On WeddingWire since 2011
Talega Golf Club is a wedding venue located in San Clemente, California. Situated amidst the scenic San Clemente hills, this traditional club fuses rustic charm with timeless sophistication. The clubhouse is designed in a Spanish colonial style, with a rust-red roof and cream white walls. The main building is surrounded by tranquil woodlands, palm trees, and golf greens, all of which are framed by the sun-drenched Californian blue sky.
Facilities and Capacity
Talega Golf Club can cater to weddings for up to 200 guests. Ceremonies are held in the picturesque courtyard overlooking the manicured landscape and sweeping views of the course and the area's riparian terrain. Couples can host their reception outdoors in the Courtyard, which is ideal for 170 loved ones. Indoor receptions are held in The Signature Room, a classic ballroom that fuses rustic elegance and refinement. Authentic chandeliers and expansive windows help create a romantic and atmospheric backdrop for special occasions. This traditional space overlooks the terrace and gardens, and offers serene views of the fairways and golf greens. Complimentary WiFi and parking are available at this venue, and the golf club and grounds are wheelchair accessible.
The experienced staff is on hand to cater to your every need. An in-house event planner will collaborate with you in curating your dream day, from design and decor to sourcing vendors. The dedicated team oversees setup and breakdown on the day. They provide everything from chairs, tables, and linens to barware, flatware, glassware, and a variety of decorative options.
The culinary team provides delectable cuisine for wedding events. Led by director Michael Voorhees, the expert chefs will tailor their menus and creations to reflect your preferences. You can choose from buffet-style stations or plated service, and treat guests to hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour. In terms of bar service, couples can opt for an open or cash bar service. The bartenders are on hand to serve guests with a selection of wine, beer, alcoholic spirits, and signature drinks.
Bundle and save time!
Contact Talega Golf Club and their preferred vendors
Talega Golf Club
DJ Sota Entertainment - West Coast Wedding DJs
Fantasy Floral Designs
Extreme DJ Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
213 User photos
Best ever. Book this place now!
So, what makes it so special you may ask? Let's get into it.
1. Michael will take care of practically everything for you. So if you are an organized bride that wants a partner in crime that is equally as organized and invested in your wedding, Michael is your guy!
2. The venue itself is gorgeous! The ceremony space is beautiful and the reception space is tastefully decorated, with a cute foyer and a very spacious bar! The flow of the evening from outdoor ceremony, to cocktail hour, to indoor reception is flawless. And guess who ushers your guests to cocktail hour, points them to the seating chart, encourages them to sign the guestbook, leads them inside, etc ... yep, you guessed it. Michael!
3. THE. FOOD. Most of the reviews you read about Talega will most likely mention the food, and for a good reason. This is NOT your typical wedding food. Repeat. NOT your typical gross, soggy chicken with pasta, wedding food. My guests are still talking about the food, and I will for the rest of my life. TOP TIER. Even the presentation of the food on the plate is beautiful, and very aesthetically pleasing!
4. Vendors recommendations! One of the best things in my opinion was the recommendations I got from Michael about who to choose for things like DJ, Florist, Getaway Car, etc. Like I said earlier, Michael doesn't let you have a bad wedding so you best bet that his endorsement of these vendors goes a long way. And I can sit here today (2 weeks after my wedding) and say that every single person he recommended was incredible! So when I booked Talega I not only checked venue off of the list, but I checked off my florist, DJ, getaway car, and even the cake baker! Because guess what? Included with your price booking of Talega is a bakery in Dana Point. I was able to get a 2-tier wedding cake and around 200 mini desserts. The dessert table looked so good and was set up so tastefully (Michael set it up so of course it looked good)
5. Price and packages! For what you get from Talega the pricing is extremely reasonable and there are NO. HIDDEN. FEES. The price per person that you pay includes tax, service fee, and tip. This makes it so incredibly easy to know what you are getting yourself into financially. Just shoot Michael an email asking for more information and you will get the PDF that tells you everything that is included, which is a lot so you shouldn't have to spend much more when it comes to the venue.
I am running out of words in my review so I will leave it at this: stop the search, BOOK TALEGA! PLEASE! You will look back and thank yourself, I promise.
Wedding of Our Dreams!!!
Are you interested?
Michael is the resident wedding expert at Talega. His career in the wedding and event industry spans 20 years, having started over 2000 happy couples in the right direction towards a happily ever after.
Michael's penchant for detail, connectivity to the industry, and genuine passion to treat each couple as his only clients, has led to a successful model through his career and here at Talega.
Michael has spent other parts of his career as a Chef, Caterer, Florist, Baker, Planner, Server/Bartender, Private Club Events Manager and Restaurant Manager. Having these skills and experiences, of which each has a place in weddings and events, has led him to adapt a service protocol which is the foundation of his mission statement for his clients and guests at Talega:
Professional Network & Endorsements5 Endorsements
We love working at Talega Golf Course. Michael and his team are great to work with. The venue is helpful and provides great customer service.
We find ourselves at this venue pretty much every year, sometimes more than once! They offer it ALL!! Great views, atmosphere, service, and delicious food! If you meet Michael you will be blown away by his attention to detail and his willingness to serve his clients! As a Wedding Coordinator I love working along side him. As a floral event designer it is a gorgeous venue to add our flowers too! One of our top 5 venues in Souther Orange County!!
Great service and attention to details for all their clients. From: Elegant Parties OC
Would you like to visit?