Destination wedding
We're hoping to have our wedding in Mayan Riviera. Which companies might have a good reputation as wedding planners?

Married: 07/20/2013
Edited On: May 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Posted On: May 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Stephanie
Married: 10/11/2012
Reviews: 5
May 06, 2012 at 10:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would check with the Resort that you want to have it at. What part of the MR are you thinking of?

Married: 03/19/2013
Reviews: 9
May 06, 2012 at 10:52 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm having a destination wedding as well. I googled the companies for reviews. Mine is in Hawaii so I could also research the BBB for each company. Beware of "testimonials" on the websites because some companies offer discounts for doing positive reviews. We chose not to use the resort planners due to the cost and location so make sure you research that also. I have had so much fun planning mine and I hope you do too.
Edited On: May 06, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
May 06, 2012 at 12:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are getting married at a Secrets resort. I also hear that Dreams Resorts (sister company) have great reputations for weddings.

Married: 05/21/2011
Reviews: 1
Jun 04, 2012 at 4:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We used destinationweddings.com and LOVED working with Kim. She took care of everything from helping us choose the right resort (Iberostar Grand) to making sure our guests made it there and back without any issues!

Totally amazing experience from the beginning to the end!!!

Married: 03/10/2012
Jun 05, 2012 at 11:15 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
destinationweddings.com was amazing!!!!!!!!!! They are better than a travel bc they help with travel arrangements and wedding planning! The best of both worlds when it comes to Destination Weddings!

Married: 09/04/2011
Jun 05, 2012 at 1:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Natalie,

We had our wedding last September in the Mayan Riviera - so I can give you lots of good advice! Best thing we did was hire a company to book a resort and group rate for us. There are many different travel agencies, we ended up going with DestinationWeddings.com because I knew another Bride who had a really good experience with them. And I can say - that we too had a really GREAT experience with them. They are very affordable and the communication was so easy and fast. We ended up having about 50 people at the wedding, which is decent size for a DW. Our wedding planner Brittany locked us a great rate at Azul Sensatori, which is AMAZING! I would totally recommend the resort as well (beautiful views from the rooftop deck). Best of luck with everything, such an exciting time in your life!!!!

Married: 03/31/2012
Jun 06, 2012 at 6:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I got married in Riviera Maya March 31! It is an AMAZING place. The people were awesome. I too went with DestinationWeddings.com. My husband's sister in law recommended them because she used them. I don't regret it - it was the best decision I made. I was at Azul Beach and we got married ON the beach. I don't think I could have asked for better. Using DW.com was a great decision, and I got a ton of discounts through them. Everyone had an amazing time and they are all asking if we can all go back next year. :)

Married: 12/11/2010
Jun 07, 2012 at 5:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Destination weddings are the best! We had our wedding at Azul Fives in Playa Del Carmen and it was unbelievable. I don't really think you can really go wrong with having your wedding while on vacation. The two things seem to go so well together :) We used destinationweddings.com and they helped accomodate all our guests and made the entire experience stress free. Ask for Kathy Murray since she is the best!

Married: 05/09/2011
Jun 07, 2012 at 7:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The top ones for Mayan Riviera would be the Secrets/ Dreams/ Now/ Zoetry chain or the Azul/El Dorado chain. Both amazing resorts for picture perfect dream weddings. If you need a good price on those luxurious resorts, you must deal with destinationweddings.com, they can get better rates then most others because of their relationship with those resorts and the volume of weddings they book there. Their service is so easy to use and has many perks that will be really appealing for you and your guests. Check out the website and don't look back! Good luck!

Married: 11/01/2011
Jun 08, 2012 at 11:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations!!!

My wife an I decided on a destination wedding as well. (We eloped) After a little research into a few companies, she found Destination Weddings.com. They were awesome!

I will fully admit to thinking we could do it on our own. My wife paid $50 for a webinar - which I thought would be a waste of money. I was very, very wrong!!! (How many husbands say that???)

They took care of everything. Worked with us on dates and times. Even helped us deal with a hurricane that delayed our departure by a few days. I honestly cannot speak higher of them. (Ask for Maureen, she worked on our wedding)

Our wedding was at El Dorado Maroma...small, beautiful resort with a fantastic beach. Loved it!

Good Luck!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct