Alisa Tongg Reviews

Alisa Tongg 6
Alisa Tongg 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Shellenberger · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing, Beautiful, Perfect Ceremony!

I'm not sure where to even begin - Alisa is amazing! I'm so very happy that we had the honor to have Alisa as our celebrant for our wedding ceremony. The ceremony that she put together for us was so beautiful and real. She has a way with words and a fantastic way with storytelling. Our entire ceremony, from the ring blessing to the wine ceremony to our vows - everything was so personal and perfect to us. Not only did we love hearing our story in such an awesome way, but our guests said the same thing. There were actually some parts of our story that our families were hearing for the first time (like for the fact that my crush for my now husband has gone on since high school) and I thought that was so great.

If you're looking for an amazing celebrant that will tell your story (and maybe cause a few happy tears) - reach out to Alisa. I'm so glad she was a part of our day and would relive it all over again if I could.

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Alisa Tongg 8
  • Heather

Heather Kaczynski · Married on 04/26/2019

one million stars!!

It's been 1.5 months since our ceremony and guests are still raving over our ceremony. We have received endless compliments from friends and family on how much they enjoyed our ceremony. Alisa was an absolute dream to work with. From our first conversation she felt like an old friend and now months later feels like a true friend! She worked with us to craft a perfect ceremony that captured all the feelings and emotions we wanted to portray. She told our love story perfectly and helped us find special was to incorporate and honor our loved ones. We will never be able to thank her enough for the beautiful gift of her words. She was also a great help on the wedding day to help everything run smoothly. Amazing experience!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Alisa Tongg 13
  • Gary

Gary Frenkel · Married on 04/05/2019

Simple amazing

Honestly, There are no words to accurately describe just how amazing Alisa was at our wedding. She was wonderful to work with and her monologue truly captured our personalities. We wanted a nondenominational speech that was inclusive of all of our guests, as well as portray how light-hearted and nerdy we both are. Alisa conveyed all of this succinctly and eloquently and everyone absolutely loved being part of it. We have heard again and again from our guests just how much they loved the ceremony!

Alisa offered a truly unique and memorable experience for not just me and my wife, but for everyone in attendance! Simply amazing. I'd leave 10 stars if I could. Thank you, Alisa. The Force will be with you, always.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Alisa Tongg 14
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 03/08/2019

Breathtaking Storyteller

If you're looking for a breathtaking ceremony that is filled of love and laughter for everyone, you MUST hire and work with Alisa Tongg. Don't walk... RUN.

We are not even sure where to start with this review because we can never find the right words to describe how magical our experience with Alisa was from start to finish.

My sister actually hired Alisa for her wedding in October of 2017 and we knew from the moment her ceremony ended that we had to work with her for our own wedding. Alisa makes the ceremony the highlight of your big day be truly sharing your love story in such a unique way that even our guests were laughing crying, cheering, and riding the rollercoaster of emotions that a typical love story takes you on.

At the beginning of the process, we were so nervous about our ceremony because we didn't want it to be boring or not feel like us. We wanted our ceremony to highlight our love story, showcase how we've grown as a couple over 12 years, and even include our family. We expressed this to Alisa from our first conversation and throughout the planning process she helped us pick out readings and a unity ritual to really create a unique ceremony for us.

Being in a relationship for over 11 years, we knew that we didn't do it on our own and we expressed to Alisa that our families were a huge part of our relationship and who we are as a couple. We let her know that we wanted our ceremony to highlight family that was no longer with us but also our family and friends that helped us grow throughout the years as a couple. That said, she incorporated a beautiful quote, highlighting our family in heaven and how their relationships and love taught us so much about how to love and be in our own relationship.

Furthermore, she always helped us decide on a ring blessing with our parents and bridal party. We were SO weary about this at first because we never seen it done and we didn't really know what it entailed but we are SOOOOO happy that we did it! Essentially, she asked that our family pass around our wedding bands and infuse it with their love and wishes for us as a married couple. Now our wedding bands are blessed by each family member (and our closest friends) that we wear daily... it gives us chills just thinking about it!

I can go on and on about our ceremony and wonderful experience with Alisa. But truly, she is such a joy to work with. Very professional and really becomes a part of your family. Our guests were blown away by the ceremony and even mention to this day how it was a highlight.

All in all, Alisa made our wedding ceremony breathtaking. We love her so much and cannot wait to plan a vow renewal with her!

Love always,

Alisa Tongg 19
    Alisa Tongg 20

Hana · Married on 02/23/2019

Incredible Personal Ceremony

When my husband and I began the wedding planning process, we knew we wanted to have a personal ceremony that somehow combined our two different cultures (Indian + Jewish), but we weren’t sure what that really meant, or how it would come together.

We feel extremely lucky that we found Alisa :) She truly listened to our story, style, and our hopes for the ceremony. With her incredible expertise, she was able to create a ceremony with pieces from both cultures, tell our story thoughtfully and in a moving way, and added in elements that made our wedding guests feel included/integral parts of our marriage ceremony.

Alisa not only created a beautiful ceremony, but she also walked our bridal party and family through a rehearsal before the actual event, led the ketubah signing with our witnesses and family, and also picked up our marriage license for us when a snow storm caused last minute chaos. After the wedding, we received an email with photos and video that she captured throughout the day that we were immediately able to share with our friends and family.

We have not stopped getting compliments and praises about our ceremony! Every single person has said that our officiant was incredible, and that the ceremony truly felt like “us”, blending both cultures seamlessly. We cannot thank Alisa enough for all of her help and amazing work. She was incredibly easy to work with, and really went above and beyond—our wedding would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Maegan Wells · Married on 01/12/2019

AMAZING addition to our Wedding Day

To say that Alisa was an amazing addition to our wedding day is truly an understatement. When my husband and I were discussing who we wanted to marry us and what we wanted our ceremony to look like, we knew we wanted it to be a story of our life together. Anyone can say that they went to a wedding to watch two people in love marry one another, not many can say they understand why those two people chose to marry one another. Our love story is far from ordinary, and who better to tell that story than Alisa. To start, we had the opportunity to meet with Alisa at her house - which was beyond inviting. Although we had never met, she already felt like a friend. After chatting for hours, we were so excited to see what she came up with for our ceremony draft – and she did not disappoint. Our ceremony was better than we dreamed. We had guests tell us that it was a beautiful depiction of our story and that it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they have ever attended. Guests were in awe over our ring blessing and how it made each and every one of them feel like they were a part of our ceremony. Alisa did not just show up for the ceremony though, she went out of her way to help capture some of our favorite moments, even teaching my husband how to dip me for a perfect photo-op. Alisa was an absolute pleasure to work with and I could not imagine getting married without her being a part of it. I am so grateful that we chose her to tell our story XO

Sent on 02/27/2019
    Alisa Tongg 21
    Alisa Tongg 22

Paulina · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Ceremony

My husband and I definitely wanted a memorable ceremony and Alisa delivered and beyond! She made the process so easy going and when we met her it felt like we've known her for ages. She made everyone feel really comfortable and guided my husband and I through the process to make sure everything went smoothly. After our ceremony every single person might have came up to us and said "where did you find her" and "how does she know you guys so well to tell our story so perfectly" Anyways Alisa did an amazing job and made it feel so much more special. She is worth every penny!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Christopher

Christopher Lancaster · Married on 10/26/2018

Don't think about it- hire Alisa!

I'll keep this short, in hopes to attract more attention!
    There are so many choices and decisions to make on such an important special day. Let this be an easy one, Alisa Tongg for your celebrant! No one will snooze or complain of the service and it'll be perfectly delivered of your two's story to your guests. Made me cry from joy- when you can't find the right words to express how much you love one another- Alisa will be the one to tell the tale to your family and friends for you!
    Through life you come across some people and you think- wow, they found their career- their passion! Alisa is on the top of the list of examples!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely beautiful custom ceremony!

All I can say is, "WOW"! Alisa gave us everything that we wanted out of a ceremony. While my now husband and I aren't particularly religious, there were things that my Jewish mother wanted to include, and his Catholic mother wanted, as well. She was able to truly create a custom ceremony that included every possible element we wanted. From getting married under a chuppah and providing its explanation, to the "passing of the peace," and breaking the glass, we covered all bases that were important to both us, and our parents.

Besides that, she perfectly illustrated our love story to our guests. People were coming up to us after the ceremony, some distant relatives who may not have known exactly how my husband and I met, explained to us that it was so exciting to hear our love story, how we met, the proposal story and the journey along the way to the wedding day. I loved that our love for each other and our family was perfectly described to everyone in attendance.

We met Alisa for the very first time ON THE WEDDING DAY. That was slightly nerve-wracking for me leading up to the wedding, but honestly the planning process couldn't have been any smoother. When we did finally meet her before the ceremony, it was as if we'd known her for years.

On behalf of my husband and I, we'd like to thank Alisa for a beautiful ceremony. We would absolutely recommend her over and over again!!!

Alisa Tongg 23
    Alisa Tongg 24

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2018

When I say I don't know where to begin, I mean it. Our favorite part about the whole ceremony experience starts from when we first met Alisa at her home. We were greeted by her adorable pup Ulysses, and a warm hug. We got to spend hours chatting about our struggles and triumphs, something we never expected. It was so easy to open up as if we were with a long time friend. She even pulled off a llama shaped ornament off of her tree for us when she found out we were engaged in Peru! Talk about thoughtful! She is also the reason we have a new found love for Sumo oranges! From what she learned about us, she wrote the most beautiful ceremony that really showed the guests our love and relationship. Everything was smooth and thorough and she really put us at ease. I honestly cannot count how many times Alisa came up in conversation throughout the night and what an incredible job she did at telling our story. This is an experience we will never forget, all thanks to her. The icing on the cake is her candid photography skills that she immediately sent over to us! You were meant for this Alisa! Love, Rachel & Steve

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Alisa Tongg 31
  • Samantha

SAMANTHA SCOTT · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Perfect!

When looking for an officiant for our wedding, we found Alisa because of her glowing reviews. Quickly, we set up a Skype session that gave us an introduction to how warm and lovely Alisa is, as well as clear picture of everything our ceremony could be - from the vows to the traditions we could incorporate. We immediately felt comfortable and at ease with Alisa, and booked her services almost two years before our wedding date.
    As our wedding date drew closer and I read more reviews about Alisa, I was sure we would have a beautiful ceremony. As we emailed back and forth about our vows, I was impressed by the details she included and how personal it all really was. Still, I admit I was a bit cynical - I knew we'd have a great ceremony, I'd be happy with it, but would it really live up to those glowing, gushing reviews? YES! Alisa really is as amazing as all her reviews suggest. The day of our ceremony, she greeted us like family. We had a wonderful rehearsal and felt at ease with everything we'd be doing or saying. As we took pictures, Alisa ran up a muddy hill and asked if she could hop on the tractor we were posing in front of - leading to one of my favorite pictures! Alisa even volunteered to carry me on her back because the ground was muddy! When it came to our ceremony, hearing her speak our love story just brought it to life. We, and our guests, laughed and and cried and felt all the love I hoped we would feel during our ceremony. It could not have been more perfect. Our friends and family continue to comment on how beautiful our ceremony was, and how wonderful Alisa is. I'm already thinking about renewing our vows, just so we can have Alisa officiate again, this time at her gorgeous property at Promise Ridge! Alisa is amazing - our wedding day would not have been the same without her.

Alisa Tongg 32

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2018

I wish I could give 10 stars! Alisa was outstanding from day one; she is extremely responsive, professional and her positive energy is contagious. I’m 100% certain our wedding on 9/29 wouldn’t have been as special as it was without her.

It was extremely stressful for us picking a celebrant – This person is responsible for relaying your love story to the most important people in your life, whether you have 20 people or 200 people this is a difficult task. I’m happy to say even the most religious people in my life we’re raving about our ceremony and how personal, special and unique it was.

Alisa is a special person in the fact that she is doing –in my opinion- exactly what she was born to do. If you are thinking about booking her DO IT!! You wont be disappointed.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Andrew · Married on 09/22/2018

Me and my wife to be wanted to elope, but we didn't want to just do a forgettable wait in line at the courthouse and sign some papers affair. So we were at a loss as to how to make it special with just us, until we stumbled across Alisa and Promise Ridge. From the first emails we exchanged through following through with providing us with photos and making sure we were happy with everything, Alisa was amazing. She created a personalized ceremony that had us both in tears from the first minute. She truly made it a day that we gush about to everyone and look forward to telling our kids about. She even took photos for us when we couldn't find a photographer last minute, and the photos made us look like something out of a magazine! We were both so impressed with the venue, the ceremony and Alisa herself is a beautiful person inside and out. Thanks SO MUCH ALISA I can't imagine having gone anywhere else for our special day.1

Sent on 10/03/2018

Alissa · Married on 08/11/2018

Wedding planning from across the country is anything but easy. However, Alisa made the most important part, the ceremony, more than we could have ever hoped for. Alisa spent her time between the groom and I before the ceremony and made sure our nerves were as calm as they could be. The ceremony expressed the story of our relationship as though she had experienced it with us. In our receiving line following the ceremony, members of both families approached and said they had never heard such a personal, lovely ceremony. They loved the emphasis on family and the special traditions we embedded. We are forever grateful to Alisa and her beautiful words!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2018

I first need to say that Alisa is absolutely magical...and this is why...My husband and I were engaged on Thanksgiving Eve of 2017. As we entered the New Year we started discussing what we imagined our wedding to be. Although we dreamed of an intimate ceremony, our families desired a traditional wedding in a church setting. Originally, we wanted to satisfy both worlds - to elope before I started veterinary school and then have a traditional ceremony and reception the following Fall. On August 9th 2018, my husband and I drove to Promise Ridge with our siblings and closest friends. Butterflies danced around in my stomach as I was nervous of how our families would perceive the non-traditional route we chose. When we arrived, Alisa greeted us at the door and my anxiousness instantly vanished. Alisa has a comforting trait that makes you feel right at home. After our unique microwedding that perfectly captured our relationship, our families approached us with tear-filled eyes and were astonished by the amazing work Alisa had done. Everyone that attended felt that it was the most unique ceremony they were ever a part of. I was ecstatic to hear them say that we no longer should have a traditional ceremony next Fall as nothing will ever be able to replace that special night where our families were joined at Promise Ridge. Alisa - we sincerely thank you for everything you have done for us! We could never imagine our day any other way.

<3 Ashley and Josh

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Alisa Tongg 33

Ashleigh · Married on 07/10/2018

Alisa is truly amazing. My husband and I were absolutely blown away by Alisa's passion for what she does and her professionalism. We couldn't have asked for more when it came to our ceremony and would highly recommend Alisa if you're looking for a meaningful and simple wedding day. Words cannot express how amazing Alisa is or how perfect she made our day!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

Alisa went above and beyond to make us and our family comfortable with the extremely hot weather we had. Alisa is very professional, personable, and welcoming. By choosing a micro wedding we wanted a beautiful, stress free wedding day and that’s certainly what we got with Alisa. The venue is so stunning that all we had to do was show up. We knew we wanted to get married at Promise Ridge the first time we saw photos, but meeting Alisa made that decision even more reassuring. Her short and sweet ceremony was so beautiful, and included a ring blessing where our rings were passed around for our family to bless them. Her ceremony also included a beautiful remembrance to my husbands mother, who is now his guardian angel. Alisa is truly the best at what she does, and she exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 07/03/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Pugliese · Married on 06/25/2018

Just like a fairy tale!

My husband and I had decided that we wanted an intimate and stress-free wedding, as this seemed to feel more like “us”. When we discovered Promise Ridge, we knew that this was the place where we were meant be. Alisa was absolutely wonderful, she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed in planning our wedding, which was exactly what we wanted. She really gets a feel for who you are as an individual, and as a couple. She created the perfect ceremony, bringing together our own personal love story that really touched our hearts. Promise Ridge is such peaceful and magical place, and the gorgeous natural setting made our day so unique and memorable. You cannot help but pause for a moment to take in the view overlooking the mountains! Alisa was a pleasure to work with, and I cannot thank her enough for making our special day feel like a fairy tale.

Eneida · Married on 06/17/2018

We used Promise Ridge as our wedding location. The property is breathtaking, the views and intimacy complimented our day. Alisa was wonderful to work with her vibrant, open personality made us feel welcomed and relaxed. We are so happy we chose Alisa, the experience was beyond our expectations. Thank you.

Sent on 07/05/2018

caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

Alisa created the most perfect wedding ceremony, and my husband and I are so happy we chose her as our celebrant. She was very easy to work with, patient, and quick with edits and email responses. Filling out her couples questionnaire was a very cathartic process and made the whole wedding ceremony planning so much more special and meaningful. Both my husband and myself had several religious family members in attendance who had previously made passive comments about not getting married in a church or by an ordained minister etc...and these guests were the first to offer sincere compliments on how much they loved and enjoyed our wedding ceremony. Alisa has a true gift of story telling and delivery, and made our wedding ceremony so memorable and the highlight of our wedding day. One of the main reasons we wanted to work with Alisa is that she crafts the wedding ceremony around the couple and their love story. The overall amount of compliments we received about Alisa was outstanding and several guests said it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever attended. I highly recommend Alisa as celebrant for any occasion. We hope to work with her again in the future to commemorate other life milestones.

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Alisa Tongg 34

Andrea · Married on 05/24/2018

I can't say enough amazing things about Alisa. She created a ceremony and an evening that we will cherish forever. My husband and I were married on May 24th, 2018 at Promise Ridge. We wanted a small ceremony that was personal and meaningful to the two of us, as well as our families. It was everything that we could have hoped for and more.
    Alisa truly captured our personalities and created something perfectly unique to us. We are so lucky to have found her. She made our day so incredibly special.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Alice · Married on 05/18/2018

Alisa was a pleasure to work with! I have to say that I'm not "the wedding type"...I was much more interested in going to City Hall, but according to my family that wasn't an option. Alisa kept things simple, and I really got the sense that she is adaptable to many personalities, as anyone in the wedding industry must be. I would 1,0000% recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. We also got many compliments about her ceremony from our guests.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/11/2018

I cannot think of enough great things to say about Alisa! My husband and I decided to not get married in a church and we didn't want a ceremony that was not true to us. Alisa came as a recommendation from our photographer and we are so THRILLED that we picked her! From the first moment we spoke on the phone, my husband and I both immediately knew she was PERFECT to perform our ceremony. She knew exactly what we wanted in a ceremony without even asking and made sure to focus exactly what was important for us and for our big day. I received so many compliments from our guests about how much they loved our ceremony and couldn't believe that we had just met Alisa that morning for the first time! She truly makes you feel as if she has known you for her whole life! She has such a way with words that created a beautiful atmosphere and engaged all our of guests with such emotion. She is a beautiful person both inside and out and made our day so special!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/09/2018

Alisa was a delight to work with. She has a great process for information gathering from us to use in writing our personalized ceremony. She was very responsive and helpful- especially when I called 2 days before the wedding trying not to freak out about the forecasted rain. It did rain and she had a back up plan and was so helpful in making sure our evening was as special as it possibly could be. I honestly can't say enough great things about her.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/27/2018

We learned about Alisa and Promise Ridge via a NY Times article and we couldn’t be happier. After our first phone call with Alisa, we knew she was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. Alisa was very warm and calming, and talked through creative solutions for incorporating Jewish/interfaith elements into our “mini wedding.” She worked collaboratively with us to build a memorable and meaningful ceremony that told our story in the most beautiful way, even honoring my husband’s grandfather and making our daughter an integral part of the day. She’s also extremely flexible and thoughtful, from helping us deal with the surprise rain to even changing into a beautiful dress that would compliment our chosen colors. If you want an intimate, thoughtful ceremony for your big day, call Alisa. I can’t even find words for how happy we were to work with her and how beautiful Promise Ridge is. The venue was everything we could have hoped for and more beautiful than we imagined — even/especially in the rain!

Sent on 04/30/2018