Tony Spinelli Photography

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony was the perfect wedding photographer. He is a very nice, easygoing guy, which makes him very easy to work with. He takes beautiful photos that are intimate and artistic without being cheesy or kitschy. Our formal photos came out great; even the staged ones look really natural. Most importantly , Tony and his father (who was his "second shooter" for our wedding) captured all of the candid moments that made the wedding special, and did so without ever taking us out of the moment. They were everywhere we could have asked them to be, yet we never had to ask. Half the time we didn't even know they were there! It was truly amazing.

Tony is also organized, professional, and technologically advanced, which makes it easy to keep track of payments and view your photos when they are ready. Last but not least, his turnaround time is very fast! We had access to our entire wedding album within a few weeks. It was such a pleasure working with Tony, I cannot recommend him highly enough!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you have stumbled upon Tony Spinelli photography (and thus, this review)- stop looking. Not only is he incredibly talented, but equally important (you will spend quite a bit of time with your photographer) he is a great person. We reviewed in detail about three to four dozen photographers portfolios- there are many beautiful photographs out there, but in your search, be sure to focus on the moments. Any photographer can take gorgeous shots of your cake, centerpieces, etc. but it takes a true professional to capture the precious moments of your day. Tony was completely unobtrusive, but somehow managed to capture all of the amazing, special moments of the day. I have lost track of the countless compliments we have received on both our engagement and wedding photographs.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had friends of friends use Tony Spinelli Photography in the past so my wife had liked his page on Facebook because she liked his style. She would show me from time to time different photos he had taken at weddings that were a little more artistic and unique from traditional wedding photos yet not too extreme/artsy. When it came time for our wedding, he was the first place we went to get more info on his packaging/availability. We met with him and found Tony to be really approachable, down-to- earth, easy-going but you could tell he was an expert in his trade with quiet confidence. The samples he showed us spoke volumes at what he could do. I had received advice from other friends and colleagues that the one place you don't want to scrimp for your wedding is the photography. So we signed up the mid-range packet with Tony which includes a photo album, engagement shoot, 2 photographers and some other benefits. We were not dissapointed! In fact we had set the bar high for Tony and he exceeded our expectations. Our photos came out so cool and beautiful. We love them - and have received so many compliments from others on how great the photos are. What made it better was having Tony at the wedding - he and his partner were everywhere and available for every photo we requested. Would absolutely recommend Tony!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As I mentioned in another post, I am very particular, especially when it comes to photos. I place a lot of value in photos, it is a large investment, and to me this was one of the most important decisions to make for the wedding. Tony was able to put me at ease, was willing to listen, and delivered photos that rival images you see in magazines. He captured special moments, key people, thoughtful details and soo much more. He is quick, I received the photos in 2 weeks and he captured so many images that it took me three hours to view them all. I did not think it would be possible for me to be happy with my photos. I am truly blown away. He is a true artist. I would recommend him to any bride. He provides an engagement shoot that lets you figure out what works for you. He is open to your thoughts and will adjust to what you want. You can trust that he will not only deliver but surpass your expectations. I would love to use him for future events.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony was a pleasure to work with from the first time we contacted him. He responds almost immediately and does the best work around! Book him for your wedding as soon as you can - you won't be disappointed. Tony had a picture up on Facebook for us to see before the night was over, and got us all of our pictures before we even returned from our honeymoon. He was the most professional vendor of the night and listened to everything that we wanted for our wedding. We would HIGHLY recommend Tony!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Tony was a wonderful experience from start to finish. When we were looking for a photographer for our wedding, we met with Tony on the recommendation of a friend who had been recently married. He had us over for a meeting to discuss packages, his style, and to look at some of his work from previous event... one of which took place at our wedding venue, so we could get a feel for how he shoots.

Part of his package is an engagement shoot, which at first, I was against. I thought nothing could be more awkward. Our first shoot was rained out, and Tony was very proactive about rescheduling, and I am glad he was. The engagement shoot turned out to be a great experience. Not only does Tony take photos that are the opposite of cheesy, but it was invaluable in getting to know Tony and feel more comfortable around him, which on the wedding day is HUGE.

When it came to our wedding photos we couldn't have been more pleased. His second shooter is his father, which in my opinion, is really special and added to the feeling of the day. Tony does a lot of work up front when it comes to the formal shot configurations, and how you want them to be shot. This works out really well with pushy moms so they aren't bossing anyone around on the wedding day, but still get their "must-have" photos. Once the formal shots were done and the reception started it was as if Tony faded into the background, capturing unbelievable shots of the celebration. Tons of candids of friends and family, along with group shots of different tables.

After the wedding, Tony was incredibly prompt getting the photos up, and sending us both a CD of all the photos as well as a slide show of photos set to our wedding song. Working with Tony helped make our day all the more special.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first met Tony through a friend's wedding I was in a couple of year's prior. Once I saw my friend's pictures, I knew I would book Tony if/when my boyfriend at the time would propose to me. Well, i'm writing this today, because... he did. :)

The thing I like about Tony's work is that he is a nice mix of traditional and photojournalistic. While researching other photographers work, I wondered if I would look back on my album and know that it was a wedding or just a fancy party? I really like that we captured all the traditional family photos but also the sweet little details of the day (that I worked so hard on!).

He is a wonderful photographer and I wish him a long and successful future. Thanks Tony!

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have been following Tony's work for years. So it was a no brainier when we booked our venue Tony was next on the checklist. The pictures from our wedding are breathtaking. There are so many that we keep going back and finding a new "favorite picture". His style is versatile. For as many portraits there are just as many nature shots of how our little world was exactly on the day of our wedding. Tony Spinelli's heart and soul pours out of the work he produces. He is worth every penny for the long day of hard work and all the hours he spends editing. If you chose him, know that you can check that off and not think about it again till he sends you the proofs. Thank you Tony for everything you have done for us! We can't wait to make babies for you to photograph!
Marc and Melissa

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

To me, one of the most important parts of a wedding is the photos. They're the lasting memories of your special day. So when it came down to choosing our photographer, I wanted the best of the best. That's exactly what we got with Tony Spinelli. He was so great to work with. He made the whole process really easy.

We started with our engagement session and he really made us feel comfortable. My husband doesn't really like taking pictures but after it was all done, he told me how much fun he had doing it. Our photos were beautiful! We couldn't wait to see what our wedding photos would look like.

The big day came and it was raining...a bride's worst nightmare! I was so upset! All those beautiful pictures outside that I dreamed of weren't going to happen. Through moments of brief tears, Tony kept reassuring me that we would still get awesome pictures. He was right! We did have a short period without rain and were able to capture some gorgeous shots. I had my heart set on taking pictures on this beautiful bridge. After the ceremony we were going to head there but then it started to rain again. I was crushed. Tony asked if we still wanted to go. He said he had umbrellas and didn't mind going. I'm so glad we did. The photos from the bridge were amazing! Some photographers wouldn't be willing to take a risk and shoot in the rain. I'm so thankful Tony was. Those pictures are some of my favorites!

The amount of compliments we got when Tony posted our photos was proof that Tony was the best choice for us. Those who attended the wedding said one of the best things about him was that you never really saw him. He was like a ninja. He never got in the way but still captured all those priceless moments we will cherish forever.

I highly recommend Tony Spinelli to anyone who is getting married. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

• Wedding: 08/10/2012
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony Spinelli was amazing! He helped to make our day truly special. Tony and his father ( the other photographer) were professional, efficient, fun and most of all, produced the most gorgeous pictures! I had countless guests comment on our beautiful pictures. He was so easy to work with and he made us feel relaxed throughout our wedding day. I would 100% recommend Tony for any occasion!

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Julia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony was wonderful to work with - I could not recommend him more. He was professional, thoughtful, kind and accommodating.

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After Tim and I found our venue - The Riverview, we decided that our next most important vendor was the photographer. I was on the Riverview website and noticed how beautiful the photos were. I then realized I knew one of the brides in the photos! I immediately had to find out if she like the person behind all of these beautiful shots and wrote her a quick note on Facebook. She had nothing but good things to say about Tony Spinelli, so much so that her other sister had used him for her wedding as well!

Tony was unbelievable professional and very willing to accommodate our out of town needs. We first met him during our engagement shoot in Farmington, he has a great eye for light and backdrops that look seemingly normal until you see the photo and you realize how talented he is. Having never done a professional photo session before (besides high school senior portraits) Tim and I were very nervous. Tony explained "that's why we do engagement sessions - to get you used to the camera, buy the day of the wedding you'll be experts." He was totally right.

The day of the wedding arrived and Tony got to work - he blended in so seamlessly I actually found myself questioning afterwards if he had taken photos of specific moments. Sure enough he did, but he made himself almost invisible during really special moments.

What's really great about Tony is that he brings and assistant with him - so you get photos of both you and your husband to be getting ready. This was important to us because Tim was staying near our reception and I was at my parents house about 30 minutes away, allowing for great shots at both locations.

The turn around time to receive the photos was amazing, we literally were given all of them while we were on our honeymoon. It was so special to sit on our iPad at night and go through all of the beautiful moments that we had just shared and see them together as husband and wife. The day is such a blur it was really great to talk about what we were thinking during a specific photo or to see what you looked like walking down the aisle.

Tony honestly is an amazing photographer, I would recommend him (and already have) to anyone who is planning on getting married. We are so happy with our choice and you will be too.

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony was such a great addition to our wedding experience. He's very easygoing, professional and friendly; and his photographs speak for themselves.

We had 2 photo shoots prior to our wedding. We got the digital prints very promptly, which was great because having never had a professional photo shoot before, we were able to learn which poses cast us in a flattering light, as well as which poses to avoid for the next shoot. Tony's creativity and friendliness actually made the photoshoots a lot of fun. It was very much a 2-way street--Tony had tons of great ideas and suggestions, but was perfectly willing to add any that we had as well.

The wedding photos ran very smoothly, we even finished up with enough time to enjoy our cocktail hour. The pictures from all 3 shoots came out great, and there are so many of them!

A few months after the wedding, we met with Tony to design our album. The quality of these albums is ridiculous--a far cry from the ones you can make yourself in iphoto or online. The best part was that we didn't have to design it from the ground up. Tony had selected the pictures he felt were the best and arranged them in an appropriate layout by the time we met with him. All we had to do was swap out a couple of pictures and make a few minor adjustments with him. Overall, a very good experience. We would recommend Tony to a friend in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 11/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Truly amazing! My husband and I had the best experience with Tony Spinelli Photography. Tony is such a great person. Easy to work with, professional, extremely talented, and really listens to your requests and concerns. Had our photos within two weeks and our album shortly thereafter. I would recommend Tony Spinelli Photography to anyone! So thankful we chose him to take our wedding photos - wouldn't have wanted anyone else!

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
Courtney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I hired Tony as the photographer for our wedding before we ever met him. He came from the recommendation of a few friends and as soon as we saw his work we just hoped he wasn't booked the day of our wedding.
His works speaks for itself and he captured our wedding in an amazing fashion. To this day our pictures still amaze us.
He was also an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a blast the day of our engagement shoot and he was just fantastic the day of our wedding.
We're looking forward to working with him again for future events.

-Keith & Julie Falter

• Wedding: 10/07/2011
Keith
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony was professional, personable, and the quality of his work was outstanding. Leading up to the event he was available and checked in but he did not contact me too much. Friends and family are consistently impressed with the photographs and were very appreciative of Tony's ability to capture everything without interfering at all in our day. It was as if he was invisible. I would hire him again in an instant. In fact, my husband regularly tells me (whenever we show people our album) that Tony was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago