6701 Janway Rd, Richmond, VA 23228 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 36
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Ampa Events

Ampa Events is a wedding planning and rental company based in Richmond, Virginia. This multifaceted business offers a range of services, from full event design to decor leasing. This experienced team of professionals can help you with each aesthetic aspect of your special day. You can browse their broad selection of lighting, furniture, centerpieces, and more to find items that fit your desired style.

Among the wide range of services available from Ampa Events are event planning and management. These industry experts can help you find the ideal venue and transform it, ensuring that each element is picture-perfect for the duration of your celebration. However, should you already have your wedding site picked out, they can help you give it the necessary flair for your spectacular day. These professionals can help you design custom lighting, audio-visual presentations, and live streams, as well as leasing linens, centerpieces, wedding arches, and more. All equipment and accessories are delivered and set up by the team, allowing you to enjoy the magical scene you have created.

bar versailles gala front img 8226 edit hr 51 487781 160277007992765

15 Reviews for Ampa Events

• Karen

Karen M. · Getting married on 02/07/2022

Manuel/Mandeville wedding

Ted was able to change a very large, plain church hall into a lovely reception hall for my daughter's wedding. He placed the lights just so, they illumined the ceiling and the bridal party. He also brought beautiful tables for the wedding party so they were not seated at folding tables! The stage was became the back drop for the wedding party as he used beautiful drapes to hide the stage and enhance the hall. The hall was recently renovated and many of the parishioners were astonished to see how lovely the decorations were. He was able to make a plain hall appear to be a beautiful reception room.

Sent on 09/02/2020

Ampa Events's reply:

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your review. We enjoyed installing the decor, furniture and lighting. The church community was wonderful to work with. Best wishes for your daughter and new son-in-law.

Ted
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Getting married on 02/07/2022

Magical Transformation

Without AMPA Events my wedding reception would have been sweet but forgettable. With the help of Ted Rubis and company our church hall was completely transformed! Lighting created a space that felt ethereal and intimate. We could not have been more surprised or thrilled with the results! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Ampa Events's reply:

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your review and kind words. Best wishes to you and Mark.

Designer & President

Ampa Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1000
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 2000
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 2000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 75
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Ampa Events 1
    Regional Price Tiers

Regional Price Adjustements. Chose from several experience designers at Ampa Events to assist you in any location from Southern NJ/Philly to NC and the Outerbanks. Posted Retail prices for equipment in our eCommerce website are based on National Market Trends for corporate conferences and meetings in our Nations Capital, Washington, DC. Since Ampa Events works throughout the Mid Atlantic Region, we have prices by region to provide a competitive price based on local market trends. Register online for coutesy adjustments for your town!

Register for Regional Pricing: https://ampaevents.com/registraton/

Team of Ampa Events

President

Ted Rubis has over 30 years of experience designing events, building props and scenery, working with drape treatments and fabrics, installing intricate theatrical lighting designs, and managing the details of technical services such as audio video, electrical and logistics. Rock solid in theater arts, technical theater, carpentry, painting, and lighting – he is more than a wedding planner.

“Asking Stephanie to marry me and celebrating the marriage sacrament was the single most important step I took in my adult life. There isn’t a day that passes where my memories of our Big Fat Greek Wedding warm me and propel me forward. When designing weddings and wedding receptions, these feelings are ever present in every detail. If the work I do as a designer can help instill these feelings in newlyweds, then I will have truly accomplished something spectacular and lasting…”

What is your specialty?

Our grandparents came over from Greece during World War I, so of course one of my specialties is the big fat Greek wedding! Working in the event industry for over 30 years, my repertoire of designs is quite extensive. I have always loved greenery. So, I’ve been buying boxwood hedges and topiaries for over 20 years, long before the recent trends. I love designing centerpieces with two heights having 50% of the tables with a very tall centerpiece and the other 50% with a lower floral arrangement or a non-floral centerpiece such as floating candles, candle stems or lanterns. Rustic Americana is super easy because of the materials I have collected for Ampa over the years. Equally, dreamy programs with massive amounts of sheer drape, specialty tables, bars and furniture are exciting for me.

It is hard for me to identify one specialty. After all, as the owner of Ampa Events, I am the primary buyer and designer/fabricator of just about everything in our inventory. All of our inventory and the hundreds of motifs designed over the past three decades are special to me. So, part of my specialty is as a Instant source of creative ideas in a myriad of designs and styles.

Lighting is a passion. I have designed with every theatrical fixture and I know them all intimately – their use, the type and texture of lighting they emit and the proper application of each fixture. The right fixture is oh so important! Lighting is transformative. I have used it to bring forward a color scheme or monochromatically in a soft illuminating color palette for appropriate levels of lighting to dine and celebrate.

When it comes to design periods, I am especially fond of the Art Deco movement in architecture and impressionist artists although as I age I have a newfound appreciation for renaissance art. Being well traveled internationally as well as having an education strong in a liberal arts foundation, a degree in pharmacy and subsequent work in business school studying finance, accounting and marketing, I like to think I bring a truly well-rounded, worldly, approached a client.

Fun Facts about Ted:

• I am a pharmacist! Many ask how I got into events? I was involved in creative projects before school. As for sciences, I blew up my parents basement with my chemistry set. See! Chemistry is creative, too!
  • Love gardening – hate weeds
  • Love cooking. Stephanie, my wonderful wife, jokingly boasts: “…you won me with you cooking and now that we are married, you forgot how to cook!”
  • Favorite drink: Southern Sweet Tea with plenty of fresh lemon
  • Favorite cocktail: Jim Beam on the Rocks for Fall and Winter; Piña coladas and refreshing tropical drinks for Spring and Summer
  • With meals – properly paired wines
  • Favorite desserts – tiramisu and crème brûlée (How can you have just one favorite dessert?)
  • Love, Love Coffee – especially coffee with chicory, cream and sugar
  • Favorite listening music: Jazz classics, New Orleans Jazz, Blues
  • Favorite dance music: Love to dance and to everything from swing & rock to the Commodores, Etta James, B-52s, Beyonce and OutKast….
  • Raise in Richmond, VA I was taught and conduct myself as a southern gentleman – proper, and a bit formal with respect for traditions
  • Love swimming, hiking, the outdoors, the beach – boogie boarding & building sand castles with my kids!
+ More Details
- Less Details
Leslie Amason

Leslie Amason

Sr. Event Designer

A wedding….one of the most important days in every love story. The next step of the journey that a couple is about to take should be unique to the two of them. As a Designer/Planner, I can help create a wedding that will reflect this uniqueness. Whether a wedding is to take place in a Cathedral, Temple, barn, or a field, I create the romantic magic that continues to shape the love story. My forte is in the DETAILS, right up to the last moment!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Enchanting Events by Erica Wedding Planners

As an Event & Wedding Planner, it's always great to be connected to wonderful service providers. I highly recommend Ampa Events. They have fantastic customer service. Their inventory is impressive and will surely bring any theme to life.

• Dr. J's Shoes, Bridal Shoes and Accessories Wedding Dresses

Ampa Events are like the fairy godmother in Cinderella they can turn bad spaces into beautiful ones. I am happy to give my endorsement

• 6701 Janway Rd Richmond, VA, 23228 See on map
    804-552-6120 (Phone number)
    8:30am to 5:30pm M-F and by appointment
    Location of (Ampa Events)