Classic Video & Photography

Classic Video & Photography

Your Life. Your Dreams. Our Passion.

The Carriage House at

• Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

This company has been a nightmare! The videographer they sent was completely obnoxious the day of our wedding. I thought the point was to make a great video while being unobtrusive?

Now that the wedding is all said and done, it had been NINE MONTHS and I was told our video won't be ready for another 7 months at the EARLIEST. That's 16 months after our wedding. We did everything we needed to get our video in time for at least our first anniversary and we still won't get it. I asked for a refund on the edited version so I could just pay someone else to edit it in a timely manner and I got a rude email from the owner stating that he doesn't have money to give us a refund so I have to wait. Apparently his wife died which is completely sad and I feel awful, but I paid for a service and signed a contract that stated my video would be done in 4-6 months. In his email he also told me that I needed to be patient because I'm too young to "ever have experienced loss". He also told me that my wedding video isn't important because he's going through personal things. I'm sorry but if you're running a business then it is COMPLETELY unacceptable not to offer some sort of compensation for not providing the services you've paid for in a timely manner. I understand people have personal issues, but I was paying for my wedding video, not throwing money around as a loan to a company who doesn't feel like editing my damn video! My husband and I work too hard for our money to be screwed around like this because we're "too young to understand."

• Wedding: 08/24/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The team at Classic Video helped to capture every important part of my wedding. They were wonderful to deal with and so flexible on the day of. We are so happy they were part of our day!

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister had used Classic Video for her wedding day and I loved her video. After meeting with Maria to discuss their style of work, I knew they would be perfect for my wedding day too. Maria was very helpful throughout the planning process and their new online customer page made it easy to track your payments and info sheets. I love their film style editing, and they offer several customization and upgrade options for you to get exactly what you want out of your video. The day of the wedding, we barely noticed the video camera and the videographer never got in the way of all the action. He was very unobtrusive and professional, and made sure to check with me for the family members we wanted video messages from. I can’t wait to watch the video and relive the fun!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I would not recommend using this company. It has been a year and a half since my wedding and I have yet to receive my final video. I do understand that the company went though some unfortunate upheaval. However, I do not feel that that makes it ok to:

-No response to phone calls
-Act in an unprofessional manner to clients
-Lie
-Take so long to send a product
-Send you the wrong product

They have been a hassle to deal with. You have to micromanage them in order to get anything from them. In addition, if you are not computer friendly they are not the company for you. They only respond to emails and you must to everything though their web based system. (I was ok with this but my mother, who was originally managing the relationship, was not.) Unfortunately, because we have already paid in full the only restitution we were offered were more copies of the video than we need or want.

On the positive side, the proof video I did see is decent. (A little cheesy but you can't ask for a reedit or else that would cost more $$) Also, we did ask for the cameramen to be as unobtrusive as possible and they were.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Classic Video and Photography of West Orange, NJ (www.classicvideoprod.com) for photography and videography of my wedding in November 2010. Every time I look at my photographs, I am reminded that choosing them was one of the best decisions we made.
I was recommended to Classic by a family member who used them for their video services. When we met with Maria to go over our wants, needs and options for our video, we found out photography was now being offered. Having no luck finding a photographer prior to this meeting, we were intrigued.

Their portfolio is incredible... they specialize in photo-journalistic style, with a touch of modern chic and traditional class. I couldn't describe it then, but as soon as I saw it, I knew it was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. We booked them on the spot for both services.
We met our main photographer Konrad for an engagement photo session, which was a fantastic experience (and practice for the big day!). The engagement pictures were amazing!
By the time our wedding day rolled around, Classic's staff (Maria and Rose) had crossed every “t” and dotted every “i”. The logistics for the day were completely ironed out ahead of time and I had nothing to worry about other than getting married.

Our 2 photographers captured more than 1500 shots and SO many were absolutely gorgeous photographs. For the duration of the wedding, the photo and video team stayed in the background. They never interrupted a single moment… they allowed us to enjoy every second of the day as it was meant to happen….Konrad, Bob and Bernard simply captured the moments. I almost forgot they were there at the church and at the reception, which is exactly what I wanted. Their professionalism and approach helped make our wedding feel like a moment in time – and not a production or a photo shoot.

When we got our proofs online (ps..they are all digital which is GREAT) I was overjoyed! Maria and Rose held my hand (almost literally) whenever I needed them while I chose the prints for our album – we initially chose 250 photos …there were so many great shots! When having a crisis trying to narrow them down to the 80 or so for our album– I asked for Maria and Rose for their help and to use their professional judgment….. and we couldn’t be happier with their choices! Our album is absoluting breathtaking. The best compliment we’ve received was from my grandmother -- a very strong, critical and opinionated woman --- said that our album “tells the story of our wedding so beautifully”. So many people have found it amazing that our album makes you see and feel the emotion of the day so vividly.

And those are just our pictures….We cannot wait for the video!

Thanks to Maria, Rose, Bernard, Konrad and Bob for capturing our big day and bringing it to life every time we turn the pages of our album.

• Wedding: 11/13/2010
Services Used: Photography, Videography
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5

*Pending video*
Great to work with, Maria is a sweetheart, and I'm very happy that my husband and I decided to get a videographer. Our videographer was very nice and professional. My only qualm was that I did not know who would be shooting the day of. I assumed it would be Bernard but it wasn't. Not a big deal, but I would've felt a bit better knowing who was shooting me. I am very excited to see how the video turns out! :)

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Classic Video & Photography on the Knot on my last attempt to find a videographer. I had planned on not having this service if I did not find someone with whom I felt comfortable. All the companies I researched were either too over-the-top or too amateur. CVP seemed to be just right for what I wanted--far from being amateur or over-the-top.

When we met Maria, part owner, I instantly felt a connection and comfortable. We knew we wanted to work with her company. She was very warm, professional, and well informed. She did not just try to sell us a product, like most of the video places I checked out. She showed off their finished work and allowed my now husband to give his input into what he would want different about our video. She was very understanding to our situation and limited budget; and was able to help us select, a la carte, the things we wanted most in our package. This is the coolest thing about CVP. They don't just have a few different packages to select, they have packages that begin from the very lowest price (basic) to the very highest price, to low price with a la carte. We chose the latter.

Maria talked to us about how her business began and where it is now. She discussed the videographers, including her husband, that they employ and their levels of experience. Even though her business is located in West Orange, and our wedding was taking place in Princeton, that did not affect the overall price.

On my wedding day, 10-9-10, the videographer, Bernard, was very punctual (earlier than expected), professional, and magnetic. He asked questions to get a feel and understanding of what I was looking for. He made me laugh a lot more than I though I would. He was very engaging with me and everyone at the wedding. Even though I did not choose CVP for my photography, Bernard knew the photographer and worked very well with him. There was never any bumping of head. Having him there confirmed that we made the best decision for our videography.

CVP is very organized about the process of producing the videos. They set up a website for us to input information to prepare for the day of and after the wedding, in an effort to produce our video. They send e-mail reminders for us to complete different things (pre and post wedding). Even though we have not received our video yet, I feel confident that the end result will be great. Hey, if it is not, you will hear about it...but I doubt that will be necessary.

We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Classic Video and Photography to any bride. They are CREATIVE, PROFESSIONAL and FLEXIBLE. We might have gone with them for photography if we had found their company sooner, but I am happy with what I chose because they worked well together.

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

CVP has such a professional manor - more importantly it is coated with a lot of extra love and attention. The creativity and balance of all tastes in the photography is top notch! We interviewed several other photographers - CVP had a the amazing quality, professionalism and options without the cost being so astronomical. They give you the ability to alter what you want in your package without the ridiculous high costs of doing so. The personalities of Maria, Bernard, Rose and photographers make your experience just over the top!

During the day of my wedding my photographer actually kept me on schedule! He had altered me that if I want to get the pictures that I wanted to fit in during the day that we had to move along a bit faster. If he had not spoken up - I would not have the pictures that last me a life time! During the ceremony and reception we didnt even notice the cameras! The engagement session was something that I did not know how much I really wanted - when we did it we had a BLAST!

Our wedding video is my favorite - we have been married a little over a year and I have watched the video 7 times! My favorite part is the one song review of the day. The more I watch it the more cinematography techniques I noticed!

I would highly recommend CVP above all other photographers (and I have been in a lot of wedding parties to view other photographers)

• Wedding: 08/06/2010
Services Used: Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

just had our wedding and our videographer was great to work with. Maria is a doll, she helped us out and we booked on short notice. we haven't seen the final product yet, but all of her sample videos has my mind at easy. if you want classy, give them a visit

• Wedding: 07/24/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

we really liked bernard. he was great. and maria was really helpful before the wedding. unfortunately we still have yet to receive our video so i can't say how the final product was (as yet) and they do take a bit long to produce the video- but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

• Wedding: 02/14/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the initial consultation to the final wedding DVD, my experience with Classic Video has been excellent.
The DVD was everything Maria had promised it would be, and my expectations were high after speaking with her.
I would highly recommend them to any of my friends.

• Wedding: 08/29/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maria was amazing to work with and she's so nice. We ended up booking on the spot. The day of we got Bernard as our shooter, who's Maria's husband. He was so nice and he had a blast. I never noticed him there and his camera light was super low. I can't wait to see our video.

• Wedding: 12/13/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved Maria so much that I recommended her to my sister for her wedding. These people are so very friendly and down to earth that I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 09/27/2008
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we first went to look for vendors to use for video, it was lower on our priority compared to DJ/band and photography. We have seen many of our family and friends wedding videos and in a nutshell, all of them seemed really cheesey.
That all changed when Maria showed us sample videos from a few different weddings they have done over the years. It made us feel like we were watching a story about a couple, not just a video following people around. We left that day and knew that we were going to use them.
After we received our final video, we realized we got great value for the amount we spent. Our family and friends are amazed on how well the DVD's were put together. We are happy with our decision when we moved up video higher on our priority list. I highly recommend using them for video. Only thing they can maybe improve on is timing of receiving the video (although they are down a person now), it took us about 11 months to receive the final.

• Wedding: 08/31/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The videographer was professional and did a great job without calling attention to himself. Everyone in the office is such a big help!

• Wedding: 07/06/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A+ ~ Based on leading up to the wedding day and day of. I met with Maria when looking at videographers and she was the sweetest person. She made me feel extra comfortable when meeting and was so great with me and my mom. After booking with them I thought it was a nice touch that Maria sent a personally written thank you note and an christmas card every christmas since I booked with them. Bernard was my videographer day of along with Luis at the church for the ceremony. Bernard was nice to all of us and I really believe that he caught some really great stuff throughout the day especially during the reception. I hope this grade can stay the same throughout the rest of the process....I will regrade during the editing and when the final video is received.

• Wedding: 06/07/2008