Melissa Coe Ceremonies

Value
Flexibility
Stefani
07/25/2015

You will not find a more dedicated, kind hearted, and amazing person than Melissa Coe to marry you. From the start there was something special about her and it truly showed on our wedding day. Our ceremony was custom made and every detail about it was perfect. She gives you her all in making your day as meaningful and memorable as it should be. So many people commented on the ceremony during the reception, saying how wonderful it was, and I could say nothing but "It was all Melissa". She will melt your heart with her personality and smile. And she will do it while being completely professional and rocking her pearls. We can never thank you enough for all you did for us Melissa. You're truly the best!

Services Used: Officiant

Melissa did a wonderful job helping us create our ceremony. There were difficult detours getting to the venue the day of the ceremony, but she stayed cheerful and calm. Her energy and style, reading our ceremony, made it unforgettable. Many Thanks!

Services Used: Officiant

Melissa was a wonderful officiant! We booked her for our late June wedding after meeting her at a wedding show.
Melissa has a kind, warm personality that shows through when she's speaking with you, writing your wedding ceremony and when she's officiating your marriage. She really makes you feel like she cares for you and your happiness.
Our ceremony was unique and tailored perfectly to us. She let us edit whatever we liked and provided plenty of ideas and guidance when we were unsure.
She was game for anything we threw at her- a candle ceremony, tambourines, multiple readings, and confetti cannons.
Guests constantly told me how our ceremony was one of the best they had ever witnessed- they loved the uniqueness!
I would recommend Melissa as an officiant!

Izzy and Regina
06/09/2015

My wife and I hired Melissa to officiate our wedding ceremony and we could not have been happier with her services. She was professional, personable, communicative, and genuine. We felt she took the time to get to know us (via email, phone, and briefly in person before our ceremony) and was excited to be a part of our special day. She provided a comfortable atmosphere combined with fun sense of humor. We would highly recommend Melissa!

-Regina and Izzy Findlay
-Austin, Texas
-Wedding date: 06/09/2015

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

It's always such a surprise to meet a couple for the first time and instantly feel a mutual connection and rapport! From our earliest emails to actually meeting them the day of their ceremony in the hills of Amity, Oregon, their love for each other was palpable, sweet and significant. It was a gorgeous sunset with two beautiful brides who were thrilled to be finally married! Congratulations, Izzy & Regina!!!

Scott
04/11/2015

We feel so fortunate to have had Melissa officiate at our wedding. After being together for 22 years, with marriage now being an option for two men, we decided to make it official and have a great party for our closest friends and family. Our goal was to make it meaningful, inclusive and low-key, but otherwise had no idea what to say or how the ceremony should go. Melissa guided us through the whole process with a huge amount of support and enthusiasm. She had lots of sample texts for us to borrow from but encouraged us to customize. I love that we could.make it very meaningful without it being religious. She was responsive and professional and timely with the edits.
She was willing to drive to the Coast for our event and was early to walk us through what was going to happen. She connected to our guests and involved them in the ceremony. She made our 5-year-old son, who stood up with us, feel comfortable. The readings were beautiful and funny and touching because of her guidance, and she has a calm but joyful presence.. Everything was more perfect than we could have imagined when we started the process, and we received many compliments afterward. We highly recommend Melissa!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

These two dads were wonderful to work with! They were eager to move ahead with the legalization of their long relationship and very centered around being a family with their young son. Their wedding reflected their desire to be personal, intimate and meaningful but also with a bit of whimsy. Happy tears, contented sighs and a lot of congratulations from their loving friends and family completed their ceremony at the Old Wheeler Hotel on the coast. And I drove home with a ridiculous grin on my face because of how committed and in love these two men were. And positively over the moon about their son! Loved it!!!

Rhonda&Jill
12/28/2014

Melissa is pure JOY to work with! Her focus is to make this the most wonderful celebration of your love story and she is truly gifted when it comes to personalizing your ceremony. She braved a cold, rainy, waterfall-spray filled day with us and our closest friends to make sure that we had the most memorable and joyous wedding possible (and we did)! I'm sure that if we ever decide to renew our vows, if Melissa can't do it for us...we won't do it at all! Make sure you contact Melissa Coe for your Officiant. She is the perfect choice.

Brenna
12/12/2014

I don't really even know where to begin. Melissa is so much more than an officiant. She held our hands through family craziness. Her warmth, kindness, & witty sense of humor kept us sane. She took the story of our love and turned in into the most beautifully written ceremony, reading it still brings both of us to tears. What more could a bride want? Choosing Melissa as our officiant was the BEST decision we made while planning our wedding.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Brenna and Dave are so delightful, separately and together and the ceremony they envisioned was all encompassing of the love they shared as well as for their families. It was a stunning day on the Oregon coast in DECEMBER and the waves, mountains and weather in Neskowin cooperated to celebrate their love THEIR WAY and it was my delight and true pleasure to help them do just that.

Brian
10/05/2014

Melissa Coe is enthusiastic about her work -- her energy never fades. She helped us write a memorable ceremony that everyone loved. Throughout the process, she was assertive but comforting. Melissa was always available to work through questions or ideas. She’s a natural performer, engaging with guests warmly and earnestly. I highly recommend her.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Brian and Rene are generous and lovely and I was THRILLED to help them celebrate their love story and commitment! I adored the heart they put into their ceremony, their willingness to be both brave and tender at the same time while sharing their love with their family and friends from both the East and West coasts.
They are a very special, loving couple and it was my absolute honor and delight to be the one making their love “official”!

jason
09/20/2014

this lady will not only make your special day one to remember and exactly how you personally see it happening in your dreams but she includes all your guests in the event and ceremony and this changes everything and makes for the most moving shared experience.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Jason and Ronnie are such sweethearts - completely smitten with each other from their very first meeting to their wedding day and beyond! What an absolute JOY to celebrate their love for each other with the VERY enthusiastic approval and participation of all of those gathered while video sharing their ceremony with their families in Wales. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Private User
09/13/2014

Melissa was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding! We received endless compliments on the ceremony and her chemistry with the crowd. Everyone from my grandmothers to my college friends told me how much they loved the story, how personal it was and how they "never cry at weddings, but did at this one" :) It was truly tailor-made for my husband and I, and I could not be happier we met Melissa and hit it off. I would absolutely recommend her services!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

N and A are a wonderful couple, committed to a lifetime of loving each other. It was a beautiful day full of making memories while remembering those who could not be there either because of distance or who had passed. A particularly tender moment was their Ring Blessing when it was noted that..."his wedding band has special significance because it contains her grandfather’s wedding ring who is definitely here today in spirit and will always be remembered in this symbol, providing a firm foundation for their commitment to each other. Her grandfather was married to the love of his life for over 60 years and his ring will now be part of another love story." It was such an honor and delight for me to be part of their wedding day!

Private User
09/12/2014

Melissa was warm, engaged, enthusiastic and super knowledgeable. She helped us select our vows while encouraging us to modify and add to them truly making them our own. Her graciousness and kindness on our special day will never be forgotten!

If we could give her a 6-star rating - we would!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

These two ladies are so warm, loving, committed and JOYOUS in every way! I adored celebrating their marriage with them and their family members, excited to see their happiness and thrilled that I had the honor of pronouncing them "well and truly married!"

Susie
09/07/2014

Full disclosure - I am a Celebrant, and like Melissa Coe, create and Officiate wedding ceremonies. But the one thing I could not do .... be the Officiate at my own wedding last September!

Melissa Coe was the first choice for our Wedding Officiant, and happily, she was available! Her multitude of talents and experience helped make our wedding so touching and memorable. Because my husband and I were active partners in the creation process, and worked with Melissa to include ceremony elements that were meaningful to us, our wedding was truly OUR wedding. She offered great suggestions throughout the planning process. We are still hearing from guests that it was the best and most personal wedding they had ever attended. I give Melissa the well-deserved credit here because her creation and delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She is an excellent writer and our love story, which she delightfully wove into the ceremony, was a sweetly balanced mix of emotion and humor. Melissa is also a natural storyteller; the beautifully timed pauses and voice inflections kept the ceremony moving smoothly, our guests attentive and my husband and I smiling.

I also learned a monumental lesson from being THE BRIDE on the other side of the ceremony! Choosing Melissa as our Officiant was key, and because my husband and I helped create the ceremony and had given our final approval days before our wedding, we knew exactly how our ceremony would be officiated. No unwelcomed sidebar comments. And to my complete surprise, this really allowed the two of us to relax ....and be fully present with each other during the ceremony, and especially during our personal vows. Quite a gift for this somewhat harried DIY-er, list-driven, but deliriously happy bride.

Really, every couple has a different vision of "their perfect wedding." Melissa Coe was a great choice to Officiate our perfect wedding.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Susie and John are two people who just make you smile with happiness whenever you see them. Their joy, fun and delight in each other just spill over into everything they do, especially when they are together. What a compliment (& PRESSURE, LOL!) to be asked to officiate another Celebrant professional's wedding!!! And what satisfaction to see, feel and hear the unmistakable excitement of everyone there who were so, so THRILLED to see them get married! And I LOVED that they included 5 children from the neighborhood AND 4 of their grandchildren! Such a special, special wedding!

Services Used: Officiant

Melissa Coe is a professional, spend the money. She’s worth every penny and then some. In fact, I’d use Melissa for any family occasion requiring a celebrant also known as a wise, kind woman to bring people together. Her ability to capture my husband’s & my relationship in a ceremony that fit our personalities and blended spiritual beliefs was wonderful. Our families had a role in the ceremony, which was so special. I can’t imagine what our wedding day would have looked like without her there. The best part was the meetings before the wedding, the questionnaires and the editing—she was with us all the way and the process honestly made me feel ready and excited for our ceremony. Trust her process and you'll be glad you did when you have a smooth, happy day. Thank you Melissa for being a part of our special day!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Liz and John were sooooo much fun to work with. Besides the fact that they are crazy in love with each other, they also had an amazing love story (which included a Super Bowl Party and ceviche). And they loved knowing that EVERYTHING they wanted included in their custom wedding ceremony should, would and could be done -their wishes were my command and absolute pleasure!!!

Thomas
08/31/2014

As the groom I knew exactly who the boss was during the wedding planning process. My wife-to-be lived in Seattle and gave me one seemingly simple task…. find an officiant. After several underwhelming meetings with prospects I felt discouraged by the entire situation. I told my fiancée that it felt like the potential officiants were going to present the same wedding we have always been to. It just didn’t feel right hiring one of them for a day I that I couldn’t be more excited for.

Through a referral I met Melissa Coe and everything changed. Her enthusiasm for the wedding was just what I wanted to hear. I knew I was sold after we met for the first time. Melissa went above and beyond with the planning process. She was extremely organized, excited, and kept us on track throughout the months and weeks leading to the wedding. Every detail was on paper and thought of prior to the wedding. Melissa meet with us numerous times to capture every detail.

The best part was that this wasn’t your typical wedding. Everyone in attendance had a chance to experience our love, the college years, the first time we met, and many important moments. Melissa presented “The Cloutier’s” with a touch of humor and class. Her look & presentation appealed to everyone in the crowd, from grandparents to high school friends. I cannot tell you how many people came up after the wedding complimented how unique and wonderful “our love story” was.

Melissa continues to keep in touch with us. She truly cares about my wife and I. On your big day Melissa Coe is the perfect choice.

Sincerely,

Thomas Cloutier
Married by Melissa Coe on August 31, 2014

Services Used: Officiant

Working with Melissa was a wonderful experience. She is patient, kind, flexible, funny and a great person. Our ceremony was lovely and true to who we are because she took the time to listen and come up with creative ideas. Many people have told me that our wedding ceremony was truly the most heartfelt ceremony they've ever attended :)

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Andrea and Jeff are such a deeply loving, unique, intelligent and wonderful couple from different backgrounds and countries, who found each other (randomly!) at an Oregon Hash House Harriers run!!! It was soooooooo much fun to write their Love Story and to work with them!

Services Used: Officiant

Mellisa Coe did our ceremony for our wedding and she was fabulous! We had a friend whom she married and we liked it so much we asked her to do ours. Though we did not know each other before hiring her, she was able to piece our story together making it seem as though we had known her for years. This really gave the audience a sense of our relationship and made it that much more intimate. She weaved together humor and sincerity and did a fantastic job of highlighting the importance of our day without being cheesy. We had people tell us over and over how great a job she did for us and we could not have been happier. She was a cinch to work with despite our own hectic work schedules, meeting us whenever and wherever to go over important details. On the day of, we didn't have to do anything but be in the moment. Highly recommended!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Both J & J are very busy doctors with CRAZY medical schedules who bought a house while also planning their wedding - each of those things would make most people exhausted! But it was their great and deep love for each other that carried them through - and that's what they wanted everyone to see and know on their wedding day. What an absolute pleasure and honor it was to write their story, witness everyone's happiness to see them get married, greet their friends (many of whom I had met three years earlier at J & A's wedding), celebrate them AND to see Jason's grandmother Betty as their FLOWER GIRL (she said she had never been one before)! PRICELESS. What a great day, what a fabulous couple!!!