Blue Moon Event Planning Reviews

18 Blue Moon Event Planning Reviews
  • Amy

Amy Bartlett · Married on 09/29/2018

Coordinator

I am so glad I hired this company! I was sure I wouldn’t need a coordinator in addition to the onsite help provided but when I spoke to Melissa about three weeks before the wedding I had a feeling I’d regret. Trusting my instinct was the best decision I made about the wedding. Melissa is knowledgable, flexible, responsive, and helpful. Wedding day began and finished without a hitch that I was aware of, it was perfect. This company provides a perfect blend of professionalism, positivity, class, and fun.

holly · Married on 08/04/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Blue Moon/Melissa. It was my first wedding and she walked me through it every step of the way. The days leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding went smoothly and stress free. If I ever have another need for an event planner I will call Melissa and her team.

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2018

I used Blue Moon Event Planning, LLC to cater an event for 200 County Commissioners. Melissa and her team were highly professional, courteous and punctual. From the tranquilizing tray passed appetizers, to the scrumptious dessert bar, to the friendly and loquacious bartender every detail was perfectly executed. The icing on the cake was that I didn't worry about a thing and was able to enjoy the event. We made the right choice with Blue Moon Event Planning.

Christopher · Married on 06/08/2018

Planning your own wedding is no joke… From music and cakes, to boutonnieres and napkin folds, attention to detail is of the utmost importance- especially when it’s your own wedding! My husband and I spent almost two years planning our big day down to the tiniest element—scouting venues, researching, vetting and hiring vendors, choosing color-schemes, even building centerpieces!

What we didn’t plan was who was going to pull all of this together when we were…ya know…getting married? We knew early on that, while we had a specific vision, we would need help to tie it all together. Luckily, one of our best friends is not only the top wedding and event planner that we know, but she was also one of our groomsmaids! Melissa (more formally known as Blue Moon Event Planning) worked with us from “Will you?” to “I do.”—helping to coordinate the perfect proposal, providing insights on venues and vendors, even helping us hand-tie ceremony programs. And of course, overseeing the logistics of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, “day of” vendor-coordination and ceremony! Melissa was brilliant! She kept everything and everyone on time and in line…and with our wedding party, that was no easy feat!

We couldn’t have done it without Melissa. Her attention to every detail, positive attitude and genuine care for how we were doing, made our special day possible. She took every specific detail that we had dreamed up and turned them into a reality- one that we will never forget! If you are looking for an event planner with knowledge and experience, then Blue Moon Event Planning is a great option. If you’re looking for an event planner that has knowledge and experience coupled with care and compassion, than Blue Moon is the only option!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Blue Moon Event Planning 9
    Blue Moon Event Planning 10

Thank you Chris & Cody! I love you both! Xo

Pegah · Married on 05/24/2018

Melissa was great! We booked blue moon about a month before our wedding for day-of services. We already had all of our design/vendors, but we didn’t have much organization. Immediately after hire, Melissa contacted all of our vendors and made floor plans, schedule, timeline, and a folder of all of our invoices. She kept us organized and on track for the wedding. On the day of the actual wedding, she made sure the venue/vendors provided what was agreed upon, and overall our day was stress free. We did fall behind schedule, but that’s generally expected and all the vendors were able to keep up with the new timeline. Overall, she did a wonderful job! Our wedding was particularly difficult due to some cultural traditions, and Melissa did a great job looking into those traditions and making sure everything was taken are of. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Pegah! it was great and we got it done together! ;)

Michael · Married on 07/01/2017

We booked Blue Moon Event Planning (and Melissa) and it was one of the best things we could have done. Melissa was able to fit a niche that I did not know was required. My ceremony and reception locations came with a coordinator and from my perspective, I had people on either end that were available to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Thankfully, Melissa informed me that I would still need someone on hand the day of the wedding to help facilitate. Here are a few of my personal highlights that show where Melissa shines:
    Prior to meeting with coordinators, Melissa prepped us for the types of questions that we should ask (eventually being in direct contact with our vendors). Prior to the wedding, Melissa asked what some of our favorite snacks and drinks were. When she showed up to greet us at the hotel the night before the wedding, she had bags full of our favorite snacks and drinks for our hotel room.
    Melissa suggested that we gave her a spare key to our hotel room in case something was forgotten in our room (which of course, was perfect forethought because inevitably, we did forget things). Not only was Melissa able to return to our room to retrieve the items needed for the ceremony, somehow between the wedding and the reception, she was able to decorate our room with spare flowers left over from the ceremony and the reception. My partner and I had our first dance choreographed and we wanted an opportunity to practice our dance in the reception space before the reception. Melissa was not aware that we were going to be practicing our dance and when she arrived to the reception hall and Melissa reached into her bag and pulled out a speaker that was ready to pair with my phone. This moment still brings a smile to my face because when I tell you that she is on top of her business and accounts for any situation. Melissa is someone who truly understands your vision and understands that the little things matter just as much as the big things.

Cody · Married on 12/17/2016

What advice would I give about Blue Moon event planning? BOOK THEM. I came to Melissa just weeks before my event without anything planned and she helped pull everything together in under three weeks. I tried to plan this event for months but couldn't get anywhere. I had trouble finding a venue in my price range that didn't break the bank but allowed me to have all the "extras" I wanted. Within a few days Melissa found a venue that was perfect. Then everything else began to fall into place. I've worked in customer service for many years even owning my own business making customer service number one on my decision for working with a company and or individual. Melissa made sure customer service was her companies number one mission going above and beyond for every detail. She spent countless hours working on this event that probably added up to less than minimum wage for her time but that truly showed me she LOVES what she does. She isn't out to break your bank, she's in it for a win-win situation where the planner and client both have the best optimum outcome. She responded to emails, texts, and calls quickly and professionally. I believe the biggest decision with providing advice here is whether or not I would book with Blue Moon again or not and my decision is YES. People either come here to say yes, no, or maybe, but mine is an affirmative yes because this isn't just a job for Melissa, it's a way of life. She cares for her clients as if they are family and now I consider her the same.

• KandA

Alicia · Married on 06/04/2016

My wife and I hired Melissa, the owner of Blue Moon, a year ago to aid us in planning our wedding, which took place two weeks ago in Long Beach, at the Shoreline Aquatic Park. Melissa has an extensive background in event planning and has executed events at the Queen Mary. With her background we knew she would be a perfect fit to assist us in the massive task of planning a wedding at a location that had yet to see a wedding. Our wedding was a same sex wedding.
    Melissa's pricing was fair and well worth her talent in planning and executing events. She also had several referrals for us, such as security, port-o-potties, catering, and rentals. Her knowledge of planning events was very helpful, as my wife and I had never planned a wedding that had so many elements to it.
    Melissa assisted us in creating spreads seats for timelines, vendor contact information, and maps for all of our rentals. She reached out to several of our vendors and kept in contact with them throughout the whole process so that we were able to enjoy the whole wedding process, without being completely overwhelmed.
    On the day of the wedding she executed and coordinated our event perfectly by ensuring that all vendors arrived to the event and were set up in their proper spaces at the outdoor location. She also coordinated our bridal party queue, which was very helpful so my then fiancé and I didn't run into each other before walking down the aisle.

I would definitely recommend Blue Moon Event Planning and would give Melissa Buffaloe's company a 10 star if I could! She is professional, friendly, helpful, and is just fabulous at what she does!

Tasheena · Married on 06/04/2016

If you're looking for a planner that will make your life easier, anticipate your needs and gets things done before you even know the task existed then Blue Moon Event planning is the vendor for you. We worked with Melissa, Principal Planner from day one. Melissa knew exactly what needed to be done for us to secure our venue which was a public location that needed to be rented from the city. Melissa filled out all the necessary forms on our behalf and had the area reserved in no time without us having to lift a single finger!

Melissa allowed us to be as involved as wished to be and helped to ensure we had crossed every "T" and dotted every "i" before the big day to ensure our experience was nothing but perfection. Melissa was extremely easy to work with and made herself available any time we needed her. If you are looking for the perfect planner, stop! You've found them! You won't regret your decision if you choose Blue Moon!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Tasheena & Ali! You both are fantastic and make my job so easy! :)

Alicen · Married on 01/17/2016

Melissa is amazing! While we primarily hired Melissa as a day-of wedding coordinator, she was in constant contact with us throughout the entire wedding planning process via phone and e-mail. Melissa was especially helpful during the final month prior to our wedding; she helped us finalize timelines, confirm vendors, run rehearsal, and of course bring it all together the day of the event. There are so many little details we hadn't even thought of that she walked us through and helped us sort out. Her final timeline was a true work of art, as evidenced by the many compliments received from our wedding party and vendors, who all received a copy. She even went above and beyond her duties to help us sort a timeline for our pre-wedding events as well, and she coordinated all the vendors. The day of our wedding couldn't have gone more smoothly. We were relaxed the entire time and had a total blast. We had no hiccups, and it really felt like we just showed up at the wedding and every other detail had already been taken care of, allowing us to have the time of our life. We were extremely pleased with the level and quality of service we received from Melissa. If you are looking for a consummate professional that enjoys her job and does it expertly, I strongly recommend Melissa for your wedding coordinator needs!

Sent on 02/28/2016

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank YOU Alicen and Kelly for the kind words. I loved working with you and your chosen vendors, it was a fantastic celebration of love! XO

Working with Melissa at Blue Moon Event Planning was a wonderful experience. She was my day of coordinator and greatly exceeded all my expectations. I was planning my wedding from out of state while traveling full time for work, and Melissa made communicating with her so easy. She was available via email, phone, text, and even skype when I needed her! I also had MAJOR wrenches thrown into my plans literally days before my wedding (my venue double booked my space with another event) and Melissa helped adjust the plans and then carried out the new vision with very little instruction from me. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything because she had everything under control. The day of my wedding she (and her assistant Alex) kept things moving and set up my reception space quickly and beautifully. I feel so very fortunate to have hired Melissa and Blue Moon Event Planning. I know that without them, my wedding day would have been extremely stressful, way less fun, and a lot less beautiful. I would definitely recommend this company to any of my friends.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank YOU! It was all my pleasure and certainly kept me on my toes with the changes in plan and quick turnaround! :) I'm so glad to be a part of it. All the best to you both!

Eric · Married on 09/26/2015

We came to Melissa at Blue Moon with a vision of how we wanted our wedding to feel but little idea of how to execute it. Melissa was WONDERFUL! She listened attentively to our vision and provided feedback of a true experienced professional to help us shape the event. As details from vendors poured in she reviewed contracts and didn't let a single detail escape attention. Melissa is especially adept at identifying gaps in responsibilities and assigning them to the correct vendor. This was a task we couldn't be more thankful for, it made our day go so smoothly, especially given the challenges of an unconventional wedding being planned remotely. Melissa was responsive over months and months of back and forth and was always positive and excited to hear from us. Our wedding was a flawless success that completely reflected our personalities because of her planning expertise from the beginning to the end.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Aw, thanks! Your vision was unique and we made it a success together! :) Cheers!

Rachel · Married on 06/20/2015

Melissa is the BEST! She helped us create the most amazing party EVER! She planned our entire wedding from across the country and gave us the best day of our lives. She handled the entire process from the permits, to the second line band, to the flowers, and delicious food. I highly recommend her services. She stays calm under pressure and eased all of our worries and doubts. People are still talking about our wedding 6 months later, and I'm sure for many more years to come, as the wedding of the century!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Rachel & Tim!! It was gorgeous and such a great day for everyone. I hope you remember it forever! Xo

Melissa was a phenomenal help through the entire process. We got the Over The Moon Package and having no idea where to start, she guided us from start to finish keeping track of all the details. She handled the small hiccups very well, we had NO clue any of if was happening! We could not recommend her enough. Thank you!!!

Mary · Married on 06/22/2013

Melissa is WONDERFUL to work with! She is detail oriented, professional, responsive and a joy to work with. I am always sad when brides feel stressed about one of the happiest celebrations in their lives, and Melissa works to take away any of that stress.

Jo-Ann · Married on 08/22/2018

Guest at birthday party for a special longtime friend. Planning done by Melissa from Blue Moon Event Planning. Awesome décor, loads of fabulous food presented in creative ways e.g. feta with watermelon cubes in square plastic cups with cute miniforks, salmon mousse and more. The signage for the food was coordinated and could be seen from afar. Flowers were incredible, better than anything I've seen from many florists with all flowers from local sources. Couldn't believe how much food could be tastefully arranged on a single table. Bar and dessert tables were in separate places but closeby . The coup de gras was a collage of photos in a timeline to depict the life of the birthday girl. A very Happy 75th Birthday, Vera.

Jay · Married on 05/06/2017

Melissa was our wedding coordinator the day of our wedding. She was prompt, her follow through was amazing and was very professional throughout the entire process. She assisted us with our timelines, personnel and vendors. All in all, she was great.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Jay! Cheers to many years!

With one of us working full time and the other being a full time student, having Melissa handle a lot of the pre-production correspondence and sourcing of vendors before we had her on-site was a tremendous benefit.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Blue Moon Event Planning's reply:

Thank you! I had a blast working on your wedding! Favorite part - the fireworks and sparklers... I'm a sucker for big productions. :)