking for clarification on this and haven’t gotten a response yet. Fiancé and I have both called and left numerous voicemails and no response. And on top of that we haven’t even gotten the catering pricing like she originally promised!

For the delayed response time, blindsiding us with 150% venue increase, poor customer service, and not following through I decided to give up and find another venue. I am highly disappointed in Brandi as we loved the venue and could picture our wedding day there. I also could not trust a person that has demonstrated this level of terrible customer service to help plan my wedding. As a contrast, I contacted another venue and received individualized pricing that same day.

Sent on 01/05/2019

CAVU's reply:

Kaleigh-

I first wanted to apologies for the delays in getting back to your email from this past Thursday, in which you expressed some of these concerns. As you hopefully have seen in my email signature, our office hours at CAVU are Tuesday - Thursday, as Friday thru Sunday we are always busy with events. Additionally, I was out of town through January 3rd, and went straight into a wedding all day on Friday, January 4th. In any case, I would like to take a moment to respond publicly to some of your concerns, and will also be reaching out privately to talk through any other questions you might have.

I take full responsibility for not getting a custom proposal over to you sooner. With the holidays falling on weekdays this season, and events heavily booked on weekends - time was not on our side. We are currently on-boarding a new sales assistant for CAVU, which I know will help with proposal turnarounds. During the time I have been with CAVU, I have never had this experience, and have always had favorable reviews - both of the venue, and me personally. It is always my goal to create value for my clients around my passion: delivering an unmatched hospitality experience focused on my clients individual needs.

Sending over the updated pricing for 2019 + 2020 was a result of me misreading your follow up email, which was not sent on our initial email thread where we discussed your visit to the venue. I have had many clients reach out for the revised pricing package, who have not already booked with CAVU. This new pricing model includes tables, chairs, drapery, off-site parking, and all 3 spaces for a seamless transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception - hence the increase in price. These items which are now included in the venue rental fee, would have been items that are added on a la carte under the 2018 pricing model. As soon as I had the opportunity to get back to you, we could have talked through this, and whichever model proved to be financially best for you and your fiance would have been honored!

If you are still interested in hosting your wedding at CAVU, we would love the opportunity to be a part of your special day, and to show you what our team of hospitality professionals is all about.

CAVU Pricing

CAVU Price Rates

CAVU FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,550.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 20.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Loft
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Lighting
  • What months are included in your peak season? January, February, March, April, May, September, October, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? June, July, August

• Ash McBride Events
    Ash McBride Events Wedding Planners

Brandi at CAVU is very kind, organized, and enthusiastic about making your event the best that it can be for you and your vision! The venue is beautiful and has many options depending on your specific needs. Whether it be a room flip, indoor/outdoor space, or adding on a separate cocktail hour next door at Foundation. The exposed brick, edison lighting, and sconce feature wall create the perfect mix of industrial and eclectic. Brandi and CAVU are easy to work with and make my job a breeze!

• 1601 N. Franklin St. Tampa, FL, 33602 See on map