Diamond Nexus
A world leader in diamond simulants
2500 North Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226  | map
Jewelry: Custom Accessories, Custom Engagement Rings, Custom...

Profile   Reviews (100)   Photos   FAQ   Map
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Kathryn 1 Reviews
I have the Luna solitaire as my engagement ring and I also have the Honey earrings. I have not had any problems with my ring and it is BEAUTIFUL! My fiance got this ring for under $1000 and if we had gotten a mined diamond ring of the same size (1.5 carat) and excellent cut, clarity, and color; the ring would be at least $15,000 and as a budget conscious girl, I don't even plan on spending that on the whole wedding. The shipping was fast (I live in Japan and have everything shipped to FPO) and emails were received throughout the order and shipping process. I have picked out a DNL wedding band and a right hand ring as well. I would recommend them to anyone!
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your purchase, Kathryn! We are so happy that you are pleased with our product and that you love the ring! Congratulations to you both on your new life together, and please let me know if there is ever anything I can assist you with! Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 07/24/2020
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I ordered earrings from Diamond Nexus during a clearance, and got an amazing deal. Unfortunately, I received an email two days later saying that the earrings I ordered sold out and they couldn't make another pair. I was offered a refund or exchange, just as anyone dissatisfied with their item would be offered. I spoke with Perry Weber from Customer Service, and he couldn't offer any discount whatsoever as an apology for DNL's mistake. By the time I was notified of the mistake, absolutely nothing remotely similar to the earrings I wanted was available, unless I wanted to pay 5 times what I had originally paid. Getting in touch with Customer Service was easy, but I was extremely disappointed in DNL for taking zero responsibility for their failure. Based on this experience, I'm very unlikely to order anything from them again.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hi, My name is Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to apologize to you personally for the inconvenience and disappointment you had when trying to order from our special clearance sale. Unfortunately, there were items that had limited quantities and due to an error with our order system, a few extra orders had been submitted before we could stop them from going through. I will do everything that I can in order to assist you in making your experience with Diamond Nexus a positive one. Please email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com and provide me with the name on the account so that I can look into options for you. Again, I am very sorry but I am positive that we can come to a solution for you. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 09/24/2016
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great alternative to high priced rings. I still feel that it is a little over priced for a CZ but it is actually a quality ring and great service if anything goes wrong with the stone or ring for your lifetime. My ring looks beautiful. Looks real and feels real. Only me and my fiance know the truth. A lot of people complain that they were fooled because they aren't real diamonds. I knew that all along but I can see where people would be mad if they didn't know. Now, with the lab created diamonds sold through them too, there should be less of an issue with that.
Wedding: 10/10/2015
0.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
We purchased my engagement ring 6 months ago. Both my fiancé and I are in school, so we couldn't afford a real Diamond. I decided to try this company out. I have had my ring for 6 months and the center stone is already scratched. I called to complain and all they said is they could put new stone in. Am I going to have to keep sending my ring in every 6 months? The ring looks horrible now, I got so ashamed of wearing it because of the scratches, that I preferred to take it off. Now I have a useless ring, and I'm out 900 dollars which we couldn't really afford to begin with. I should have just bought a smaller real Diamond, at least it would have lasted.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you regarding your ring and the repair issues that you have had. I am happy to offer assistance if you can please email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with your order number and name on the account. I am sorry that you have experienced scratches on your stone, but I can say that even a mined diamond can actually become scratched and if something came into contact with the ring causing this damage, there would be a chance that it was rough enough to also damage the metalwork as well. We should get the ring checked out for you and we will be more than happy to repair it to the original quality, and restore your faith in us! As a reminder for wear, we like to remind customers that they should always remove jewelry before exposure to chemicals or during any vigorous physical labor that might expose the ring to potential damage. I look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you repair the ring so that you can wear it proudly and enjoy showing it off again. Warmest regards, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Last December 2013 my fiance proposed to me with the Briar Rose ring, set with a 2 carat center stone. It is breathtaking. At first I was worried it would be to large, but I quickly got over that. It is a super attention grabber. I have had many people at work, and complete strangers comment on its beauty. I wear it everyday and have had no issues with it whatsoever. I have noticed that the center stone is slightly off center, but it is so slight that I only notice since I stare at it everyday. It doesn't bother me at all, if anything to me it makes it unique and mine alone. I didn't deal with Diamond Nexus directly but my fiance said their chat service was very helpful. We where traveling during the time he proposed and it was Diamond Nexus that recommended he ship it to a local UPS store since we where staying multiple places. He also commented about how it does take a fair amount of time to ship after ordering and anyone looking to surprise as he did should make sure to leave a good month buffer.
Wedding: 05/25/2015
  • Flexibility:  5.0
First let me say, I was pleasantly surprised, from the presentation of the boxes, the elegant wooden jewelry case, down to the actual pieces themselves.! Their Round Cut Studs are completely gorgeous and radiant! I was taken back by the clarity and sparkle that they offer! The workmanship is also very good and the size is perfect. They definitely live up to the quality statement advertised. These Studs are classic, elegant and simple. They would truly make the perfect Valentine's Day Gift!!! Every girl needs a pair of these beautiful Round Cut Studs!!
Wedding: 04/25/2015
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 1 Reviews
My son ordered a ring from diamond nexus to propose to his fiancé during the holiday season and so far it has been a nightmare. If the quality of the ring is anything like the processing and the shipping of the ring then we are in trouble! The many troubles we’ve had are too numerous to go into but the biggest problem is the shipping date. I’m the one that ordered the ring for my son due to his busy schedule.

First of all, the ring was supposed to have been ready by December 26th and ship out December 27th with overnight mail but now I’m learning that’s not the case. When I called in to question the December 31st date that was finally emailed to me in my confirmation order, the representative agreed it was a mistake but the ring would be ready on December 27th not the 26th due to the December 25th closing. Fair enough I said ok.

However, after calling back to see if the date was changed as promised I was told that it wasn’t. Even worse, I was told that the December 31st date was correct because the company was closed December 24th and 25th plus the order did not process the same day even though it was made before 2:00 pm Central time as noted on their website. I wish they had mentioned this when I was ordering! I would have probably shopped elsewhere!

Oh and to make matters worse, she said there is no UPS on January 1st so the ring won’t even get here in time for a New Year’s Day engagement! So disappointed! I wish my son had ordered from somewhere else. He may just buy a ring from a local jeweler and return this ring when it finally arrives because when it comes to a proposal, timing is everything and right now, the timing may be ruined!

Private User 1 Reviews
I bought two rings from this company, and I have been nothing but impressed. My fiance wanted an emerald center stone for her engagement ring, but a jeweler told her that could be a bad choice for daily wear due to the soft stone. I began looking for green diamonds, and found Diamond Nexus searching for those stones.
I had them create 2 custom rings (wedding band & engagement ring), using mostly mined diamonds from an heirloom ring. I'm sure we were a pain to work with (as we made tons of changes!), but they were great through the whole process. Their CAD design was wonderful, and the rings were gorgeous. Due to their replacement process, we ended up going with an emerald, since that had the true color my fiance wanted. We ended up using just one of their small diamond simulants to even out the wring balance (and I cannot tell it apart from the mined diamond they matched it to!) as well as their emerald; the rest of the stones I provided.
Their gold designer did a WONDERFUL job, and my fiance is thrilled with the rings. They also told me that it was a new experience for them doing a custom piece with heirloom stones, but we couldn't be happier with the results!
We discussed just buying the stones from them, and having a local jeweler create the ring, but the DN service made us use them. The CAD design made designing very easy, and the warranty on the ring for future service is outstanding!
We had multiple contacts at the company through this long & detailed custom process, and all of them were great. They looked out for us to save us the most money possible (choosing the best deal/sale available), and billing was simple. Finally, the ring was finished early, and shipped/received before the estimated receipt date! I would definitely order from them in the future, and would recommend them to anyone!
PS. We have had the rings for a few months now, she wears them daily, and we have had NO issues with loose settings, cloudy stones, or tarnished gold. GREAT!!!
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 1 Reviews

I don't normally write negative reviews but getting the Mina ring was the worst mistake ever. It is a gorgeous ring but I don't think it can even last until my August wedding. I had it repaired after the first couple of months owning it and they tried to give it back to me with a different stone missing. Now two more stones fell out! The integrity of this ring has been so severely compromised that I'm waiting until closer to the wedding to get it fixed. I'm actually considering not wearing it until the wedding day, to avoid the embarrassment of stones missing on my wedding day. What a headache.
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 1 Reviews
A week after my fiancé asked that I show him what kind of ring I wanted the movie Blood Diamond came on HBO. I was horrified at the thought of wearing a diamond that someone had to die for. I immediately stopped my search for a real diamond and looked for alternatives. I looked at mossanite, cubic zirconia, man made diamonds. Companies have good/bad reviews; most alternatives had pros/cons. The thing I like about DN is they have an actual store and a number to speak to someone. I never understood who pays thousands of dollars to a company that only provided an email address to contact. On a trip to Chicago I visited the Schaumburg store and was blown away.. The jewelry was flawless and the sales staff was extremely helpful. I tried on rings to decide the style and color of gold I wanted, and get sized. However, I just did not see "my" ring on that visit. Eventually I did pick a ring from the website and informed the Mr. On the day of my engagement, I was amazed at how beautiful my ring was. It is perfection. The center stone is less than a carat but because it is surrounded by a halo it looks huge. The intricate details on the band are more beautiful that any website photo or video will show you. I get so many compliments, even from men, about how beautiful and unique the ring is. It really is stunning and it is a ring that probably would have cost 5x what he paid for it. Now we have more money for the wedding, honeymoon, and a house. I am disappointed that it didn't come with a band and custom jewelry at DN isnt cheap. However, there are several bands that may work with and on my next visit to Chicago I plan to visit the store again. DN does not sensor its reviews so I suggest any man or woman planning to purchase read ALL of the reviews. Customers are really honest and when spending this type of money on something so special you have to make an informed purchase. It’s been 5 months and I still love my ring and have had no problems.
0.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I ordered a size 5 ring and received a size 6. DN refused to replace or correct their mistake. Very disappointed with Customer Service! While the ring looks nice they will not send the item I ordered as a replacement. They want me to ship the item back at my cost and modify the ring they sent me. Oh, and they want me to wait for the standard 7 to 10 business days once they receive it. That will end up being almost three weeks! I will never order from they again as the "triple" guarantee is worth zero is they wont correct their own screw-up!
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you after reading your review and offer my assistance. We do guarantee all regular purchases on our site with a full 30 day money back guarantee and exchange policy. However, items sold through our E-Steals clearance are sized and cannot be altered in any way so they are sold as is. Your review makes me think that perhaps you had purchased something that cannot be sized as it is premade. All regular orders are made per order and will be able to be even exchanged for other sizes, provided you pay for the shipping charges outside of the first 30 days of purchase. E-Steals cannot be even exchanged but can be traded through our 1.5 times trade up program.This would mean that a new ring would be put into production for you and this does take 7-10 business days, as all rings are made as ordered unless being sold through clearance. I would need your order number to look into this for you to see what had happened and how we can help you if you email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com I would be more than happy to assist you. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Warmest Regards, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
My fiancee purchased a beautiful ring from DN... after 2 weeks of wearing the ring I developed a horrible rash on my finger. I called and was advised it was probably because I was not drying under the ring properly and water and germs were getting trapped. After several months of this issue it is not any better and I cannot wear my ring. DN provided no type of resolution to try and help with my situation. Their solution was to purchase a higher quality metal! All I want it to be able to wear my ring with no issues.......
Crystal-
We are so sorry to hear that you had, what seems to be, an allergic reaction to the metal. We don't know your order or what type of metal that you currently have, but suspect that it's white gold. It could be a reaction to either the rhodium plating or the gold itself. This is actually fairly common and many people don't realize it until they have a piece that they wear everyday-like an engagement ring. We sincerely apologize that you don't feel fully taken care of and look forward to working with you to find a resolution. Our Customer Service Coordinator Michelle has been briefed on your ring issues and looks forward to hearing from you. She can be reached at michelle.edwards@diamondnexus.com
Wedding: 06/21/2014
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
My name is Travis, 31, from indiana. My girlfriend and I have been looking at rings for awhile (5 months ugh..) and trying to find a ring that is both beautiful and financially responsible. Some of you are probably laughing as you know its nearly impossible!

After alot, I mean alot, of frustration my girlfriend out of the blue brought up lab created diamonds. I had never heard of them and was skeptical. beyond skeptical. We talked about it, did some research, saw some bad reviews of diamond nexus, saw some good reviews of diamond nexus and in the end we decided to drive to the diamond nexus store located in Chicago to take a look at them in person and judge for ourselves.

I've been visiting jewelry stores for 5 months, with and without, my girlfriend and probably have held somewhere around 2000 rings in my hand. I was pretty sure I could tell a quality difference in the stone and also the ring itself.....I couldn't. I thought if I breathed hot air on the diamond nexus stone it would fog up like a CZ.....it didn't. I thought the mined diamond ring we borrowed from a family member to compare to the diamond nexus would blow the diamond nexus away......it didn't....actually looked idendtical and on top of that the platinum band on the family members band looked cheap compared to the diamond nexus white gold band. We left the store in shock and walked directly over to "big time" jewelry store that startes with a Z and rhymes with whales:) and started trying on diamond rings. Bottom line the diamond nexus was better. Why? Quality was just as good, stone just as shiny, and had fewer imperfections which I immediately noticed in the Z store (rhymes with whales) and the price value doesn't even compare.

Hopefully this helps other couples out there. I am an average guy working a 9-5 job who just wants his future wife to have a nice ring. I just wanted to share my real life comparison test.
Thanks, Travis

Wedding: 06/13/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
Great place I love my ring I'm so glad we went with them they're awesome
0.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Hi, I am the bride to be and the issues I've had with this ring has brought me to tears from both embarrassment and being extremely dissatisfied. As I type up this review my ring is making an obnoxious rattling noise because the main diamond is loose, again!

My fiance proposed to me this past Oct 2012 and I was so excited. At first glance the ring was beautiful. Within about 30 minutes I noticed the mil work on the sides of the ring was very poor.

When we got back from our week long trip my fiance called customer service but they said since it had been over 30 days since he originally purchased it he could not get his money back nor get a brand new one. All they could do is fix it at no cost. No cost being a lie since you have to pay for shipping. This was extremely embarrassing since I was newly engaged and our friends and family wondered where the ring was. It took 2 WEEKS from the time we sent it out to the time we got it back. I told people that i had to get it resized when they asked where my ring was.

When we received the ring back from DN I noticed that they tried to fix the mil work on the side but the quality was ok, still looked like an amateur jeweler worked on it. Literally within the next day the main diamond started to become loose again and rattle. Wow, was I upset. I talked to a customer representative and they said they can't do anything about it except return it back to them to get it fixed once more. I asked how can I expect DN to fix it when they didn't the first time? I can't keep returning it over and over again.

We had an engagement party after we received it from getting repaired so I could not send it back. Now with the holidays I can't
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I would like to offer my assistance. Please email me at your earliest convenience at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com. with your name and the order number so that I can look into this for you. I understand that your engagement ring needs to be perfect and I want to help assure that the ring is repaired or remade, depending on what the issues are, so that your faith in Diamond Nexus is restored and you have a beautiful ring back on your hand and ready to show off every day. I would want the same from my engagement ring, which I actually own from our company. So you are in company by working with me. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: Recently Married
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My fiance was skeptical when I showed him Diamond Nexus. We live on the west coast and there are no stores here to visit. I have two pairs of stud earrings from DN and absolutely love them!! I wanted a diamond that I KNEW was conflict free. Luckily, he followed my lead and did some research of his own on DN. My ring is absolutely beautiful!!! I compared it to my grandma's $16,000 2 carat stone and you can't tell the difference. Needless to say my grandma was also shocked. The quality of the ring is great. It feels very sturdy and is great quality. My fiance also said that the customer service was great. He had purchased one ring that when he received it he didn't like it as much as he had online. He exchanged it without a problem. He surprised me with a beautiful ring and a beautiful proposal in the middle of the airport. Thank you Diamond Nexus for my amazing ring!!!!!
Wedding: Recently Married
 800-509-4990
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire