A Fresh Event

Chicago, IL View map Visit website

As trusted wedding advisors, we exist to provide compassionate and honest counsel to fun-loving couples who want to create an experience-driven celebration. Using our industry expertise and big-picture thinking, we translate your dreams and ideas into unforgettable memories.

Our couples value exceptional service and seek out a wedding planning experience built on a foundation of genuine care, consideration, and creativity. We pride ourselves on offering a big-hearted, people-first approach to planning from your first meeting through your last dance.

We create events that are true reflections of our clients, diligently working on every detail behind the scenes so you and your loved ones can savor every moment together. We go above and beyond to ensure that your wedding weekend is truly rooted in the essence of who you are.

Learn more about us and get in touch at www.afreshevent.com. We can't wait to meet you!

• Woman-owned

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$250

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth L. Married on 08/14/2021

Above and Beyond!

There are quite literally no words to express how thankful we are to have had AFE by our side to plan our wedding. Jen was five steps ahead of every decision that needed to be made and her knowledge of the planning process and local vendors was immeasurably helpful. After we had already contracted all of our vendors, Jen helped us reschedule the wedding for the next year due to the pandemic with very little work on our end. Jen is not only incredibly prepared professionally, she is so fun and has become a friend throughout this process. Her excitement was genuine and we always looked forward to our catch up meetings. This is the second time our family has worked with AFE and we would recommend them to absolutely everybody. Thank you Jen and AFE!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 07/04/2021

Jen is amazing!!

Jen was absolutely incredible!! We hired her in February 2020 to do day of/month of planning for our July wedding, but when we had to postpone she was there for us. She helped us move all of our vendors, rebook a few new ones, and was there as we changed our plans based on state and local COVID rules multiple times. As Chicago opened up, we were able to have our dream wedding at Cafe Brauer. Jen had the whole day planned down to the minute - she’s so organized. She was well connected with our other other vendors and it was clear the whole day that she was in charge. I could ask her anything, from what time the trolley was coming to if she could help me pee in my wedding dress. She thought of every little detail because she’s clearly done this a million times. I would recommend Jen to anyone! She was a joy to work with.
  • Rocio
    Rocio A. Married on 05/08/2020

Best. Day. EVER!! Thanks to Jen :)

Echoing the reviews before me: I cannot say enough about Jen Henderson!! She is like your cool cousin, meets Oliva Pope. She just HANDLES things. I've been a corporate event planner for nearly 10 years in Chicago, and a promotions coordinator for a few years before that. As such, I have a very high bar when it comes to event planning and coordination, and was very worried about handing off the biggest event in my life to a stranger. Jen almost instantly became a friend, and her planning and execution blew my expectations out of the water. When the day came I didn’t worry about a thing! It was the first event I’ve ever planned where I didn’t have to worry or stress about a single thing (well, aside from my vows of course ). My *now* wife, Katherine, is my polar opposite when it comes to event planning. She's analytical and science minded, so she needed a lot more hand holding through the process. Jen was always patient, supportive, and more than willing to answer questions three or four times if need be. Jen has the personality, passion, and organization skills every wedding planner should have. Seriously, if you can book her, do it now! Don't wait!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Team

Jen G
Jen G
Owner + Lead Planner

Jen is the founder and owner of A Fresh Event and has almost a decade of experience planning weddings and corporate events. She has spent her entire career in customer service, and takes pride in solving problems and bringing smiles to her planning couples’ faces. A veteran in the Chicago wedding industry, she is a member of the local chapters of the Wedding International Professionals Association and Catering Executives Club of America, and is a former host of the Thursday Therapy networking mixer for local wedding pros. Jen lives in Lincoln Park and loves walking along the lakefront, getting her SoulCycle on a few times a week, and cheering for the Packers behind enemy lines.

Rachel C
Rachel C
Planner + Coordinator

Rachel joined the A Fresh Event team in 2019 and comes from a background in musical theatre, where she learned exactly how much creativity and preparation goes into pulling off unforgettable, magical moments. She's a true Enneagram 5 that delights in learning her clients' events inside and out, all while keeping the process streamlined and fun for the people she works with. Born and raised in Maryland, she relocated to the Chicago area for college. She lives in Lakeview with her husband and their Boston Terrier, and loves nothing more than indulging in craft cocktails in beautiful places.

Persephone Floral Atelier Persephone Floral Atelier Wedding Florists

Hilarious, personable, and reliable--Jen is the not only a phenomenal planner, but a joy to be around.

Aries Charter Transportation Aries Charter Transportation Wedding Limos

We Love working with professional planners and that's what you will get with the staff at Fresh Event!

Chicago, IL, 60614
Location of (A Fresh Event)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding