18 George Street, Grayslake, IL 60030 Map · Phone number

About Carol Woldhuis Designs

PROUD Winner of the Chicago Style Wedding Magazine Designer Challenge 2012-2013 Victorian Steam Punk

see current issue for related images and content http://chicagostyleweddings.com/emagazine.aspx

CW = CAROL WOLDHUIS: a wife, a mother of three and a designer...

Art: has always been infused my blood. A degree in Commercial Art blended with many years in the floral industry and event catering thrown in to the mix, is what gives me the tools I need to create "one of a kind hand-painted invitations".

Creativity: is something that somehow seeps through my skin and is truly a God-given talent that I have been blessed with. I am a detailed artist with a touch of OCD as my family might say…but I always say, "if my name is on it...it has to be great!"

Passion: I love to stir up the paints and blend together the visions of my clients while creating the invitation of their dreams. My brain is always thinking of new and fresh ways for my clients to showcase their events.

The Company: Our motto in the studio…where ART meets Stationery, that unique blend of designing “one of a kind” invitations. The designers at Carol Woldhuis Designs offer the PERFECT alternative solution to the catalog designs of the past. We specialize in custom, hand painted invitations that NO ONE else will have. Each client's order is a ?"new creation" and designed specifically for them. A blank canvas waiting for a colorful vision from our client's dreams, mixed with our artistic visions. Being TRULY custom...our canvas can be anything, or as we say "the sky is the limit!" All the artwork is original, drawn and designed for each job with careful attention to details. ? 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

We are located in the burbs of Chicago and service many clients throughout the United States. Most of our consultation process can be done via emails, slideshows, and/or phone calls...if you are in the Chi-town area…great! We can meet for a personal chat about the event you have been dreaming about.

During the design process we do more than design your invitations...we build a relationship, while turning Stationery into ART. So let’s get started creating and designing your dream invitations!

CONTACT US TODAY! ...at 847-951-7920 to chat- or email us at carol@carolwoldhuisdesigns.com

...more about the artist-

Me: A little inside my RIGHT brain…

-I DOODLE all over my notes and while I am on the phone

-Love to break out my FLIP FLOPS

-COLOR…RED is my favorite, my new iPhone case is even RED

-Love to COOK, I have Italian blood – Mangia!

-Secretly love to watch TRAINS go by just to see the GRAFFITTI

-Obsessed with SHIMMER paints

-Some people wake in the middle of the night with leg cramps…Myself? I get CREATIVE CRAMPS. I get up in the middle of the night and sketch, I call it my “creative dump”, I empty my brain and go back to bed.

-In the end, I try real hard to give credit where credit is do- GOD

Follow Carol Woldhuis Designs on

map
dsc0086

22 Reviews for Carol Woldhuis Designs

Suzanne · Married on 09/26/2015

Our wedding invitations were the most beautiful invitations we have ever seen thanks to Carol Woldhuis Designs. Her custom work is unparalleled. Not only are her paintings incredible, but she utilizes paper in such artful ways. She created over seven pieces for us and each one incorporated a different, personalized touch that made it stand out. Some of my favorite features were the custom monogram and painted map of Chicago that highlighted all of our favorite places with adorable icons. She even called our florist and worked with him to make sure the flowers showcased were exactly like the flowers we were planning to have at the wedding. Our guests and I were blown away by her talent and attention to detail. She captured the romantic feel of our wedding perfectly and made everyone noticeably more excited for the big day. We can't thank you enough!

Sent on 01/23/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/04/2015

Carol and her team custom designed the save the dates for my wedding. I had a pretty specific vision in mind and she made it come to life. I sent over several pictures of our venue and she just so happened to pic the one I loved to turn into a fun illustration of the venue. We received so many complements on the quality and style of the piece. While I wanted to keep the actual invitation much more traditional, and we decided to go with another vendor for that piece, I will absolutely use Carol again and recommend her to others. Her fun, whimsical style was exactly what I was looking for and the illustration is hard to beat. Thanks Carol!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Christina · Married on 06/06/2015

Carol is a true artist! We came to her wanting a romantic theme to go with our rustic style venue in Chicago. We showed her pictures of flowers and different examples of invitations using our colors navy, coral, and gold. What she presented us was far beyond anything we could have dreamed of. The invitations were so beautifully handmade and very evident that a lot of care went into creating them.
    It was so difficult to choose from the array of choices she presented us but I love the one we picked in the end. She then took that design and applied it to so many other pieces including a welcome sign, Photo Booth sign, table numbers, seating charts, food escort signs, and many others placed around the space. All of the pieces tied the together so elegantly and we had so many guests complimenting on all the beautiful details.
    She worked so quickly and was very patient with us when we went back and forth with so many changes! She is an absolute delight to work with and we would highly recommend Carol to anyone! Hope to work with you again in the future Carol!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Award

Carol Woldhuis Designs FAQ

• What invitation and card products do you offer? Custom Invitations
  • What services do you provide? Assembly, Design, Embossed, Printing
  • What is your minimum order requirement? 50

• Sharon Ringier Events
    Sharon Ringier Events Wedding Planners

Carol is not your usual stationery resource. She takes custom invitations to a whole new level. I love her work and attention to detail.

• Polly's Petals & Particulars
    Polly's Petals & Particulars Wedding Florists

Carol has the ability to capture your style, taste and vision and turn it around into a one-of-a-kind invitation. How many brides can say that their vision was interpreted, then painted by an accomplished, award winning artist and produced into invitations, table numbers, guest cards, programs and more. Her creativity is endless. The best thing about Woldhuis Designs is that the production is done by her as well, so your day isn't left in the hands of an on-line service who may or may not care whether you receive your invitiations and etc. on time. To keep your event unique and to carry your vision across the communications Carol is our choice!

• Red Letter Event Planning
    Red Letter Event Planning Wedding Planners

Carol produces the most beautiful and unique invitations, if you can dream a design she can put in on paper for you. Your invitations will be true, original works of art.

• 18 George Street Grayslake, 60030 See on map