Carolyn Scott Photography

Wedding photos by Carolyn and Geoff

PO Box 52356
Durham, NC 27717 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excuse my language but...no shit these guys photograph for a living! They are too insanely talented to be doing anything else. In all seriousness though, we knew what we were getting...we saw the amazing pictures they had produced in the past, were confident in their abilities after meeting them, and still ultimately...we were blown away. Not only did they capture our day beautifully, they showed up with a smile, helped us navigate through not-so-ideal weather, kept us on time and truly just added to the party. One of our favorites parts of this entire experience was sharing our photographs with other people (and receiving loads of compliments). And the award for MVP of our wedding day goes to...

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you have the opportunity to book Carolyn and Geoff as your wedding photographers - DO IT. We can not recommend them enough. Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful and Carolyn and Geoff captured EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL. of the day. Being photographed can sometimes feel awkward, but they were both so easy going and made us feel completely comfortable at all times. I received so many compliments from our guests on how they could tell that Carolyn and Geoff were taking tons of great photos, while still being very low-key. I did a ton of research on photographers when we were determining who to go with for our wedding, and I can safely say that there are no other photographers in the world that would have produced better photos for us. Book them!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was a fairly indecisive bride, but when I saw Carolyn and Geoff's photos of another couple at our venue I was blown away and knew that we wanted to work with them for our wedding. They were amazing from the very beginning. Very responsive and helpful before the wedding, and the day of our wedding everything went smoothly and the photos they took are OUTSTANDING. My husband and I could not have been happier with the final product. They are beautiful photos and we will always be able to remember the day through them. I can not say enough amazing things about Carolyn and Geoff. They did everything they could to make the process easier for us, and besides being extremely talented and professional, they are also very fun and easy to be around. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked me, and would work with them again in a heartbeat. I can say without a doubt that working with them was one of the VERY best decisions we made in the wedding planning process.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn and Geoff were incredible. Not only were their photos amazing, but they were so much fun to work with and so flexible throughout our entire ceremony and reception. We asked them to do crazy things (like hike up a mountain with all of their gear to take portraits after our ceremony) and they were totally on board!

Our guests had a great time with Carolyn and Geoff and still talk about what great photographers they were. They were on time, always happy to be where they were, and never imposed on our ceremony or reception unless we asked them to. We barely knew they were there, and they caught some stunning and hilarious candid moments! They are incredibly professional, and created photos that reflect our day perfectly. Hiring Carolyn and Geoff was by far the best decision we made for our wedding, and I can't wait to hire them for something in the future! Also, they're just plain fun. You will have a blast!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn and Geoff were amazing!! One of my guests who's also a professional photographer was impressed by how excited and happy they were to be taking photos and that comment really applies to every interaction I had with them! They are both super sweet and very responsive. Plus their photos are gorgeous!! I'm excitedly awaiting the rest of the photos they took at our wedding!

I would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer!!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I will echo all of the positive feedback on here. Carolyn and Geoff are just wonderful. Their pictures are unique and beautiful, and they make the whole experience a lot of fun. Our pictures were taken on a very humid day but Carolyn and Geoff kept us laughing the whole time. We could not have been happier with everything. We got married in PA and brought them up all the way from North Carolina because we had seen and heard such good things about them. We cannot recommend them enough....just book in advance because they fill up! (with good reason)

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn and Geoff were by far one of the best choices we made for our wedding. They shot our engagement and our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with either experience. It was so easy to coordinate our engagement shoot with them despite them living in North Carolina and us in Pittsburgh. They worked with us on the timeline of the day, and kept us on that timeline the day of the wedding, all while having a blast at the same time.

We've received so many compliments on our photos. Every single photograph is beautiful, and we would recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I say this without exaggeration: Carolyn & Geoff blew us away. While leading up to the wedding they were helpful, fun, professional, and hilarious, the ultimate result was STILL astoundingly good. I have gotten dozens and dozens of comments, compliments, and raves about my wedding photographs and I'm still swooning over them myself. You absolutely cannot find a better photography team in the Triangle area. Absolutely worth every single penny.

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't even know where to begin with my review of Carolyn Scott (and her husband Geoff)! The two of them captured our wedding weekend perfectly and I could not be happier with their work.

We hired Carolyn and Geoff to shoot our two-day wedding and enjoyed every minute (which is great because we spent 12 hours with them!). They were very responsive and flexible with our wants, needs, and schedules. Carolyn and Geoff spent a good chunk of time fleshing out a comprehensive timeline and making sure they understood what was important to us. Their photos truly captured the feel of the wedding and every picture, whether it's posed or candid, is gorgeous.

Furthermore, Carolyn is reasonably priced compared to the other photographers we considered.

Carolyn and Geoff are a great team and were fun to be with on our big day. I highly recommend them. If you want further evidence of why you should hire them, check out our wedding: http://www.carolynscottphotography.com/2014/01/09/raleigh-hindu-wedding/

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You may as well stop researching photographers now. You WILL NOT be sorry if you choose Carolyn Scott Photography (Carolyn & Geoff) to be your photographers! They photographed our wedding day, and we couldn't be more pleased with the end product. It amazes me that these two can maintain a completely professional rapport, all while making us laugh and feel completely at ease with their hilarious banter. This was not only on the wedding day, but in the weeks leading up to that day as well. I am a designer, and I am blown away by the incredible talent these two possess. We are in LOVE with our photos. We will definitely come back to these two the next time we want photos of us looking awesome.

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutly love, love, love Carolyn and Geoff! They are so awesome and easy to work with! They rearranged our day-of schedule to ensure we got beautiful pictures when a thunderstorm rolled through and they were an absolute blast to work with! I generally don't like having my picture taken, but Carolyn and Geoff had me totally at ease and laughing the whole time! They did our engagement pictures, which turned out fabulously, and I can't wait to see our wedding photos! I cannot say enough good things about Carolyn and Geoff! I would highly recommend them to friends, family, and strangers!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn and Geoff are amazing photographers! They took our engagement and wedding pictures. We decided on two locations for the engagement pictures: at our house and then at a local nature park. They were great about directing us on how and where to pose, as well as making us feel comfortable. They are professional, friendly, immediately likeable, and made the photo shoot really enjoyable. And we were thrilled with the photos! What we love about their portfolio of work is their ability to capture a point in time such that when you see that moment again through a picture, it’s as if that picture comes to life and you can place yourself in the middle of the event. That’s what came through when we saw our engagement pictures.
There were so many personal details of our wedding that they captured. They use color and light in wonderful ways, but what really makes Carolyn and Geoff unique is their way of photographing people so that they stay in the moment and ignore the camera. It really allows for deep immersion into a particular moment. They didn’t just document the wedding; they bring us back to those moments every time we look at the pictures. They are a pleasure to work with and left a positive impression on our guests. Although Carolyn and Geoff were there to photograph our wedding, they were also our guests. We absolutely love the photos they took of our wedding.
The photo album they put together was equally awesome. The quality of the book is great, and Geoff is a master at organizing the photos so they flow beautifully. We were initially hesitant about spending a big chunk of our budget on a photographer, but it was well worth it. Carolyn Scott Photography does stellar work! We highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Deborah & Carey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't imagine better wedding photographers than Carolyn and Geoff. They came to our wedding in Asheville, NC and were easily the best and most fun vendors we chose. They are great to work with and respond very quickly to emails. Carolyn finished editing our wedding pictures (all 1200 of them!) in about 2 weeks, and they are wonderful! She did an amazing job and the pictures capture so many great moments - they really tell the story of our wedding. I would gladly recommend Carolyn Scott Photography to any bride and groom!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn Scott Photography did an excellent job of completely covering every aspect of our wedding day. They are a two person team (Carolyn and her husband Geoff).

To start, they had a thorough questionnaire for us to answer to give them an idea of how we planned our day. Then, the week before our wedding, we had a phone conversation with them to finalize all the details. On the day of the wedding, they were very hands-off and photojournalistic about covering the events. Their style is to be unobtrusive, so if you want photos with people, just let them know!

Our photo session was super fun with them, because they made everyone laugh and they kept the session moving quickly so no one got bored. Carolyn and Geoff are so friendly and fun to be around, which is awesome because you really do end up spending a lot of time with your photographers on your wedding day.

CSP really puts a lot of effort into the details, and it shows because our final deliverable was a cute little wooden USB in a custom-designed case with all the digital photos on it, along with a few other extras that will just make you smile and think of how caring and adorable Carolyn is! Both her and Geoff are really sweet people who have fully embraced the wedding photography industry's demands. CSP delivers a fabulous product that will exceed your expectations and leave you with gorgeous lasting memories!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn and Geoff are FANTASTIC. We got along great with them as people and LOVED the pictures they took. They are very professional and when my bridal portraits kept getting rained out, Carolyn was in constant contact with me trying to figure it out! They are a great couple and really work well together, and you can tell they love what they do. They are great photographers and I have heard nothing but "You were right, they were so great!" from everyone who came to my wedding! I clearly talked about them a bit... for good reason!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give 6 or 7 stars for value, I would. For such a reasonable price, we've come away with incredible photos! They came out even better than expected, and I had really high expectations!

Carolyn and Geoff are some of the friendliest, happiest people you'll ever meet. They love what they do, and you can really tell. What struck me most about their style was their use of vibrant color (or appropriate lack thereof, in the black and white or sepia photos). I'm a sucker for color, and was totally sold the moment I saw how well they use it while also integrating their knowledge of the couple's style. They can go as funky/nerdy, romantic/elegant or as striking/fashionable as you'd like! They were utterly comfortable around us and alllll those guests they'd never met, and everybody responded in kind, giving them the opportunity to get those awesome posed shots that don't actually look posed. They're obviously fond of kids, and got some great photos of them as well. We're so happy that we picked them as our photographers, and I'm sure you will be too!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
919-807-1763
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards