Cate Barry Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6,400 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6,400 Most Popular Price

Feeling seen and empowered isn’t a given for everyone. Most of us have a lot of anxiety about being photographed. Whether it’s body image, sexual orientation, race, gender identity, ability, etc., we’ve been taught that only some stories are worth being told--and ours might not be one of them.

I call BS.

I’m queer; my partner is a trans man. We’ve been together since before he transitioned. He and I haven’t been able to take for granted that just any photographer would see and represent us accurately. I know something about what it is to trust a stranger to document something as vulnerable as your love. Your identity. Your self.

As such, I focus on making my clients feel empowered and seen--and on making sure all kinds of people know they will be safe and honored in my presence.

Photography is my soul work. I’m not here for the transaction. I’m here to help you see yourself as an integral part of the tangled, messy, wonderful whole of humanity. I’m here to document your joy, your emotions, and your love.

I offer full wedding collections (they ALL include ALL of your hi-resolution, edited digital images and an engagement session!) and can customize collections to your liking. Check out my Pricing and Information Guide or email to get it sent directly to you!

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,800

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$6,400

2nd Shooter
Prints

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Toning
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Prints

• Sam
    Sam T. Getting married on 10/07/2022

Cate is perfrction!

Cate is AMAZING! Scott and I first met her through a friend and did a couples shoot. She made us feel so comfortable and the pictures came out so beautifully! When we got engaged, there wasn’t even a question as to who would be our photographer. We NEEDED her!! I cannot speak highly enough of her work ethic, ability to make us feel comfortable and the true talent she has as a photographer. I’ve recommended multiple friends to her as well and they all love her. I’ll continue to recommend her to anyone and everyone I can! You will not be disappointed! The quality of her work and beautiful pictures speak for themselves!
  • Abigael
    Abigael Y. Getting married on 07/16/2022

Cate is the best!!!

Cate is an awesome photographer and even better human!! She was very fun to work with and made me and my fiancee feel totally comfortable during our photo shoot. As a queer couple, we were nervous about the process, but could not be more thankful to have found Cate. She had creative ways of capturing fun, genuine, and sweet moments that we will will look back on and appreciate forever.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Pricing

315 Peck Street New Haven, CT, 06511
2035270552
Location of (Cate Barry Photography)

Cate Barry Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Cate Barry Photography include in the starting price?

Cate Barry Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Cate Barry Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Cate Barry Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Prints

What photography styles does Cate Barry Photography offer?

Cate Barry Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Cate Barry Photography offer?

Cate Barry Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Toning
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Cate Barry Photography offer for wedding events?

Cate Barry Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Cate Barry Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Cate Barry Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding