Sportsmen's Lodge Events Center

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.3 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding reception at Sportsmen's Lodge was simply incredible. The food was amazing and the service was awesome. We are so happy we got to celebrate our special day here.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sportsmen's Lodge was an incredible place to have my wedding and they were extremely accommodating. The hotel did a wonderful job with the ceremony, party and made guests extremely comfortable in the hotel. The grounds were so beautiful and the room had beautiful glass windows so guests could overlook the beauty outdoors all throughout the night. The hotel served wonderful food and guests were saying how great their appetizers, dinners and dessert were all night. The service was excellent and the staff were so friendly. I love this beautiful venue and would highly recommend that anyone looking for a place to have an event go to Sportsmen's Lodge.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa at Sportsman's Lodge was fantastic. She was easy to work with, despite the numerous times we had to gather and exchange thoughts in order to formulate the Big Day, and always on top of her calendar, making every meeting effective and worthwhile. Melissa extended above and beyond - responding to emails, questions and concerns almost instantaneously, making us feel important and taken care of. The location is also just beautiful, especially for a summer wedding and we were extremely happy with ours just a few weeks ago.

Xoxo,

Mr. and Mrs. Lerner

• Wedding: 06/09/2013
Kathy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Overall, the experience was great. I wish it was a little less pricy (and I wish that we tried to negotiate a little more), but what we got was better than I could've hoped for. It's funny, because at first I was not really impressed by the pictures of the venue, but decided to look anyway. Once there, I felt like I finally found our place.

The food was FANTASTIC! Although I heard good things, I was a little nervous about it until we were at our tasting. It was so good, we wanted to lick the plates clean. We ended up getting Beef Tenderloin with mushroom sauce, Salmon with citrus sauce, vegetarian lasagna rolls, Chinese chicken salad, and a few appetizers. We got a lot of compliments over the food during and after the reception.

The venue itself is very pretty and the reception room (Starlight) worked very well with our needs. I didn't feel like I needed to dress up the ceremony site (we had the larger site) too much, which saved on costs.

Melissa was super helpful and answered all of my questions (hundreds of questions) with professionalism and promptness. I was very pleased by her helpfulness. You may be able to negotiate more with the other catering managers, but I know that Melissa was very reliable. I only wish that I could have also had her help the day of our wedding to iron out any kinks. But that's why it's necessary to have a day-of-coordinator. For example, if Melissa were available, she might have been able to direct vendors. My fiance (now husband) happened to notice a florist set up our ceremony site with another couple's flowers (Sportsmen's Lodge has two ceremony sites, same day). If Melissa or another staff member were more present, that might not have happened, but again REALLY important to have a day-of-wedding coordinator because once the problem was noticed, it was quickly resolved.

Oh, and if you book here, please ask lots of questions about the contract. It seems more strict than I found the actual practice of the venue to be. For example, the contract may say one meal choice only, but I was allowed to choose 2 plus a vegetarian option, not counting anybody with a special diet for no charge.

All in all, I am very very pleased with how things turned out. All the staff was super helpful and professional. The food was fabulous. The catering manager was a great help. My guests really enjoyed the venue and a few people told me they've never been to such an elegant wedding :) That's a great compliment to the beauty of the venue (without having extremely outrageous prices tacked on).

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Could not have been happier with the quality, quantity, and taste of the food for our wedding. Everyone still raves about it.

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
Shandi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My ceremony and reception were both held here.
Melissa- our contact at sportsmen's- was really easy to work with. She was there every step of the way to answer all of my questions and the staff was great.
Our ceremony was outdoors in the North Gazebo. It was everything that I wanted, outdoors, gazebo, draping, it was beautiful and affordable.
The reception was held in the Cascade/Starlight room. Great layout. I especially loved the dance floor.
The food was great. The staff was amazing.
I definitely would recommend this spot to anyone planning their wedding.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
nhaggard21
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They made everything so easy for us. Having them able to set up everything and take care of planning the meals and everything made it so easy for us to thoroughly enjoy our day without the stress of having to coordinate different vendors. We were in the waterfalls room with a beautiful view on a beautiful day. Joanie helped us a lot.

• Wedding: 10/21/2006
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our reception was beautiful! The food was delicious and the guests had a blast!
The price was amazing and our guests commented that it was the most elegant reception they had ever been to.

• Wedding: 03/15/2008
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing job! Beautiful location. Staff was wonderful :)

• Wedding: 10/24/2008
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We are very happy with the service from this venue, our guest had a great time

• Wedding: 06/14/2008
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The only problem that we had was with the communication. We had planned on just renting one room to lower the cost, but they had added another room without us knowing until the weekend before and it was already too late to take it out. However, everything else was good. They worked with what we asked them and it went well. Overall, everything was great. The dining hall was just gorgeous. It is an excellent place to have a reception. The only drawback with the ceremony place was that it just was not the season that had many flowers, but over all it was still pretty.

• Wedding: 04/20/2008
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Beautiful. Well known. They let me come back in the morning to get my tablecloths and top tier of cake which they froze for me. I didn't like that I couldn't store my stuff here the night before so I ended up carting a ton of my boxes to my hotel room the night before, but I do understand the liability... Still think they could have a small room available or something. They do provide the catering which was actually GREAT, not just at the tasting either. A TON of my guests commented on how good the food was ay my wedding. They also provide linens, (which I didn't use), runners and chair backs (I used the sashes), silverware, 1 complimentary hotel room for 1 night, 1 microphone and speaker for the ceremony, any extra tables you need for gifts, sign in etc and I was able to stop in pretty much whenever I needed to look around etc.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The Sportsmen's Lodge had a beautiful patio and reception hall for our wedding. We fell in love with it as soon as we saw it and it was a good deal in comparison to other venues in LA County. The food was delicious and liked by everybody. They were very helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and the wedding day. During the wedding there was always someone there next ot us, catering to whatever our needs may be. I would highly recommend this venue to everybody.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In the end I had my Hollywood Dream wedding. I think with every venue you go to has issues, however, when things came down to the wire, the team at Sportsmen's made my dreams come true. Everyone has raved about the food, as the bride of course I did not get a chance to eat :). The setting was wonderful, all of the pictures I have seen so far look amazing. I know it has been a bumpy road for Sportsmen's since they re-opened, but I think they are back on track. The gardens look amazing and my room was beautiful (despite a recent fire).

• Wedding: 06/12/2011
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I chose this place for my wedding because the setting is absolutely exquisite. Everyone that came continue to rave about how beautiful the place was - from the outdoor garden and swan ponds to the huge glittering ballroom. Since my wedding was an Orthodox Jewish wedding, I was charged a very high fee to have a Glatt Kosher Caterer for the facility, so the cost was not great. However, for anyone who is doing a regular non-kosher wedding, their price is actually very good. Sadly, they will be closing their doors by the end of this year, so if you are getting married before 2009, I would grab the chance to get this place before they are gone.

• Wedding: 08/25/2008
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Its too bad that starting in 2009 this place will have new owners but this place is very reasonable for prices and it is a great place for a reception and for a ceremony. I loved this place and I would recommend it to any couple, but I am not sure if things will be different with the new owners in 2009.

• Wedding: 07/19/2008
818-755-5000
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards