DJGreyhound DJ Services

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

DJ Greyhound is a consummate professional and was one of the easiest vendors to work with. We carefully vetted our other vendors and compared other options once we met Vern in person we knew right away that he was the one for us. We were happy to avoid having to meet other DJs and were confident that he would get the job done. He is priced competitively and provides 2 musical setups so that you can have music in 2 areas of the venue (e.g., ceremony and reception). He has a great selection of music, solid equipment, and is responsive and punctual. Other DJs seemed more expensive, pushy, and difficult to work with which was not our experience with DJ Greyhound at all. He provides documentation to ensure that all your questions are answered and makes you think about timelines and the music well ahead of time in the planning process before you are overwhelmed by other details. It was important to us to keep our wedding focused on family and have the DJ be low-key rather than the over-the-top DJs you often get at hotel receptions. Vern was happy to go with the flow and always had a wireless microphone available for all the speeches and announcements by the groom, best man, father of bride, etc. Most importantly, if you want a crowded dance floor at the end of the night, DJ Greyhound delivers. Are you still reading this? Seriously, just book him already!

Services Used: DJ

Vern was great and everything you would hope your wedding DJ would be: very responsive, completely professional, punctual, and friendly. Most of all, he really listened to us and played the music that our friends and family love! He definitely kept us on track and on time throughout the night, but was not an obtrusive presence. Highly recommend!

ETF
08/17/2013

I highly recommend DJ Greyhound. Vern miked our ceremony, announced the wedding party, and provided music for cocktails, dinner, and dancing. He is very professional and easy to work with. The planning sheet he provided made it very easy for us to pick songs/genres. Vern helped keep the event on schedule and kept people on the dance floor.

K
08/10/2013

DJ Greyhound was an amazing DJ who helped guide us through the process. He is incredibly organized, responsive, and helpful. His planning sheet was my guide for the whole wedding. You can tell that with him you aren't just another gig on his calendar, but people whose wedding day he wants to make incredible. At the end of the reception people were coming up and telling us that they loved the music! I would recommend his services to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Greyhound was awesome!! He is very friendly, hard working and gave quality service! He got all the songs we requested for our wedding ceremony and reception. He played songs requested by our guests. Continuous fun party!! Make no mistake he is the best DJ!! Hire him for your event and you will be very pleased!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

DJGreyhound was wonderful to work with - very friendly, well organized, responsive to all communication via email/phone chats, insightful to providing program layout advice. A big thanks to his terrific services overall for our wedding reception (6/29/13)!!

Private User
1+ year ago

Hire this DJ!! To be honest, I did not spend a lot of time looking for or interviewing DJs as I was working full time and going to law school part time while trying to plan the wedding. I hired DJ Greyhound after only a phone interview without even meeting him because (1) his rates were really reasonable; (2) he already had good reviews; and (3) I liked that he donated some of his proceeds to a good cause. He was also incredibly flexible with the set-up at my reception. My venue had 3 floors - cocktails on the first floor, dinner on the second floor, and dancing on the third floor. He used his main system on the first floor and his second system on the second floor. During dinner he moved his main system up to the third floor to be ready for dancing. And he didn't charge extra for bringing the second system! His music selections all night were spot on. He had my guests dancing the ENTIRE night - seriously the dance floor was never empty. And our venue let us stay later than planned, so he stayed later as well with no complaints. At the end of the night, he gave us a CD with all of our wedding songs on it.

Services Used: DJ

Vern was such a great choice for our wedding. We met up with him months befor our wedding to discuss what we wanted and more importantly what we didn't want based on our friends and family attending. Vern understood where we were coming from. He had the foresight to mention that the song we selected for our first dance was long and if we wanted to cut it short all he needed was a look for a nice tasteful fade. The day of the wedding Vern was not over the top except where it was needed (our introduction), kept the volume to where everyone had no need to shout to talk to one another, orchestrated all the toasts...and some extra toasts, and kept the music pumping to entertain both dancers and non dancers alike. We would love to hire Vern again but we both agree that our wedding was perfect and could ever be duplicated. We can't thank him enough! He is the best! PS- We were especially touched by the custom CD he made for us.

Jennifer
05/18/2013

DJ Greyhound emceed our wedding in May and we were so happy with his services. He is such a cool, classy guy and always has such a reassuring demeanor. His price point was even a little less than some other DJs we interviewed, and his contract terms were incredibly fair and generous compared to others. On the day of, we had to move our ceremony inside at the last minute, and he didn't skip a beat rearranging things and accommodating the new set up. So many guests complemented us on our music and his announcing style, and he did a great job keeping the dance floor packed. He also made us a CD of some of our wedding music to take home at the end of the night. We would most definitely recommend DJ Greyhound to others.

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Vern did a great job with our ceremony and reception, and we really had the dance floor jumping at the end of the night! He was extremely responsive and professional in all the lead-up to the event and played all the music that we requested- he also took requests from the floor (which we had previously indicated was fine) and the guests loved it!

Services Used: DJ

We contacted Vern about setting up a meeting for our wedding and had time set up later that week. He immediately impressed us with his laid-back style and enthusiasm for what he does. He walked us through the contract and answered all of our questions. Prior to the wedding, Vern helped us to organize our timeline for our reception. Vern had the best contract of any of our vendors, including moneyback clauses in the event of a no-show to keep us at ease. We are glad that Vern showed, though, because he kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. We requested party music, with very few specific requests, and Vern made all the right choices. We got so many compliments on our DJ and we would hire or refer him in an instant. If you want your guests dancing all night long, DJ Greyhound is the way to go.

Services Used: DJ

Vern was a very friendly, professional DJ! He wasn't one of those over the top, cheesy acts. He played most of the songs we asked for (let's be honest though, we love so many songs that there just arent enough hours in the day to listen to them all) and even gave us a CD with some special songs.

The only thing I wished for was the music and announcements to be a little louder. Don't get me wrong, the music was plenty loud on the dance floor, which was perfect! However, I wished I could've heard cake cutting etc announcements a little better. Hmm, maybe it was because I had so many people to talk to. Perhaps I should've had a headset :-) Other than that, Vern was spectacular! He made our ceremony and reception very magical!

Services Used: DJ

Vern was hands down the most professional, organized, detail oriented vendor there ever existed. I didn't have to worry about a thing with him. He took the initiative to call and make sure that he knew exactly what we wanted. I knew after the first time I met him that I wouldn't have any trouble with him. He was set up and ready to go by the time all the guests arrived and through the playlist we sent him, he was able to gauge the kind of music we wanted played and every single song played that night was a hit!! If I had to do it all over again, Vern would be the first person I would rehire.

Thanks again, Vern!!!! =)=)

-Lydia and Matt

Melissa
10/06/2012

DJ Greyhound is awesome! He made everything so easy. His extensive & detailed website was alot of help and he was always available when we had questions. He is very professional and he performed exactly as expected. Our wedding day was perfect! Plus we love the bonus CD he created with our special songs. I would highly recommend DJ Greyhound and definitely use him again!!

Services Used: DJ

The music was great !, THe ceremony music, the cocktail music and dancing music.. Vern is fantastic and so professional.. He is a great MC and kept us on track as well throughout the evening!!!

Services Used: DJ

Vern was great throughout the entire process, and often would email or call even before I thought to call him. Quick to respond, incredibly reliable and professional. His flexibility during our reception ensured that all the guests had an awesome time! He is definitely the kind of DJ you do not have to worry about. He was there early, adjusted to the vibe of the crowd and was hassle free. Don't think twice about hiring him!