982 Museum Road, Gainesville, FL 32611 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Baughman Center

We are thrilled that you are considering the Baughman Center for the location of your wedding! We were named the third most beautiful building in the state of Florida by the American Institute of Architect’s. Anyone can be married at the Baughman Center regardless of their affiliation to the University and cultural or faith background. The Baughman Center welcomes couples and ceremonies of all faiths and cultures.

Follow Baughman Center on

Baughman Center 5
  • Sarah

Sarah Campbell · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Breathtaking, Intimate Venue in Gainesville

I fell in love with this place the first time I saw it on a Google search. The pictures almost don't even do it justice. Seating is kind of tight, but it was just perfect for our 100 guests to get to know each other. They have a piano just inside the door, and it's actually linked to a sound system so you can plug in your laptop/tablet. The acoustics are *superb*, no microphones or soundbars needed. Our ceremony was at 4 pm on a September Saturday, and the sun was at such an angle that everything had a soft glow. There is a huge, noisy ac vent on the floor of the stage, but we turned it off during the ceremony and it stayed nice and cool inside, even with all the windows around. I will say one thing I wish I hadn't done was try to decorate the aisle. I wanted a greenery vine just to have "something" there, but honestly it's really not necessary. Especially if you're like me and you have a 4-hoop petticoat on underneath your dress. The aisle was just wide enough for us to walk side-by-side, but my dress was so huge that it kept trying to eat the vine. Save your $100 on the greenery and put it towards having an extra hour at the Baughman Center for pics. We had 30 minutes after the ceremony to get pics before we had to be 100% out of there, and I wish now that I had booked more time. The inside and outside are just so fantastic! The ready room is attached to the office next to the Baughman, and it's fine for getting dressed if that's all you're doing in it. Ah, and correspondence... Zakyia is on top of her game!! She is considerate, thorough, and an excellent correspondent. She was always willing to answer any questions I had and very quick to follow up whenever I reached out. Zakiya is definitely dedicated to making sure your day is magical, and we're very glad to have worked with her. If you're on the fence about choosing the Baughman Center, just go take a visit (on the weekdays before 5!) and you will be convinced. 10/10 would get married here again!!!

Baughman Center 6
    Baughman Center 7
    Baughman Center 8
    Sent on 12/03/2019

Baughman Center's reply:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback! We are so happy to hear that everything turned out spectacular for your event, despite the greenery snaffu. The photos came out wonderful! You were a delight to work with and we wish you all the best in this new chapter of life.

Courtney Lozano · Married on 11/23/2019

Magical beauty of nature & sunlight for our ring ceremony!

Breathtaking views of nature, glorious natural sunlight streaming through the lovely architectural design of the windows, made this wedding venue magical. The staff were kind, patient, and always helpful! Everything was planned carefully with the staff over the months before the wedding and all was in perfect place when we arrived that day. Just an amazing experience for our ring ceremony.

Baughman Center 9
    Baughman Center 10
    Baughman Center 11
    Baughman Center 12
    Baughman Center 13
    Sent on 11/26/2019

Baughman Center's reply:

You were a delight to work with! Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos of your most precious moments. Wishing you both a lifetime of bliss!
  • Sasha

Sasha Camenker · Married on 11/02/2019

The prettiest venue in Gainesville - and the nicest

Zakiya was my contact person at the Baughman, and she was such a pleasure to work with. Quick, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. We had our spot booked within ten minutes of speaking to her, and she did her diligence so I knew there wouldn't be a game day or large event at UF to compete with. She also let my stepdad and I try out the auxiliary cord jack and practice walking down the aisle, which was appreciated. I have to say, it was the cheapest part of the wedding (only about $600) and my favorite part, the space is THAT beautiful. I used to play piano in there as an undergraduate, so it had sentimental value to Max and I to get married there, and we are so glad our dream became a reality. The Baughman Center is so serene and naturally beautiful, and needed little adornment. We just added a candelabra from Hobby Lobby and rigged it up with fake LED candles to put on the center stage. It was just large enough that it fit 100 people and several photographers in it, but didn't feel claustrophobic. The acoustics are amazing and no microphones were needed, though we did use an amp for the aisle songs. The weather was perfect, so all the glass windows gave lovely, cloudy views of Lake Alice, and the annex nearby was big enough to hold my entire bridal party (12+) comfortably. The staffers put parking signs out on the morning of our event, and also informed us about when our time was up for photography in the building, all while watching our purses and allowing us to linger on the grounds. It's a welcoming place that will linger in Max and I's hearts forever.

Baughman Center 14
    Baughman Center 15
    Baughman Center 16
    Sent on 11/04/2019

Baughman Center's reply:

Sasha, you and your family were an absolute delight to work with! We are so happy we were able to contribute to the happy memories you have built at the Baughman Center. Please continue to visit us in the futures, our doors are open :)

Baughman Center Pricing

Baughman Center Price Rates

Baughman Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 632.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 530.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    Parking
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Garden
    Historic Building
    Religious
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Elopements
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Wifi
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• C Bar Ranch
    C Bar Ranch Barn & Farm Weddings

Lovely setting for weddings, set on the picturesque University of Florida campus. Many of our clients hold their ceremony there, then come to us to celebrate, eat, dance and make merry. Photos taken at this ceremony site are simply mesmerizing, and we're proud to offer this location as an alternative to a couple hoping for an indoor ceremony in a chapel setting before coming to us for their party.

• A'vie Events
    A'vie Events Wedding Planners

A beautiful venue to have a ceremony at. We have so many of our clients that couldn't have their wedding anywhere else. We are grateful to have the Baughman Center in Gainesville to recommend as a venue not only as weddings but piano recitals, even corporate events.

• Gainesville Wedding Hair
    Gainesville Wedding Hair Wedding Hair & Makeup

This is a beautiful place to get married! Very unique and scenic. It is less than a mile from my salon, so many of my brides get ready at ou salon and complete the final touches at the Baughman Center's getting ready room.

• 982 Museum Road Gainesville, FL, 32611 See on map
    352-294-0049 (Phone number)
    352-273-2493 (Other Phone Number)
    352-392-3775 (Fax Number)
    Monday-Thursday: 8am-5:30pm Friday: 8am-5pm Closed for private events on weekends!