Something Borrowed Portland Vintage Rentals

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I wanted to create an old-world elegance at our September farm wedding and Something Borrowed has one of the best selections of vintage rentals in Portland. We created an outdoor living scape complete with a vintage sofa, two large chairs and a coffee and side table and it looked amazing! I was worried it wouldn't be used, as it was too pretty, but it was constantly drawn to and our guests loved sitting in the home-y and intimate outdoor setting! Lane's customer service and website was great, and I appreciated that she offered her opinions. Thanks Lane! We highly recommend Something Borrowed for your event!

08/23/2014

I would highly recommend Something Borrowed Portland Vintage Rentals. Lane’ was wonderful to work with and gave me great suggestions/ideas/inspirations from her blog on vintage items/ideas I was looking to do at our wedding. The selections on vintage items are excellent and the prices are great! The little details from Something Borrowed really made our day so much more memorable and special to us.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I am from out of state and when we started to initially look at Portland for our destination wedding, I stumbled across Something Borrowed. I became excited to see their beautiful pieces to make those personal touches come to life and of course give it that vintage aesthetic. Lane' was so helpful. She would give suggestions and was very responsive. Thank you Lane' for all of your assistance!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Not only does Jill have an amazing stock of gorgeous and fun vintage rentals, she is so professional and organized. I would not think that little old me, who did not have much of a rental budget, would get such incredible attentive and helpful treatment. And I'm not talking about the kind of "attentive and helpful" treatment you get from someone on their first day working retail where you wish to god they would leave you alone. I'm talking about someone who actually facilitated the processes I already wanted by making them extremely easy, being very quick and thorough to respond when contacted, and then truly going the extra mile by sending a hand-written, thoughtful card after the wedding.

Something Borrowed Portland Vintage Rentals responded with the following comments:

Hi Lauren! I cannot thank you enough for such a sweet review. I will be sure to pass this along to our staff. You were such a pleasure to work with, I hope our paths cross again. Wishing you and yours best wishes!

Danielle
08/16/2014

This place is amazing - so swoon-worthy if you're a romantic! We were married on a farm and Something Borrowed had so many perfect items to convey that romantic, rustic look and feel that we wanted. They were also great to work with!

Ashley
08/15/2014

Working with Lane was wonderful. She was quick to respond to all my emails and anytime I called with a question. She also offered styling advice when I was drawing a creative blank. When my bridesmaids and I came in to design my wedding center pieces she was so fun and organized. She wrote down which item belonged to which table, making the setup much easier for my day of coordinator. All the pieces were in great condition and looked fabulous. I would recommended something borrowed pdx to anyone!! Fabulous all around!

Thank you so very much, Ashley! You were so fun to work with - I absolutely loved having you and your bridal party visit our warehouse to create your centerpieces. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We rented a vintage couch, two chairs and two end tables to create a lounge area at our reception. The furniture was lovely and people had a great time with it! Well worth it!

Thank you so much, Leslee! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your big day. We can't wait to see photo's!

Recently Married

Lane' from Something Borrowed was truly a professional to work with. She was communicative, responsive, helpful, creative, and truly dedicated to her craft. We ended up renting several pieces from Something Borrowed to add that extra vintage flair. We selected the pieces and included both delivery and pick-up with our rental. Everything worked perfectly and the entire process was a piece of cake. I thought working with Something Borrowed was an absolute breeze and exactly what it should be for a bride and groom. I am also so thankful for Lane's decorative advice in helping our venues look gorgeous.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Something borrowed provided beautiful rentals for our wedding day. Lane' was super responsive to emails and worked with my to change our rental order on several occasions. She even made a request happen for our sweetheart table that was not originally in her inventory. She was incredibly professional as was her delivery service.

Thank you, Whitney! The pleasure was all ours - we're so happy you liked the table we made for you. Everything was absolutely beautiful!

Kyle
07/26/2014

The staff at Something Borrowed were a pleasure to work with. Lane' was always very responsive and considerate in adapting my order when it needed to be. The products were beautiful, and guests at my wedding loved them! They added such a lovely touch to the day. I would absolutely recommend Something Borrowed to any bride and groom!

Thank you, Kyle! I absolutely loved working with you and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I wish you happiness and health!

Debbie
07/11/2014

Lane' at Something Borrowed deserves 10 out of 10 star!, I needed to plan a rehearsal dinner from the east coast that would take place at a public park in Portland, OR, the west coast! I had some idea of what I wanted but without Lane' help and the beautiful vintage rentals available from Something Borrowed's vast inventory, I never could have done it. Lane' guided me through different options and ideas when I wasn't sure of what to select and she answered my endless questions with patience and grace. She was professional as well as warm and friendly. When the day of my event came, I was lost as to where to start. Then, Lane' arrived and I immediately saw her go into action. She unpacked all of my rented items and brought my vision to life for the" Party in the Park". She was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I did not meet Lane' until the day of my event but I felt like she was a good friend who went out of her way to make my event perfect! She is a very gifted designer and I was fortunate to find her!

Thank you so much, Debbie! You were such a pleasure to work with - you felt like family! I am so, so happy everything was to your liking. I hope you made it home safely!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
Recently Married

I had a wonderful experience with Something Borrowed. I thought that their inventory selection was excellent, and everything came out looking exactly how it did on the website. I do not live in Portland was unable to see the items in person before hand so I think I added and took away items several times trying to figure out what I wanted. Lane was really accommodating and offered to help me choose inventory. I have to say that I love how everything turned out. I had a small intimate wedding and it made all these little details so much more important and meaningful.

I was also really pleased with the delivery of my items since my wedding was in McMinnville. Not only did everything arrive in the two hour window specified, but at the beginning of the two hour window!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Something Borrowed to fill in random decor that we needed for our wedding and did the pick-up and drop-off ourselves. Initially I planned on just getting a couple large chalkboards and was disappointed to see that we needed to have $100 min. But when I looked through their stock, I found lots of other things to fit our needs perfectly: mostly wooden signs with white paint lettering: "Just Married", "Thank You", etc. It was actually a great value and I was able to rent many things for the $100. We also rented a couple games from them and they were very kind to charge us a fair rate when some of the bocci balls were lost.

Thank you, Andrea, for taking the time to leave us a review. You were so wonderful to work with and very understanding on the bocce balls. We understand things happen and always try to work with our clients. I wish you happiness and love starting your new life together married! ~Lane'

Mekala
02/16/2014

Lane has excellent taste and an impressive collection of rentals, and was super easy to work with. Something Borrowed really made the wedding day unique and special!

Thank you, Mekala for the kind words! I'm glad I was able to help you with your decor needs.

Lindsey
02/15/2014

We rented a variety of items from Something Borrowed, including chalkboards, cake stands, vessels for flowers and candles, and other finishing touches. We had a blast choosing our rentals at the office and were impressed with the quality and selection of items. We ended up with some unique and unexpected pieces that made our party's decor. Lane' was a pleasure to work with, and her thoughtful touches are apparent in the quality of her rentals and in the care and attention she took in putting our selections together for our party. I would highly recommend Something Borrowed to other brides, and I plan on keeping them in mind for future events.

Thank you, Lindsey, for taking the time to leave us a review. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and I'm happy to have been able to be a part of your celebration and wish you both nothing but happiness!

Tabitha
01/04/2014

I would highly recommend, as I already have to anyone planning a special event that includes pictures. The convenience and the wide variety of items that are available to chose from make it a one stop shop.

Thank you, Tabitha! I cannot wait to see photo's from your wedding. Your dress was amazing and I loved watching your proposal video. You two are such a great and sweet couple!