Davids Bridal

• Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great plus size selection. I got the dress of my dreams but I went through a few different consultants to get there. At this location there is a lot of cattiness between the consultants and they talk badly about one another to the brides. One of them actually left me in the dressing room and forgot about me. Once I found my last one I made sure buy buy the dress because I'd rather her get the sale form it because she was the best one I had had. As far as Davids in general, I would recommend it, but maybe another location.

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
MrsT
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 1.0

The dress buying went well and my consultant was amazing....However that's where my good experience with David's Bridal on Southside Blvd in Jacksonville Florida ended. Their alteration department was ridiculously expensive and took way to many "tries" to get the dresses correct. I finally just picked them up and my mother fixed hems, straps etc the day of my wedding. It was so bad, they took a panel out of my flower girl's dress (she was only supposed to have the hemline altered and straps adjusted) that wasn't supposed to be removed and we had to sew ribbon on the dress to make it close the DAY OF the wedding. Buy your dress there and then walk away.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

i got my dress from davids at tje avenues my experience there was wonderful. my consultant wad great and i found the right dress for my wedding. however i had a bad experience at the davids bridalon atlantic blvd. i made an appt for my mother to find a mother of the bride dress. we had to wait pass the appt time.then we haf to run around and find the consultant while she tried to juggle two and three brides at a time. that was frustrating..then the manager was very rude when asked questions about the alterations.

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

On all three of our visits, we have found the staff to be unfriendly and unaccomodating, as though they could care less about our business. On the first visit, I stood at the counter for close to ten minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge me. After finally hunting down an associate and requesting my daughter's bridesmaid dress from the back, it was retreived, though the associate didn't bother to thank me for my business or ask me to come back. Second visit...unremarkable. Third visit...my daughter asked to try on two dresses at 5:55. The manager, Karen, said that since they closed in an hour, we would have to make an appt and come back. She was very rude, and said that some people decide to try on more than two dresses, and therefore we need to schedule an appt. for an hour and a half. Seeing my dismay, she said my daughter could try them on if she really wanted to, but it was obvious by her attitude that she didn't really want our business.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Loved my dress & the fact I have not seen it on anyone else. Just the fitting ladies are a little hard to understand.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David's Bridal was absolutely wonderful with me and my girls. We were given prompt service by friendly women, and they were able to multitask well and offer helpful advice and honest opinions. I had lost weight and they allowed me to exchange my unused long bra for a new one a year after purchase, and spent time fitting me properly for it even though I hadn't had an appointment. I was also able to call and ask questions without feeling like I was imposing.

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had an excellent coordinator/consultant, Rebecca, at the Shoppes at the Avenues. I had my bridesmaids choose their own individual dresses within the length, color and fabric choices, so I ended up coming to the store five times -- once to pick out my gown, twice with different bridesmaids selecting their dresses, picking up the gown and then purchasing the (massive) undergarments and selecting the veil. Each time, I really just wanted to get in and out... and I'm happy to say that I was able to do so every time in less than an hour, even though they were willing to spend much more time if needed.

They try to be very organized and on top of the bridesmaid dress ordering, but they did miss that two of my bridesmaids had made their purchases timely and would leave me stern/dire voicemails. Everything else was good.

• Wedding: 03/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved my invotations. My invotations came in exatly what I ordered and in the time span they stated. I also bought my dress from Davids Bridal. My dress was perfect and it came in before they said it would ...loved that part.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Well I found my dress at Davids bridal on southside blvd in Jacksonville. The manager was very pushy and insisted on me opening an account. I put the dress and undergarments on layaway. Dress, veil, bra and slip. Well our wedding is outside so I decided I wasnt going to do the veil, instead I will be doing a few flowers because I have short hair. It will be very hot in june. So I ask about cancelling the veil and they said no. The veil hasn't even left the store!!! So, if anyone wants a free $150 veil I have one. The consultant Mo is wonderful. The rest are not! Get your dress and get out of there fast.

• Wedding: 06/01/2012
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

OMG this was the worst experience of my wedding. Once I found a dress, I was told it was discontinued and I would have to take the one off the rack, so I went back to the drawing board. I found a second dress and was talked out of not getting a petite (which I should have because the cost for alterations were more than half the cost of my dress) and told that I could get my dress without a train (which I found out later was not true).
My alteration experience was horrible (other than Fairy). I have to come back 5 times because everytime they altered something they messed something else up and the cost was ridiculous. $250 to hem and take in my dress!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Davids Bridal was very easy to work with, each person that helped me from there was fabulous! I had a great dress shopping experience. The wedding dress salesperson helped me in every way to get fitted for the perfect dress! I got the dress that i wanted and for a very reasonable price, it was all super exciting (especially going to previous expensive stores)!! I got plenty of compliments on my dress! Thank you guys!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jen B. at the Southside location is out of this world awesome. I recommend any bride to book an appointment with her. She was so helpful, sweet, and just sweet!

• Wedding: 03/25/2012
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

While my consultant, Rebecca, was wonderful and seemed to understand what I meant when I would say "not to poofy, but kinda poofy", and was quick to come up with dresses that I adored until I found one that fit perfectly, was the right price for me, and just within my budget; there was another woman who througly displeased me. I'm not even sure what her name was or what her job was, but when I told her I was having my reception in a pool hall, she made a sneering face and I felt rather judged for having a low budget wedding. Little does the woman know that my parents refuse to help out financially at my wedding, and my fiancé and I are forced to plan our big day around a budget of $1000. I was almost embarrassed to share the rest of my southern/beachy style wedding ideas (I was tickled when Rebecca adored the fact that am wearing my purple cowgirl boots) and was even more irritated when I was checking out and the same nasty woman tried to convince me that I needed to look at a tiara and veil that were on sale. I told her "not today" and she repeatedly tried to tell me that today was the last day of the sale. Rebecca told the woman that those items will still be in store later, to which the woman replied "just look at that dress, they need the sale." I was appalled and couldn't get out of the store quick enough. In my opinion, you need more sweet girls like Rebecca, and less like the female grinch that made me feel like I was less important just because I am on a tight budget. I will not be coming back for any other services.

• Wedding: 02/27/2012
Melissa
1 Review
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

As far as my dress and my bridesmaids' dresses go, David's Bridal provided an exceptional value. I got my dress for a steal! The alterations department did an amazing job with my dress and it was gorgeous on my wedding day. My only complaint is my mom purchased an undergarment and ended up not using it and David's Bridal would not take it back. The tags were on it, I had the receipt (it had been purchased with my David's Bridal credit card), and it was never worn, but they refused. They offered me a store credit, but at that point I didn't need anything else for my wedding. Other than that, great service!

• Wedding: 01/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Good options, best prices, awesome counselors, simply awesome!

• Wedding: 11/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From buying the dress to alterations the team at David's was wonderful. I bought the dress in Feb 2010 and I had lost 40lbs before the wedding. They let me come in and get the dress in a smaller size and even let me change out my undergarments! They were all so helpful and wonderful from start to finish.

• Wedding: 11/19/2011
904-519-8933
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire