Beep Media

Beep Media

Chicago, IL 60622 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John Londay was our DJ at our wedding at the Newberry Library and he was GREAT!! Professional, on target with our music taste and just plain cool :) We skyped a couple times in order to get the logistics scheduled, which was convenient but still as personal as a in-person meeting. We wanted music starting with classics of 60, 70's and then through the reception to slowly move up in the generations until the end of the night being more contemporary music. He did an absolutely awesome job and literally had the dance floor packed the entire night... and i'm not exaggerating! Thankfully I have a dancing family so as long as there are good tunes, they are out of their seats. I would definitely recommend Beep and specifically John L.

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First, hire DJ John San Juan from Beep Media-especially if you are getting married at Cheney Mansion. Then read the rest of this review. John San Juan provided the music for our Sept. 2, wedding reception at the Cheney Mansion in Oak Park. He clearly showed up with the intention to make our wedding fun, not just to do a job. And he truly made it perfect - more than any other single vendor. 1. When Cheney Mansion tried to shut us down early, John saved our wedding by continuing the party. We had the place reserved until 11pm, the bar was supposed to close at 10:30 and the music end at 11. This was very clearly laid out, but the lady working for the mansion closed the bar at 10 and tried to stop the music then too! This is not the first time they've pulled this, but still very not cool. John just kept playing and I didn't find out what was going on until 10:20, when I went to get a water from the non-existent bar. John saw that the party was still going and, despite the mansion's very shady instructions, played until I gave him permission to close down at 10:30 to preserve peace with the mansion. He was working for us, not the wedding venue! 2. He was very cordial and professional. He did not make himself the center of attention. He also worked with my dad, who had a special surprise planned for us. Beep as a whole was very prompt getting back to me. 3. He was really into the music. He took all of our requests and no-plays and added great songs. He didn't screw up our favorite songs by remixing them (although I'm sure he's capable of it). He's really excellent at music! 4. His service is affordable-more than affordable! We booked him for 5 hours, but he showed up to be set up before our ceremony and therefore was there for over 7 hours! Also, Cheney mansion is three floors and he provided all necessary equipment. We even ended up using his mic for the ceremony, no charge. I wish I could hire John again and again.

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't be happier with our Beep Media DJ, Barry. We chatted on the phone before the event so he could make sure he understood what type of music we liked and the feel we wanted for our wedding. He always responded quickly to emails, and answered any questions. They even have a song sampling list to help people explain what types of music they like. We like a variety of types of music and Barry did a great job mixing it up playing great music from many genres while keeping everyone dancing all night. Even after dancing for hours, everyone wanted to keep dancing at the end of the night and Barry helped us get set up to have ipod playlists for after hours dancing music after his time was over. Our family and friends said they are still sore a week later from dancing all night. We'd give more stars if we could!

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barry DJ'd our recent wedding and was fantastic. He read the crowd perfectly and had the crowd dancing the entire time. He played a good mix of old and new without needing to rely on the "audience participation" songs to get people on the dance floor. We have heard great feedback from all of our guests regarding our wedding and we feel that the music played a key part to everyone having such a great time. Barry was super easy to work with and listened closely to what we wanted out of the music for the evening.

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ryan was the DJ for our wedding, and he did an awesome job! We had requested a minimal number of songs and left the rest up to him. He did a great job of playing classics everyone could enjoy, and kept the dance floor going strong. When we read Beep's "rather not play" list on the website, we could tell their philosophy lined up with our vision for the evening's music.

Ryan was great to work with; we met with him a couple times before the wedding and it was always a pleasure. We would definitely recommend Beep Media!

Also, if you are looking for a photography, I highly recommend Barry Phipps (owner of Beep Media)! I found out about his photography when corresponding with him about the DJ services, and I'm so glad I did ... the wedding photos are amazing!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great DJ who kept our guests on the dance floor. We used Barry at Beep Media for our summer 2011 wedding. Barry was great to work with because he really knew his trade and listened to our needs. My husband and I are not big music people, so when it came to telling a DJ what songs we wanted at our wedding we had a hard time. Barry gave us the Beep Media song list and had us mark our preferences. Even though we only had a few preferences, Barry knew exactly what he could paly at our wedding to keep our guests and us dancing all night. Our guests had so much fun that they did not want to leave. We received tons compliments about Barry. In addition, Barry gave us some fantastic timeline suggestions about when to do our first dance, cake cutting, etc. We used his suggestions and absolutely loved how it kept the pace of the night moving. Barry is a wonderful DJ!

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Highly recommend! We had John Londay for our 7/23/11 wedding. We had actually gone to a wedding the previous summer where John was the DJ and the dance floor was packed all night and we knew that we wanted to go with John. For our wedding John provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He was great! The dance floor was packed all night and he knew how to read the crowd. We are so happy with our choice! Definitely created a memorable evening.

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married on May 29th in Galena IL in an outdoor ceremony and tented reception. We worked with Ryan Neuschafer.

The first thing I will comment on is that my husband and I are not DJ people :) I have been to far too many weddings where I sigh when I see the DJ table at the front of the room and the lights above the dance floor....

I am convinced that Beep Media is not a DJ service. They are a music and mood providing service that went above and beyond my entire families expectations!!

The planning was great from the start. Their play list and "wont" play list was perfect for our tastes....Ryan did a great job planning out every portion of the evening so that it flowed smoothly and he maintained the control, in a very distant, out of focus way.

During the dinner Ryan played great music that fit the mood of our meal. He coordinated the toasts and entrances well.

During the reception Ryan read the crowd perfectly.....Almost every song seemed to be a hit. I only remember one instance where a song wasn't a hit. Ryan read the crowd easily and changed it up after that to perfection!
There is actually a great picture that Barry Phipps captured from the reception where I am high fiving Ryan and telling him to keep doing what he was doing, because it was perfect....

All in all. 5 stars.. great DJ service

• Wedding: 05/29/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our DJ, Matt V. did an awesome job. He really got to know my husband and my musical tastes and put together and awesome playlist. He provided music for before the ceremony, the cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception. During the dancing portion I don't think anyone sat down. Even the people in the family that are known to never dance couldn't help but get up and start moving. It was one of the best djing jobs I have witnessed at a wedding.

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved our DJ (Matt) from Beep Media. We had the best time and a lot of that had to do with our DJ. I remember many times throughout the night thinking that I loved the song he was playing and we are still receiving compliments from guests about how they have never been to a wedding that everyone was dancing the entire time. We would definitely recommend beep media to everyone!

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After interviewing 3 DJ companies, we decided to go with Beep Media and Barry (the owner) for our September 2010 wedding, and we were very happy with our decision.

When we first met with Barry in the spring, he walked through the entire wedding with us, mapping out how the evening would flow/look if we decided to go with him. He was extremely easy to work with, very patient with all our questions, and was also able to provide some great advice based on his years of experience.

As for the wedding, Barry was the consumate professional. Many of the names in the wedding party that he had to pronounce were Greek, and he did so flawlessly during introductions. For the first dance, he took our requested song (which was 6 minutes long) and cut it down beautifully to a more appropriate length. Throughout the night his choice of songs kept the dance floor active. And whenever we went up to Barry with requests for songs, he was able to find and play them instantly.

Anyone looking for a DJ, I'd recommend Barry without a doubt.

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure of finding Beep Media via a Google search. Ryan, our DJ, was very professional. He played a great set and catered to our crowd. We made a smart move by hiring Beep media for both the DJ and Photo services. I highly recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 07/31/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent! We are still getting rave reviews of the music played at our wedding! They are really flexible and professional...not flashy or over-the-top at all. Would highly recommend adding them to your short-list of potential DJ's for your wedding!

• Wedding: 07/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

How many times have you seen all the guests at a wedding beg the DJ for an encore song!? At our wedding they did! He looked at us, we smiled and said go for it, and the guests cheered!!

John Londay at Beep Media was the best DJ I've ever seen. He kept the dance floor PACKED the entire evening. All ages were on the dance floor, from our 5 year old niece to our mothers and aunts and uncles and great uncles! One comment we heard was, "I'm so tired! Every time I went to sit down, another great song started to play and I had to keep dancing!"

In addition to the dancing, the cocktail music set the perfect mood and the dinner music was exactly what we wanted. John listened to us, understood what we were looking for and created the perfect atmosphere for our special day. How can we possibly thank him enough!

• Wedding: 06/06/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Matt V. of Beep Media to be our wedding DJ in June 2010. We met with him before the event twice. The first time he got a sense of what kind of music we like and we made sure our personalities were compatible. The second time we ironed out the details of the reception timeline, introductions (with name phoenetics to make sure he got it right), parent and first dance songs, cocktail hour and dinner song preferences, dance song preferences, etc. Matt was wonderful and so helpful throughout the reception. He kept great music playing the whole time (the dance floor was never empty), helped us stay relatively on schedule while keeping the timing flexible, which we wanted, and coordinated well with the caterer and photographer to keep everyone on the same page. While staying in the background and not making the party about him, Matt kept the reception flowing and we are so grateful that he did it very well. If you're looking for a DJ company that plays a wide range of good, non-cheesy music while not being cheesy personality-wise or adding gimmicks to their "performance", look no further! Even my dad who worried about us not having a live band agreed that this dj was the right call-he started and kept the party going, all the while keeping the attention on the bride and groom.

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barry from Beep DJ'd our wedding in late October and we couldn't have been happier that we ended up working with him. He was very professional, courteous and responsive (typically responded to our emails within several hours). We gave Barry some guidelines about the types of music that we like, but gave him free reign to read the crowd and choose songs accordingly. He did a fantastic job! He kept our party rocking all evening long and the dance floor full. Would highly recommend him.

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
312-751-2227
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards