929 West Street, Lansing, MI 48915 Map · Phone number

About Bashes by Barbie, LLC

As the owner of Bashes by Barbie, LLC located in Lansing, Michigan, I am a Certified Wedding Planner through "The Bridal Society," with an excellent eye for detail and outstanding organizational skills. My 30 years of experience and passion has allowed me to work with Brides all over Michigan and Northern Indiana. I will thoughtfully listen to you, bring life to your vision, and enthusiastically coordinate and execute your wedding or special event. I have planned corporate events, community events, and several other Bashes over the years. My background is in Human Resources and Social Services, I have a Bachelor's Degree in Management and Organizational Development along with PHR Certification. I love the planning process, coordinating events, decorating, floral work and paper crafting.

I offer a free consultation where we can discuss the vision of your social event to put together the perfect package for YOU! As your social event planner I will get to know you, your tastes, your needs, and I’ll help you craft a budget and timeline. I do not receive vendor kickbacks, however, I do have preferred vendors that allow me to pass my savings onto you! I am willing to work with any vendor and venue. My job is to get you the right vendor and the best value so you can have the event of your dreams while staying within budget. I am very budget-conscious minded and you will save money by hiring me as an event planner.

The number one reason to hire an event planning company is stress reduction!! The client is the top priority for my team and I. We make sure you get to focus on having FUN and DANCING! You don't want to end up being the point person for issues and questions that will inevitably arise during your special event. Hiring the Bashes by Barbie team frees you and everyone you love to live in the moment of the special day! I sincerely look forward to serving you and hope to speak with you soon.

Barb Holz

Owner - Certified Wedding Planner

Follow Bashes by Barbie, LLC on

dsc 8909 51 680370
Bashes by Barbie, LLC
A hand-tied bouquet of creamy hydrangeas, roses, and baby breath for the bride.  Tied with twine and...
A hand-tied bouquet of creamy hydrangeas, roses, and baby breath for the bride. Tied with twine and...
Gold and lavendar table arrangment

Bashes by Barbie, LLC 5
Bashes by Barbie, LLC 6
Bashes by Barbie, LLC 7

Stacy · Married on 09/22/2018

Barbie was always on top of things and made sure she stayed in contact with the vendors. Barbie is exceptionable at her job and made sure that our special day went smoothly. I am glad we had the pleasure working with her and would recommend Bashes By Barbie, LLC.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Barbie and her team were absolutely amazing! I had her do my whole wedding from decor to flowers, to coordinating. If anything went wrong the day of my wedding I have no idea because she made it run soooooo smoothly. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful our hall looked and how well of a job was done by Barbie and her team. One of her assistants Kia was awesome too! Before walking into the reception she made me look flawless! Even some of my last minute requests Barbie made happen. She was well organized and answered any questions I had very timely. I appreciate everything she did for me and would 100% recommend her to any future brides. If you don’t want the stress of planning every little detail and not being able to enjoy the moment. she is your girl!

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Bashes by Barbie, LLC 8

Venus · Married on 07/21/2018

Wow, where do I start... First of all, I will say that there was no way that we could have pulled our dream wedding day off without Bashes by Barbie, just no way... Our wedding day was 40 years in the making, no kidding. So with that, my husband and I took three more years for our engagement period. There was a reason for that, if we waited for each other for forty years we wanted to hire the best of the best vendors. We hired the best photographer, we hired the best DJ, we hired the best baker, we hired the best caterer, we hired the best venue for our size of wedding. So naturally, to bring ALL of this together, we knew that we had to hire the best wedding coordinator and decorator.

Our wedding day was very complex, to say the least. Barbie was well equipped to handle every last detail, she brought in a bartender and entire staff to cover EVERYTHING. From setting up and decorating the hall, to flipping the hall and preparing it for dinner and dancing she and her staff did it all! She provided all of the beautiful flowers (and there were a lot of beautiful flowers) to coordinate with the venue management and all of the rest of the vendors, we didn't have to lift a finger or a hand unless we requested another glass of champaign... Sadly, when our night came to an end, she and her crew cleaned up everything, again, we didn't have to lift a finger. We just took in the moment.

With that, Barbie and her crew were always working in the background and yet always there to make sure that we and our guests were having the time of our lives. So you may ask what did Bashes by Barie do to go above and beyond for our special day? Going above and beyond is how she does business! Everything that she does is going above and beyond, she doesn't know how to do mediocre... I would recommend Bashes by Barbie to anyone who is getting married or having a special event.

Sent on 09/30/2018