Alisa Tongg

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,900 Typical Price

Congratulations on your engagement!

One of the first questions I ask my couples is "Why did you hire me?" While each couple has their own expectations and family dynamics to navigate, the answer to this question tends to be, surprisingly, similar for all my couples.
All of my couples, no matter their age or background, can't imagine themselves "just going through the motions" and saying "I do" in a cookie-cutter ceremony. Instead, they say it's important that their "love story give context to all that is said and done throughout their wedding." "We wanted something personal and memorable, something unique to us. We want our ceremony to be about us. Something that shows our guests how much love we have for each other."

Often, couples feel that "a standard religious ceremony would not adequately express their unique relationship and hopes for the future." They want their wedding ceremony to be about them and not a particular religion. Alternatively, many of my couples come from different faith and/or cultural traditions, and they want to "weave important themes and elements from their heritage into a broader story that celebrates them as a couple."

Without a doubt, all of my couples feel that the ceremony is the most important part of the wedding day, "the reason why all our friends and family are coming together" They want their ceremony to create an "experience that makes a lasting impression on everyone in attendance." They want their guests "to have a great time", "to be included", to feel "the warmth, love and spiritual nature of their commitment." They want their guests "to leave the ceremony feeling inspired and with big smiles on their faces."

If this also resonates with you, please visit my website www.alisatonggcelebrant.com to learn more about how I create wedding ceremonies from scratch and perform them for couples who want an inspired, distinct story to be the centerpiece of their wedding. My goal is always to create authentic ceremonies that transform routine into inspired.
Lots of Love,
Alisa

• Asian-owned
  • Native American-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$1,900

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$1,500

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

AL
WA
WV
WI
WY

What languages do you speak?

English

• Ali
    Ali L. Married on 05/15/2022

Easy, Dreamy, Magical Experience

Promise Ridge is a venue like no other; it was completely beyond anything that I had imagined it to be. Alisa is truly talented in what she does, from gardening to hosting to officiating - everything was perfect. Alisa and her team made the whole day go so smooth, my husband and I didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. They managed and kept us updated on timing, and were so professional and pleasant to work with. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We're so grateful that Alisa welcomed us and our family/friends to her home for this experience.
  • Sean
    Sean S. Married on 05/07/2022

Amazing Celebrant!

Alisa was amazing from the very start. Thorough in explaining the process and easy to work with. She made our ceremony very personal to our story of how we met and the love we share. Quick and easy rehearsal to calm our nerves as well. We had a number of people come up to us and say it was the best wedding ever partly in due to the ceremony by Alisa. My uncle even said it and he had just finished his daughters wedding :). Would highly recommend Alisa and will definitely be recommending her to other engaged couples we know.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

113 photos · 06/11/2020
  • Mandy & Shane
    83 photos · 08/10/2019

Bluebird Brides Bluebird Brides Wedding Hair & Makeup

What CANT I say about Alisa!!! She is such a warm, fun, and kind spirit, working with her is such a joy! She really takes great care in getting to know her couples and all of the sweet details about their love story, and in making sure their elopement or wedding day is a special moment for them and their family's to share in together. She is a true professional and oh so personable.

Lois Heckman, Celebrant Lois Heckman, Celebrant Wedding Officiants

Alisa Tongg is a extremely intelligent and insightful celebrant. If you are looking for someone of the highest caliber she is the perfect choice.

Laura Billingham Photography Laura Billingham Photography Wedding Photographers

To meet Alisa is to gain a warm and creative spirit as a friend! She helps couples craft meaningful, authentic ceremonies that capture the essence of each love story. She is a wonderful officiant!

hickory circle Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, 18360
Location of (Alisa Tongg)

Other vendors in Scranton for your wedding