Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Jacksonville, FL
904.519.8933
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.9
4.1
Flexibility
3.8
2.8

The shopping part of my Davids Bridal experience was good. They took very good care of me. I changed my mind about my wedding dress, and they worked with me to switch it out. The alterations portion of my Davids Bridal experience was a complete nightmare. Claimed I changed the pick up date on my receipt, forgot to press items that I found crumpled up in the bottom of the dress bag, ridiculous pricing, and a lot of time standing around waiting for them to finish with other customers when I had an appointment.

2.4

I bought my wedding dress at David's Bridal. I have looked up reviews and know they have a great selection but their customer service isnt the greatest. After look elsewhere, i had no choice but to go. The first time I went I brought my bridesmaids, my mom and future mother-in-law. The lady who was required to help us was rude. She judged me quickly when I told her I was the Bride (I look young for my age) and didn't care less who I brought with me to shop and when my wedding was. She did ask me what "style" i was looking for and once I explained, she pulled out dresses without my approval and told me to try them on, she didn't allow me or my bridesmaids to look around. I wasn't having that Bridal moment. Trying on dresses and potentially finding "the one" is suppose to be fun and memorable. David's bridal didnt give me that. Even the other two times I went (2nd was to get the dress i found online and 3rd was for alterations) their customer service was horrible and it seems like to be hired to work there, you have to be disinterested in Love and hate the idea of marriage and happiness. I know that is harsh but having the same experience 3 times was horrible. Plus, my dress was on sale for $500 but after alterations (which was an awkward experience, lady was rude and unresponsive to anything i said) I paid $800 for my dress! crazy!!! I LOVED my dress...HATED my experience at Davids Bridal.
my wedding:

MrsT
03/22/2014
4.2

Great plus size selection. I got the dress of my dreams but I went through a few different consultants to get there. At this location there is a lot of cattiness between the consultants and they talk badly about one another to the brides. One of them actually left me in the dressing room and forgot about me. Once I found my last one I made sure buy buy the dress because I'd rather her get the sale form it because she was the best one I had had. As far as Davids in general, I would recommend it, but maybe another location.

1.5

The dress buying went well and my consultant was amazing....However that's where my good experience with David's Bridal on Southside Blvd in Jacksonville Florida ended. Their alteration department was ridiculously expensive and took way to many "tries" to get the dresses correct. I finally just picked them up and my mother fixed hems, straps etc the day of my wedding. It was so bad, they took a panel out of my flower girl's dress (she was only supposed to have the hemline altered and straps adjusted) that wasn't supposed to be removed and we had to sew ribbon on the dress to make it close the DAY OF the wedding. Buy your dress there and then walk away.

1.6

i got my dress from davids at tje avenues my experience there was wonderful. my consultant wad great and i found the right dress for my wedding. however i had a bad experience at the davids bridalon atlantic blvd. i made an appt for my mother to find a mother of the bride dress. we had to wait pass the appt time.then we haf to run around and find the consultant while she tried to juggle two and three brides at a time. that was frustrating..then the manager was very rude when asked questions about the alterations.

1.6

On all three of our visits, we have found the staff to be unfriendly and unaccomodating, as though they could care less about our business. On the first visit, I stood at the counter for close to ten minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge me. After finally hunting down an associate and requesting my daughter's bridesmaid dress from the back, it was retreived, though the associate didn't bother to thank me for my business or ask me to come back. Second visit...unremarkable. Third visit...my daughter asked to try on two dresses at 5:55. The manager, Karen, said that since they closed in an hour, we would have to make an appt and come back. She was very rude, and said that some people decide to try on more than two dresses, and therefore we need to schedule an appt. for an hour and a half. Seeing my dismay, she said my daughter could try them on if she really wanted to, but it was obvious by her attitude that she didn't really want our business.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Loved my dress & the fact I have not seen it on anyone else. Just the fitting ladies are a little hard to understand.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

David's Bridal was absolutely wonderful with me and my girls. We were given prompt service by friendly women, and they were able to multitask well and offer helpful advice and honest opinions. I had lost weight and they allowed me to exchange my unused long bra for a new one a year after purchase, and spent time fitting me properly for it even though I hadn't had an appointment. I was also able to call and ask questions without feeling like I was imposing.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had an excellent coordinator/consultant, Rebecca, at the Shoppes at the Avenues. I had my bridesmaids choose their own individual dresses within the length, color and fabric choices, so I ended up coming to the store five times -- once to pick out my gown, twice with different bridesmaids selecting their dresses, picking up the gown and then purchasing the (massive) undergarments and selecting the veil. Each time, I really just wanted to get in and out... and I'm happy to say that I was able to do so every time in less than an hour, even though they were willing to spend much more time if needed.

They try to be very organized and on top of the bridesmaid dress ordering, but they did miss that two of my bridesmaids had made their purchases timely and would leave me stern/dire voicemails. Everything else was good.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Loved my invotations. My invotations came in exatly what I ordered and in the time span they stated. I also bought my dress from Davids Bridal. My dress was perfect and it came in before they said it would ...loved that part.

2.7

Well I found my dress at Davids bridal on southside blvd in Jacksonville. The manager was very pushy and insisted on me opening an account. I put the dress and undergarments on layaway. Dress, veil, bra and slip. Well our wedding is outside so I decided I wasnt going to do the veil, instead I will be doing a few flowers because I have short hair. It will be very hot in june. So I ask about cancelling the veil and they said no. The veil hasn't even left the store!!! So, if anyone wants a free $150 veil I have one. The consultant Mo is wonderful. The rest are not! Get your dress and get out of there fast.

Private User
2+ years ago
0.0

OMG this was the worst experience of my wedding. Once I found a dress, I was told it was discontinued and I would have to take the one off the rack, so I went back to the drawing board. I found a second dress and was talked out of not getting a petite (which I should have because the cost for alterations were more than half the cost of my dress) and told that I could get my dress without a train (which I found out later was not true).
My alteration experience was horrible (other than Fairy). I have to come back 5 times because everytime they altered something they messed something else up and the cost was ridiculous. $250 to hem and take in my dress!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Davids Bridal was very easy to work with, each person that helped me from there was fabulous! I had a great dress shopping experience. The wedding dress salesperson helped me in every way to get fitted for the perfect dress! I got the dress that i wanted and for a very reasonable price, it was all super exciting (especially going to previous expensive stores)!! I got plenty of compliments on my dress! Thank you guys!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Jen B. at the Southside location is out of this world awesome. I recommend any bride to book an appointment with her. She was so helpful, sweet, and just sweet!

Melissa
1 Review
02/27/2012
2.4

While my consultant, Rebecca, was wonderful and seemed to understand what I meant when I would say "not to poofy, but kinda poofy", and was quick to come up with dresses that I adored until I found one that fit perfectly, was the right price for me, and just within my budget; there was another woman who througly displeased me. I'm not even sure what her name was or what her job was, but when I told her I was having my reception in a pool hall, she made a sneering face and I felt rather judged for having a low budget wedding. Little does the woman know that my parents refuse to help out financially at my wedding, and my fiancé and I are forced to plan our big day around a budget of $1000. I was almost embarrassed to share the rest of my southern/beachy style wedding ideas (I was tickled when Rebecca adored the fact that am wearing my purple cowgirl boots) and was even more irritated when I was checking out and the same nasty woman tried to convince me that I needed to look at a tiara and veil that were on sale. I told her "not today" and she repeatedly tried to tell me that today was the last day of the sale. Rebecca told the woman that those items will still be in store later, to which the woman replied "just look at that dress, they need the sale." I was appalled and couldn't get out of the store quick enough. In my opinion, you need more sweet girls like Rebecca, and less like the female grinch that made me feel like I was less important just because I am on a tight budget. I will not be coming back for any other services.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

As far as my dress and my bridesmaids' dresses go, David's Bridal provided an exceptional value. I got my dress for a steal! The alterations department did an amazing job with my dress and it was gorgeous on my wedding day. My only complaint is my mom purchased an undergarment and ended up not using it and David's Bridal would not take it back. The tags were on it, I had the receipt (it had been purchased with my David's Bridal credit card), and it was never worn, but they refused. They offered me a store credit, but at that point I didn't need anything else for my wedding. Other than that, great service!