Chicago, Chicago, IL 60701 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,200
Availability Check your date

About Allie Appel Photography

unposed, organic, relaxed

These three words embody the spirit that I bring to every wedding I have the privilege of capturing. Offbeat couples who cast traditional to the side, pave their own course and are seeking something different from their wedding photographer. Your wedding day is the beginning of the greatest adventure of your life: your wedding photography should reflect that sentiment in every way.

about me

education + experience

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in photography from Louisiana State University where I completed my thesis, (TRANS)CEND. My background is in editorial photography and I've worked for magazines for three years covering food, style and hard news. I decided to make the switch to wedding photography in the summer of 2017. I really enjoy getting to know every couple and having the privilege of capturing one of the most important occasions of their lives.

bio

I am from New Orleans, Louisiana and moved to Chicago in May 2017. My earliest experience in photography began when I was thirteen and throughout high school, my favorite thing was to wander the French Quarter approaching strangers for their story and a portrait. I have a four year old son, Liam, who is the joy of my life. I love all animals, but am definitely a dog person having two rescue dogs, Meeko and Cinnamon. I am getting married in 2019 to my other half, Victor, so it's been very interesting being on the other side of wedding planning as a client instead of a vendor.

LOVE IS LOVE

the weddings of all couples regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression are embraced and welcomed here

Follow Allie Appel Photography on

5 Reviews for Allie Appel Photography

• Michael

Michael Keefer · Getting married on 06/07/2020

Great experience!

My fiance and I used Allie for our engagement photos in Chicago and could not have asked for a better experience. Allie was so fun to work with and made us feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole engagement session. We felt like we really connected with Allie's personality, and she was so easy to work with which made our session super fun and relaxed! We would recommend Allie to any other couples looking for a natural and quality experience with a photographer.

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Cari

Cari Harris-Meixner · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding Photos of Our Dreams

My wife and I worked with Allie for our wedding. We found her on Instagram and could not be happier with our experience. As an LGBTQ couple, we were nervous about finding wedding vendors who could help give us the wedding we imagined, but Allie did all of that and more. Her kind spirit shines through and she is the most game photographer. My wife and I did not necessarily know what we wanted for both our engagement or wedding photos and it felt like we dragged Allie all around the city! But the entire time she was so excited and took absolutely beautiful images everywhere we went.

All our photos look like us, not awkward or staged. Allie captured us and our love. She is a friend, an artist, and a true joy to work with.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Laney · Married on 04/22/2017

Allie Appel is 100% the best photographer I've ever worked with. She took my engagement photos and will be taking my wedding photos in the spring!

Allie was helpful from the moment she agreed to do the shoot. Offering suggestions, asking for input, etc. She even calmed my nerves many times in the days leading up to it! With me being overly neurotic, she was a godsend.

During the shoot, Allie had an infectious smile on her face the whole time. You can't help but to be relaxed and comfortable with her enthusiasm bubbling from behind the camera. Anyone can tell she absolutely loves her job!

My nerves were rapidly quelled once we began. She made me feel like a straight up GODDESS. I don't think I've ever felt as pretty as when she was photographing my fiance and me. I was able to be myself and still step out of my comfort zone. All thanks to Allie.

I can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Allie Appel Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Save the Date

• Persephone Floral Atelier
    Persephone Floral Atelier Wedding Florists

Allie is your girl for artistic photos that capture the beauty and spirit of a couple. She has a talent for capturing real emotion and tender moments. Shes also a really nice person, unpretentious, yet so incredibly talented. She will be the best investment you make at you wedding.

• Chicago Chicago, IL, 60701 See on map
    469-236-9191 (Phone number)
    985-285-8466 (Other Phone Number)