Parkway Florist Inc.

Parkway Florist Inc.

Favorite
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Amelia
05/09/2015

Working with Cheryl from Parkway Florist was a great experience! My daughter & I met with Cheryl to discuss wedding flowers for the reception; the flowers were fabulous! Our wedding was held over Mother's Day weekend; I know that Parkway Florist was super busy but they took wonderful care of every detail. The arrangements were fresh flowers; just exactly what we ordered, so beautiful; our guests commented on how beautiful the centerpieces and the special arrangements were. I would recommend Parkway Florists to anyone having an event.

Recently Married

Beautiful white rose centerpieces for our reception. Cheryl and staff are very friendly and professional. Highly recommend. Reasonable prices

Parkway Florist Inc. responded with the following comments:

So glad to hear that you were pleased with our services. Congratulations again!!

Recently Married
3.1

Cheryl is very nice and the flowers were still beautiful, however they were not what I ordered and I was not notified about it. I spoke with Cheryl the week before the wedding to confirm my order and arrange final payment. The day of the wedding I found that the Matron of Honor's flowers looked identical to the bridesmaids flowers, the bridesmaids flowers were supposed to be all white and they arrived with yellow flowers and greenery. The contract even noted that I did not want any greens in any of my flowers. All of my flowers had greenery in them. When I called that morning to complain, Cheryl didn't seem very sympathetic and only said that they were making the flowers late the night before. She had a bit of an attitude as well. She should have checked her order and called me if she was going to be unable to provide the flowers as requested. She did offer a small refund but only on the matron of honors flowers. Very disappointed as Parkway Florist came recommended from a friend.

Parkway Florist Inc. responded with the following comments:

Our bride is correct. All the attendants bouquets were made the same because the flowers that we ordered for the Maid of Honor's bouquet were suddenly not in prime condition as we began to assemble the bouquets late on Friday night. We did not feel it appropriate to wake our bride at Midnight, so we opted to send a note of explanation with the bouquets. (Delivery location was over 1 hour from our store). The note was apparently not seen by our bride, and she called for an explanation, which we supplied. We did offer a small refund for the color difference on the Maid of Honor's bouquet, as well as an apology for the lack of color difference. I am sorry to hear that apparently that was not enough.

Jacki
10/05/2014

After a huge sticker shock at another florist, we met with Cheryl at Parkway and she was amazing. We told her our modest budget and she made wonderful suggestions that were absolutely perfect. She even spent time doing mock arrangements of our centerpieces before the big day and alerted us when she discovered what we wanted would be potentially dangerous (candles that became too hot). She delivered beautiful, fresh flowers on time and professionally for our wedding. I can't say enough good things about this florist!

Parkway Florist Inc. responded with the following comments:

Jacki, you were very easy to work with.....and it was fun working with you! I am glad to hear that you were so pleased with everything we provided. Congratulations again!!

Services Used: Flowers

Finding vendors was a part of the planning process that stressed me out the most. There are so many options and after awhile everyone's portfolio starts to look the same. For me my next consideration was price, but even then, after you find vendors who fit in your budget it's hard to make a decision.

From our first meeting with Cheryl I knew it was no contest - that I wasn't even interested in interviewing other florists. She is the fairy godmother of wedding flowers. So very kind, with a calming demeanor that instantly puts you at ease.

She was reassuring about every part of the *day of* logistics, and let me tell you, she did not disappoint! Our flowers were beautiful and oh so bridal!

Cheryl even left a hand written note for me the in the bridal suite, and sent a thank you card after the wedding day!

Just as a heads up to all brides, I've found that sometimes vendors aren't super responsive right away via email (which is why I rated a 4 for that category) but I've found that that's the nature of the business given how busy everyone always is!

I HIGHLY recommend Parkway Florist and am so very grateful for Cheryl's warm positivity and remarkable ARTISTRY.

Congratulations, Pittsburgh Bride-to-Be's and trust me when I say you won't regret choosing Parkway Florist to help meet your wedding flower needs!!

Parkway Florist Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you Allison, for allowing us to be part of your Most Important Day. We are very glad that you were pleased with everything floral for your wedding.

1+ year ago

Cheryl (the owner) was very involved. SHowed her a picture for bridal bouquet inspiration and that was all it took for her to make it perfectly!

Services Used: Flowers

We were a destination wedding so all planning was over the phone and emails. Cheryl was so kind and helpful. She had worked at our venue before and provided a wealth of information and suggestions. Without her it wouldn't have been so perfect. She listened to what we wanted and made our wedding dreams come true. Best service, best princes, best flowers hands down! You can't go wrong with Parkway Florist for you wedding flowers!

Karen & Chris
09/01/2013

Sheryl was great! She listened to my vision .... made suggestions on how to pull it all together --- the result was exactly what I was looking for!

1 Review
1+ year ago
3.4

I used Cheryl for my wedding and was very very dissapointed in them. In the beginning she was very helpful and I really thought she captured what I wanted. As time went on she was very irrirtable and very snippy. My flowers were NOTHING like I asked for and was extremely dissapointed when I saw them on my wedding day. Had I known I would have did the boquets myself and save thousands of dollars. My boquest also was just the tips of the roses with plastic stems, I couldn't even save them boquet. She also did not use the leaves I wanted at the bottom of the boquets either and I was very specific about what I wanted. All in all-Cheryl definately knows about flowers and is very educated in the field but I was very dissapointed in the end and would not reccommend her.

Services Used: Flowers

My flowers turned out beautiful! They were easy to work with and the cost was great for the gorgeous value!

Services Used: Flowers

We got married on a Friday evening at the airport Marriott. There was an accident on the parkway so we didn't have our flowers for pictures but Cheryl made it there for the ceremony! She was great and coordinated the ceremony. I loved my flowers,they were perfect! Cheryl was there all night - even ad I was leaving at 1 am she was there to see if everything was tour satisfaction (our wedding coordinator I didn't even see after the ceremony started!)!!

Services Used: Flowers

I contacted Cheryl about 3 months before my Memorial Day Weekend wedding. I thought for sure they would be too busy to accomodate my small wedding party. Luckily, I called just in time to reserve a place in their busy schedule. I gave Cheryl a vague idea of what I wanted for my bouquet and for my family's boutinierres (sp?) and corsages. As the wedding neared, I began to worry that I hadn't picked out something more specific. I even had a dream the night before the wedding that the flowers were not going to be dropped off. But when the flowers arrived with plenty of time before the ceremony, I couldn't have been happier! My bouquet was absolutely perfect! I wouldn't put it down. I carried it everywhere for 2 days. My husband's boutinierre was perfect as well. She completely captured the color and look we were going for. I would recommend Parkway Florist without any hesitations!

Parkway Florist Inc. responded with the following comments:

Cassie, I am so happy to hear how pleased you were with the flowers! We have not had a request for a Catalya orchid bouquet in a long, long time. It was our pleasure to fulfill your dreams! Congratulations again!

Services Used: Flowers

She did our reception flowers, and they turned out great. The centerpiece for the head table was terrific, and her flowers were part if our reception package for the tables.

Services Used: Flowers

Parway Florist did a great job with my flowers!! Cheryl was so nice and incredibly helpful. She walked me through each step and really thought of everything.
Rather than asking me questions about the day of she called my church directly and found out all the details. It was so nice to have one less thing to have to deal with!
My flowers were beautiful! I was very pleased and would definitely recommend Parkway Florist!

Anonymous
2+ years ago
4.7

Cheryl is not only a very knowledgeable and talented florist, but she was also so helpful and listened to all of my many ideas! I gave her photos of bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres that I liked and she did a really great job replicating them and still managing to keep us on our budget!! She was also able to get us the dusty miller I had my heart set on even though they don’t do well in cold winters. Cheryl and her staff also stuck around at the beginning of the ceremony to help me with my train and veil once my bridesmaids walked down the aisle. Parkway Florist is very well priced for the high quality, beautiful work that Cheryl does. We were very happy working with her and we definitely recommend her for future brides!!

Services Used: Flowers

Cheryl and her team were amazing! I hired Cheryl to be my day of coordinator and she did not disappoint. The flowers were amazing. I came in with a picture and a concept and she followed it to a T. The centerpieces were incredible and the room looked gorgeous. It looked like a spent 5 times the amount of money that I did.
Cheryl was so helpful on the day of, her knowledge of weddings and ceremonys and receptions is on point and her wisdom helped me get through my special day!
I highly recommend her. Their prices are amazing and she will work within any budget!!
Thank you!