20017 I Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006 Map · Phone number

artsclub

27 Reviews for Arts Club of Washington

Alyssa · Married on 07/21/2018

Down-to-Earth hidden gem

The Arts Club of Washington was the absolute perfect venue for me and my husband. Right from the get-go, we wanted something that was central, pretty, and reasonably priced; the Arts Club checked off all of those boxes. The rate is a steal—I don’t think any of the other options we were looking at even came close in terms of competitive pricing. It’s also incredibly unique; the multiple floors, different rooms, and art made sure that everyone always had something to do. We got so many comments on what a great find it was.

The staff was so accommodating and attentive to our needs. They were receptive throughout the entire process, from the tour to the food/wine tasting to the day itself. We had originally planned to have both our ceremony and dinner outside, but unfortunately it poured the entire day. Within an hour, they were able to re-orient the ceremony to the indoor space and arrange for a tent to cover the outside dining area. The ceremony was beautiful and, miraculously, no one got wet while eating dinner. It was so magical; I’ll remember the day and the crew who helped us forever.

The food was AMAZING. Seriously, people are still talking about it. The chef worked with us to pick a menu that suited our tastes, so it was casual but still kind of sophisticated (plus I got my Mac n cheese). We also chose our favorite cocktails to be prepared during the cocktail hour—I think it was a Moscow mule and a gin and tonic. Since it’s an older venue, they did have a couple of rules they were pretty stringent about (I don’t think you could have red wine upstairs, for instance), but honestly it didn’t make one difference.

Please at least consider taking a tour of this place in your searches. The pictures don’t do it justice.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Emanuella · Married on 05/27/2017

We held our wedding at the Arts Club on Memorial day weekend and highly recommend it to other couples! We spent several weeks looking for the perfect location for our big day, and the Arts Club met all of our criteria.

I absolutely loved my wedding at the Arts Club of Washington! Tt was such a magical weekend. All of my guests ranted and raved for days after the event on how much fun they had and how beautiful the venue was. I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding day for myself or my new husband. We had aroun 75 people in our wedding.

Yann and his staff were excellent! Throughout the planning process, they were incredibly helpful, providing information about ceremonies and receptions

It's a historic building and a former home of James Monroe. The house has a unique character, the staff are professional and hard-working, they offers chairs, tables, linens, and cutlery/glassware at no extra cost, there are multiple floors available for guests to roam, their garden/courtyard is the perfect setting for a ceremony/dinner, and the venue even offers in-house catering.

The venue was very flexible on scheduling a tasting for us. The chef did a great job and the food was amazing. He also included a family recipe in the menu. We also featured a signature cocktail, Brazilian Caipirinhas.

We loved the historical feel of the building. The event went perfectly and everyone had a wonderful time..

Sent on 06/01/2017
  • Geraldine

Geraldine · Married on 09/04/2016

Brides and grooms: do not pass up on this venue! It was one of the first venues I learned about because it's known to be budget-friendly, but I initially wasn't impressed by the pictures online. After visiting over a dozen other venues and not finding one we like, I decided to give the Arts Club a chance. I am SO GLAD that I did--it was love at first site. The venue was the perfect size for our 70-person wedding, and the building's history and ambiance went well with our theme. We got lucky with the weather and were able to do our ceremony and dinner in the courtyard, with the cocktail hour and dancing inside.

The venue was very flexible on scheduling a tasting for us. We didn't like all of the food we were served at the tasting, so the chef worked with us to create a menu more to our liking. The chef did a great job and the food was amazing. We also featured signature cocktails. Unfortunately we weren't able to do the wine and cocktail tasting until a few days before the wedding because the venue closes in the month of August, but everything worked out and we had more than enough alcohol.

The venue staff worked well with our Day-of coordinator/decorator, and everything was truly amazing. Plus, Hotel Lombardy is right next door, which is very convenient for guests (no designated-driver needed).

To sum it up, the Arts Club is beautiful, the rental prices are affordable, and the chef/management work with you to develop a food and beverage menu that works with your budget.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Arts Club of Washington FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 4,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 800.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 800.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 35.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Wine, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 150
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 25
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 7
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Mansion, Museum
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Aisle Runners, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• 20017 I Street, NW Washington, 20006 See on map