Alisa Tongg, Celebrant Reviews

161 | Stroudsburg, PA

161 Reviews for Alisa Tongg, Celebrant

161 Alisa Tongg, Celebrant Reviews

Gabrielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely beautiful custom ceremony!

All I can say is, "WOW"! Alisa gave us everything that we wanted out of a ceremony. While my now husband and I aren't particularly religious, there were things that my Jewish mother wanted to include, and his Catholic mother wanted, as well. She was able to truly create a custom ceremony that included every possible element we wanted. From getting married under a chuppah and providing its explanation, to the "passing of the peace," and breaking the glass, we covered all bases that were important to both us, and our parents.

Besides that, she perfectly illustrated our love story to our guests. People were coming up to us after the ceremony, some distant relatives who may not have known exactly how my husband and I met, explained to us that it was so exciting to hear our love story, how we met, the proposal story and the journey along the way to the wedding day. I loved that our love for each other and our family was perfectly described to everyone in attendance.

We met Alisa for the very first time ON THE WEDDING DAY. That was slightly nerve-wracking for me leading up to the wedding, but honestly the planning process couldn't have been any smoother. When we did finally meet her before the ceremony, it was as if we'd known her for years.

On behalf of my husband and I, we'd like to thank Alisa for a beautiful ceremony. We would absolutely recommend her over and over again!!!

Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 1
    Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 2

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2018

When I say I don't know where to begin, I mean it. Our favorite part about the whole ceremony experience starts from when we first met Alisa at her home. We were greeted by her adorable pup Ulysses, and a warm hug. We got to spend hours chatting about our struggles and triumphs, something we never expected. It was so easy to open up as if we were with a long time friend. She even pulled off a llama shaped ornament off of her tree for us when she found out we were engaged in Peru! Talk about thoughtful! She is also the reason we have a new found love for Sumo oranges! From what she learned about us, she wrote the most beautiful ceremony that really showed the guests our love and relationship. Everything was smooth and thorough and she really put us at ease. I honestly cannot count how many times Alisa came up in conversation throughout the night and what an incredible job she did at telling our story. This is an experience we will never forget, all thanks to her. The icing on the cake is her candid photography skills that she immediately sent over to us! You were meant for this Alisa! Love, Rachel & Steve

Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 3
    Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 9
  • Samantha

SAMANTHA SCOTT · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Perfect!

When looking for an officiant for our wedding, we found Alisa because of her glowing reviews. Quickly, we set up a Skype session that gave us an introduction to how warm and lovely Alisa is, as well as clear picture of everything our ceremony could be - from the vows to the traditions we could incorporate. We immediately felt comfortable and at ease with Alisa, and booked her services almost two years before our wedding date.
    As our wedding date drew closer and I read more reviews about Alisa, I was sure we would have a beautiful ceremony. As we emailed back and forth about our vows, I was impressed by the details she included and how personal it all really was. Still, I admit I was a bit cynical - I knew we'd have a great ceremony, I'd be happy with it, but would it really live up to those glowing, gushing reviews? YES! Alisa really is as amazing as all her reviews suggest. The day of our ceremony, she greeted us like family. We had a wonderful rehearsal and felt at ease with everything we'd be doing or saying. As we took pictures, Alisa ran up a muddy hill and asked if she could hop on the tractor we were posing in front of - leading to one of my favorite pictures! Alisa even volunteered to carry me on her back because the ground was muddy! When it came to our ceremony, hearing her speak our love story just brought it to life. We, and our guests, laughed and and cried and felt all the love I hoped we would feel during our ceremony. It could not have been more perfect. Our friends and family continue to comment on how beautiful our ceremony was, and how wonderful Alisa is. I'm already thinking about renewing our vows, just so we can have Alisa officiate again, this time at her gorgeous property at Promise Ridge! Alisa is amazing - our wedding day would not have been the same without her.

Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 10

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2018

I wish I could give 10 stars! Alisa was outstanding from day one; she is extremely responsive, professional and her positive energy is contagious. I’m 100% certain our wedding on 9/29 wouldn’t have been as special as it was without her.

It was extremely stressful for us picking a celebrant – This person is responsible for relaying your love story to the most important people in your life, whether you have 20 people or 200 people this is a difficult task. I’m happy to say even the most religious people in my life we’re raving about our ceremony and how personal, special and unique it was.

Alisa is a special person in the fact that she is doing –in my opinion- exactly what she was born to do. If you are thinking about booking her DO IT!! You wont be disappointed.

Andrew · Married on 09/22/2018

Me and my wife to be wanted to elope, but we didn't want to just do a forgettable wait in line at the courthouse and sign some papers affair. So we were at a loss as to how to make it special with just us, until we stumbled across Alisa and Promise Ridge. From the first emails we exchanged through following through with providing us with photos and making sure we were happy with everything, Alisa was amazing. She created a personalized ceremony that had us both in tears from the first minute. She truly made it a day that we gush about to everyone and look forward to telling our kids about. She even took photos for us when we couldn't find a photographer last minute, and the photos made us look like something out of a magazine! We were both so impressed with the venue, the ceremony and Alisa herself is a beautiful person inside and out. Thanks SO MUCH ALISA I can't imagine having gone anywhere else for our special day.1

Alissa · Married on 08/11/2018

Wedding planning from across the country is anything but easy. However, Alisa made the most important part, the ceremony, more than we could have ever hoped for. Alisa spent her time between the groom and I before the ceremony and made sure our nerves were as calm as they could be. The ceremony expressed the story of our relationship as though she had experienced it with us. In our receiving line following the ceremony, members of both families approached and said they had never heard such a personal, lovely ceremony. They loved the emphasis on family and the special traditions we embedded. We are forever grateful to Alisa and her beautiful words!

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2018

I first need to say that Alisa is absolutely magical...and this is why...My husband and I were engaged on Thanksgiving Eve of 2017. As we entered the New Year we started discussing what we imagined our wedding to be. Although we dreamed of an intimate ceremony, our families desired a traditional wedding in a church setting. Originally, we wanted to satisfy both worlds - to elope before I started veterinary school and then have a traditional ceremony and reception the following Fall. On August 9th 2018, my husband and I drove to Promise Ridge with our siblings and closest friends. Butterflies danced around in my stomach as I was nervous of how our families would perceive the non-traditional route we chose. When we arrived, Alisa greeted us at the door and my anxiousness instantly vanished. Alisa has a comforting trait that makes you feel right at home. After our unique microwedding that perfectly captured our relationship, our families approached us with tear-filled eyes and were astonished by the amazing work Alisa had done. Everyone that attended felt that it was the most unique ceremony they were ever a part of. I was ecstatic to hear them say that we no longer should have a traditional ceremony next Fall as nothing will ever be able to replace that special night where our families were joined at Promise Ridge. Alisa - we sincerely thank you for everything you have done for us! We could never imagine our day any other way.

<3 Ashley and Josh

Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 11

Ashleigh · Married on 07/10/2018

Alisa is truly amazing. My husband and I were absolutely blown away by Alisa's passion for what she does and her professionalism. We couldn't have asked for more when it came to our ceremony and would highly recommend Alisa if you're looking for a meaningful and simple wedding day. Words cannot express how amazing Alisa is or how perfect she made our day!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

Alisa went above and beyond to make us and our family comfortable with the extremely hot weather we had. Alisa is very professional, personable, and welcoming. By choosing a micro wedding we wanted a beautiful, stress free wedding day and that’s certainly what we got with Alisa. The venue is so stunning that all we had to do was show up. We knew we wanted to get married at Promise Ridge the first time we saw photos, but meeting Alisa made that decision even more reassuring. Her short and sweet ceremony was so beautiful, and included a ring blessing where our rings were passed around for our family to bless them. Her ceremony also included a beautiful remembrance to my husbands mother, who is now his guardian angel. Alisa is truly the best at what she does, and she exceeded our expectations.

• Chelsea

Chelsea Pugliese · Married on 06/25/2018

Just like a fairy tale!

My husband and I had decided that we wanted an intimate and stress-free wedding, as this seemed to feel more like “us”. When we discovered Promise Ridge, we knew that this was the place where we were meant be. Alisa was absolutely wonderful, she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed in planning our wedding, which was exactly what we wanted. She really gets a feel for who you are as an individual, and as a couple. She created the perfect ceremony, bringing together our own personal love story that really touched our hearts. Promise Ridge is such peaceful and magical place, and the gorgeous natural setting made our day so unique and memorable. You cannot help but pause for a moment to take in the view overlooking the mountains! Alisa was a pleasure to work with, and I cannot thank her enough for making our special day feel like a fairy tale.

Eneida · Married on 06/17/2018

We used Promise Ridge as our wedding location. The property is breathtaking, the views and intimacy complimented our day. Alisa was wonderful to work with her vibrant, open personality made us feel welcomed and relaxed. We are so happy we chose Alisa, the experience was beyond our expectations. Thank you.

caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

Alisa created the most perfect wedding ceremony, and my husband and I are so happy we chose her as our celebrant. She was very easy to work with, patient, and quick with edits and email responses. Filling out her couples questionnaire was a very cathartic process and made the whole wedding ceremony planning so much more special and meaningful. Both my husband and myself had several religious family members in attendance who had previously made passive comments about not getting married in a church or by an ordained minister etc...and these guests were the first to offer sincere compliments on how much they loved and enjoyed our wedding ceremony. Alisa has a true gift of story telling and delivery, and made our wedding ceremony so memorable and the highlight of our wedding day. One of the main reasons we wanted to work with Alisa is that she crafts the wedding ceremony around the couple and their love story. The overall amount of compliments we received about Alisa was outstanding and several guests said it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever attended. I highly recommend Alisa as celebrant for any occasion. We hope to work with her again in the future to commemorate other life milestones.

Alisa Tongg, Celebrant 12

Andrea · Married on 05/24/2018

I can't say enough amazing things about Alisa. She created a ceremony and an evening that we will cherish forever. My husband and I were married on May 24th, 2018 at Promise Ridge. We wanted a small ceremony that was personal and meaningful to the two of us, as well as our families. It was everything that we could have hoped for and more.
    Alisa truly captured our personalities and created something perfectly unique to us. We are so lucky to have found her. She made our day so incredibly special.

Alice · Married on 05/18/2018

Alisa was a pleasure to work with! I have to say that I'm not "the wedding type"...I was much more interested in going to City Hall, but according to my family that wasn't an option. Alisa kept things simple, and I really got the sense that she is adaptable to many personalities, as anyone in the wedding industry must be. I would 1,0000% recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. We also got many compliments about her ceremony from our guests.

Shannon · Married on 05/11/2018

I cannot think of enough great things to say about Alisa! My husband and I decided to not get married in a church and we didn't want a ceremony that was not true to us. Alisa came as a recommendation from our photographer and we are so THRILLED that we picked her! From the first moment we spoke on the phone, my husband and I both immediately knew she was PERFECT to perform our ceremony. She knew exactly what we wanted in a ceremony without even asking and made sure to focus exactly what was important for us and for our big day. I received so many compliments from our guests about how much they loved our ceremony and couldn't believe that we had just met Alisa that morning for the first time! She truly makes you feel as if she has known you for her whole life! She has such a way with words that created a beautiful atmosphere and engaged all our of guests with such emotion. She is a beautiful person both inside and out and made our day so special!

Kristen · Married on 05/09/2018

Alisa was a delight to work with. She has a great process for information gathering from us to use in writing our personalized ceremony. She was very responsive and helpful- especially when I called 2 days before the wedding trying not to freak out about the forecasted rain. It did rain and she had a back up plan and was so helpful in making sure our evening was as special as it possibly could be. I honestly can't say enough great things about her.

Ashley · Married on 04/27/2018

We learned about Alisa and Promise Ridge via a NY Times article and we couldn’t be happier. After our first phone call with Alisa, we knew she was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. Alisa was very warm and calming, and talked through creative solutions for incorporating Jewish/interfaith elements into our “mini wedding.” She worked collaboratively with us to build a memorable and meaningful ceremony that told our story in the most beautiful way, even honoring my husband’s grandfather and making our daughter an integral part of the day. She’s also extremely flexible and thoughtful, from helping us deal with the surprise rain to even changing into a beautiful dress that would compliment our chosen colors. If you want an intimate, thoughtful ceremony for your big day, call Alisa. I can’t even find words for how happy we were to work with her and how beautiful Promise Ridge is. The venue was everything we could have hoped for and more beautiful than we imagined — even/especially in the rain!

Erin · Married on 04/22/2018

We were looking for a place to elope for just the two of us. We wanted a beautiful and unique ceremony and we found it with Alisa at her space, Promise Ridge. I cannot say enough beautiful things! Alisa is amazing and so nice! She created such a unique ceremony for us and she really got a feel for who are and wrote the most timeless and intimate ceremony. It was just what we wanted and envisioned. Her elopement space was gorgeous and we felt like we were the only two people there.

Kayla · Married on 03/28/2018

We are at a loss of words when it comes to explaining how amazing our experience was with Alisa! From day 1, she was so friendly and forth-coming. Always so communicative and ready to help with whatever we needed. We experienced a few changes in our wedding plans, and Alisa was on board through the entire planning process. And it's not just us that can't stop bragging, our family and friends cannot stop ranting and raving about how Alisa truly made the ceremony! She told our love story beautifully, there was not a dry eye in the room. From the minute she walked into the venue, her presence filled the entire room with happiness and joy. Not to mention her outfit was 100% on point! Before the ceremony, she made it a point to communicate between the both of us, and to all of our guests before the ceremony! She was eager to help with anything that anyone needed. We cannot recommend Alisa enough, and certainly cannot say enough about how amazing she truly is! We cannot wait to work with her again sometime soon!

Janae · Married on 03/01/2018

There are not enough words in the English language to say how amazing our experience with Alisa was. We didn't have a celebrant for most of our engagement, and finding Alisa was hands down our biggest blessing. We had no idea how to go about finding someone to marry us, because almost every wedding we had been to up to ours was in a church, or had a friend or judge marry them. After speaking with Alisa for the first time, we knew she would be perfect, and that's before the winter storm hit the afternoon of our wedding. She traveled most of the day to get to us, and was so professional and sweet about staying in contact with us all day to give updates. There is no other way either of us would have wished to get married. Her ceremony is beyond personal, and everyone in the room truly felt as if she had known us forever. Alisa, you were a dream come true for our wedding, and I could not sing your praises more! We love you!

Lauren · Married on 02/23/2018

Amazing experience with Alisa!!

Where do I start? We couldn't be happier that we hired Alisa to perform our ceremony! We aren't religious and didn't have any obvious choices on who could/would marry us. At first we weren't that worried about the ceremony (since a lot of times it's usually the part people want to get over with to get to the party), but then I found Alisa and cried while watching the videos she is in performing ceremonies. No one we found while searching could compare to her, and all of a sudden we realized just how important the ceremony is! It shouldn't be something you just rush through. It's the WHOLE point of everyone being there—The two of you getting married! Alisa made our ceremony so beautiful and every person we talked to at the wedding commented on how amazing and perfect it was. People cried happy tears and laughed at the tiny jokes and moments that perfect matched my husband and myself. That's how it should be! One of my friends described it as "so us!" and another one of my friend's said it was one of the few weddings he's attended where you could truly feel how in love we are. I guarantee part of that was because of Alisa and her telling our story so beautifully.

Do yourself a favor and hire her! The ceremony was truly my favorite part of our wedding (and our reception was pretty awesome if I do say so myself), because it was just so meaningful and personal. I'll remember it forever, and part of that is because we invested in Alisa and having something special that completely celebrated us getting married. It also makes the ceremony way more entertaining and meaningful to your guests! I promise you won't regret hiring this amazing lady (who also happens to have seriously awesome fashion sense). She's the best of the best and worth every penny!

Harper · Married on 12/31/2017

Alisa was an amazing celebrant! We were so happy with the beautiful ceremony she wrote for our wedding. We very much enjoyed the collaborative process, and the result was amazing - many of our guests commented on how moving our personalized ceremony was. Alisa went above and beyond to make sure our rehearsal ran smoothly, which made the day-of logistics much easier. Alisa also worked well with our wedding planner and other vendors, which we appreciated. We were so happy to work with her!

Heidi · Married on 10/28/2017

I took a bit of a chance on requesting Alisa to perform our wedding ceremony at her private site based on the reviews that I read. What a great decision! AMAZING! Alisa was fantastic to work with, answering my many questions, and tolerating my fiance's procrastination with ease. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that met our request for something short, sweet, and funny, while including the necessary level of seriousness. She truly went above and beyond, helping fix our wedding cake and welcoming our children as if we were family-friends. I would (and already have) recommend Alisa to perform any ceremony you might need!

• Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/21/2017

Alisa was absolutely incredible. She was a part of our love story and ceremony just as much as we were. She included our guests, spoke from the heart and delivered what many have told us the most unique, thoughtful and emotional ceremony they had ever heard. We cannot put into words the feelings experienced during the ceremony and the hours there after. An incredible night which began with an incredible love story told by Alisa, who took the time and energy to get to know us as much as possible. Thank You!