Villa Rinata

• Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Loren 6 Reviews
My wedding coordinator changed about a month before my wedding. No one bothered to call me to tell me this, I found out when I was not getting any response from e-mails, etc. Unfortunatley the first lady helping me did not document everything in my file, so I had to come back to re-do much of the initial work which wasted alot of time for me. The venue is beautiful, the food was great but overpriced and not a good value in the end. Also I did not feel that I was treated professionally during the last week and did not have reminders for what I needed to do, when payments needed to be made. The whole reason I booked the venue is because they offered the 'Wedding Day coordinator" included in the package, but I felt I may have missed out due to my inital coordinator no longer working there. Also, i did not find it professional at all having a bill shoved in my face at the reception for the people that showed up over my head count and basically being told 'Pay up now." It left me with a bad feeling overall at this venue. I was also charged an excessive amount and did not have time to research it or verify that I was being charged correctly.
Villa Rinata responded with the following comments:
We wish to thank you for your comments Loren, however we truly wish you would have taken the time to speak with us directly as a few details do not match our file notes.

We have documentation that your new sales contact reached out to you three months prior to your wedding day and we also show that you and your husband attended a tasting with your new Villa Rinata contact two months prior to your wedding day.

Our documentation further shows that the original contract signed and all subsequent contract updates never listed Wedding Day Coordination. This service was only provided based on your claim that the previous sales person said they would provide the service for you. In order to make a smooth transition , your new sales person agreed to provide the service complimentary (a $750 value).

Documents also show that final payment listed on the original contract signed spelling out the day and date it was due (3 wks prior); emails show an extension was granted and you acknowledged payment would be received two wks prior but final payment was not provided until 4 days before the wedding.

We are a bit confused as to why you felt payment was demanded for the additional 20% guests that showed up since we already had your credit card information on file and had no need to request it a second time.

With regard to the statement of being overcharged; your original signed contract lists additional guests at $65 per person but we only charged you $48 per person.

Therefore between the discount on the additional guests and the complimentary wedding coordination, you actually received at price break equaling $1,430.

We are very sorry you did not feel this discount was a good value. We do however wish you and Peter many happy years together and again, thank you for your comments.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have no words to describe such an amazing venue. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food is amazing. I would recommend every bride to check out this venue!
Wedding: 02/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I don't even know where to begin to explain the pleasure it was to work with Sharon and the Villa Rinata crew for our wedding! It will sound like a cliche but the day of our wedding turned out to be the best of day of our lives! A lot of that was due to the services Villa Rinata and Sharon provided for us. Everything from the DJ Sharon recommended to the bakery and officiant she suggested were spectacular!

More importantly, my husband and I wanted very much to enjoy good food and wine during our wedding. We are foodies and sharing a good meal with our guests on our special day was incredibly important for us. Sharon and the catering services at Villa Rinata went above our expectations. The food was INCREDIBLE! Some of our guests are still sharing with us, a month after our wedding, that the food they enjoyed was incredibly delicious and so much more than they expected to receive at a wedding.

In addition to the great vendors Villa Rinata works with and the great food they offer, the actual locale offers so many beautiful photo opportunities. Our pictures are stunning and a lot of that has to do with the beauty of the location.

Overall, my husband and I would overwhelmingly recommend for anyone looking for a venue to give Villa Rinata consideration, because Sharon, her staff, and her selected vendors made our special day more memorable than we ever expected.
Wedding: 01/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The venue is great if you want to get more bang for your buck. Many things were included in the price and made planning a lot easier. The account managers/coordinators were very friendly and guide you through everything. They had their own catering service and the food was EXCELLENT! Very beautiful venue and great location in Houston.
Wedding: 11/09/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I worked with Sharon at Villa Rinata and she is a joy to work with. Our wedding was nontraditional but Sharon worked with me to make it amazing. The food was spectacular and decor was amazing. Her and her team even helped put the centerpieces together and on the tables.

The lighting and setup was beautiful and complimentary to my decor. I highly recommend her and the venue.
Wedding: 11/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  4.0
My husband and I got married at Villa Rinata two weeks ago, and we are still in shock over how beautiful our wedding was. We couldn't have done it without Sharon Anderson-- you definitely want her working on your wedding, ladies! She is a wealth of knowledge and a consummate professional. Since booking with VR last year I had visited several times in the planning process and I had seen other people's weddings being set up but I had NO idea what I was in for... On the day of our wedding when I walked into our courtyard ceremony on my dad's arm, I felt like I was in a dream. Candles, chandeliers, lanterns, the works! Our guests were raving about how magnificent and romantic our sunset ceremony was. Our reception was no different-- a massive chandelier, tons of beautiful flickering votives on the stair case-- it was all very grand but still very intimate and comfortable. The food was visually appealing and absolutely delicious, the staff / bartender were quick and helpful. Everything provided was of the highest quality. We hired various vendors recommended by Villa Rinata and all of them provided top notch services and were great values as well! I know of significant discounts that we received on vendors we otherwise would not have been in our budget so that was a great benefit of choosing a venue we already knew we loved. Thanks Sharon and Villa Rinata!
Villa Rinata responded with the following comments:
You and William are so very sweet. Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for making us part of your beautiful day. It was a delight planning your special day and I am more than pleased that you two were so happy with our services. On behalf of the team at Villa Rinata, I wish you much joy and happiness!
Wedding: 10/13/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Jessica 1 Reviews
Villa Rinata is a beautiful and romantic venue. They offer packages that include the tables, chairs, food, drink, DJ, uplighting, cake, etc. It was a huge help to have access to all of those services through one venue. Our initial quote was for 100 people for a seated dinner (not buffet), the services just mentioned, and 4 hours of event time for $13,000. The wedding was at 6 p.m. on a Saturday and we had two hours of set-up time. We wanted to take pictures there before the wedding so I checked into maybe being able to show up early for pictures at 2 or 3 p.m. I was told they could potentially rent out the first half of the day for another event, so if I wanted to guarantee that we could use the building earlier in the day, we would have to rent it for an extra $2,500. This was a little frustrating, as a lot of venues do offer at least 4 hours before and some even the entire day. We also extended our wedding to 12:30 a.m.
We had 140 people, seated dinner, open bar, cake, groom's cake, DJ, uplighting, tables, chairs, gold flatware, wedding coordination and had the venue from 10 a.m. until 12:30 a.m. There was also a "service charge" of $2,189.44 so our final cost was around $21,000. This obviously didn't include flowers, decor, pictures, video, dress, invitations, etc.

Our wedding coordinator, Sharon, was very helpful and professional. She handled everything and did an amazing job. She has a very upbeat demeanor so even when stressful things came up, her positive attitude made the process easier and enjoyable.

The food was AMAZING! The only negative was they set the dinner rolls out long before dinner starts and they were cold and hard, but the actual dinner was AMAZING!!

I would recommend Villa Rinata to other couples. I think they can accommodate a smaller-scale wedding all the way up to a very fancy wedding and everywhere in between.
Our wedding was incredible! :) Here is the link to our photographer's blog:
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Sharon is an amazing wedding coordinator, and made sure my wedding was more than I could imagine
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Very helpful staff and they put together the wedding beautifully. We were alarmed when our first coordinator left the company two weeks before the wedding; however, Sharon was extremely helpful and on top of every detail of our wedding. She also picked up the slack from our previous coordinator and was very organized, helpful, and knowledgeable and did a great job. The food was excellent and Villa Rinata's recommended vendors (florist, photographer, cake) were excellent (except the DJ-not recommended to use). I wish we had a chance to participate in a private tasting which is offered; however, this wasn't a huge problem.
Wedding: 05/26/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
It was a fantastic experience. Had a few bumps in the road with wedding planners leaving. The venue is so beautiful on its own, that it needed no extra decorations! All the vendors they recommended were incredible and nice people!
Wedding: 05/19/2012
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was very impressed with all the services Villa Rinata had to offer me on my special day. The venue is beautiful and very elegant. My guest are still talking about how good the food was from City View Catering. Sharon my event coordiantor was easy to talk to and really nice. I researched alot of venues and I believe my money was well spend with the Villa Rinata.
Wedding: 05/12/2012
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The venue was absolutely gorgeous!! The food was outstanding!! Sharon was wonderful to work with and handled everything perfectly!
Wedding: 03/09/2012
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am a wedding planner and this is officially the first time I've ever worked at the Villa Rinata. I was only day of coordinator for the client however, in the short time that I worked with the Villa Rinata, I was quite impressed. Ann was so sweet and flexible and I felt as she was was working as a team member. Sharon was also attentive to the needs of myself and to my clients. In fact she was concerned for the DJ space and had no problems moving things around to accommodate the DJ so that he may have more space to work with. I enjoyed them and plan on referring more business to them in the future.
Villa Rinata responded with the following comments:
Audrey, it was so wonderful working with you and Courtney. We look forward to the next opportunity!
Wedding: 02/25/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Villa Rinata is such a pretty venue. Ann our consultant was a joy to work with. Very fun and easy going, and very helpful whith our wedding details. Ann made sure all of our activities happened and every thing ran very smoothly. Food was wonderful. Everyone had a great time and I would absolutely recommend Villa Rinata to anyone planning a wedding.
Wedding: 02/18/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Villa Rinata, I had a GREAT experience and my wedding was absolutely beautiful!
Wedding: 02/18/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our daughter was married at Villa Rinata on November 19, 2011. The wedding was wonderful. We have had nothing but rave reviews from all of our friends on the wedding, the venue and most of all the food. We had 100 guests and the venue was exactly the right size for that crowd.

Tracey was a godsend! She made sure every little detail was taken care of. She is very professional and extremely easy to work with. We could not have asked for a better wedding planner.

We were also very pleased with the preferred vendors that Villa Rinata refered us to. We used them all with the exception of the photographer. The ladies at Dream Bouquet, the DJ, and Peter with Alphorn Bakery were great to work.

If we had to do it over we wouldn't change anything.

Karen & Bob Taylor
Wedding: 11/19/2011
 713-334-7765
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire