Raw Photo Design

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Jager1219 17 Reviews
UPDATE:We just got the sneak peek of our wedding photos (1 week after the wedding) and I am BLOWN AWAY by them! They are everything and more than I could have imagined. I was impressed by our e-pics, but these are AMAZING! LOVE!

When I first started look at venues, I kept stumbling on couple's wedding photos at various venues that were done by RAW. I immediately fell in love with their work and knew I had to have them. When I first booked them, they still had Jill as the studio manager. She was OK in the beginning and when we had our e-pics shot in June of 2012, we didn't have any issues. Then after we took the e-pics, we had a lot of problems getting the photos. Jill was very unresponsive and it took 3 months to get the photos which we were really upset about - we needed them for our STD.

After that, C10 took over as studio manager. The second that they came on board, everything started working perfectly again. The photos came out wonderfully and they were everything I had hoped for. We got our guest book made up out of our e-pics (which came out wonderfully). Dominique answered our e-mails very quickly and a few days before the wedding, I had a chat with Eric to go over all the details.

On the day-of, Eric and his team (Amber and Jake) arrived on-time. They came prepared with our massive list of family photos that needed to be taken. They worked with our large bridal party to take photos outside, in the rain and I was so happy with how everything went. The family photos went perfectly - Eric shouted out names & we just lined up & went through them quickly (which was great b/c I wanted to spend the bulk of our time taking bridal portraits & bridal party photos). They also pulled us for a few photos in the evening and their timing was perfect since they did it when the band was taking a break. I think that having Carla as the new management was the best decision that they could have made. Eric is really talented and I'm so glad that they are under new management.
Wedding: 05/11/2013
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Cat 13 Reviews
When I was looking to do a boudoir shoot for a groom's gift, Raw Photo Design was my first choice. I saw many 5-star reviews of them online, but overlooked the 1-star review. I wish I hadn't!!

They were very responsive prior to the boudoir shoot. The day of, the hair and makeup was flawless, and it was such a fun shoot. They definitely know what they are doing in terms of photography! Unfortunately, the customer service experience after the shoot completely negated any talent they may have.

They began by missing the date by which my photo proofs were supposed to be posted by. Within the contract it said six weeks - they took almost THIRTEEN WEEKS! Although they assured me there was still plenty of time, I didn't care - they broke a contract, and with almost NO response in between! I emailed numerous times and their "assistant" kept pushing me off saying things like, "The photos should be posted within a week."

After getting the proofs, I then attempted to order an album. Again, they were very responsive for the ordering process. However, once again they became less than unresponsive once the album was ordered. As the date of delivery drew closer, I contacted to see if everything was on schedule (I had not heard from them in months). I ended up spending months emailing, calling (3 different cell phone numbers) weekly and at times daily, and even showing up at their "office" during their hours of business (but no one was ever there!). The DAY OF THE WEDDING, the album appeared on my door step. At this point, I was gone from the house, so the GROOM was left to find this package! Although I received the album, I ended up booking with another photographer who actually cared about my business and did a phenomenal job. Thank god I did not use Raw for my wedding photos!

I COULD NOT BE MORE DISAPPOINTED.
Wedding: 10/26/2012
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.5
Our experience has been utter disappointment and we would NOT recommend Raw Photo to any other couple–not worth the money, not worth the heartbreak. We fell in love with RPD for their unique pictures and editing style that was unlike others. Unfortunately, after paying a premium price we do not have any of those wedding photos we fell in love with. We had issues with RPD from the beginning – difficult to get ahold of, poor communication, didn’t return emails, etc. They were late arriving to our e-pics session, sent us the e-pics 3 weeks late, messed up our engagement album and sent it to us over 4 months late, etc. However, these were small problems considering the final outcome. The wedding day came and went without too much of a problem. We waited over 3 months for a preview of our pictures before contacting them multiple times, with no response. After more than 4 months we sent a breach of contract letter and asked for an update. We got our online access 2 days later, but they weren’t edited in the style we fell in love with, there were pictures missing, and there were NO family pictures. We contacted the new management and it was only then that we were told Eric’s memory card had corrupted and we would not have any of those sentimental pictures (i.e. no couple portraits, no ceremony pictures, except for 2nd shooter views from a distance (which are blurry), and no family photos). When we asked why we were not informed of this first (why did we have to ask for these omitted pictures? Why did it take over 4 months to inform us?) we were told Eric “felt the 2nd and 3rd shooter photos were good enough”. After a month of recovery attempts Eric finally contacted us for an apology (through email). We were told a different story from what the new management told us. The way we have been treated throughout this experience has been inexcusable. Although RPD agreed to a full refund, we will never have those sentimental pictures of our wedding. Save your money.
Wedding: 07/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Using Raw Photo Design for our wedding was a great experience from start to finish. Eric and Amber are professional, fun, easy to get along with, very accommodating and supportive of our ideas. They shot our engagement session, our save the date photo, and our wedding and we could not be happier with the results. I would like to say that our experience with Eric & Amber has turned into a personal relationship where by the end of our wedding journey we felt at ease and beyond comfortable working with them. We did not want a traditional approach to wedding photography. We wanted edgy, fun, creative, and photos that told the story of our wedding day. We got exactly that, after seeing our wedding photographs we could not be more pleased. We were blown away by the end result. I can't tell you how many compliments and inquiries we get about who did our wedding photos and how we can get in contact with them. I would highly recommend using them! Thanks guys for the amazing job from start to finish! Our blog post by them: http://rawphotodesign.com/new-haven-lawn-club-wedding-in-new-haven-ct-lindsey-james/
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Eric is amazing! He was very professional and energetic.
Wedding: 06/01/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Photography was at the top of the priority list for us. We didn't want to end up with traditional, boring wedding photos. When we came across Raw Photo Design, we knew that we could stop looking. Eric and Amber are super talented, fun, and totally edgy. The have ideas, incredible vision....and they take risks. Those risks pay off BIG TIME in your photos. We were on our honeymoon we saw the "sneak peek" of our photos on their blog....jaw dropping. Every shot is perfectly lit, thanks to Brenden (lighting assistant who sacrificed himself time after time to light every shot!) So many people have commented that our wedding pics look like they were ripped out of a bridal magazine. They have a very premium, almost editorial look. Simply stunning.

We don't have all of our photos yet, but I wanted to share the massive LOVE for Raw Photo Design for any brides considering them for their wedding. Don't wait....call them today!!
Wedding: 05/26/2012
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Anonymous 2 Reviews
I've been complimented by friends and family from the photos that appeared on the blog after my wedding. However, trying to get information about any details from this vendor is near impossible. Their studio "manager," Jill, does not respond to emails or phone calls. It took about 4 months for my photos to appear on the blog, and I still have no idea when I will see any of my pictures, let alone receive my albums. When I inquire in email, I don't even get a response. Four of my friends have gotten married this summer and all of them have their photos back along with CDs of all of their images. While Raw Photo definitely is talented, I would not recommend them for wedding day coverage. I think they should just stick to Boudouir photography. Save yourself from the disappointment from wondering where your photos are and go with a company that actually responds to your inquiries.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I used Raw photo design or my wedding in mid October. Although I had a great experience at the wedding and I am sure I will be happy with how the photos turn out I am still waiting to see anything from my wedding. I has been 14 weeks since my wedding and there is a definate lack of communication between the photographer, editors and clients. I had emaile them 12 days ago expressing my disappointment in how long it is taking for me to see my photos and I recieved an email saying that they would speak to the photographer and get back to me. I did not hear back from them so I emailed again 2 days ago again expressing my frustrations but have yet to hear from anyone still. All I want to know is how much longer I have to wait for my photos. I have people I know who got married after me who have already had their photos for over a month now and it is hard for me to understand why it is taking over 14 weeks for me I get mine.
Wedding: 10/15/2011
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

megan 1 Reviews
To be fair, can't yet comment on the quality of the photographs, but my experience with Raw Photo Design has not been great thus far. I purchased a boudoir photo shoot with them and had the pictures taken back on May 15th. I purchased a seperate package to have my hair and makeup done by their stylist and in hindsight it was a complete waste of the $150 dollars. What they considered as a "hair style" was putting a curling iron in my hair and making about 4 curls. Horrendous. Additionally, it's almost a month since the date of my photos and I haven't seen ANY proofs yet, nor have I gotten a response to any of my emails regarding timing. Needless to say, even if the pictures are great, I will NOT be using them for my wedding.
Wedding: 09/01/2011
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I was going to wait til I received my album to review the service in full, but as it's been 18 months since my wedding, I don't want to wait longer. I really love the pics from my wedding. And I really loved working with Eric and Amber and Bart the day of. But the studio manager Jill caused so much stress leading up to the wedding. She DOES NOT respond to communication, nor is she reachable by phone. And in working with Janet on our album, we're encountering more of the same non-responsiveness. I did not receive any communication from Raw Photo about starting the album, I had to initiate that. Given that they have ALL of the payment, they should be a little more responsible for completing the package. Since starting to work on the album, it's been about 6 months with very sparce communication and no real answers even when an email is returned. My advice for brides - DO NOT PAY IN FULL IF YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES AN ALBUM!!! They have no motivation to finish their services with me at this point and I feel incredibly helpless and frustrated!!! And it really makes me sad to write this review, since like I said, I really enjoyed working with Eric and Amber and I like the images. But the business side of Raw Photo Design is an utter turn off - really ruins the experience
Wedding: 07/23/2011

TMH27 1 Reviews
Eric and his team were beyond amazing, from start to finish! They were there for us the whole day, so supportive and very, very helpful! While we have somewhat crazy families, who were not always the easiest to photograph, they were amazing, never complaining, and just doing all that they could to get the most important photos taken!! Our photos are breathtaking, and we cherish each and every one of them!! We are forever grateful to Raw Photo for capturing our wedding day so beautifully!!!!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One of my favorite things about a vendor is when you know you don't have to worry about a thing. That you don't have to provide step by step detail and instruction to insure you get what you want. You can rely on their pure talent, professionalism, and flexibility and dont have to stress for even one second. With Raw Photo Design you get exactly that. You get a team of photographers that are so amazing and incredibly talented, they come into your event 100% prepared and absolutely rock it! You will have some of the most unique, artistic, creative, and beautiful images to capture your special day. They have some amazing packages and we would totally recommend the photo guestbook and the photobooth! Basically you can't ask for a better photographer than Raw Photo! My sister used them for her wedding, I used them just recently for mine, and my friends that are getting married soon are also using them! Once you get a glimpse of their work you just have to have it for yourself!!!
Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
PURE GENIUS! If you want the most cutting edge fierce and amazing photographs of a life time, you have to go RAW! Eric and Amber are so talented there work is truly magic! Not to mention you don't even know they are there or can find them on your wedding day they are incognito and shooting all the candid and precious moments that capture the amazement that goes on your momentous day! I dislike taking pictures and Eric made me want to be a model just because of how comfortable and how easy going he was through it all. I would give them out of this world ratings because 5.0 out of 5.0 does not serve them justice!
Wedding: 04/23/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We received so many compliments and amazement at the beauty of our wedding pictures. Eric knows how to make pictures really unique and really takes charge of the picture session so that you can just relax and enjoy it. I love our wedding and engagement pictures and highly, highly recommend them!
Wedding: 04/16/2011
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I was overall satisfied with my engagement and wedding photos. The issue is the lack of communication, timeliness and overall client service. It is hard to understand the amount of time it takes to receive digital photos. I would estimate 90% of the pictures taken are not retouched so 3 months seems implausible to view such pictures online. Further, it took another 2 months to receive the DVD. My ultimate frustration lies with the complete disregard of communication after the wedding (the wedding album process). The staff hired to assist in this task are useless. After completing the design of my album I was told it would take 6-12 weeks for production. Instead after multiple emails sent to check on the status (with no response), it was finally available more than 5 months later. There was no explanation as to the delay or timely communication of when I could expect it to be completed. Further, the quality of my album was nothing like those shown during our consultation at their offices. Instead, I could have produced the exact album myself on snapfish or the like. Unfortunately the album is fully paid for prior to the wedding. In addition, a friend who was impressed by my photos hired Raw Photo for her own wedding. I did warn her of their communication issues. With that being said, never would I have expected for her to have an even worse experience than my own prior to her wedding date. 6 weeks of endless emails and phone calls with minimal response to schedule engagement photos is inexcusable. It is now 2 1/2 months shy of her wedding date and she is considering alternative photographers. I feel awful that I contributed to her hiring such an unprofessional and disorganized vendor. In an industry that is saturated with talented professionals, the pictures are not enough to satisfy a client expecting the highest standards while paying the highest rates. I hope they can improve their communication skills, timeliness and create efficiencies in their process.
Wedding: 10/30/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have nothing but positive things to say about Amber and Eric. When shopping around for a wedding photographer I was definitely looking for something different and less traditional. Raw Photo Design gave me both of those things and more! Every photo looks like it came out of a magazine - they definitely know how to make a bride feel beautiful! They also work really well with a rowdy wedding party! They know how to command attention without being pushy. I highly recommend Raw Photo Design to any bride who is looking for over the top photos for her special day!
Wedding: 08/21/2010
 203-494-2256
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire