Melissa Coe Ceremonies
"Celebrating Your Happily Ever After, Beautifully..."
Oregon & Washington
Portland
OR 97034  | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no...

Profile   Reviews (37)   Deals   FAQ   Map
 (4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

jason 1 Reviews
this lady will not only make your special day one to remember and exactly how you personally see it happening in your dreams but she includes all your guests in the event and ceremony and this changes everything and makes for the most moving shared experience.
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Jason and Ronnie are such sweethearts - completely smitten with each other from their very first meeting to their wedding day and beyond! What an absolute JOY to celebrate their love for each other with the VERY enthusiastic approval and participation of all of those gathered while video sharing their ceremony with their families in Wales. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
Wedding: 09/20/2014

Private User 3 Reviews
Melissa was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding! We received endless compliments on the ceremony and her chemistry with the crowd. Everyone from my grandmothers to my college friends told me how much they loved the story, how personal it was and how they "never cry at weddings, but did at this one" :) It was truly tailor-made for my husband and I, and I could not be happier we met Melissa and hit it off. I would absolutely recommend her services!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
N and A are a wonderful couple, committed to a lifetime of loving each other. It was a beautiful day full of making memories while remembering those who could not be there either because of distance or who had passed. A particularly tender moment was their Ring Blessing when it was noted that..."his wedding band has special significance because it contains her grandfather’s wedding ring who is definitely here today in spirit and will always be remembered in this symbol, providing a firm foundation for their commitment to each other. Her grandfather was married to the love of his life for over 60 years and his ring will now be part of another love story." It was such an honor and delight for me to be part of their wedding day!
Wedding: 09/13/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
Melissa was warm, engaged, enthusiastic and super knowledgeable. She helped us select our vows while encouraging us to modify and add to them truly making them our own. Her graciousness and kindness on our special day will never be forgotten!

If we could give her a 6-star rating - we would!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
These two ladies are so warm, loving, committed and JOYOUS in every way! I adored celebrating their marriage with them and their family members, excited to see their happiness and thrilled that I had the honor of pronouncing them "well and truly married!"
Wedding: 09/12/2014

Susie 2 Reviews
Full disclosure - I am a Celebrant, and like Melissa Coe, create and Officiate wedding ceremonies. But the one thing I could not do .... be the Officiate at my own wedding last September!

Melissa Coe was the first choice for our Wedding Officiant, and happily, she was available! Her multitude of talents and experience helped make our wedding so touching and memorable. Because my husband and I were active partners in the creation process, and worked with Melissa to include ceremony elements that were meaningful to us, our wedding was truly OUR wedding. She offered great suggestions throughout the planning process. We are still hearing from guests that it was the best and most personal wedding they had ever attended. I give Melissa the well-deserved credit here because her creation and delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She is an excellent writer and our love story, which she delightfully wove into the ceremony, was a sweetly balanced mix of emotion and humor. Melissa is also a natural storyteller; the beautifully timed pauses and voice inflections kept the ceremony moving smoothly, our guests attentive and my husband and I smiling.

I also learned a monumental lesson from being THE BRIDE on the other side of the ceremony! Choosing Melissa as our Officiant was key, and because my husband and I helped create the ceremony and had given our final approval days before our wedding, we knew exactly how our ceremony would be officiated. No unwelcomed sidebar comments. And to my complete surprise, this really allowed the two of us to relax ....and be fully present with each other during the ceremony, and especially during our personal vows. Quite a gift for this somewhat harried DIY-er, list-driven, but deliriously happy bride.

Really, every couple has a different vision of "their perfect wedding." Melissa Coe was a great choice to Officiate our perfect wedding.
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Susie and John are two people who just make you smile with happiness whenever you see them. Their joy, fun and delight in each other just spill over into everything they do, especially when they are together. What a compliment (& PRESSURE, LOL!) to be asked to officiate another Celebrant professional's wedding!!! And what satisfaction to see, feel and hear the unmistakable excitement of everyone there who were so, so THRILLED to see them get married! And I LOVED that they included 5 children from the neighborhood AND 4 of their grandchildren! Such a special, special wedding!
Wedding: 09/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Melissa was a wonderful experience. She is patient, kind, flexible, funny and a great person. Our ceremony was lovely and true to who we are because she took the time to listen and come up with creative ideas. Many people have told me that our wedding ceremony was truly the most heartfelt ceremony they've ever attended :)
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Andrea and Jeff are such a deeply loving, unique, intelligent and wonderful couple from different backgrounds and countries, who found each other (randomly!) at an Oregon Hash House Harriers run!!! It was soooooooo much fun to write their Love Story and to work with them!
Wedding: 08/16/2014

Lori 1 Reviews
Melissa was such a joy to work with. She is a wonderful person, a consumate professional and was instantly a member of our family. My wedding was a complete success, thanks to Melissa. I asked her to create a ceremony that was unique and celebrated the love between myself and my new husband. The guests stated that "they just basked in the love" between us. One other stated that she "enjoyed the journey of our love". I could not have been happier. Dreams of the perfect wedding do come true and it was the people, and especially Melissa, which made this one so special. Please call her and just meet her for your Celebrant needs. I hope you'll love her as much as we do.
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Lori and John are such originals!!! Working with them was such a delightful, loving and creative process. From incorporating different elements from their family traditions to their wonderful love story - their approach to their wedding ceremony was fresh, outside the box and totally unique, just like the two of them. I adore Lori and John!!!
Wedding: 07/13/2014

Steve 1 Reviews
Melissa Coe was our officiant for our wedding on July 12, 2014. She was a delight from the first time we met her. She took the time to get to know us and craft a ceremony that was unique to us and very personable. She was professional, knowledgeable and paid great attention to detail. She always responded right away whenever we had questions and made us feel very comfortable. It was always about us and the ceremony with Melissa and we felt she was very sincere with her sentiment. We had several people tell us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed. I can't say enough about Melissa except that we would recommend her without reservation to officiate your wedding!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Steve and Anthony were amazing as well. From their love story and vows to the way they included all of their family and friends, their ceremony reflected them and their great love for each other - their joy was positively contagious! What a FABULOUS couple - it was an honor for me to help them celebrate their day!
Wedding: 07/12/2014

DBrohoski 2 Reviews
Melissa was amazing as our officient. She made preparation as easy as she could while getting what she needed to create the most special service I've ever been to (not to mention that it was my wedding:). We had a small gathering of 45 people who were all family members or life time friends. She had everyone in the audience laughing, crying, excited, happy - you name it - she brought out the whole range of emotions and made everyone feel like they were engaged in a very, very special ceremony. I personally heard compliments from at least half a dozen people on my wedding day of what a great Officient she is, and one of my friends who is getting married wanted her contact information for their wedding. I would highly recommend Melissa Coe to anyone!!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
It's always such a delight to help a couple like Denise and Mike celebrate their wedding. Their love story was wonderful and touching, their joy that they were getting married to the love of their life was infectious and everyone there was thrilled that they had found each other! It was a WONDERFUL day!!!
Wedding: 07/04/2014

Sara 2 Reviews
Melissa was wonderful to work with from our first e-mail through announcing us as husband and wife. She was professional, friendly, open, full of great ideas, and by far the best investment we made in our wedding day. She really took the time to get to know us and guided us in creating a ceremony that was truly personal and "us", one that our family and friends are still commenting on. We even had one guest tell us they wished they had found Melissa before they got married a few years ago! Ultimately, the ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day, and with Melissa we got everything we wanted and more than we ever hoped for.
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Sara and Dan were truly reflective of the kind of couples I LOVE to work with - personable, unique, sure of what they liked (or not) with a great sense of humor and TOTALLY IN LOVE, eyes and hearts wide open! They knew that their ceremony would set the tone for their entire wedding celebration and give their marriage a great start so they did it right - their way! It was an absolute pleasure to work with them!!!
Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We first came to Melissa with a strange but fantastic idea: to weave into our small and intimate same-sex wedding ceremony an Indochine cooking class that captured and reflected our individual cultural heritages and consummated into our new transcultural heritage together. As we conveyed our vision to Melissa, her eyes widened and pupils dilated—likely due to all the endorphins bursting with excitement in her brain—as ideas of our wedding began to vividly materialize, unfurl, and coalesce in her ingenious mind. // Upon meeting her, our fears and anxiety allayed immediately. We felt resolved and knew deep we could entrust Melissa to craft us a bespoke wedding ceremony and be ensured our guests had active roles in its unorthodoxy. Even through countless exchanges of ceremony drafts with follow-up phone calls and video chats, Melissa was always patient, kind, and adaptive. She even helped us coordinate/approve our venue because we lived across the country. In short, generosity describes her. // As with an unconventional wedding ceremony, woven in between periods that required guests to roll up their sleeves, drink wine, share stories, cook, eat, and share more stories, our wedding was long. Despite its lengthiness, we, our guests, the chef and her assistant, and the photographer could not stop from being enraptured by her genuine love, compassion, candor, wit, and gaiety throughout. And because our friends in attendance were spontaneously-inclined, she remained accommodating and curiously engaging. This genuineness of hers carried through until… has it ended? I don’t think it has. // Now, months after our wedding, Melissa continues to check-in and provide us with support in our union together, much like family. Thank you Melissa for creating and sharing in our wonderfully nostalgic memories from our wedding. // = new paragraph
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
I am both overwhelmed and humbled by the generosity of words and spirit that Colin and Ritesh have presented here. They are truly two of the most amazing, sweet, authentic and TOTALLY in-love individuals that I've ever had the pleasure to meet! Their creativity, intentions (in their cultures it is traditional for the families to cook the wedding feast. In the absence of much of their cradle family, we - their guests - became their family as we prepared the meal) and obvious delight over getting legally married was pure euphoria for everyone. I LOVE creating ceremonies which perfectly "fit" the couple, showcasing their love and lives together and Colin and Ritesh allowed me to do just that! Pure JOY!!!
Wedding: 05/21/2014

Melanie 1 Reviews
Melissa is low fuss, open, helpful and flexible while also being amazingly joyful, generous and celebratory. Highly recommend her.
Wedding: 02/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WE LOVE MELISSA!!!! She is the most wonderful and kind person! Incredibly genuine, and so funny. The moment you meet her, you feel like you have known her forever. My husband and I could not have been happier with our ceremony. All of our guests have been raving about how fantastic our vows were, and we have no one else to thank except Melissa. We couldn't believe how spot-on she was in capturing our personalities. We also really loved how she doesn't just do the same run of the mill ceremony, she really makes it all about the two of you. We can't wait to share many other memories we might have coming up, and remain in touch with her throughout the years!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Krista and David were FABULOUS to celebrate with!!! It was a very cold night in downtown Portland but their families and friends were soooooo excited to see them wed that their combined love and excitement warmed everyone!!! And it all spilled over into every aspect of their moment complete with Frank Sinatra/ Italian-ess references! I can't imagine a better compliment than continuing to be part of their lives!!! My thanks!!!
Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We first met Melissa when she officiated my best friends wedding. It was such an incredibly special and unique ceremony I knew that when the time came to get married, we would have to have Melissa. With my husband being Buddhist and me being a Christian I was at a loss at how we were going to both be represented and respectful of each others beliefs. Melissa made it a truly enjoyable experience. Not only did she marry us on our wedding day, but she helped us to discover more about each other. Considering we had been dating for 7 years before we got married that's saying a lot! Her passion for our happiness and our story was palpable in everything that was done and I feel that our ceremony was so truly unique, special and "us" and it was all because of Melissa!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Christine and Justin's "A Marriage Made in Hip Hop Heaven" was incredibly FUN, significant and soooooo co-creative! From speaking the words that the priest said in "Princess Bride" to hearing Justin's rap vows to his beautiful bride, their wedding was unique, profound and exactly the kind of wedding I love to celebrate: tru, tru wuv. However they wanted to express their love for each other in front of their family and friends, it was my pleasure to do so!!!
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough good things about Melissa. She was professional, organized, quick to respond, and so caring and sweet. She made our ceremony so unique and perfect for us and I know we will remember it forever. One of the best decisions we made was hiring Melissa and she was worth every penny!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
Jessica and Adam's love story was so unique, so filled with synchronicity and perfect timing... what a wonderfully loving couple. It was a joy to work with them!
Wedding: 08/31/2013

Whitney 1 Reviews
I was originally attracted to Melissa by her smile online and once we got to know her I knew why her smile was attractive; it shines through to her soul. The time she spent getting to know us prior to our wedding either through coffee, email, and/or interview, made planning a wedding a lot of fun. We worked closely with her to create a wedding that was personal to us and our needs/wants. We had a wonderful wedding and much of it is due to her. She is professional and also a lot of fun. We received many compliments from our friends and family regarding our ceremony and how greatly unique it was. We cannot thank Melissa enough and would definitely recommend her!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
I LOVED officiating Whitney and Balijeet's wedding: multicultural, lots of family and friends, yet intimate and personal. Exactly my ideal couple - in love, with a wonderful love story to be told.
Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Melissa was a true find! I was looking for an officiant in a sea of officiants I didn't know. But what I wanted most was a personalized wedding ceremony. How to accomplish this feat? Hire Melissa Coe. She takes the time, and I mean really takes the time, to get to know you and your partner. She has a multipage questionnaire in fact which allows her to learn as much as you want her to know about you. Her specialty I would say is crafting unique, personalized ceremonies that fit you and make your day memorable.
We wanted a Hawaiian ceremony. Not being Hawaiian didn't stop Melissa. She did her research, contacted her friend in Kauai, consulted the internet, and exchanged emails and conversations with our Ukulele player to make sure she made our ceremony as authentic as she could. Much kudos to Melissa for taking it on.
She also knows her stuff and took care of everything from the time she arrived until the marriage license was signed. What a relief to put the beginning of my marriage in her hands! Melissa was worth it!
Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:
It is soooooo much fun for me when I have a couple like DeVida and Eric who want something unusual and don't want the usual cookie cutter ceremony! I loved doing the research for their ceremony, practicing my Hawaiian and was so HAPPY that they didn't want me to wear a white mumu!!!
Wedding: 08/15/2013
 503-803-2385
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire