CAVU Reviews

3 Reviews for CAVU

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

May 4th, 2019 Wedding

CAVU was the perfect setting for my dream wedding! The venue was exactly what I was looking for and Brandi did an awesome job to help my vision come to life. The venue gives you the perfect balance of having its own beautiful features, but also a little bit of a blank slate that allows you to add your own wedding style. I think my favorite part was being able to use Foundation Coffee for my cocktail hour. My day could not have been more perfect and I am so happy I chose CAVU for my wedding venue!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

CAVU's reply:

Lauren!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts of your wedding here. We are so happy that we could be apart of bringing your vision to life on your special day.

Congratulations again to you and Charlie!

Matthew · Getting married on 11/13/2019

Historic Tampa Heights

I fell in love with the area of old Tampa Heights when my Girlfriend and I moved to the adjacent community of seminole heights. After searching through all of the venues in Downtown Tampa, Tampa Heights, St Petersburg, and back in each of our home towns we knew we wanted to get married in this quaint district. We toured a handful of local Venues and decided on this one in particular. The Value along with amazing aesthetics and a rockstar Venue Coordinator made the decision easy. We Couldn't of been happier with our choice for our ceremony and reception and will update everyone after our wedding in November!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Kaleigh Cornett · Getting married on 12/07/2019

Terrible Experience

We were ready to book our wedding here. We took a tour of the venue and loved it so we placed a tentative hold on a date and Brandi told us that she would send along a pricing package with our preferred food service, etc by Friday (3 days later). At the point of this meeting, Brandi had already sent us a general venue pricing page and when we were going through the tour, we discussed the venue pricing numerous times. She also knew at the point of that tour that the date we wanted was in 2019.

So we wait until Friday with no word from Brandi. I wait until Sunday and send her a quick follow up email. Still no response. Christmas week was the following week so I cut her some slack and figured it was because of the holidays. Still nothing a week later. So two weeks after she said that she would send the individualized pricing package I finally get an email from Brandi. Apologizing for the delay and sending me the ‘updated 2019 venue pricing’. It was $1500 higher that she quoted us 2 weeks ago. There was no mention of a price increase at any point in our meeting. I emailed back asking for clarification on this and haven’t gotten a response yet. Fiancé and I have both called and left numerous voicemails and no response. And on top of that we haven’t even gotten the catering pricing like she originally promised!

For the delayed response time, blindsiding us with 150% venue increase, poor customer service, and not following through I decided to give up and find another venue. I am highly disappointed in Brandi as we loved the venue and could picture our wedding day there. I also could not trust a person that has demonstrated this level of terrible customer service to help plan my wedding. As a contrast, I contacted another venue and received individualized pricing that same day.

Sent on 01/05/2019

CAVU's reply:

Kaleigh-

I first wanted to apologies for the delays in getting back to your email from this past Thursday, in which you expressed some of these concerns. As you hopefully have seen in my email signature, our office hours at CAVU are Tuesday - Thursday, as Friday thru Sunday we are always busy with events. Additionally, I was out of town through January 3rd, and went straight into a wedding all day on Friday, January 4th. In any case, I would like to take a moment to respond publicly to some of your concerns, and will also be reaching out privately to talk through any other questions you might have.

I take full responsibility for not getting a custom proposal over to you sooner. With the holidays falling on weekdays this season, and events heavily booked on weekends - time was not on our side. We are currently on-boarding a new sales assistant for CAVU, which I know will help with proposal turnarounds. During the time I have been with CAVU, I have never had this experience, and have always had favorable reviews - both of the venue, and me personally. It is always my goal to create value for my clients around my passion: delivering an unmatched hospitality experience focused on my clients individual needs.

Sending over the updated pricing for 2019 + 2020 was a result of me misreading your follow up email, which was not sent on our initial email thread where we discussed your visit to the venue. I have had many clients reach out for the revised pricing package, who have not already booked with CAVU. This new pricing model includes tables, chairs, drapery, off-site parking, and all 3 spaces for a seamless transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception - hence the increase in price. These items which are now included in the venue rental fee, would have been items that are added on a la carte under the 2018 pricing model. As soon as I had the opportunity to get back to you, we could have talked through this, and whichever model proved to be financially best for you and your fiance would have been honored!

If you are still interested in hosting your wedding at CAVU, we would love the opportunity to be a part of your special day, and to show you what our team of hospitality professionals is all about.