Talega Golf Club Reviews

Talega Golf Club 5
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/04/2019

Wedding of Our Dreams!

Our wedding at Talega Golf Club was everything we dreamed of and more! Michael, Tommy and the rest of their staff, were beyond awesome!

The food was amazing, our family and friends are still talking about it to this day. Their attention to detail helped everything run so smoothly.

Michael also gave us some great advice along the way which also helped immensely during the wedding planning process.

We will always be so grateful for their services and for helping to create one of the best days of our lives.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Deanna

Deanna Ginter · Married on 08/24/2019

So so so thankful we chose Talega!

Talega Golf Club provided a seamless experience for planning our wedding from start to finish. The wedding experts, Michael and Tommy, were communicative, professional, hospitable, and caring the entire way through. Michael helped us plan our onsite ceremony and reception at Talega in FOUR months, and the day was absolutely perfect because of him and the entire Talega staff (including the vendors we worked with per their recommendation). No detail went unnoticed! Last but not least, the food and drinks were amazing; from the cocktail hour appetizers, to the late night snacks. We've heard from many friends and family that it was one of the best weddings they have attended, and we know it was because of the people at Talega.

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Where to begin with Talega Golf Club… the venue is breathtaking, the staff is amazing, and Michael and Tommy are the best wedding coordinators you will ever work with. From the very beginning Michael is very responsive and helpful. He will walk you through every step of the wedding planning process, and responds right away with any questions you may have. Our wedding day went perfectly thanks to these two. They managed to keep the day stress free, and kept everything on schedule. Our family and friends raved about the venue and claimed it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. The staff was so kind to our guests, and very accommodating to any special needs they had. Talega Golf Club, Michael, and Tommy will completely exceed all your wedding expectations, and you will not regret choosing this venue for your special day!

Talega Golf Club 6
    Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Kledzik · Married on 05/25/2019

May Wedding

We had such a positive experience with Talega hosting and planning our wedding. Collectively the dream became a reality- the tables were gorgeous, the food was delicious (not your average wedding food), the stress was alleviated with Michael and Tommy stepping up big, and so much more. They are a pleasure to work with and their staff are amazing. The workers seemed to like what they were doing and were good at it ; which made for a good positive vibe. Overall we were very happy to have picked this venue

Sent on 10/17/2019

Ann Nguyen · Married on 05/24/2019

Above and Beyond Customer Service, Beautiful Venue!!!

My fiancé and I were so wowwed by Michael, Tommy, and his staff. My fiancé and I came here for a wedding tour and it was the most memorable tour we’ve ever had. Michael took the time to give us all the details for the venue as well as gave us great money saving tips. All the beautiful decor would be included. I appreciate their simple package options. Michael and his team were very hospitable and made us feel so welcome. Michael is an amazing asset to this company! Gosh, he really stands out as a super star! We did not end up going with this venue, because we selected a venue that was more convenient for our guests. Nonetheless, I highly recommend Talega for your wedding venue, because Michael and his team will definitely take care of you and your guests!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Jim

Jim Kordenbrock · Married on 05/17/2019

Magical Wedding!

Michael and his team created a truly magical wedding event! They were all so professional, positive and accommodating- we couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue/reception. We would recommend them to everyone! We are so appreciative of Michael and his team! WOW! Candice and Jim

Talega Golf Club 19
    Talega Golf Club 26
    Talega Golf Club 27
    Sent on 06/20/2019

Victor · Married on 05/11/2019

The most incredible venue and wedding coordinators

Where do I even begin! Our wedding is still talked about months later due to the amazing venue, food, and the incredible wedding coordinators (Michael and Tommy)

From the moment I walked in I knew that our wedding would go smoothly based off how precise, attention to detail, and hospitable Michael was! He answered every email, every minuscule question, and always was professional and kind.

Our guests can’t stop ranting about how amazing the food was, and how beautiful the wedding turned out! Everything from the cocktail hour to the duet entrees, to the sparkler exit, I couldn’t imagine a more perfect place to say “ I do.”

Thank you Michael and team for making my our wedding so amazing, and for everything you did for us throughout the entire year! We recommend Talega Golf Club with the highest regards .

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/04/2019

The BEST venue in Southern California!

Talega is absolutely the best venue in Southern California! We visited many venues in the area in search of the perfect place to get married, once we met Michael and Tommy we knew Talega was it. Let me start by saying, these guys are truly the dream team! From the minute we met with them they really took the time to get to know us and what we envisioned for our wedding. They helped guide us through the planning process with examples, great suggestions and were always a phone call or email away. These guys and their staff really know what they are doing and it allowed us to truly enjoy our wedding. They created a magical day that we will never forget.

The packages that Talega offers are very reasonable for what you are receiving. All of the extras that are included make such a difference. The food, drinks, presentation, and hospitality are top notch. We still have guests raving about the food!

If you are looking for a venue, look no futher! Talega is more than just a venue, the people are like family. We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding there! A million thank yous to Michael, Tommy and their team!

Talega Golf Club 28
    Talega Golf Club 29
    Sent on 09/26/2019

Ashley · Married on 04/27/2019

Elegance that is beyond exceptional

When going through the search process, we considered a dozen venues and were initially sold on The Villa, SJC. We put down our deposit as we thought that it was perfect for us. Unfortunately, a mere four months from our wedding date, we came to the realization that the Villa had exorbitant hidden fees, and were a hassle to deal with. For instance, The Villa estimated $1,500 in basic rentals with upgrades being slightly more; however, when we got our proposal from Signature Rentals (which you had to use, as the Villa has nothing on site and Signature is their preferred/only vendor), the rentals alone were $7,000. Plus, their wedding coordinator (that you are required to hire, at your expense) was charging her fee just to tell you what you couldn’t do. And, if by chance you were able to get approval do to something, there was going to be an additional fee. From lighting to entertainment to parking to equipment, everything was going to be taxed with an extra fee from the Villa. It was finally evident to us that the coordinator was not on our side, and The Villa was more about charging fees, as opposed to creating a special memory for us.

It was at this point, we called Michael and Tommy at Talega; by some miracle, Talega was available on the exact day of our wedding! Michael and Tommy were our wedding angels from that moment forward. Talega bent over backwards to make our day so magical and straightforward. There were no hidden costs like our first venue, and the pricing was laid out in a clear and understandable manner, with absolutely no surprises. Everything was included, from the linens, dinnerware, tables & chairs, a full bar, food, decorations, servers, etc. Talega knows exactly what is needed to put on a fabulous wedding and they make sure that they are well equipped with the essentials. Michael and Tommy even went out of their way to make our wedding even more special by accommodating outside entertainment at no additional fee or hassle. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue, or about the individuals running it. Our wedding guests were speechless over how beautiful everything looked, how delicious the food tasted and how great the service was. Talega really goes above and beyond to ensure that the wedding planning process is truly about the couple and their guests. Understanding something so simple gives Talega elegance that is beyond exceptional. Bravo! Since then, Talega has been the family venue of preference for special occasions and big announcements, just because we continue to have such a wonderful experience working with Michael and Tommy.

Talega Golf Club 30
    Talega Golf Club 39
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Emily · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing!

Michael, Tommy and the team were beyond perfect. They went above and beyond our expectations. They made wedding planning a lot less stressful especially since I planned the wedding in about 5 months. SO many great things were included in the package and after looking about 20 venues, I am glad this one was the last one. I just knew this was the right choice for us!
    Emily & Sid

Sent on 07/02/2019

Ashley Kalagian · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Everyone was absolutely amazing! Our wedding was perfect and it was all thanks to Michael and Tommy!

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • bianca

bianca · Married on 09/22/2018

Bugescu/Anderson Wedding 9/22/18

The best venue to get married at! Michael and his team did amazing throughout the whole process! My wedding day was perfect! I can't wait to go back to visit!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Denise · Married on 09/08/2018

Wow! We had our amazing wedding at Talega Golf Club on 9/8/18 and we are still getting compliments from guests on everything from the food to the lovely setup. All of the previous reviews about Michael, Tommy and the rest of the Talega team are accurate - they all went above and beyond to make sure that every detail of our wedding was perfect. Michael and his team added the most value by providing many things that other venues simply did not, such as chiavari chairs, gold chargers, easels and other essential wedding items. My family and I brought over several items to our rehearsal dinner and were just amazed at how beautifully they were all set up when we arrived for our wedding the next day. Working with such a thoughtful and experienced team made our wedding truly go off without a hitch and we could not be more grateful for them! On a personal note, my now husband and I planned our wedding from the East Coast and found that the entire process was a lot easier having Michael by our side, responding to any questions we had and offering suggestions for different local vendors which helped narrow our search significantly. Overall, if you are looking for a gorgeous venue that places a high value on quality of food, service and execution, you should look no further than Talega. Thank you again Michael, Tommy and the rest of the wonderful team at Talega!!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Erin · Married on 07/21/2018

Friendly, supportive, on top of it!

I had an amazing experience at Talega! Michael and tommy were amazing! They made us comfortable and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! As the day of coordinator they told us when to do everything so I just enjoyed myself and didn’t stress at all on the day. I brought decorations, gifts, and games which they set all up for me. Gorgeous view!!! It was a beautiful spot for pictures! Food and drinks were delicious and service was fabulous! I loved having my wedding there!!!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Sherri · Married on 05/26/2018

Best Decision Ever

My husband and I have the best day of our lives in Talega! All thanks to Michael and Tommy! They are both very professional, communicative, and responsive. To have our wedding in Talega is the best decision I made. The foods are absolutely delicious. All my guests gave so much compliments about the foods and overall service. We are very appreciate all the hard works to all the staffs. From beginning to the end, everything is very easy with Michael. He makes sure we don't have to worry too much since we do not have a coordinator. In addition, you don't have to spend extra money just because is during holiday weekend. Many other places charged you 20% more because the date you want to get married, but Talega make sure every day is equally important to the bride and groom. Thank you Michael and Tommy, and the rest of the staff in Talega!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Heather · Married on 04/14/2018

My wedding here this past weekend was amazing!!! We had a beautiful stress free wedding. Michael and Tommy are the best. Every detail was perfect, the food was outstanding, the venue was incredible...I can't rave enough about them. Everyone said we had the best wedding they had ever been to! What a beautiful romantic venue.

Michael is my personal hero-he made our dreams come true! We could not have asked for a better person or venue to have had our wedding. Through the entire process Michael answered every email immediately. He and the rest of the Talega staff are incredible! Lots of love to everyone at Talega! And a big ol' hug and kiss for Michael and Tommy!! We love you guys!!

Brides and Grooms- Please do yourself a favor and book this venue! You will not find a better location or better people to work with!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Rhonda · Married on 04/14/2018

Outstanding...in every sense of the word! When my daughter and son-in-law chose Talega, they wanted everyone to enjoy the moment and not worry about any of the work or details...and did we enjoy! We all had so much fun, and the wedding was absolutely beautiful!
    I had so many guests come up to me and tell me that not only was it gorgeous, but that it was the best wedding that they had ever attended. The food was equivalent to a five star restaurant, and attention was given to every detail of their wedding.
    Michael and his staff went way beyond our expectations in every sense of the word. When I say they were fabulous, it doesn’t even begin to say how wonderful they were. They cared about every small detail that the bride and groom wanted. They took their wedding dream wish and turned it into a reality.
    If you want to have your dream wedding come true, this is definitely the place to go.
    We haven’t received the professional pictures yet, but here are some cell phone pics to show just how beautiful it was.

Talega Golf Club 40
    Talega Golf Club 47
    Talega Golf Club 48
    Sent on 04/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/01/2018

You would be stupid if you did not pick this venue to get married at! I just had my wedding last Saturday at Talega and it was FLAWLESS! The entire process was easy and simple and there was not one issue at all. EVERYONE of my guests came up to me telling me how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the enitre wedding was. I even still have people posting photos from the wedding saying how great my coordinators were. You would be making the biggest mistake of your life if you dont pick this venue. Michael and Tommy have every deatil down to a science. They did all the work to make sure everything came out perfectly and it did! They even went out their way to make sure Dannya nd I were happy the entire time during the reception and we had drinks in our hands. There are not enough words to explain how amanzing this place is. Just go check it out and you will be sold on the first visit.

Talega Golf Club 49
    Talega Golf Club 56
    Sent on 04/10/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/13/2018

My husband and I had our wedding here on January 13, 2018 and were so incredibly happy that we chose Talega as our venue! The club and the golf course are absolutely stunning and the ambiance was perfect. The food was excellent and the staff were kind, responsive, and overall outstanding! Seriously, our friends and family have been raving about the food nonstop! Michael and Tommy ensured that the whole day went off without a hitch and were lovely to work with throughout the whole process. They were especially terrific on the day of the wedding and went out of their way to make sure that everything went smoothly. If you are in search of a venue you should definitely take a look at Talega - you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Tanya · Married on 11/11/2017

The service was extraordinary! The best venue you can find hands down. Michael helped with every part of the process. He takes weddings seriously and knows what he is doing. You won’t find more caring wonderful people anywhere else. On top of that the venue is gorgeous and you can add your personal touches to really make it your own. I have recieved a ton of compliments on the food. It is delicious! If you choose this venue you won’t be disappointed. I am tearing up now writing this because of how wonderful the day was, it really was magical and I’m so happy with the experience. Tommy thank you too for making the day of flow so well!

Photography credit Budnick Photography

Talega Golf Club 62
    Talega Golf Club 63
    Sent on 12/05/2017

Katie · Married on 07/29/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at Talega! Michael and his team are hands down THE BEST. They are aware of every little detail and executed a flawless wedding!! Can't say enough good things about this place! Our dinner was AMAZING. They truly go above and beyond.

Sent on 07/25/2018
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/22/2017

Talega Golf Club is by far the best wedding venue to host your magical day! Not only is it an absolutely beautiful location, but it is also run by the best wedding team you will find, Michael and Tommy. We felt so at ease upon meeting Michael and knew immediately that he was more interested in us having the best day of our lives than selling the venue. We met with Michael a few more times and had the privilege of meeting his assistant, Tommy, as well. What a dynamic duo! They walk you through all of the options and tailor everything to your exact vision for your wedding. Michael gave me numerous recommendations for wedding vendors, and I must say thanks to him, we hired the dream team! When we went to Talega for our tasting, we were absolutely blown away by the food!! Everything is ordered and prepared on site. We were able to taste our potential hors d’oeuvres, salads, and dinner entrees. The food is elegant, fresh, and hands-down the most delicious food. They took their time with details and made sure that everything was flawless. Michael always responded very promptly to emails. When my wedding day arrived, I was absolutely blown away by how beautiful everything was set up. Every detail we had talked about was executed perfectly, and I felt so relaxed knowing that Michael and Tommy would make sure everything ran smoothly. I was able to thoroughly enjoy my magical day without any worries whatsoever. All of my guests raved about the wedding and were so impressed with everything. They also could not believe how delicious the food was! Michael and Tommy go above and beyond to make sure that your magical day is everything you ever wished it would be. Their customer service is unmatched by others, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend Talega Golf Club and truly wish I could experience the day over and over! I would give them more than a 5 star rating if I could!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Maria · Married on 07/01/2017

Our day was ABSOLUTELY a DREAM COME TRUE!! Thank you Michael & crew for making our dreams become a reality!! We stumbled upon this venue based on a recommendation from our Wedding Planner, and we are so glad that we did. The beautiful thing with the space is you can truly make it your own Southern California wedding experience. Since we got married in a Catholic Church, we used this as our reception venue. We booked our wedding 16 months before our big day and didn't have any issues reserving the space. The Talega team was very easy to contact if we ever needed them throughout our engagement. We were blown away with how organized (and delicious!) our tasting was, and how they allowed us to create our own specialty cocktail!! Since we got married on a holiday weekend (4th of July), we weren't sure how many guests were going to be able to attend. We booked the venue anticipating 200 and had 115. It was truly a perfect fit, and I honestly don't know if I would pack more than 150 people in the room because it would be quite cramped!

On the actual day of the wedding, our other vendors all commented on how easy Talega was to work with on the day-of. Dropoffs of rentals/pickups was managed flawlessly. When we arrived, we took pictures and then headed into dinner. We loved how they saved us appetizers and the entree, and Michael was sure to make sure we had time to eat, and kept people away from our sweetheart table. It was so sweet to be able to enjoy our first few moments as a married couple just us. They made sure we were able to stay on schedule and dance the night away, and even sent us home with wedding cake. Absolutely wish we could get married every weekend AT Talega!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Talega Golf Club 64
    Talega Golf Club 72
    Sent on 02/20/2018
  • Y

Yuri · Married on 06/17/2017

From the first email message till the day after our wedding, Talega Golf Club's team was on top of its game. From the very beginning of the process, Michael Voorhees and Tommy were in control and running the show; and there was never a doubt that they would pull together all of what I wanted for my wedding and reception. The service was flawless from beginning to the end. Michael is very welcoming and helpful - he offered multiple food and wine tastings, decorations and place settings, and wedding and reception ideas. The food was amazing! I am so glad that I chose Michael and Tommy to help us with our wedding! Michael and Tommy are truly amazing, and I cannot thank them enough for helping to make my wedding and reception dreams come true.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/11/2017

Michael and Tommy were wonderful to work with! They are very detailed and assembled my wedding decor perfectly. The venue was just beautiful and everything I had hoped it would be and more. This was the perfect venue and the service provided was excellent.

Sent on 06/24/2017