1801 Bayside Drive, Corona del Mar, CA 92625 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Balboa Yacht Club

Balboa Yacht Club is waterfront wedding venue located in Corona del Mar, California. Balboa Yacht Club is one of the oldest clubs on the Pacific Coast and offers beautiful views of the Newport Harbor. Regardless of whether you’re planning something intimate or an extravagant wedding bash, the staff is ready to help you create a memorable and meticulously orchestrated affair.

Facilities and Capacity
Balboa Yacht Club can host up to 220 of your friends and family in an indoor or uncovered outdoor setting. Perfect for ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners, this venue is the ideal place to celebrate all things wedding.

Balboa Yacht Club is run by a group of event specialists who can help you throw a truly unique celebration. They can provide your event with a series of event items such as, arches, chairs, dance floors, furniture, tables, and tents. Some of the professional event services they offer include:

• Facility Rental
  • Food and Beverage Packages
  • Set up
  • Clean up

History
Balboa Yacht Club was founded in 1922, making it the oldest on the Pacific Coast. For over 90 years, the club has hosted a wide variety of events, from weddings to corporate events. This historic wedding venue can make the perfect backdrop for your wedding day celebration.

Follow Balboa Yacht Club on

2041 51 282 159967486081123

29 Reviews for Balboa Yacht Club

Hanalynn R Hunt · Married on 09/26/2020

Best Day Ever

We had to change our wedding plans due to COVID and ended up with a small wedding at the Balboa Yacht Club! It was truly the best day ever!!! BYC took such great care of us during the entire process! Sarah is the wedding coordinator and she is truly amazing! She went above and beyond to make sure our day was special, seamless, and everything we wanted!! Perry was fabulous helping us figure out our alcohol packages! The catering staff were all so nice, joyful and extremely helpful! The chef was very flexible and happy to accommodate our special requests and the food was amazing! My grandparents are still talking about the food!! The day was beautiful, fun, special, amazing and better than I could have imagined! 10/10 would recommend getting married at BYC!!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Kitty

Kitty D · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Wedding Venue!!

Every girl dreams of their wedding day but who would ever think those dreams would be exceeded beyond your imagination, well in our case it was! Having our wedding and ceremony at Balboa Yacht Club (BYC)was one of the best decisions we made in the planning process! Together with our wedding planner, Kelsey Connelly and the catering department at BYC, our entire planning process from start to finish was so easy. We worked with Lori Baumann and Holly Weber from BYC, they are extremely organized, professional and responded almost immediately to every email and phone call we had along the way. They never tried to persuade us with decisions but were extremely helpful when we needed guidance or suggestion, like fresh shucked oysters and speciality smoked cocktails! We couldn’t have been happier with the BYC service and staff. During our tasting, we hand selected a menu fit for our palette and BYC delivered! Our guests boasted about the food including the amazing appetizers during cocktail hour which included, Petrossian Caviar, charcuterie and cheese display that was 52’ around the entire flagpole! Yes 52’ and all was designed and inspired by Lori and the culinary team. Balboa Yacht Club treats you like a 5 stars resort with a very personal feel! If you want the perfect venue, the friendliest staff, and the most incredible view I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND BYC!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Bree · Married on 06/24/2017

When you get engaged, a huge overwhelming rush comes upon you. Where are you going to have the ceremony, reception, food, drinks, decor, color scheme, flowers, etc. When I started my journey on finding a venue for my reception, it took me a while to find the perfect one. It wasn't until I walked into the Balboa Yacht Club and met Israel and his wonderful staff that I knew I found the perfect place to have my wedding. The venue itself has gone through various updates which has been even more appealing. New carpet, remodeled bathrooms, new furniture, paint, windows, etc. The venue is absolutely perfect if you're looking for an intimate, romantic and memorable wedding. I had my ceremony at a nearby church and my cocktail hour and reception were at the BYC. I had 175 guests. Now, there's nothing like being right on the water. The BYC is the perfect set up for cocktail hour. We had high-top cocktail tables and low-top tables with umbrellas. The space is open where people can take pictures on the docks, etc. (just an all- around beautiful setting). Our reception was so incredible. I teared up when I first walked in before they brought the guests up. The best thing in my opinion that I did was decorate the (11) chandeliers with greenery. It made it that much more intimate and warm. Brides --- if you're looking for a venue with excellent, accommodating and professional service, it's at the BYC. Israel is who I worked with most and he always followed up with me in a timely manner and would always be willing to speak with me or my planner over the phone or schedule a time for me to come in and look around to get ideas. I had the most memorable and beautiful wedding and everything went off without a hitch. Absolutely nothing went wrong! It was perfect. I couldn't be more thankful, grateful, lucky and blessed to have chosen the BYC for my wedding venue. I had an overall wonderful experience.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Balboa Yacht Club Pricing

Balboa Yacht Club Price Rates

Balboa Yacht Club FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    China
    Clean Up
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Champagne Toast
    House Beer
    House Wine
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Boat/Yacht
    Historic Building
    Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Catering Services
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Furniture
    Tables
    Tents
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    November
    December

• Reverend Michael Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

For any Bride and Groom reading this endorsement: I am Rev. Michael and I Officiate at all locations in Orange County. And one of my top five favorite locations to Officiate at is at the Balboa Yacht Club. Their staff are, without a doubt, the best, the most flexible, the most organized and the nicest coordinators to work with. I receive so many rave reviews from my couples not only regarding the way they handle the Ceremony but the reception as well. I would be remiss in not telling you to at least call the Balboa Yacht Club and investigate their offerings. If you wish to know more, feel free to contact me at ReverendMichael@ReverendMichael.com http://www.ReverendMichael.com. Rev. Michael

• White Doves Los Angeles Southern California
    White Doves Los Angeles Southern California Wedding Rentals

Balboa Yacht Club is a good spot for under 80 person(s) weddings & great for white dove releases from "Newport Coast White Dove Release" www.ocdoves.com (714) 903-6599

• 1801 Bayside Drive Corona del Mar, CA, 92625 See on map
    Location of (Balboa Yacht Club)