Hampton, VA 23669 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 27
  • Deals 2

About Cathy Smith Photography

I am a photographer. And I don't mean only that I can pick up a camera and take a great picture - I mean that every part of myself feels that picture. When I see an beautiful photo, I stop and admire everything about it. When I see amazing moments taking place in front of me, I want to remember them forever, as they are. And I want you to be able to remember them too! I want my photos to capture the entire feeling of a moment in a way that, when you look at them again, you are flooded with the emotions of that moment - that it brings you back to experience that joy over, and over again.

Although I love photographing families and children, I have found that my true joy behind the camera is capturing the emotions and excitement of a wedding day. Being able to experience two people's love, on that most important day, and to capture those beautiful memories, is an awesome honor. When I'm with my brides and grooms, I can't help but get excited and nervous for them! (I've even cried at a few ceremonies!) I'm a sucker for true love, and I want all of my clients to be able to see how they radiate their love on the day they are becoming husband and wife.

My wedding photography encompasses candid and posed portraits, along with my own artistic flair, to create the story of your day, from beginning to end. By focusing on both the small and epic moments throughout the day, the photos and albums I deliver will allow you to experience the wonderful memories and emotions you felt all over again, for years to come!

I would love to get the opportunity to know you and to talk about your plans for your BIG day. Feel free to contact me directly at cathysmithphotography@gmail.com - I look forward to talking to you!

Follow Cathy Smith Photography on

Cathy Smith Photography 6
Cathy Smith Photography 7

Andrea · Married on 04/20/2019

Awesome Experience!

Cathy was such a great choice for our wedding! She was so nice and easy going when we had no idea what to do! She had so many great ideas and really made all the colors come out in the pictures. She really helped make our day so special!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Cathy Smith Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea! You guys were amazing and I am so glad I got to be a part of your wedding day!

Kasey Ward · Married on 04/14/2019

Wedding 03/31/2017

Cathy did an engagement shoot prior to the wedding day. The quality time getting to know the photographer was great. Being able to create a bond with the photographer before the big day makes it not so awkward on the wedding day! You’ll know a little bit about her as well as her business and how dedicated she is to get the best photos she can. Both sets of pictures came out great! Engagement and wedding! I am so in love with them. Would definitely recommend Cathy for any event!

Sent on 05/25/2019
    Cathy Smith Photography 13
    Cathy Smith Photography 14
    Cathy Smith Photography 15

Cathy Smith Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you loved your images Kasey! It was an absolute pleasure to be able to spend this day with you and Josh! And I totally agree with you on the engagement session! They are such a huge help!

Amber Harmon · Married on 10/20/2018

The best from engagement to big day!

Saw Cathy in action for our friends’ wedding and the photos after and knew she would be perfect for us, too. She really captures the “special something” in all her couples. It’s awesome having so many fantastic images that look exactly how amazing our wedding day felt!

Sent on 12/22/2018
    Cathy Smith Photography 16
    Cathy Smith Photography 17
    Cathy Smith Photography 18
    Cathy Smith Photography 19
    Cathy Smith Photography 20
    Cathy Smith Photography 21

Cathy Smith Photography's reply:

Thank you Amber! You guys are definitely "meant to be" and I'm so glad I got to spend your day with you!

Cathy Smith Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 425.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,495.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Cathy Smith Photography 1
    Fall Wedding Special - $250 off a full day!

Book with Cathy before 11/30/19 and receive a $250 discount on an 8 hour package. Packages with 4-7 hours of coverage will receive a $100 discount. Discount only applies to clients and referrals made through Wedding Wire.

This is a limited time offer. Contract and retainer must be received no later than midnight on 12/31/19. Discount must be mentioned if contacting Cathy outside of Wedding Wire.

• Cathy Smith Photography 2
    Up to $400 off Wedding Packages at Select Venues

Are you getting married at one of my favorite or bucket-list venues listed below? If so, I'm offering up to $400 off the base price for a full day wedding!

Getting married at one of these venues but don't need a full 8 hours or two photographers? Contact me for a discounted quote based on your needs and budget!

-Historic Post Office (Hampton, VA) - $400 discount
    -Fort Monroe (Hampton, VA) - $300 discount
    -The Cavalier (Virginia Beach, VA) - $400 discount
    -Williamsburg Winery (Williamsburg, VA) - $300 discount
    -Virginia Aquarium (Virginia Beach, VA) - $400 discount

Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. The greater discount of the available offers will prevail. Contract and retainer must be received before 12/31/19.

• Simply Elegant by Audra
    Simply Elegant by Audra Wedding Hair & Makeup

Cathy and I have known each other personally and professionally for many years. She is a genuine person and very professional when it comes to her work. She has an eye for detail and doesn't miss anything. If you were uncertain about hiring a photographer for your big day look no further! You won't regret it.

• Reverend Ken Lane
    Reverend Ken Lane Wedding Officiants

Kathy is not only an amazing photographer but is also very non-intrusive during the ceremony and is just super laid-back and wonderful to work with!

• Cherry Blossom Planning Factory
    Cherry Blossom Planning Factory Wedding Planners

Cathy is a trooper! We recently had a wedding together and she was all smiles despite being very sick. It's clear she goes above and beyond for her couples and puts everyone before her first. Add beautiful photography to the mix and you have yourself a winner!

• Hampton, 23669 See on map