6311 Caminito Partida, San Diego, CA 92111 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 38
  • Deals 1

About Alex Guillen

Based in San Diego, California, Alex Guillen is a musician that performs at weddings. This artist can offer both vocals and instrumentals, with a range of guitar styles including flamenco, Latin, and classical. He can be hired as a soloist, or with accompanying string instrumentalists.

Experience

Started playing the guitar at the age of 12 and was influenced by a range of genres such as classical, jazz, and rock. He received lessons from the renowned Flamenco guitarist Diego Corriente and was soon performing as a solo artist. After releasing his first CD, Alex decided to devote himself to his passion and became a full-time musician. He is now working towards completing his bachelor’s degree in Music Composition while continuing to teach and perform.

Alex can provide music for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and cocktail hour. Couples can avail of consultations to discuss their vision for the day and the atmosphere that they want to create for their nuptials, as well as sample music. This artist is happy to learn new songs for events and recommend themes that he thinks will work well, whether it be epic movie themes or romantic melodies for the walk up the aisle. He will bring all the necessary equipment to the venue, including items such as microphones and sounds systems.

Other couples have also viewed

• Eliana Strings

Photos 29 Photos
Videos 9 Videos

21 Reviews for Alex Guillen

Stephanie · Married on 02/19/2016

As a native New Jerseyian, I decided to ditch the cold weather and have a destination wedding in San Diego, Ca in February 2016. As such, I had the undesirable task of hiring all my wedding vendors without getting to meet, taste, or listen to any potential services in person. The success of my wedding would be largely contingent upon my ability to choose the right vendors. Therefore, I spent the better part of the last few months conducting research to ensure that I chose vendors with proven track records of excellence and professionalism. I sifted through hundreds upon hundreds of reviews on various sites such as yelp, the knot, and weddingwire in order to narrow down my choices.
    Fast forward a few months and I finally had Alex Guillen’s website up on my screen. Aside from the glowing reviews Alex had from other brides, I needed to hear him play. I clicked through a few of his songs and I could tell that he was very technical in his ability to play. This appealed to me as I really wanted custom music for my ceremony. Like many brides, I got caught up in other wedding issues and only managed to get my song choices to Alex a few days before the wedding. His response “I can definitely do an instrumental version of this song no problem!” I can confidently say that I could have given Alex any song under the sun and he would have been able to play it. He’s that technically proficient.
    Ceremony day arrives and Alex is on time, dressed well, and performs very beautiful renditions of “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, “Bridal March” and “Stay Awhile” – Dave Matthews. I was not present prior to the ceremony (for obvious reasons) but was told by my husband that Alex took the initiative to play additional songs as we were running a bit behind due to an unruly flower girl. Playing additional music was not something we had agreed to beforehand but it really is just a testament to Alex’s professionalism and dedication to the performance he is giving that he went the extra mile

Sent on 03/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Attention anyone reading this review... Do yourself a favor and just book Alex right now. He was AMAZING to work with from the beginning of the process through the wedding day. Alex recently played the ceremony music at our wedding in La Jolla, and I cannot say enough good things about him. From our first emails I could tell he was going to be great to work with. He is super responsive, very friendly and asked the right questions to get a thorough understanding of what we were looking for in a ceremony musician. Throughout the planning stages, I adored working with him. He had a wide range of songs that he knew, and even offered to learn other songs if we had a special request. I was a bit indecisive with selections for ceremony music, and Alex was patient and suggested songs that he had played before that might work, without being pushy. Fast forward to the wedding day... Alex was early to arrive, completely set up and ready to go well before the ceremony. We received many compliments on the music he played while guests were arriving, and our ceremony selections went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Alex to anyone planning an event or wedding who is looking for a fabulous guitar player!!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Miriam · Married on 03/07/2014

Alex was great. He showed up with enough time to set up and discuss the game plan. Most importantly, he plays beautifully and made our day completely unforgettable. We loved him!!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Award

Alex Guillen FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 400
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 650
    Music During Breaks
    Sample Music
    Sound/PA System
    Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    String - Quintet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Guitar
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Alex Guillen 1
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Bill Calhoun Mobile Music Wedding DJs

Alex will do a great job for you!! He is a real musician. Alex's abilities are in a class above what you hear at most Ceremonies and Reception--you can really hear it when he plays. I highly recommend him. You will be very happy!

• Debora Galan Wedding Bands

I have had the pleasure of working with Alex and was impressed by his level of professionalism and skill. He is reliable and a very gifted guitarist. He also has a very calming presence that would put any anxious bride at ease. It would be a tremendous honor to share the stage with him again.

• Wedding Your Way Wedding Officiants

As a wedding minister who has officiated over 700 weddings, I know something about the power of good music to make a ceremony soar! Having live music during the ceremony adds so much soul to the proceedings - if the music is of high quality and the performer is sensitive to the nuances of the ceremony script. Alex Guillen is one of the those superb musicians who is also a marvelous collaborator. He understands the phrasing of elements in a wedding and how music can call attention to certain moments, or be a bridge between sections. Whether you want just ceremony music or a full evening of classical, flamenco or folk, Alex is a true professional and a real joy to work with. I hope to be able to collaborate with him on many ceremonies in the future. I endorse him wholeheartedly! ~ Rev. Rebecca Armstrong

• 6311 Caminito Partida San Diego, CA, 92111 See on map
    6197553246 (Phone number)
    8am-10pm Daily.
    Location of (Alex Guillen)