PO Box 316, Spruce Head, ME 04859 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About BrightWorks Photography

Wedding images that touch your heart...

Oop! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever. ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

I capture the fleeting moments of your wedding day. Composing beautiful portraits, finding the essential emotions and details of the wedding day is so important. A wedding is an embrace of ceremony and the inclusive bonds among families and friends. Weddings are my favorite subject! Everything takes place in such a brief period of time. With each and every photograph, I am using the camera, and my own heart and mind, to select a telling moment in time for you. I hope to elicit your emotion - to touch your heart - each time you see your wedding images. As a first step to that end, let's meet and discuss your upcoming wedding plans and your photographic expectations. From there, we can forge a plan, and ensure that your ceremony is captured forever.

BrightWorks is a friendly and accommodating wedding photography team based in MidCoast Maine. As the lead photographer, I shoot with my daughter to provide a unique and timeless record of your wedding day. With a variety of wedding photography packages and customizable options available, your wedding photography needs will be taken care of. All of our wedding packages include an initial consultation and a site visit in order to provide you with detailed guidance prior to your wedding day and beyond. We are experienced professionals who enjoy our work, and are happy to listen to you, and to incorporate your wishes when it comes to your wedding photography.

BrightWorks Studios offers a number of helpful services to provide couples with an exceptional wedding photography experience. Some of their services include:

• High-resolution images
  • Willingness to travel
  • Wedding portraits
  • Slideshow

Areas Covered

BrightWorks Studios is based in Spruce Head, Maine covers weddings in the Midcoast, Portland, and Southern Maine.

alex 12 d3s0504untitled edit 51 1053701

Photos 84 Photos
Real Weddings 98 Photos

10 Reviews for BrightWorks Photography

Megen · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Change your Wedding Date Worthy Photographer!

Steve is the most talented photographer in the area! He has an incredible eye and will bring out and capture some of the most amazing moments. Steve is very patient, creative, professional, and a blast to be around with his delightful jokes and witty statements. He will go the extra mile and will make you feel comfortable on your day! He is one of the best wedding photographers I have seen and we couldn't be happier with our pictures.

Here is our story:
    My fiancé contacted Steve to inquire about getting our engagement captured forever with photos. Steve started the day for us with a sail on his sail boat for what I thought was a "sail lesson and photo session." Throughout the afternoon of sailing, Steve was able to not only capture some of the most amazing photos, but was also able to teach us how to sail. After a beautiful time out on the water on Steve's top notch sail boat, he asked if we wanted to go out and cruise around the bay and look at the coastline and check out some islands. Steve packed the picnic basket he had prepared earlier that day, we all got in his inflatable boat, and we headed back out. We came upon this island with a sandy beach and Steve and my fiancé recommended we check it out. Once on the beach, Steve assisted us setting up the blanket he supplied with the picnic basket and all the food he had prepared and then he went off into the distance and let my fiancé and I have our alone time. While my soon to be fiancé and I were enjoying the picnic. Steve was on his camera capturing every moment. Then my fiancé dropped down to one knee and my reaction was priceless! Thankfully Steve, being such an amazing photographer, was able to capture that perfect moment on camera. I couldn't have asked for a better engagement, and I know it wouldn't have been possible without Steve! Steve was more than helpful and made the experience movie worthy! We could not have been happier with his work and went as far as to change our wedding date so we could have him as our wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/22/2020

BrightWorks Photography's reply:

Thanks so much guys! When I think back to that beautiful Maine day last August, I always remember that pivotal moment when Dave dropped to one knee on the sand, and the look on your face, Megen, as he proposed! Thank you again for trusting me to capture those joyous moments! Can't wait to photgraph your wedding this July :) :)

Denise · Getting married on 07/01/2020

Amazing Photographer!

Steve and his team did an outstanding job photographing my daughter's wedding in Kennebunkport. They were everywhere without being intrusive and captured the most beautiful images throughout the day. Steve's attention to detail from the planning stages to post wedding pictures was amazing. He is a perfectionist in his work and his pictures show it. I can't recommend him highly enough and would give him 10 stars if I could. He's that good!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Annie · Married on 08/17/2019

Fun AND Professional! Exactly what we were looking for!

The Brightworks team were so fun to work with! They made us feel super special and accommodated our every request. Starting from an engagement (getting to know you) shoot 10 months prior to the wedding, all the way to the photo book delivery (just a few months after our wedding day), we felt like everything we needed was taken care of.

One thing we had been stressed out about was taking up too much time with the post wedding photo shoot, and missing out on spending time with family and friends at our cocktail hour. Brightworks came up with a solution. The morning of our wedding they figured out a special photo taking route through our venue's gorgeous open fields, up and down romantic woodland paths, and then straight back up to the cocktail hour - all within the span of 20 minutes! We did a quick rehearsal that morning, taking no more than 30 minutes out of our busy day, and it was such a relief knowing exactly when and where we would be going to take our pictures. Later that afternoon, when we took the photos for real, it was such a blast and we laughed and smiled our way through the photo taking. Already knowing the route and time expectation we were able to bask in the glow of being a newly married couple! And true to their word, we were done with the couple photos in 20 short minutes.

When we got the link to the photos on the Brightworks website just 2 weeks later we were blown away by the quality of the shots. It felt as though the same emotions we'd been feeling in the moment were brought out in the color and tone of the photographs. And then just as great was the ability to capture the full chronological timeline of the wedding and remember things we'd certainly forgotten e.g. timing of certain speeches, who was sitting where, the setup of our escort table etc. It was truly a comprehensive package of photography, service, and personal care. Thank you again to the Brightworks crew!

Sent on 11/29/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

BrightWorks Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3100
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3900
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Toning
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• BrightWorks Photography 1
    Wedding 2021

Book your 2021 wedding photography with BrightWorks by August 31, 2020 and we will offer you a free 90 minute engagement shoot along the beautiful midcoast of Maine this Summer or Fall. A great way to have an incredible "save the date" photo to send out to your family and friends this winter and it's a great way to meet up and get comfortable with your wedding photographer now!

• PO Box 316 Spruce Head, ME, 04859 See on map
    207-387-7812 (Phone number)
    Location of (BrightWorks Photography)