Long Beach, CA 90802 · Phone number
Package Price $1,200
Availability Check your date
  • Deals 1

About Blue Moon Event Planning

Blue Moon Event Planning is an LGBTQ+ woman-owned SoCal wedding and event planning company based in Long Beach, California

With over 10 years of live event experience, our focus is to make your wedding the most memorable for you and your guests. We specialize in coordination and partial planning [think vendor sourcing]. It’s all about the details; we worry so you don’t have to!

Services

• Introduction meeting/call and unlimited calls/emails therafter
  • Venue Visit
  • Creation of detailed Timeline
  • Rehearsal
  • Coordination of all vendors (ie. Venue(s), Catering, Photographer, Florist, DJ, Photobooth, etc)
  • Set up and Teardown of personal items (ie. Welcome Table, small decor, Seatig Chart, Favors, etc)
  • First to arrive and last to leave

Cheers! XO

26 Reviews for Blue Moon Event Planning

• Amaris

Amaris · Married on 01/11/2020

Just what we needed!

Melissa was exactly what we were looking for! We were very budget conscious and I was somewhat unsure about spending money on a coordinator. I plan corporate events as part of my job so I felt like I could handle the coordination myself, BUT I also know that every big event needs someone running the show on-site and I didn't want that to be my family or friends, and I definitely didn't want it to be me. We met with Melissa and she was very personable and extremely organized, and I felt confident that we could trust her with the reins on the day-of. She gave us a very fair rate for day-of-coordination. We did the wedding planning ourselves, but we always kept her in the loop (so there were no surprises) and she was always happy to weigh in if we wanted a second opinion. She ended up creating our detailed day-of timeline and reaching out to all of the vendors the week before the wedding to touch base, make sure everything was on track, and make sure they knew she would be the point of contact. She led our ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, and she and her assistant were rockstars on the day of. I was sequestered to the bridal suite most of the morning while things got set up, and every time I asked someone to make sure something was on track, she was already on it. I can be a worrier and I was concerned that I'd be stressing about the little stuff on our wedding day, but I really wasn't, and it was because Melissa gave me the confidence that everything was under control. There's really nothing more important than being able to be in the moment and ENJOY your big day, and that's what Blue Moon Event Planning allowed us to do.

Sent on 02/21/2020
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/13/2019

The Best Wedding Coordinators Ever

So before I get into anything specific- Melissa (and Alex on the day-of) were absolutely fantastic. We had a meeting with another wedding coordinator a few weeks before we found Blue Moon and they showed up an hour late to our meeting saying they’d put us in on the wrong day. I’ve never been happier we looked for another coordinator. We didn’t have much budgeted for this in particular so we opted for just a day-of coordinator and Melissa worked with our price point very easily. The thing is… leading up to the wedding, Melissa went above and beyond just day-of duties. She kept us on track, made us a timeline, got ahold of our vendors… I mean, she really helped us plan the whole damn thing. Which was amazing since neither of us exactly knew what we were doing and seriously underestimated how complicated wedding planning is. On the day, my partner and I were the most stressed we’d ever been but Melissa and Alex did everything they could to take any unnecessary burdens off of us. I thought I was supposed to help set up! But they kept me in my bridal suite and even gave me some alcohol to calm my nerves. Honestly, I thought I was going to be stressed the entire day about how things were going, but as soon as I realized what an amazing job they all did, I didn’t have a care all night. She made sure my partner and I got canapes and champagne after the ceremony, she made sure we got the dinner we wanted, and that everything was spotless for load-out. I cannot say enough good things about Blue Moon. They take their jobs very seriously, but they’re also the nicest people. HIRE THEM.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Jason

Jason · Married on 09/28/2019

Responsive, detailed, and easygoing.

Melissa and Alex were a joy to work with. Easygoing, yet very responsive when needed, it always felt relaxed to communicate any concerns we had to Melissa whether it be about our venue/vendors or timeline. My wife and I opted for the day-of-coordination so when it came to transition/onboard the information, naturally there's always a bit of nervousness on how much of what we've planned together would execute as we imagined. Once we provided all of our vendor information, Melissa was able to take over by getting everyone on the same timeline arranging the best times and places for people to show up. Melissa, being patient and a great listener guided us through step-by-step on how everything would play out in detail and it eased our concerns we had. My wife and I were able to enjoy our most special day with no worries. We can highly recommend Bluemoon Event Planning being the center of your vendor team as they did not fail to deliver!

Sent on 10/26/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Blue Moon Event Planning FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1500
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 1200
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 5000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 50
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Blue Moon Event Planning 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Flobo Boyce Wedding DJs

I worked with Blue Moon Event Planning on a recent wedding. I had an amazing experience. The wedding itself presented some logistical challenges, but the team at Blue Moon Event made sure that everything was clearly explained so that I could focus on the audio entertainment. Always attentive and helpful, I'd recommend Blue Moon Event Planning to everyone who's looking to make their event extra special!