Talega Golf Club Reviews

Talega Golf Club 5
Talega Golf Club 6
Talega Golf Club 7

Ann Nguyen · Getting married on 05/25/2019

Above and Beyond Customer Service, Beautiful Venue!!!

My fiancé and I were so wowwed by Michael, Tommy, and his staff. My fiancé and I came here for a wedding tour and it was the most memorable tour we’ve ever had. Michael took the time to give us all the details for the venue as well as gave us great money saving tips. All the beautiful decor would be included. I appreciate their simple package options. Michael and his team were very hospitable and made us feel so welcome. Michael is an amazing asset to this company! Gosh, he really stands out as a super star! We did not end up going with this venue, because we selected a venue that was more convenient for our guests. Nonetheless, I highly recommend Talega for your wedding venue, because Michael and his team will definitely take care of you and your guests!

Denise · Married on 09/08/2018

Wow! We had our amazing wedding at Talega Golf Club on 9/8/18 and we are still getting compliments from guests on everything from the food to the lovely setup. All of the previous reviews about Michael, Tommy and the rest of the Talega team are accurate - they all went above and beyond to make sure that every detail of our wedding was perfect. Michael and his team added the most value by providing many things that other venues simply did not, such as chiavari chairs, gold chargers, easels and other essential wedding items. My family and I brought over several items to our rehearsal dinner and were just amazed at how beautifully they were all set up when we arrived for our wedding the next day. Working with such a thoughtful and experienced team made our wedding truly go off without a hitch and we could not be more grateful for them! On a personal note, my now husband and I planned our wedding from the East Coast and found that the entire process was a lot easier having Michael by our side, responding to any questions we had and offering suggestions for different local vendors which helped narrow our search significantly. Overall, if you are looking for a gorgeous venue that places a high value on quality of food, service and execution, you should look no further than Talega. Thank you again Michael, Tommy and the rest of the wonderful team at Talega!!

Heather · Married on 04/14/2018

My wedding here this past weekend was amazing!!! We had a beautiful stress free wedding. Michael and Tommy are the best. Every detail was perfect, the food was outstanding, the venue was incredible...I can't rave enough about them. Everyone said we had the best wedding they had ever been to! What a beautiful romantic venue.

Michael is my personal hero-he made our dreams come true! We could not have asked for a better person or venue to have had our wedding. Through the entire process Michael answered every email immediately. He and the rest of the Talega staff are incredible! Lots of love to everyone at Talega! And a big ol' hug and kiss for Michael and Tommy!! We love you guys!!

Brides and Grooms- Please do yourself a favor and book this venue! You will not find a better location or better people to work with!

Rhonda · Married on 04/14/2018

Outstanding...in every sense of the word! When my daughter and son-in-law chose Talega, they wanted everyone to enjoy the moment and not worry about any of the work or details...and did we enjoy! We all had so much fun, and the wedding was absolutely beautiful!
    I had so many guests come up to me and tell me that not only was it gorgeous, but that it was the best wedding that they had ever attended. The food was equivalent to a five star restaurant, and attention was given to every detail of their wedding.
    Michael and his staff went way beyond our expectations in every sense of the word. When I say they were fabulous, it doesn’t even begin to say how wonderful they were. They cared about every small detail that the bride and groom wanted. They took their wedding dream wish and turned it into a reality.
    If you want to have your dream wedding come true, this is definitely the place to go.
    We haven’t received the professional pictures yet, but here are some cell phone pics to show just how beautiful it was.

Talega Golf Club 8
    Talega Golf Club 14
    Talega Golf Club 15
    Talega Golf Club 16

Nicole · Married on 04/01/2018

You would be stupid if you did not pick this venue to get married at! I just had my wedding last Saturday at Talega and it was FLAWLESS! The entire process was easy and simple and there was not one issue at all. EVERYONE of my guests came up to me telling me how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the enitre wedding was. I even still have people posting photos from the wedding saying how great my coordinators were. You would be making the biggest mistake of your life if you dont pick this venue. Michael and Tommy have every deatil down to a science. They did all the work to make sure everything came out perfectly and it did! They even went out their way to make sure Dannya nd I were happy the entire time during the reception and we had drinks in our hands. There are not enough words to explain how amanzing this place is. Just go check it out and you will be sold on the first visit.

Talega Golf Club 17
    Talega Golf Club 23
    Talega Golf Club 24
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/13/2018

My husband and I had our wedding here on January 13, 2018 and were so incredibly happy that we chose Talega as our venue! The club and the golf course are absolutely stunning and the ambiance was perfect. The food was excellent and the staff were kind, responsive, and overall outstanding! Seriously, our friends and family have been raving about the food nonstop! Michael and Tommy ensured that the whole day went off without a hitch and were lovely to work with throughout the whole process. They were especially terrific on the day of the wedding and went out of their way to make sure that everything went smoothly. If you are in search of a venue you should definitely take a look at Talega - you won't regret it!

Tanya · Married on 11/11/2017

The service was extraordinary! The best venue you can find hands down. Michael helped with every part of the process. He takes weddings seriously and knows what he is doing. You won’t find more caring wonderful people anywhere else. On top of that the venue is gorgeous and you can add your personal touches to really make it your own. I have recieved a ton of compliments on the food. It is delicious! If you choose this venue you won’t be disappointed. I am tearing up now writing this because of how wonderful the day was, it really was magical and I’m so happy with the experience. Tommy thank you too for making the day of flow so well!

Photography credit Budnick Photography

Talega Golf Club 29
    Talega Golf Club 30
    Talega Golf Club 31

Katie · Married on 07/29/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at Talega! Michael and his team are hands down THE BEST. They are aware of every little detail and executed a flawless wedding!! Can't say enough good things about this place! Our dinner was AMAZING. They truly go above and beyond.

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/22/2017

Talega Golf Club is by far the best wedding venue to host your magical day! Not only is it an absolutely beautiful location, but it is also run by the best wedding team you will find, Michael and Tommy. We felt so at ease upon meeting Michael and knew immediately that he was more interested in us having the best day of our lives than selling the venue. We met with Michael a few more times and had the privilege of meeting his assistant, Tommy, as well. What a dynamic duo! They walk you through all of the options and tailor everything to your exact vision for your wedding. Michael gave me numerous recommendations for wedding vendors, and I must say thanks to him, we hired the dream team! When we went to Talega for our tasting, we were absolutely blown away by the food!! Everything is ordered and prepared on site. We were able to taste our potential hors d’oeuvres, salads, and dinner entrees. The food is elegant, fresh, and hands-down the most delicious food. They took their time with details and made sure that everything was flawless. Michael always responded very promptly to emails. When my wedding day arrived, I was absolutely blown away by how beautiful everything was set up. Every detail we had talked about was executed perfectly, and I felt so relaxed knowing that Michael and Tommy would make sure everything ran smoothly. I was able to thoroughly enjoy my magical day without any worries whatsoever. All of my guests raved about the wedding and were so impressed with everything. They also could not believe how delicious the food was! Michael and Tommy go above and beyond to make sure that your magical day is everything you ever wished it would be. Their customer service is unmatched by others, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend Talega Golf Club and truly wish I could experience the day over and over! I would give them more than a 5 star rating if I could!

Maria · Married on 07/01/2017

Our day was ABSOLUTELY a DREAM COME TRUE!! Thank you Michael & crew for making our dreams become a reality!! We stumbled upon this venue based on a recommendation from our Wedding Planner, and we are so glad that we did. The beautiful thing with the space is you can truly make it your own Southern California wedding experience. Since we got married in a Catholic Church, we used this as our reception venue. We booked our wedding 16 months before our big day and didn't have any issues reserving the space. The Talega team was very easy to contact if we ever needed them throughout our engagement. We were blown away with how organized (and delicious!) our tasting was, and how they allowed us to create our own specialty cocktail!! Since we got married on a holiday weekend (4th of July), we weren't sure how many guests were going to be able to attend. We booked the venue anticipating 200 and had 115. It was truly a perfect fit, and I honestly don't know if I would pack more than 150 people in the room because it would be quite cramped!

On the actual day of the wedding, our other vendors all commented on how easy Talega was to work with on the day-of. Dropoffs of rentals/pickups was managed flawlessly. When we arrived, we took pictures and then headed into dinner. We loved how they saved us appetizers and the entree, and Michael was sure to make sure we had time to eat, and kept people away from our sweetheart table. It was so sweet to be able to enjoy our first few moments as a married couple just us. They made sure we were able to stay on schedule and dance the night away, and even sent us home with wedding cake. Absolutely wish we could get married every weekend AT Talega!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Talega Golf Club 32
    Talega Golf Club 39
    Talega Golf Club 40
  • Y

Yuri · Married on 06/17/2017

From the first email message till the day after our wedding, Talega Golf Club's team was on top of its game. From the very beginning of the process, Michael Voorhees and Tommy were in control and running the show; and there was never a doubt that they would pull together all of what I wanted for my wedding and reception. The service was flawless from beginning to the end. Michael is very welcoming and helpful - he offered multiple food and wine tastings, decorations and place settings, and wedding and reception ideas. The food was amazing! I am so glad that I chose Michael and Tommy to help us with our wedding! Michael and Tommy are truly amazing, and I cannot thank them enough for helping to make my wedding and reception dreams come true.

Nicole · Married on 06/11/2017

Michael and Tommy were wonderful to work with! They are very detailed and assembled my wedding decor perfectly. The venue was just beautiful and everything I had hoped it would be and more. This was the perfect venue and the service provided was excellent.

Holly · Married on 06/10/2017

I do not even know where to start. My husband actually found this as our wedding venue because he golfed here years ago and remembered how pretty it was. When we went for our first meeting with Michael I knew instantly this is where we were going to be married. Talega is absolutely gorgeous and Michael and Tommy are the best team. They went above and beyond for us in both planning and executing our big day. Michael responds to emails super quickly and he is always ready to help. He knows all the best vendors in the area and he is very honest when you ask his opinion. He is also very open about budget and helped us greatly when we were so confused on what to spend money on. On the wedding day him and Tommy were everywhere, making sure everything ran smoothly and kept the party going! We had a sparkler send off at the end and the images from it are stunning. If I could write a book on how much I love Talega, Michael and Tommy I would. If you choose this as your venue you will NOT be disappointed. I should also note 75% of our wedding guests were out of state and they still rave about how amazing and beautiful the day was. Oh! and the FOOD! Food is sooo good! and Drinks too! Michael is very specific on taste and presentation, definitely things you want for a wedding venue! It was the best day and the best place, we wouldn't change a thing! #TeamTalega

Patrick · Married on 05/27/2017

We hired Michael and Tommy last month to take care of our wedding day and it was the best decision we made throughout the process. These two gentlemen were so helpful and supportive over the wedding prep and the big day itself. Talega is beautiful but Michael and Tommy make Talega the best spot for a wedding in SoCal. They were accommodating and flexible to every request and our guests raved about their service and attention to detail. The food was amazing and the event ran so smooth. Pick Talega for your next event and we promise they won't disappoint.

Patrick and Raquel
    Married May 27, 2017

Holly · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband Seth and I had our wedding at Talega just this past weekend (12-10-16). There are not enough words to describe how amazing Michael, Tommy and the entire staff are! They made our wedding flawless! From the very first time we stepped foot on to the venue, Michael and Tommy always went the extra step to make sure we always had everything we needed. They were incredibly helpful during the entire planning process and were in constant contact with us. Every email and phone call was returned within a timely manner, and when you're planning a wedding.... boy is that important! They made the planning process so easy and even helped with last minute details.
    The wedding day itself was just perfect! Michael and Tommy, the catering staff... everyone was so attentive to us and all of our guests. They made sure everyone had everything they needed at all times! They made the entire night run so smoothly and helped me feel so relaxed and able to enjoy my special night. If you're looking for a venue for your wedding or special event... I would highly recommend Talega! You will be blown away at the service and beautiful venue. I had my dream wedding here and I wouldn't change a thing!! I am so thankful and grateful to Michael, Tommy and the entire Talega staff!!

Dustine · Married on 10/15/2016

We got married here back in October 2016. There aren't enough words to say how amazing Michael and Tommy were through the whole planning process and especially on the day of. They made sure our big day went off without a hitch. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and the food was delicious. All our guests kept telling us it was the best wedding food they ever had. Thank you so much Michael and Tommy for making our special day so unforgettable!!!

Daphne · Married on 09/17/2016

Michael and Tommy made our wedding smooth sailing. They truly take care of every detail you could possibly think of. They are very experienced, knowledgeable, and know how to get the job done and make you feel amazing on your special day!

Daphne · Married on 09/17/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2016

We had the best experience at Talega!! We've been married just about 3 months now and we keep talking about how fabulous our wedding was! We've received so many compliments from people who were guests...they have said things like "that was the best wedding I've ever been to!". Michael and Tommy are in charge over there...we used them as our coordinators also for the day of and everything went flawlessly. They are super organized and had answers for every question I could have asked. When planning our wedding many people told us 'something can and will go wrong- just roll with it'...well...nothing went wrong! Tommy made sure we were able to eat during our reception also! He rocks! This venue is a really great value for your money; we got everything we wanted. We looked at so many places when we were trying to select a venue and everything was so expensive with so many hidden costs etc. not Talega. Michael was very straightforward with costs and helped us with our budget. Talega Golf Club is beautiful- you look like you're somewhere in Italy. We had the best time and couldn't recommend this place enough! There is a reason there are so many good reviews about Talega!!

Casey · Married on 08/20/2016

Michael was flexible, friendly and helpful! Talega included so many items that made planning easy and stress-free, including decor/signage, votives, cake, tux for the groom and complimentary tasting for both our families! We felt we got a really great value for a beautiful venue. Our guests raved about the food as well!

Beautiful venue and wonderful people! Michael, the venue coordinator, with his team and Tommy, are the major reasons why my now husband and I chose the venue. It was a beautiful location and had the unique opportunity to take pictures elsewhere on the property, including the underground tunnels, which was awesome. Michael was so accommodating and put up with me in the months leading up to the wedding as I constantly changed my mind on design, and he allowed me to come around and do table mock ups multiple times. The menu is diverse and whatever you choose, the food is delicious! The service on the day of was seamless from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner and reception. Michael and Tommy worked wonderfully with my wedding coordinators and other vendors and everything came together beautifully on the big day. Michael and Tommy were definitely the best for the job at the beautiful venue of Talega Golf Club to help make a flawless day from start to sparkler exit!

Marissa · Married on 07/23/2016

Michael and Tommy are amazing! They made sure everything was perfect for our big day! They were so accommodating and they were such a pleasure to work with!

Cannot give a higher recommendation for the amazing team at Talega! Everything was professional, polite and friendly! We could not have chosen a better venue and team!

PS food was awesome!

V · Married on 06/26/2016

Both my Husband and I LOVED getting married at Talega Golf Club! We knew as soon as we met Michael and saw the facility that we wanted to get married there. Once we signed our contract with the facility, Michael and his team helped us plan for our wedding six months out! They had so many resources for us to use and had great vendors for us to network with (for only the DJ, Photographer and Flowers; EVERYTHING ELSE WAS TAKEN CARE OF!) The team went out of their way to make sure all of our questions were answered and needs were met as we approached our big day. Michael even let me take the photographer on the property before the event to scout out the best places to take photos, hint: there are many many many photo spots to choose from. The day before we were able to rehearse on site and that process went smoothly as well. The day of our wedding Michael and his team handled coordinating all the vendors, family members and pre-ceremony photos. Then when guests arrived their staff made sure everyone felt comfortable and ready to have a good time. If there were any hiccups in our day, my husband, family and I don't know about them because Michael and his team took such great care of us! The courtyard where the ceremony was held and the reception hall were both beautiful and we couldn't believe how lovely our wedding turned out. Michael and his team did so many big and small details on our behalf. For example, at the end of the night they packed us some champagne and cake for us to enjoy on our wedding night. It has been over two weeks since our wedding and I still hear outstanding reviews about Talega Golf Club from our family and friends. We have been told by many of them that our wedding was the best wedding they have been to and we can thank Talega Golf Club for making that possible!

Kerry · Married on 05/21/2016

Michael and his team are hands down the best in the business. I worked for an event planner for four years in college and coordinated weddings at some of the most high scale venues. Talega is a hidden gem in South Orange County. From the second my husband and I met Michael I knew I could trust him to make sure our day was perfect. He pays attention to every little detail and makes sure that all your guests are well taken care of. The food is by far the best food I have ever eaten at a wedding. Not only is it delicious but it is presented beautifully to all the guests. It has been 7 months since our wedding and our guests still talk about every little detail from ours. My cousin even decided to get married at Talega and use all of our vendors because they were so impressed. Talega and Michael are worth every little penny. We can't thank them enough!

Melanie · Married on 03/12/2016

My husband and I searched every possible venue in Orange County and were just about to change our plan and get married in Nashville because of costs when he thought to reach out to Talega (he had previously golfed there). Thank goodness he did! Once we met Michael and I saw the absolutely amazing price per guest and everything they included, we knew booking Talega was a NO BRAINER.
    Michael and his assistant, Tommy, were incredible from start to finish. SO responsive, SO flexible and just SO perfect. Our guests even commented how professional and warm they were during the wedding. Any special requests or adjustments we had, they did - no questions. Most venues in Orange County don't allow you much flexibility in regards to outside vendors, but Talega couldn't be more accommodating.
    Michael can act as your primary planner, or alongside a planner you hire separately. He's absolutely amazing, and really cares about each couple and their special day. If you're looking for the best deal in Orange County, PLEASE do yourself a favor and visit Talega. You won't be disappointed with the level of service, beautiful property, and amazing food...and best of all, you can have your dream wedding while staying in budget! Such a hidden gem!