Blooming Design

• Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kate was the easiest floral designer that I've had the pirvilige to work with. I interviewed & researched several florist before meeting Kate to design the flowers at my wedding. Kate not only worked within my budget, but she made my ideal wedding look come true. When I arrived at my venue, everything was ready & mouth dropping. She paid attention to all my details, changes & request... but best of all she was affordable & flexible to make everything work for me. I would definitely recommend her work to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/09/2011
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kate is a fantastic florist. From the first day we met and i gave her a little info about what I was looking for in terms of flowers for our wedding she jumped right in and had several suggestions. You can tell she loves what she does and will always give you fresh ideas to what she thinks would look best and I am so glad I trusted her opinion. I provided her with some bouquets I had found online and she was able to mimic it exactly. As my Maid of Honor said "These are the prettiest bouquets I have ever seen!" and she has an eye for detail. As an added bonus, she took me to the flower mart where I can see all the flowers that would be in season for my wedding and I am so glad she did! I had originally wanted these two toned flowers for my bouquet and she was explaining to me that when I saw them in person I would change my mind but the google images, I thought, looked great. And she was right. Once I saw them at the flower mart, they were smaller than I expected and the colors didn't seem to match what I had seen online. She takes the time to understand the bride and groom so she can figure out their taste. And she was spot on with all the decorations, bouquets, boutonierres and even helped with decorations that we assigned to other decorators. We would highly recommend Kate as a florist to all our friends and family!

• Wedding: 10/02/2011
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

The owner, Kate, is very nice and sweet. I put all my trust in her to decorate my wedding with what we discussed as I was planning from New York for my S.F. Wedding. We spoke over the phone and emailed a lot. I sent her tons of picture to describe my vision. Her pricing was reasonable and she was willing to work within my budget. Once we agreed on the flowers, I thought she got it down to the detail: tall Baby’s breathe on ½ the tables and short hydrangea, garden roses, spray roses, seasonal flowers and greens as the remaining centerpieces. Calla Lilly boutonniere, garden rose boutonnieres and corsages for the family. Day of timing: she told me she would be at the hotel with my bouquet and boutonniere at 2:30pm so we can have the flowers when we take our couples shots before the ceremony. It was 3pm and I had not heard from her, so I had to call to see where she was. She said she would be another 10 minutes. The 10 minutes came and no sign of her. It would be nice and professional if I did not have to call her when she was running late. We left to take pictures without our bouquet and boutonniere. Later I find out she came to the venue to set up close to 4pm (2 hours before the ceremony began). It would have been nice if she called to let me she is running late, but her unprofessional manner was just not acceptable. The last thing I needed that day was to worry is the flowers would be at the wedding. When I got back to the venue before the ceremony to finally get my bouquet, I was shocked by the poor quality of the flowers; wilted and brown. The florist had to trim the flowers to make it look fresher. I didn’t even want to take pictures with it. Not only was the quality bad but I requested coral colored Garden roses with white Cymbidium orchids. Instead I got white and pink roses with some cymbidium orchids. I was shocked. I paid for garden roses. If I knew garden roses would be hard to find, then I would have picked other flowers – but I was never told until AFTER the wedding. You know it’s really bad when the florist tells you later that she even thought about going to Safeway or Whole Foods the morning of the wedding to get better flowers to re-make the bouquet! The groom\'s boutonniere looked fine in terms of the quality – Calla Lilly. But it was purple. We had NO purple whatsoever at the wedding. It just did not match. Why not go with a WHITE CALLA LILLY? No clue. The quality of the other boutonnieres and corsages were extremely poor. They were all white garden roses. However, the petals were all falling off and they were small and dinky. It’s bad when the photographer has to try to fix the boutonnieres and then have us take them off. Centerpieces: the tall Baby’s breathe ones were fine, I mean they were expensive for what I was getting but it looked fine. However, the short centerpieces (we agreed on: hydrangea, garden roses, spray roses, seasonal flowers and greens) only had hydrangeas and roses. It had about 5 bunches of white hydrangeas and 3-4 roses in between. The roses were pink, not coral. Not the color we discussed. But the ratio of the hydrangea and roses just looked off, not in a good way. I did not see any other flower we discussed and that was in our contract. What was I paying for then? Who knows. Again, if I was told BEFORE the wedding that garden roses were hard to find, then I would have chosen other flowers. It is disappointing when you put all this time, effort and money into the biggest day of your life and the 1 thing that is supposed to make your wedding bright and beautiful, just brings it all down – as if your hard work was very minimal. I was embarrassed that the quality of the flowers would lead my guests to think I was being cheap. I’ve already spent a lot of money on the wedding why would I want to ruin it by going cheap on the flowers?? The florist thought bigger was better. It’s not the quantity but rather the QUALITY that matters. You expect a florist to know how to get the flowers there ON-TIME and with the utmost quality. I feel as if I have been ripped off and taken advantage of. When we returned the vases back to Kate a few days later, we discussed our disappointment and concerns with her. She said she would talk to her insurance about reimbursing us a small percentage in the difference, but it’s been 3 weeks and no call from her and no response to my emails from her. I guess I should have known better than to trust someone to do their job according to our discussion and contract.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
Profile Picture
Nikta
1 Review
925-997-1080
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.7