{Photography by David's Bridal}

• Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I signed up for the photography back in september. the lady that was helping me told us that it was easy once we agreed to have them do our photography it would be stressfree and simple. Ha this is MOre than a joke!!! Since then, I have not been able to get onto the website to fill out any of the paper work, When i call i get the run around, I have spoke to 5 different people trying to get this fixed and nothing has been done. The woman that helped us in the begining is no longer there, when i call to make my payment they tell me that i can not do it over the phone i have to drive to there store and make the payment, they have been telling me that im going to be contacted by a photographer, which i have NOT yet recieved any phone call or any contact from. I made the biggest mistake of my life going with Davids Bridal photography. When i told them that i was going to cancel if something did not change they didnt care. they had no concern what so ever. I have less than 10 months to go before my wedding and I have yet to get anything from them, no call from the photographer, nothing. When i spoke to Jess(the girl that first helped me) she said they were having problems with "customer service" and there were working on that to get it fixed. How do you not return any of my phone calls, e-mails, messages???? I am very sorry now that i didnt look further into this and actually sit down and read all of the reviews and think this thru. I have lost all respect for davids bridal! I guess this just goes to show the bigger the company the less they care about the customer!!
{Photography by David's Bridal} responded with the following comments:
Vanessa, I am sorry to hear you have had a stressful experience. I want every one of my brides to be stress-free on their big day. I have tried to contact you to discuss your experience. Please call me back at your earliest convenience so that I can work to make this right for you!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our photographer was wonderful!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Very disappointed at the photos taken at my brother's wedding. I'm a former art student with an eye for what looks good. Many of the photos have too strong of a flash used at close distance, improper depth of field/flash sync and the black and white photos look almost infrared, giving faces a ghostly 1800's-era look. Oh and that's not to mention the photographer paid no attention to the horizon line as a lot of the pictures have the subject slanted at angles. Are you kidding me? A quick comparison to the online gallery of an old friend of mine who is now a wedding photographer shows a huge breadth of difference in the caliber of photos he takes for weddings and what the photographer David's Bridal was able to offer. It was a beautiful fall day with perfect lighting and in situations where soft late afternoon light was abundant, the photographer STILL opted to use a direct camera-mounted flash unit rather than play off the natural light or bounce the flash as is the proper technique to avoid flat, pale-looking portraits. Most of the photos look completely amateur because of the flash destroying the natural lighting, I'd be horrified if these were the only pictures I had to pick from from my wedding day. I had some candid photos of me taken on a point-and-shoot the same day which, with a little color correction turned out looking far more professional than any of the images the "pro" photographer took. I give a solid 2 out of 5 stars based on the (lack of) quality of the pictures he captured.
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Private User 2 Reviews
My dress was perfect- the associates I worked with were great- but the alterations were a pain. the woman was arguing with me about what I wanted. it was very frustrating.
Services Used: Dress & Attire

Private User 1 Reviews
Six weeks later and I am still waiting for proofs....have not seen a single picture yet...honestly not sure if they even have them. WOULD NOT recommend these guys to anyone. No one can believe I still have not seen my photos. If I had know they were going to take this long I would have gone elsewhere. Six weeks to see a proof is entirely too long....
  • Flexibility:  0.0
This company is an absolute joke, failed to meet the expectations listed on the form THEY gave me to complete, dissatisfied with the photos, and they don't respond to any phone calls/emails, anything. Worst experience ever, I am crushed I don't have any photos I am happy with from the biggest day of my life. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.
Wedding: 08/23/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
the worse place to do business with It has been almost a year and NO BOOK AND NO CONTACT FROM THEM. AFTER SEVERAL CALLS I THINK I WILL GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK .

DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM THE MOTHER OF THE
GROOM.
1.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Overall we were not very happy with our photographer at all. He took very few posed shots and the ones he did were not centered properly. They had the parking lot in the background instead of the beautiful hedge that would have been the background if we had all taken 10 steps to the left. Unfortunately he didn't tell use to do so. He also had everyone looking into the setting sun so we have a lot of squinting pictures. It was a beautiful venue, unfortunately for some reason he didn't want pose the group in the many possible locations. I would definitely not recommend using David's Bridal for your photographer. They entice you with the discount you get when you buy your dress there but they should really stick to the dress selling business.
0.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I had my wedding in May and signed up the contract with David Bridal Photography last year. Before we signed the contract with them, the coordinator Kate works in Dedham, MA told us that they have photographers in different styles and will find the one fit our request the most. However, after they took our credit card information, she never contact us. NO body even asked me what kind of picture I would love to be taken in my wedding.
I got the name (only first name though) of the photographer for my wedding 3 weeks before the wedding. I never had a chance to see his works, never got a chance to discuss with him or the coordinator what style of picture that I like. My pictures came out like a graduation album, no background. everyone has to line up and pulse for the picture taking. that not want I want at all!!!
I am not mad at the photographer. BUT I have been telling to the coordinator that I want something NATURAL (of course before the contract was signed, as I mentioned, they did not even bother to ask what style I want, no formal paper written. But since I have been telling her all the time, I assume she knows), and she is so helpful that she found the photographer that carries completely another style and assigned to my wedding.
Me and my husband was so disappointment after we see the photo. We have been called them so many times since our wedding, and evantually they said they will refund some of the money if we do not like the pictures and will not develop any album. WHAT???? what a joke?!!! Thats the only pictures that I have taken in my wedding, and of course I will need them also they are not what I want!!!! SO HELPFUL!!!
STAY AWAY FROM DAVID'S BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Please do NOT use photography by Davids Bridal.
Not only did they loose my credit card number. Tried to over charge me. Never sent my pictures I ordered or album (They claimed I gave them the wrong numbers even though they only gave me one set of numbers) but our pictures are TERRIBLE!
Out of focus, off center. Basically the backs of every ones heads. Didn't get the shots I requested from her. Ohh... and not a single picture of my mother and I!!!!
Janis Kushner was our photographer. Sure, she was nice. She ACTED like she wanted to make us happy. In the end she did an awful job. I had to hire someone to photoshop all our pictures to make them halfway decent.
I cry every time I go through them. Our friends took better pictures then she did. Ohh yeah, AND every time she saw one of our guests taking pictures she yelled at them and told them to "go away" and that they "weren't the photographer here." Ugh!!
Wedding: 04/27/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
David's Photography has be so extremely unprofessional that I can barely even put my dissatisfaction into words. If you go through the reviews on this page you can see how many negative ones there are. Would you trust your most important day of your life with them? I unfortunately did and will be paying for it forever. Not a single photo looks like it was taken by a professional. They are blurry, unfocused and unflattering. The comments given by David's Photography under the complaints are as cold and rigid as their consultants and photographers. Don't make the same mistake as I did. David's Photography should be out of business.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Were both in the military and were sent in different location of the continents, and our wedding was set for San Francisco, CA. Gladly a local David's Bridal, Springfield, VA was able to assist us with my dress, professional photography and videography. This saved so much time and they had a payment plan that made it affordable for us. Thanks again David's Bridal!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I chose Photography David's Bridal for their amazing price, but I was really pleased with the photographer I got. I was so nervous and stressed on my wedding day, but my photographer from David's Bridal helped the day go smoothly and made me feel at ease. I recently reviewed the photos online, and I am in love with them all. She captured the perfect moments, and I love the way she touched them up as well. I am very happy we went with them.
Wedding: 03/16/2013
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I signed up with Photography by David's Bridal for couple different reasons. One, their price is very comparable with other vendors --- they offered discount since I also bought my dress @ DB. Also, they offer financing through DB's store card. Two, the package included 8 hours of service at up to 4 locations with unlimited numbers of shots with FULL COPYRIGHTS given to me! This, I like. Also, it included extras such as prints in different sizes, and photobooks. Three, we thought to simplify process. DB said they selected photographers carefully to represent their brand, so we agreed to give them a try (I asked for sample of works of the photographer assigned to me prior to the event).

Not sure what to expect. Prior to the wedding day, the (Corporate) event coordinator would call to check on us, or go over details, etc... I wanted nice photographs for my once-in-a-lifetime event. My photographer was Adam Alexander. Adam is very easy to work with. He was fun and made us feel comfortable. Communication was very easy with him. I emailed him my wedding plan, which he replied stating would accomodate our requests. Overall, I am satisfied with the service, but I am waiting for the final products (which they said will take 6-8 weeks). I hope the final products are great photos, so I can look back at my wedding (through his photographs) 30 - 40 years later.

PS: For now, Photography by David's Bridal gets 2.5 stars for the Quality, however if the final products are superb photographs, then Photography By David's Bridal will surely get a 5 stars from me! Nevertheless, thanks, Adam. It was certainly very nice to make your acquintance! Grateful couple, Ivan and Meike.
Wedding: 02/23/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Awesome photographer & videographer! They listened to every request we had & our night was absolutely perfect! Thanks again
Services Used: Photography, Videography
0.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Ladies, beware of Photography by David's Bridal!!! We paid for a premium package and received absolute horrible service!!! They never even looked at our photography guide, I didn't receive an event coordinator before the wedding, I even had to call the photographer on my way to the rehearsal dinner to make sure he was coming! Let's not even discuss all the pictures that photographer NEVER took! The company is refusing to fix the problem. I even spoke with the Vice President of Photography and she didn't even acknowledge the fact that we were treated horribly. We were married in November and had our package booked since April. We are still waiting for them to make a decision regarding our compensation for their treatment. In the book they give you it says "we'll provide you with a photographer who exceeds your expectations, and who knows how to make you and your special day look absolutely gorgeous, in the style you prefer." IT IS ALL LIES. For the sake of your memories, stay away from David's Bridal Photography!!!
{Photography by David's Bridal} responded with the following comments:
I am extremely sorry to hear your photography experience was not what was expected. I take your concerns very seriously and I am glad we had a chance to discuss your concerns. As per our phone conversation, I have had notified the photography team about your feedback. I know that I cannot bring your day back and capture the pictures that were missed; however, I hope that our resolution meets your desired expectations. Thank you for all of your time and please continue to reach out to us should you need anything further.
Compare Now