Center Club

Value:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Center Club provided the most wonderfully beautiful location for our wedding reception. The staff was beyond wonderful and completely professional at all times. All preparations were taken care of and the wait staff was wonderful. All guests commented on the elegance of the location and its complete ambience for the wonderful occassion. I would highly recommend this location for not jus a wedding but any kind of special event that you may be thinking of hosting. It is well rounded and overall a great choice.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was everything I dreamed and more thanks to Center Club. Their all inclusive packages are absolutely amazing. They take the guess work out of what can normally be a stressful process. Kaitlin was a joy to work with. She was extremely responsive and so accommodating. She is warm, friendly, and so efficient. I had a lot of special requests that I thought would not be possible to execute...not at Center Club. Kaitlin let me know that they are known for catering to special requests...and they definitely delivered! Our guests were so impressed with the decor, friendly staff, and amazing food. This is not your typical ballroom. The gorgeous scenery and upscale finishes make the venue feel modern, yet classic. The staff accommodated every request with a smile and so many guests commented it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. If you want to streamline your wedding planning process and have a memorable, stand-out wedding, call Center Club. Our guests are still raving about our wedding and how beautiful the Club is. Thank you Kaitlin and the whole Center Club team for making our big day so special!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the Center Club working with Kaitlin as our catering manager. The club was excellent! We loved the process and Kaitlin was so professional and easy to work with! I was an out of town bride and she always was quick to respond to all my emails. The night was perfect!!

• Wedding: 07/11/2014
Kristin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The place was amazing! newly renovated. Kaitlin was our onsite coordinator and she was amazing too! She was very attentive and fulfilled all our requests! Couldn't be more happier!

• Wedding: 01/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not be any happier to have had our wedding at the Center Club. Here are a couple of reasons why Center Club is an excellent venue to have your wedding here.
1. Great Location: They are located right off of the 405 fwy across from South Coast Plaza and next to the Sergestrom Center of Performing Arts. There are plenty of nearby hotels within walking distance where guests can stay at the night before your wedding.
2. Beautiful Venue/Great Ambiance: Based on the exterior, it looks like your typical business building. However, once you enter the venue, it will take your breath away by the mahogany wood and the crystal chandeliers that are throughout the floor. It has such a regal, elegant, and modern ambiance that adds to the charm of this place. There is a nice flow of the venue which starts from the outdoor patio that leads into the bar/lounge area, meeting rooms, foyer, and the reception room. Since we had our wedding near Christmas, the venue was nicely decorated with garlands and hollies. There is also a pond that runs through the perimeter of the venue which adds to its appeal.
3. Fantastic Customer Service: Kaitlin was our event director and she had so much insight about the venue and was willing to answer all of my questions and concerns throughout the wedding planning process. She was quick to answer and always accommodated to our vision for our special day. She has a great work ethic and it was such a pleasure to work with her!  The service during the reception was great as well! The manager, Joe, was wonderful as well because he made sure that all of the food was to our liking and checked on us multiple times.
4. Delicious Food: Before the reception, we had a taste testing of the choices that we were going to have at our wedding. Our choices included chicken with whipped potatoes, salmon with creamy risotto, and a vegetarian dish which was cheese ravioli. They were extremely flexible with our likes and dislikes.

• Wedding: 12/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris was the best event coordinator ever! My husband and I came to Center Club in January 2013 for a bridal shower not expecting to think Center Club would be a wedding venue of choice, but as soon as I walked into the ballroom I fell in love with the place. We only looked at one other venue and still had a couple months to pick a place but my heart was set on Center Club right away. We told Chris that us Koreans love to drink and that he'll need to stock up on Jameson for our wedding day. He didn't believe us until after cocktail hour he had to go to the market and buy more! : )

Center Club responded with the following comments:

Thank you Anes! It was such a pleasure working with you both! Stop by and say hello sometime!!!

Best,

Chris

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
Anes
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our daughter’s wedding reception at The Center Club was a total success and was described by our delighted guests as “elegant”, “beautiful” and “delicious.” We found this magical venue near the OC Performing Arts Center which was newly remodeled and our perfect choice:
1. One Stop Shopping: The excellent Event Directors, Chris Hartley and Kaitlin Kuykendall, immediately answered our inquiry, and we discovered they were so organized they had package deals which included everything, but were also willing to be flexible to swap out things we wanted to personalize, such as a more healthy chicken appetizer. They had an outstanding list of preferred vendors to pick from, which simplified our planning tremendously. Since we wanted extras like unique table linens and columns for the flowers, Chris had vendors he regularly used (Elegant Designs) so everything was seamless.
2. Great food: We were excited to find out the Executive Chef once supervised the staff at Four Seasons Beverly Hills. The beef and salmon entrees got excellent reviews. The vocal soloist, who gets invited to many weddings said the beef was “the best wedding food I’ve ever had.”
3. Terrific comfort for the guests: Besides the Valet Parking, we used a small indoor reception area for appetizers for older guests, the patio for cocktail hour, and the gorgeous ballroom next to the water fountain waterscape for the reception. Since it is a private club, it was as if we had the place to ourselves.
4. Flexibility: The bright and light filled venue itself is beautifully decorated in grey neutral tones with comfy silvery chairs, so any color scheme works, and the columns look great with colored lighting.
5. Wonderful photo ops: The whole OC Performing Arts complex is full of interesting places for photos and for guests to mingle.
6. Vendors: Our excellent recommended vendors included EXTREME DJ (THOMAS) and EVENTS BY KATHERINE, who are both very experienced with Center Club.

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place is amazing! Chris along with Kaitlin and joe were so helpful and great! Very accommodating to our needs. The place is gorgeous and modern and the pictures turned out amazing! A lot of the guests were complementing on how good the food was too! Absolutely love this place!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Center Club is the best place to get married! Here are my reasons it was the perfect venue for us:

1. All inclusive packages for your budget
I was planning my wedding within 6 months so I needed a venue that would make it easier for me. When I found out the Center Club PREFERRED credit cards (they don’t charge you extra for using one either), INCLUDED valet, cake (from awesome bakeries), chiavari chairs, hors d’oeuvres, and ALCOHOL all for a very fair rate, I was so relieved! It almost sounded too good to be true! But it got better! The food was SO good and guests commented that it was great as well!

2. Plan B for weather
Another important factor for me since I got married in January was the weather. If it rained, would I have an option to have the wedding indoors? I was at ease knowing there were both options. The day of my wedding there was a 60% chance of rain. It didn’t end up raining, but it was freezing and windy outside so we had the wedding indoors. I thought the room would be too small for our 125 guests, but it was still beautiful and guests were relieved it wasn’t in the freezing cold.

3. Amazing ambiance
The best thing about the venue is its new modern facelift. Our guests were in awe when they walked in and couldn’t imagine how we could afford such a nice venue. There are not that many photos of the new venue online, so you MUST visit!

4. Can do attitude
Again I cannot express how grateful we were for Chris. He had become such a partner and an integral part to our whole planning process!He met with us whenever we needed and replied promptly to all of our emails. Even up until the night before the wedding he called me on my cell to discuss final details and was extremely patient with my last minute requests. He had such a “can do” attitude and the entire time made us feel like he was trying to make our day the best day ever.... and it truly WAS!

• Wedding: 01/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Center Club completely exceeded our expectations. Our wedding guest raved about the delicious food and service they received on our wedding day. I had one family member in particular that is extremely picky and I was nervous to see her the next day. She loved her meal and wanted to even know how the Chef made her Salmon. It brought a smile to my face and made me really appreciate our venue even more.

The Center Club is located in Costa Mesa within walking distance to three hotels. It was one of the main reasons we liked the Center Club and was a deal breaker for us with other venues. Meal selections and appetizers were also very important as well. The food was fresh and brought in hot when we were ready for dinner service.

Chris, Angie and the rest of the staff really made us appreciate why we chose the Center Club versus any other venue. Both my husband and I were new to this process and they were there to answer any questions along the way. One additional added bonus with the Center Club is that they have a renovated wedding space.

I would highly recommend them to friends and family and any other bride looking at a wedding venue.

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything turned out just the way I wanted~ =)

• Wedding: 01/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience with the Center Club was WONDERFUL. As we were searching for venues, they were the clear choice, for several reasons:

-Great all-inclusive special including cake, food, valet parking and drinks that was affordable and made the planning process very easy. For us, they turned out to be one of the best values in Orange County.
-Flexibility: they let us use the venue all day so we had plenty of time to set up and get ready.
-Decor: it is absolutely beautiful and elegantly decorated, so we had very little work to do in that area! The space is unique and super chic, with an indoor and outdoor area. They let us set up s'mores at the fire pits outside!
-Location: this was huge. The location is in a very nice part of town, walking distance from South Coast Plaza (big mall) and the Westin (where we booked our block of rooms), so guests could walk everywhere and didn't need to rent a car.

The staff is fabulous! The whole night went off smoothly and beautifully, thanks to the staff. Our guests told us the service was superb, truly above and beyond. We had a very nice woman (Marisa) who took care of us all night, making sure we ate and drank and were having fun! The food is phenomenal, and the house wine and beer were of really good quality.

We worked with Christine during the planning process, who was very helpful overall. She is laid-back and down-to-earth and allowed us a lot of creativity. There were a couple times along the way we were hoping for just a little more help, but we figured that was probably because the venue has been doing tons of weddings and doesn't have unlimited time for everyone. We would recommend hiring another coordinator, at least for the day of (we used Weddings by Deanna) to help iron out the details. But during the wedding she was extremely helpful.

One very small thing: with the special, unlimited beer and wine extends for four hours. After that, we decided to cover beer and wine ourselves. This turned out to be expensive, and we were only able to do so for half an hour! Wine was costly and guests told us their wine glasses were sometimes removed from the tables (even if they still had wine in them) when they got up to dance, so they went to buy another. Also, doing a champagne toast was also costly, so we decided not to do one even though it was New Year's Eve. Not a big deal though--we noticed at other weddings that most people don't even finish their champagne when they have a glass.

I HIGHLY recommend the Center Club. We couldn't be happier with how the wedding went--it was beautiful and magical, and our guests were very happy. Many guests told us it was the "best wedding ever!"

• Wedding: 12/31/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The first thing I booked when we picked our wedding date was our venue. We only looked at 3 places and the Center Club was the first one. Once we walked in, we knew it was it. The best thing about the Center Club was that it didn't look like your average hotel ballroom...It was BEAUTIFUL. The walls, the lighting, the decor...all gorgeous. Having worked in hospitality for the last 6 years, the last thing I wanted was a hotel wedding. But working with the Center Club made wedding planning so easy.

Chris, the Catering Manager, was super attentive to our needs. He was willing to work with our budget and guided us every step of the way. I must've sent him a million emails (we booked early...two years!) and he answered every last one of them. When Chris was unable to be there on the day of the wedding, he made sure I was taken care of.

On our wedding day, we had NOTHING to worry about. Every staff member was super attentive to our needs. There is absolutely nothing that I would change about the day. My only regret is that we couldn't stay there forever!

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I want to thank The Center Club which made our wedding day on September 17th a beautiful celebration with our families and friends. The Club is an elegant venue all on its own, but with their attention to all the details we discussed Chris brought our vision for our wedding day to life. We could not have been more pleased. He always worked with us in such a positive spirit and did so much to ease the hassles of planning such a large event. All our guests had a wonderful time and we could not ask for more. The room was set up perfectly, the food was delicious, the service was efficient and courteous and we felt we were in excellent hands from start to finish. Chris has done hundreds of weddings, but he never made us feel that we were just another event in a long line of events. Chris listened, he cooperated, he guided and he cared. At the end of the evening there was not one thing that we wished had been done differently or better and for that Chris and his staff deserve all the credit. I have had many of my guests comment on how elegant and wonderful the evening was and they could not stop raving about the food from appetizers to the salad to the main course. They are also to be commended for having Tomgirl Bakery included as an added plus for the wedding cake. It was delicious, most weddings I have been to cake is hardly eaten, but not at ours as almost everyone wished they could have had seconds. We will sing the praises of the Center Club to anyone looking for a unique and lovely venue for a special event in their lives. Thank you again, Chris.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris Hartley and his team at the Center Club are amazing!! Everything about their service was flawless and I couldn't have had a better experience. They are super friendly and accomodating. Our family and friends have not stopped raving about the classy venue and the delicious food. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a great place to have a wedding.

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are not enough words to describe how happy I was with the Center Club for our wedding. Christine was AMAZING!! I feel like we're friends! Everyone loved the food and ambiance. It's a perfect location because it's walking distance from the Westin and a number of other hotels. They were extremely flexible and never hesitated to answer all of my questions immediately and work with me if any issues arose. I felt like I was the top priority. One bonus I wasn't expecting was the day of the wedding, we had a person who was assigned just to us. She followed us with food while we took pictures, and made sure we had everything we needed throughout the night. I had some problems with my rental company, and Christine never acted like it was my fault and bent over backwards to work with the awful company. I could write a novel of all the highlights, but will just summarize by again saying that the Center Club is an amazing venue and no one would regret using them.

Center Club responded with the following comments:

It was our pleasure Michelle and Josh! We are so happy you enjoyed your day and it is always our goal to make a bride feel extra important with an assistant-glad Angie could help with that. Keep in touch. We wish you all the best! P.S. Your decor, outfit, flowers-everything was gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures!

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Michelle
714-438-3860
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards