Alisa Tongg Reviews

187 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

• Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 03/13/2021

A True Dream Come True

On Sunday Nov. 1, 2020 my now husband and I got married at Promise Ridge. Alisa Tongg made the process extremely easy and was very quick to respond to any questions we had. From the first time we talked we had an instant connection to her and she reassured us that even during a pandemic, we will have a beautiful ceremony. Alisa was in depth and organized with everything leading up to the actual ceremony. The morning of the wedding it was raining and I received a message saying that our ceremony would be under the pavilion. She sent us videos of other ceremonies under the pavilion and reassured us that our ceremony would be perfect no matter the weather. My husband and I never saw the venue before the ceremony in person, but seeing pictures online we knew it was going to be even more stunning in person. We had friends and family watch via facebook live during the ceremony and they all raved about how beautiful the views were and that it was a complete vibe.

Without Alisa this day would not have been everything we dreamed of. We are forever grateful for her and she will always have a special place in our hearts. We are now forever friends!

Sent on 11/05/2020

Ali G. · Married on 02/27/2021

Alisa Tongg

Alisa was such a wonderful person to work with! She is very thorough and she tell YOUR story. All night we were told how beautiful our ceremony was and how amazing Alisa was.

We are very thankful to have shared our special day with her! I would recommend her a thousand times over!

Love Mrs and Mr Cloran! ❤️

Sent on 02/28/2021

Jennifer S. · Married on 11/07/2020

Incredible

November 7th, my husband and I got married by Alisa Tongg at Promise Ridge. Alisa is an extraordinary human and her energy is so contagious. From the first moment of contact to the final moment of contact, Alisa is warm and responsive, a calming presence. Promise Ridge is breathtaking, the pictures do not do it justice, as soon I walked in, I was blown away. A beautiful celebrant and a beautiful venue. Alisa made this day everything I dreamed and more and I will forever be grateful for that.

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Married on 10/28/2020

Sheer perfection

On October 28th, my husband and I eloped at Alisa's property, Promise Ridge. It was everything we could have ever hoped for and MORE! Alisa made our experience so seamless and meaningful. Her words formed such a special ceremony, we couldn't have fathomed how personal and gorgeous her ceremony would be. It was just sheer perfection. Don't hesitate to hire her for a second. She will exceed every expectation and make your ceremony everything you ever dreamed & more!

Sent on 11/24/2020
  • Suzanne

Suzanne H. · Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely perfect

Alisa was amazing for our wedding. She was the kindest person and made a beautiful, personal ceremony for us. I don’t think there was a dry eye during our ceremony. I highly recommend her, she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/16/2020

Truly magical!

I don't even know where to begin! From start to finish Alisa was fabulous! From the beginning of the process, Alisa was there to answer any questions promptly and guide us on the entire process making us feel totally comfortable with everything.
    On the day of our wedding it rained, Alisa called us the morning of to discuss 3 different options of where to have the ceremony given the weather conditions. She immediately made us feel at ease with whatever option we chose and assured us it would be a beautiful turnout regardless of anything . We chose to have our ceremony moved under the paviliion and it was the most beautifully staged ceremony space we have ever seen. The views were absolutely breathtaking!
    Our ceremony was one of of kind, created specifically for my husband and I. It felt as if Alisa had been a close friend for years and was able to deliver our story in the most beautiful way.
    Alisa is truly gifted as what she does. Her soul is beautiful and energy is absolutely radiant!
    Our experience at promise ridge was dreamlike and seemed as if it were a fairytale come to life. We will forever be grateful to Alisa for giving us the most beautiful day and a new appreciation for rainy days!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Kristy S. · Married on 10/13/2020

Personal and Professional

My now-husband and I contacted Alisa at the end of May this past year for an October wedding at Promise Ridge. From the beginning, she was prompt and professional with her responses, and she also gave us a few other suggestions for options for a ceremony space. Our ceremony was last week with 16 guests and everyone said it was such a personal and lovely ceremony. One called it "unbearably adorable and absolutely beautiful." My cousin was surprised we didn't know her beforehand! Alisa was able to zero in on what made our relationship special, and we also got a written copy of the whole ceremony the next day. I can't recommend her highly enough. As far as Promise Ridge, the location is beautiful and perfect for a very small wedding.

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 10/03/2020

Beyond Our Wildest Dreams

I cannot say enough good things about Alisa. Unbelievably amazing. Alisa's ceremony was incredible in every way and portrayed us perfectly as a couple and as individuals. It was as if she has known us our whole lives. Beyond our wildest dreams, it still doesn't feel real! She was able to capture our love in a way we could have never imagined. It was thoughtful, in depth, creative, unique, heartfelt, and simply beautiful. Everyone was sobbing, including us! Absolutely worth every penny if an intimate, personal ceremony is important to you and if you want a truly unforgettable day. She was so professional to work with and took the stress and headache away from us so that we could enjoy the day. She took care of everything & it was such a relief knowing we were in such good hands and could trust her with the most important day of our lives. Not only was her ceremony spectacular, but her property, Promise Ridge, where she holds micro-weddings is breath taking. Pictures don't do it justice. 10/10 HIGHLY recommend!!!! Thank you Alisa!!!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Emily

Emily M. · Married on 10/02/2020

The warmest presence to guide us in to marriage

You should hire Alisa. These rave 5-star reviews are here for a reason. Alisa is the gold standard for intensely personalized, non-denominational ceremonies. All 20 of the guests (husband and I included) raved about her for days following our microwedding at Promise Ridge. She immediately put all of us at ease and clearly explained every step of the event - a necessity when you are having a rehearsal-less wedding. Her voice is somehow both calming AND enthusiastic. We wanted a ceremony that was not religious but still gave a deep reverence for the commitment we were about to share, and she delivered. I cannot possibly picture a different or better ceremony for the two of us. We adore you, Alisa, and whenever you start your second career reading audiobooks I will listen to every one! :)

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Leena

Leena · Married on 04/26/2020

Magical and Surreal

I got married on Oct 18 2020 at Promise Ridge. All I can say is Alisa is gifted and the venue is breathtakingly beautiful. When I first found Alisa Tong, I was certain that she should do my ceremony and I just couldn't take my mind off of the beautiful location. She is very king and accommodated my marriage within the time frame I wanted even though she has a major wedding right after ours. Words can't describe how I feel about my wedding.Couldn't be any more perfect. She made the most important and memorable day of my life a huge success. She made sure that everything was flawless. To sum it up in few words, I would say Magical, Dreamy, Flawless and everything you want and beyond. She is truly gifted and I'm forever thankful to her.

Sent on 10/20/2020

Megan S. · Married on 10/20/2019

10/10 would recommend

I knew as soon as I saw some testimonials of Alisa's work that we needed to hire her and I'm so glad we did. She was able to take our responses to her questionnaire and craft a wedding ceremony that was unique and tailored to our relationship. On our actual wedding day, Alisa calmed our nerves and was helpful in assisting with changes in the ceremony as poor weather caused us to move ceremony location. On top of that, she snapped a few great candid shots of us that day, too!

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Maria

Maria I. · Married on 10/12/2019

The most inspiring and captivating celebrant!

Wow! What an incredible journey it has been working with Alisa Tongg! She is truly a remarkably talented officiant. She is so well spoken, so moving, so inspirational and most of all really captures the essence of what a wedding ceremony should be! We have received so many compliments on Alisa’s work and how it was the best wedding ceremony anyone has ever been a part of! We cannot thank you enough for such an incredible experience! The ceremony was truly the most touching and sweetest part of the whole day!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Kait

Kait O. · Married on 06/12/2019

Simply the best

I wish I could give Alisa ten stars. My husband Connor and I first met Alisa when she performed Connor's cousin's wedding ceremony. It was the most beautiful, personal wedding ceremony that I had ever witnessed, and I knew instantly that I wanted Alisa to marry us as well. Alisa was so supportive throughout the entire process, always ready to answer questions and even offered examples of vows to help us write them. The day of the wedding, she was so kind and attentive; she met our families, took beautiful pictures of my husband and me, and made our day so special. It felt like we had known her for years. A friend told me that he "had never been to a wedding where the ceremony was the main event," and that's exactly what we wanted: to make celebrating our love story the central part of the day. Alisa made our day perfect and we are so glad that we chose her to celebrate our marriage with us!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda S. · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing, Beautiful, Perfect Ceremony!

I'm not sure where to even begin - Alisa is amazing! I'm so very happy that we had the honor to have Alisa as our celebrant for our wedding ceremony. The ceremony that she put together for us was so beautiful and real. She has a way with words and a fantastic way with storytelling. Our entire ceremony, from the ring blessing to the wine ceremony to our vows - everything was so personal and perfect to us. Not only did we love hearing our story in such an awesome way, but our guests said the same thing. There were actually some parts of our story that our families were hearing for the first time (like for the fact that my crush for my now husband has gone on since high school) and I thought that was so great.

If you're looking for an amazing celebrant that will tell your story (and maybe cause a few happy tears) - reach out to Alisa. I'm so glad she was a part of our day and would relive it all over again if I could.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Alison

Alison R. · Married on 05/10/2019

Celebrant Extraordinaire!

Alisa Tongg is simply the best of the best. One of the first decisions of our wedding planning journey was that my husband and I really wanted to have a ceremony that reflected us as individuals and as a couple. Alisa delivered that and more.
    Our ceremony was emotional, personal and beautifully preformed and written. Our guests will not stop talking about how wonderful it was, and there was not a dry eye!
    Alisa is also a pleasure to work with. Not only did she write the best ceremony, but she worked very closely with both of us and really got to know who we are. She helped both of us write our vows and offered guidance when we got stuck. Not to mention she was SO sweet and supportive, even when this bride was nervous about crying during her vows!
    Alisa is everything you could want in a celebrant. She made our ceremony the highlight of our wedding day.
    Thank you Alisa!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Heather

Heather K. · Married on 04/26/2019

one million stars!!

It's been 1.5 months since our ceremony and guests are still raving over our ceremony. We have received endless compliments from friends and family on how much they enjoyed our ceremony. Alisa was an absolute dream to work with. From our first conversation she felt like an old friend and now months later feels like a true friend! She worked with us to craft a perfect ceremony that captured all the feelings and emotions we wanted to portray. She told our love story perfectly and helped us find special was to incorporate and honor our loved ones. We will never be able to thank her enough for the beautiful gift of her words. She was also a great help on the wedding day to help everything run smoothly. Amazing experience!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Gary

Gary F. · Married on 04/05/2019

Simple amazing

Honestly, There are no words to accurately describe just how amazing Alisa was at our wedding. She was wonderful to work with and her monologue truly captured our personalities. We wanted a nondenominational speech that was inclusive of all of our guests, as well as portray how light-hearted and nerdy we both are. Alisa conveyed all of this succinctly and eloquently and everyone absolutely loved being part of it. We have heard again and again from our guests just how much they loved the ceremony!

Alisa offered a truly unique and memorable experience for not just me and my wife, but for everyone in attendance! Simply amazing. I'd leave 10 stars if I could. Thank you, Alisa. The Force will be with you, always.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 03/08/2019

Breathtaking Storyteller

If you're looking for a breathtaking ceremony that is filled of love and laughter for everyone, you MUST hire and work with Alisa Tongg. Don't walk... RUN.

We are not even sure where to start with this review because we can never find the right words to describe how magical our experience with Alisa was from start to finish.

My sister actually hired Alisa for her wedding in October of 2017 and we knew from the moment her ceremony ended that we had to work with her for our own wedding. Alisa makes the ceremony the highlight of your big day be truly sharing your love story in such a unique way that even our guests were laughing crying, cheering, and riding the rollercoaster of emotions that a typical love story takes you on.

At the beginning of the process, we were so nervous about our ceremony because we didn't want it to be boring or not feel like us. We wanted our ceremony to highlight our love story, showcase how we've grown as a couple over 12 years, and even include our family. We expressed this to Alisa from our first conversation and throughout the planning process she helped us pick out readings and a unity ritual to really create a unique ceremony for us.

Being in a relationship for over 11 years, we knew that we didn't do it on our own and we expressed to Alisa that our families were a huge part of our relationship and who we are as a couple. We let her know that we wanted our ceremony to highlight family that was no longer with us but also our family and friends that helped us grow throughout the years as a couple. That said, she incorporated a beautiful quote, highlighting our family in heaven and how their relationships and love taught us so much about how to love and be in our own relationship.

Furthermore, she always helped us decide on a ring blessing with our parents and bridal party. We were SO weary about this at first because we never seen it done and we didn't really know what it entailed but we are SOOOOO happy that we did it! Essentially, she asked that our family pass around our wedding bands and infuse it with their love and wishes for us as a married couple. Now our wedding bands are blessed by each family member (and our closest friends) that we wear daily... it gives us chills just thinking about it!

I can go on and on about our ceremony and wonderful experience with Alisa. But truly, she is such a joy to work with. Very professional and really becomes a part of your family. Our guests were blown away by the ceremony and even mention to this day how it was a highlight.

All in all, Alisa made our wedding ceremony breathtaking. We love her so much and cannot wait to plan a vow renewal with her!

Love always,
    Frank and Alexa

Sent on 04/26/2019

Hana · Married on 02/23/2019

Incredible Personal Ceremony

When my husband and I began the wedding planning process, we knew we wanted to have a personal ceremony that somehow combined our two different cultures (Indian + Jewish), but we weren’t sure what that really meant, or how it would come together.

We feel extremely lucky that we found Alisa :) She truly listened to our story, style, and our hopes for the ceremony. With her incredible expertise, she was able to create a ceremony with pieces from both cultures, tell our story thoughtfully and in a moving way, and added in elements that made our wedding guests feel included/integral parts of our marriage ceremony.

Alisa not only created a beautiful ceremony, but she also walked our bridal party and family through a rehearsal before the actual event, led the ketubah signing with our witnesses and family, and also picked up our marriage license for us when a snow storm caused last minute chaos. After the wedding, we received an email with photos and video that she captured throughout the day that we were immediately able to share with our friends and family.

We have not stopped getting compliments and praises about our ceremony! Every single person has said that our officiant was incredible, and that the ceremony truly felt like “us”, blending both cultures seamlessly. We cannot thank Alisa enough for all of her help and amazing work. She was incredibly easy to work with, and really went above and beyond—our wedding would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Maegan W. · Married on 01/12/2019

AMAZING addition to our Wedding Day

To say that Alisa was an amazing addition to our wedding day is truly an understatement. When my husband and I were discussing who we wanted to marry us and what we wanted our ceremony to look like, we knew we wanted it to be a story of our life together. Anyone can say that they went to a wedding to watch two people in love marry one another, not many can say they understand why those two people chose to marry one another. Our love story is far from ordinary, and who better to tell that story than Alisa. To start, we had the opportunity to meet with Alisa at her house - which was beyond inviting. Although we had never met, she already felt like a friend. After chatting for hours, we were so excited to see what she came up with for our ceremony draft – and she did not disappoint. Our ceremony was better than we dreamed. We had guests tell us that it was a beautiful depiction of our story and that it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they have ever attended. Guests were in awe over our ring blessing and how it made each and every one of them feel like they were a part of our ceremony. Alisa did not just show up for the ceremony though, she went out of her way to help capture some of our favorite moments, even teaching my husband how to dip me for a perfect photo-op. Alisa was an absolute pleasure to work with and I could not imagine getting married without her being a part of it. I am so grateful that we chose her to tell our story XO

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 12/01/2018

Our love story came to life!

My husband and I were married at Promise Ride on October 24th. I had contacted Alisa after our Plan A wedding turned into Plan B amid the pandemic. In my initial conversation with Alisa as I explained our need to nix our plans of a traditional 125-guest wedding, I instantly felt a sense of comfort and knew we were making the right decision to work with her, not only as our celebrant but as venue host for our micro wedding at Promise Ridge. The thought of getting married in someone’s backyard at first sounded intimidating and I was concerned it wouldn’t hold as much grandeur as our original vision. However, I promise you Alisa’s venue space is beyond anything you could imagine. As soon as you walk through the arbor your heart will skip a beat as you’re instantly swept off to a dream land. Every detail is considered, the personal touches are stunning, and the backdrop of the mountains is picture-perfect.

Alisa’s ceremony was pure magic. She perfectly depicted our love story and delivered a truly heartfelt and engaging ceremony for us and our 17 wedding guests that hit every emotion – she brought my 10-year old stepdaughter to (happy) tears. Alisa’s unique approach is incomparable and she embraced our need to host a virtual streaming component of our ceremony for my husband’s family in Canada, incorporating this seamlessly.

As I reflect on our experience and wedding day, I’m left feeling as if I’ve been friends with Alisa for years, when in actuality I’ve spent 3 hours with her. Her personalized style and gentle demeanor made us feel as if we were the only couple she was working with, knowing full well she is busy managing celebrations for many others. In the end, Alisa gave us the best gift - the ability to spend our wedding day genuinely in the moment enjoying love while she took care of the rest. This has been a truly unique year for weddings and as a result we thought we weren’t going to be able to have our dream wedding. However, I can confidently say Alisa and her venue gave us an even better dream wedding, one we never could have imagined on our own.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Paulina · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Ceremony

My husband and I definitely wanted a memorable ceremony and Alisa delivered and beyond! She made the process so easy going and when we met her it felt like we've known her for ages. She made everyone feel really comfortable and guided my husband and I through the process to make sure everything went smoothly. After our ceremony every single person might have came up to us and said "where did you find her" and "how does she know you guys so well to tell our story so perfectly" Anyways Alisa did an amazing job and made it feel so much more special. She is worth every penny!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Christopher

Christopher L. · Married on 10/26/2018

Don't think about it- hire Alisa!

I'll keep this short, in hopes to attract more attention!
    There are so many choices and decisions to make on such an important special day. Let this be an easy one, Alisa Tongg for your celebrant! No one will snooze or complain of the service and it'll be perfectly delivered of your two's story to your guests. Made me cry from joy- when you can't find the right words to express how much you love one another- Alisa will be the one to tell the tale to your family and friends for you!
    Through life you come across some people and you think- wow, they found their career- their passion! Alisa is on the top of the list of examples!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely beautiful custom ceremony!

All I can say is, "WOW"! Alisa gave us everything that we wanted out of a ceremony. While my now husband and I aren't particularly religious, there were things that my Jewish mother wanted to include, and his Catholic mother wanted, as well. She was able to truly create a custom ceremony that included every possible element we wanted. From getting married under a chuppah and providing its explanation, to the "passing of the peace," and breaking the glass, we covered all bases that were important to both us, and our parents.

Besides that, she perfectly illustrated our love story to our guests. People were coming up to us after the ceremony, some distant relatives who may not have known exactly how my husband and I met, explained to us that it was so exciting to hear our love story, how we met, the proposal story and the journey along the way to the wedding day. I loved that our love for each other and our family was perfectly described to everyone in attendance.

We met Alisa for the very first time ON THE WEDDING DAY. That was slightly nerve-wracking for me leading up to the wedding, but honestly the planning process couldn't have been any smoother. When we did finally meet her before the ceremony, it was as if we'd known her for years.

On behalf of my husband and I, we'd like to thank Alisa for a beautiful ceremony. We would absolutely recommend her over and over again!!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2018

When I say I don't know where to begin, I mean it. Our favorite part about the whole ceremony experience starts from when we first met Alisa at her home. We were greeted by her adorable pup Ulysses, and a warm hug. We got to spend hours chatting about our struggles and triumphs, something we never expected. It was so easy to open up as if we were with a long time friend. She even pulled off a llama shaped ornament off of her tree for us when she found out we were engaged in Peru! Talk about thoughtful! She is also the reason we have a new found love for Sumo oranges! From what she learned about us, she wrote the most beautiful ceremony that really showed the guests our love and relationship. Everything was smooth and thorough and she really put us at ease. I honestly cannot count how many times Alisa came up in conversation throughout the night and what an incredible job she did at telling our story. This is an experience we will never forget, all thanks to her. The icing on the cake is her candid photography skills that she immediately sent over to us! You were meant for this Alisa! Love, Rachel & Steve

Sent on 10/10/2018