160 S. Grand Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105 Map · Phone number

18f048f8298475a1 1468084739194 martaben122
katherineari627

54 Reviews for Apertura

Philip · Married on 06/28/2015

Apertura is the BEST, and Ray and his assistant worked hard and closely with us to ensure the photo look amazing. Well we didn't interview many photographers face to face, but after the first meeting with Ray, we knew that he was the one. He cares a lot about his customers and tried very hard to build a relationship with them. Ray and his assistant worked very hard at our wedding day, he showed his professionals and cares not just being a photographer, but also being a good friend.
    Ray is a very skillful photographer, probably one of the best I've known. Ray is definitely a genius to use natural light and flash light, work with environment and people.

He arrived the venue a day before to get himself familiar with the environment, and he was with us for the entire wedding - before a ceremony to the end of the ceremony. He makes us feel very natural and comfortable. Most importantly, we didn't notice his existence while taking all these AMAZING photos. He even worked very hard until the end of the wedding to ensure we can get some beautiful night photos :)

His pricing was reasonable, and he was also very careful about his travel expense to ensure no unnecessary expenditure.

We have much more good things to say about him, but I think his average 5 star review speaks for his work ethic, the quality of the photos, and his effort.

Lastly, yes, we strongly recommend him to be your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Kristine · Married on 02/07/2015

Our wedding day was one of the most emotion-filled days of our lives.

One that I hope I will always remember. But if I don't, the photographs I received would be enough to remind my future self of the love that was shared that day. It was filled with every type of love imaginable; that between a husband and wife, friend-to-friend, father-to-daughter, or mother-to-son.

To say the least, Ray Soemarsono does not just capture photographs. He captures emotions. He captured our joy, apprehension, and anticipation through still frames of our goofy smiles, tears, and worried facial expressions. He was there, sharing in every bit of it. This is not your typical, posed wedding photography. I can look at every picture and am brought back to exactly how I felt at the moment it was captured.

They will remain some of my favorite photographs ever taken!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Emmanuelle · Married on 05/03/2014

Words cannot adequately explain how amazing Ray at Apertura is! My husband and I flew Ray and his team out to our destination wedding in Turks & Caicos and it was worth every penny. Not only is he an incredibly talented photographer, he's a wonderful friend and person to know. Our family and friends didn't even realize he was our photographer. He blended right in. He captured every moment we could have dreamed of and was so easy going. He went above and beyond from the very first moment we met him for the engagement photos to the actual wedding. We loved his work so much that we flew from DC to LA for the engagement shots and then had his team with us in Turks & Caicos.

He shot our pre-wedding day celebrations (even without pre-planning them with him). His artistic touch is really what differentiates him from the other photographers. It's a very intimate, natural, and in-the moment look that is edgy and cool. The wedding album is to DIE for. The best thing was that we didn't even have to pick out the photos. We had over 1,500 photos and he told the best story that we could have imagined. I wish we lived closer to Ray to have him capture our other life moments but don't worry - we'll be flying back to LA to ask for his creative services as our family grows.

Ray and his team were so professional; being on-time and super prepared for every moment. They scouted the island, the venue, and everything in between to ensure we got the best light and shot. We are really so lucky that we met Ray and don't regret selecting him as our photographer.

If you get a chance to work and meet him, I highly recommend it. Best ever!!

We love him!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Apertura FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Toning, Wedding Portraits

• Olivia Vale
    Olivia Vale Wedding Photographers

Simply one of the top photography companies in the world. The guys at Apertura inspire me with their depth of talent, professionalism, and dedication to producing some of the most artful photos I've seen! Love these guys!

• 160 S. Grand Ave Pasadena, 91105 See on map
    6263293993 (Other Phone Number)
    By appointment only.