MY PHILOSPHY:

The beauty philosophy I share with treasured clients is simple: makeup should enhance your features, conceal little secrets and ultimately showcase the most gorgeous you! The beauty products I apply are individualized and perfected to your comfort level. I understand that every woman is different and unique, and my makeup reflects that -- some revel in natural beauty while others love to bring on the drama!

MY BRIDES:

From our initial one-on-one consultation and trial run, bridal portrait makeup, pre-wedding events makeup, all the way to the wedding-day application, the end result will be flawless, suiting your style, dress and the overall feel of your event. It's always the bride’s vision, combined with an expert's guidance that lends to wedding beauty perfection.

Two bits of advice that I share with all of my brides are: pamper yourself and splurge on your special day by working with a makeup professional who specializes in customizing a look that specifically cateres to your desired style. The second bit of advice is that whether you're going for a minimal clean look, a modern-day classic finish, or an enhanced dramatic look, makeup should render timelessness and elegance. It's important to know that for years to come, you'll want to look back at your wedding photos feeling confident in your beauty choices for that special day.

I'm committed to working with only one bride and her bridal party on any given day, therefore there's absolutely no rush and you can rest assured knowing that all of my attention will solely be on you.

MY EXPERIENCE:

Twenty-two years of experience in the makeup industry has allowed me invaluable experience with countless personalities. I’ve gained an innate understanding for texture and color for a variety of skin tones and types, and how they wear color differently, as well as knowing which products to use to ensure that my makeup is long-wearing and photographs beautifully. I’ve been mentored by some of the most notable and powerful women in the cosmetic industry. I’ve also developed my own line of lip glosses, Misiu Beauty.

My work has been featured internationally in print, on-air and online including the New York Times, Glamour Magazine, Southern Living, Coastal Bride, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Charleston Magazine, Charleston Weddings Magazine, Charleston Style and Design Magazine, Travel and Destination, Country Living Magazine, Skirt Magazine, The Post and Courier, The Wedding Row, and The Fashion Group International. **The 2013 Beauty Black Book for InStyle Magazine named me as one of six go-to artists in the entire country!** My celebrity glam-ups include Jennifer Lopez, Katie Couric, and some of the best-known magazine editors worldwide.

Aside from doing event makeup, I entertain clients as a one-on-one beauty concierge/consultant. I meet with them when convenient and update their beauty routine, while simultaneously shopping for any current makeup needs.

MY TEAM:

Katie: Katie Shayda is my lead artist and highly talented muse. She takes care of all bookings and administration, and she's always available as a secondary contact. I've known Katie for over 10 years and have always been privy to her passion for makeup, beauty and events. She's consistantly well organized, professional and an absolute angel to work with! Katie has taken part in several fashion shoots, editorial makeup sessions, and has true raw talent when it comes to hair! She has experience doing wedding, prom, and high-fashion looks. She recently relocated back to Charleston after traveling Europe for several years with her husband. During her trips to 15 different countries, she observed and learned a lot about hair, makeup, new trends and regional preferences in beauty. Since Katie's return to the States, she has already styled a bride's hair and makeup in the Abaco Islands. She is a gem of a partner, and I can always count on her when it comes to my loyal and trusting clients.

Judith: Judith Thorp, offering over 25 years in luxurious Swiss spa skincare, will lend her delicate hand to those wanting a full-service, spa-facial experience for their special event. Equipped with the most luxurious masks and skincare infused with caviar, makes the skin glow from within, providing the ultimate base with which to begin.

Andrew: At this time, my availability is currently limited. I'm an artist with over twenty-two years of hard earned experience and a bio to prove it. I absolutely love what I do, and I've met some of the most important people in my life through makeup. Touching a bare face with my brush is art to me. My passion is and always will be to educate and make those who are already beautiful -- gorgeous. xo ACP

illustration popular

Vendors you may like

See other vendors that are popular with couples right now

4.7 out of 5 rating
92% Recommended by couples
Y
Yen Sent on 05/15/2014
5 out of 5 rating
Andrew was my make up artist for my wedding party at the William Aiken House on May 2nd and I absolutely loved working with him!!! I am from manhattan and i was very nervous that I wouldnt't be able to find a makeup artist who understood my style and vision, but Andrew really did! He's well travelled and worked for some top tier brands so he was able to pick the right products for me to creat a romantic but polished look!

He did my make up for both my rehearsal dinner and my wedding and spent as much time needed to make sure I was happy! He was able to create amazing looks for me and my family including my mother and my 10 year old cousin. I am now withing Andrew lived in New York because I would go to him all the time!!
M
Marcie Sent on 04/06/2014
5 out of 5 rating
So my experience with Andrew was not for a wedding photo session, but for business photographs. I can say, though, that anyone would be lucky to have their makeup done by him. He is not only the consummate professional, he makes the entire experience really fun! I had never had a photo session of moi, so I was kind of nervous. But, the moment I got in his makeup chair, that went away. He has a really lovely demeanor. And, I can honestly say that the photographs (even unfinished) were darn near flawless. Andrew really knows how to accentuate your best features and take your natural beauty and give it a KA-POW! Never mind the tricks I learned from him. Lovely guy and really knows his stuff! Thank you Andrew!
J
Janine Sent on 04/14/2014
5 out of 5 rating
I have known Andrew Peterson for several years, but had not used him until this past February. I work in a hotel DT charleston and we always had our preferred vendors, but we knew we needed to get more experienced hair and make-up stylists that were up to date with the latest styles and trends. I knew I needed to try Andrew out, especially hearing how great he was. I took a risk because the client was the Editor and Chief of a major worldwide magazine. When I reached out to him about doing this, he followed up with me and my client up until the time they arrived into Charleston. They needed his services at 6:00 am and at 5:55 am, Andrew was at the hotel and texted me he was here. The client was so pleased with the make-up and hired him back the next day. After this, I added him to our wedding/corporate vendor list. Words can't express his talent...Thank you Andrew for all you do to make people feel and look beautiful.
illustration message bubble

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Marni Rothschild Pictures Marni Rothschild Pictures Wedding Photographers

Andrew is not only fabulous at what he does but he is also exactly the kind of person you want to hang out with on your wedding day. His calm and easy demeanor make him such a pleasure to be around that you almost don't want to get up from your seat when your makeup is finished. He is an amazing talent and will help you look and feel as gorgeous as ever!

Diana Deaver Wedding Photography Diana Deaver Wedding Photography Wedding Photographers

Andrew is a passionate and highly skilled individual. He makes working with him a fun and lighthearted experience. I have personally had my make-up done by him and it was the best make-up session I have received.

Curated Events Charleston
4.5 out of 5 rating , 180 Reviews
· Wedding Planners

Other vendors in Charleston for your wedding