3812 Ferndale Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 Map · Phone number

About Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer

For me, being a "photographer" is having the ability to make great images regardless of the conditions. I knew I reached that point when my work started being able to stand on its own legs on a consistent basis. I have a passion for conveying bright, fun weddings with an eye for catching the often-missed beautiful details. My ability to get creative and improv in any environment allows for a unique collection of images every time.

Since my first wedding, I've greatly enjoyed the chance to work with my wife, Heidi on capturing the emotions of each event I've been a part of. Those events include but are not limited to weddings and parties (birthday, engagement, and otherwise). I also photograph families, seniors, children, pets, and real estate. But I honestly will photography anything. I'm based out of Kalamazoo, MI but am happy to travel all over the country.

I'm big into equipping my clients to use the pictures I take as they see fit. As such, I provide edited digital files after every shoot. I'm not stingy with recommendations or advice either so ask me questions!

Follow Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer on

Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer 6
Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer 7
  • Emma

Emma Brock · Married on 10/13/2018

The story of how the Bride had unusual requests, and Brian Wolfe came to the rescue!

I couldn't thank Brian enough for all he did, and the beautiful work he developed. We knew we wanted to hire Brian two years before our wedding, from recommendation and others I saw! From the second we contacted him, he was responsive, professional, and fun! We had so much fun with him (even getting a beer with him before the big day! We didn't do engagement shots) and felt right at home for the wedding. We had two really big requests from him (on top of normal 8 reasonably priced hours of the wedding). 1. We wanted to do Sunrise photos before the big day, and we did! 7:30am the three of us braved the cold and took photos in our favorite place in Kalamazoo and Brian helped art direct everything, which was so fun to have! 2. Last minute our photobooth dropped out on us, but thankfully Brian stepped up. We actually asked to hire a third shooter and create our own, open-air photo booth! And I'm so glad we did. Those photos with all our friends are some we will cherish! Brian collects these awesome photographers who make the day so wonderful. All three were professional, super fun, and went with the flow so well! We couldn't thank him enough. Seriously one of the best decision of the day we made. As a "vendor" he was basically part of our wedding party!

Daniel Roberts · Married on 08/25/2018

Brian is the best!

Brian was the photographer for our wedding and I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone! Brian’s engaging personality puts you at ease on what can be an otherwise pressure packed day. He brings the perfect combination of humor and professionalism, and you know that even if everything else goes wrong, at least the photos will be great. Any boy are they great! He captured all the best moments (including those we didn’t see ourselves on such a busy day) with both beauty and creativity. My wife and I loved reliving our wedding day when we first received the photos, and we look forward to continuing to relive that day through the photos for years to come.

Alex · Married on 10/06/2017

Brian Wolfe. Superstar. Superhero. Camera guy. Dad Joke Superhuman. Combine any of these words and what do you get? Exceptional wedding photographer. Seriously. We met Brian on skype over 2 years ago when we were shopping around photographers (you were on trial, Brian. Hope you were aware of that). Within the first 10 minutes we realized how much we all get along and how easy it was to communicate. Music, nerdiness, lame jokes – you name it, we love it. We hired him on the spot! Brian drove all the way out to Chicago pre-sunrise to take our engagement photos. [Who does that?!] It was early. We were all tired. And it was cold. You wouldn’t know it, though, because Brian is a superhuman. Running ahead to find the right spot, rolling around to find the best angle, crawling through bushes to get that perfect shot. We were so happy we booked him for both the engagement and wedding sessions because he made the process fun and relaxing. We are naturally goofy people and he was able to capture all of it on film…well…digital film but you get the picture. (HA!)
    On the wedding day itself, it was raining, No one knew if the outdoor wedding we had been planning for over a year would happen the way he had hoped (don’t worry, it stopped raining just in time). Who turned up for the whole day? Superstar Brian. He was with us from the early morning of getting ready to the late night of walking out, sweating from all the dancing. He was absolutely incredible. He helped everyone stay positive, was instrumental in organizing the group photos, and the photos he took were even more beautiful than we could have hoped. Brian was SO easy to work with. He made us feel comfortable, let us be our lame (read: awesome) selves and just documented the day perfectly.
    We started this journey anticipating amazing wedding photos (because look at his site) and ended up with an awesome new superhero friend (we’re coming out to visit at some point. We swear).

Hire this guy. Lame jokes guaranteed.

Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer 8
    Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer 9

Brian Wolfe(y): Photographer FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,447.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,080.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files, Prints

• Jillian Wells Design
    Jillian Wells Design Wedding Invitations

Brian does beyond amazing work. I personally experienced his magic when he captured memories at my sister's wedding in the Fall of 2014. Brian has a way of making everyone feel at ease around him with his friendly demeanor and sense of humor. Because you feel so comfortable around him and his team, he is able to captures the most candid moments, while also coming up with creative ideas for posed shots. You will not regret your choice to work with him!

• Overneath Weddings
    Overneath Weddings Wedding Musicians

Brian Wolfe is an excellent photographer. He has an eye for finding the best shot and is able to frame shots to look spectacular. His attention to detail in the editing process is something that separates him from many photographers out there. The final shots Brian Wolfe produces are top notch quality. I would encourage you to browse through his photos so you can get a glimpse of the beauty he produces. It would be a shame if I failed to mention the joy it is to just be around Wolfe, so I will explain. He has a great personality that helps everyone relax and enjoy the moment. There are so many things going on during your wedding day and having a photographer that fun and easy to work with can help relieve some of that stress.

• 3812 Ferndale Ave Kalamazoo, 49001 See on map