Armor & Martel LTD

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I hired Armor & Martel after a friend's wedding in 2012. Chris and his crew are friendly, responsive and knew exactly how to be a part of our day without ever being in the way. I haven't received our video yet but received the beautiful photos (close to 900) less than a week after the wedding. Very easy to work with, extremely professional.

Services Used: Photography

Chris was so great! He made the day really relaxing and took amazing pictures! they were so artistic! The video he made was also perfect! He got all the highlights! We could not ask for a better photographer! We were so happy with all of his work!

1 Review
1+ year ago

We are so happy that we chose Chris and his team to photograph our wedding. Chris struck the perfect balance of capturing all of the moments that we want to remember forever while avoiding being at all intrusive. The pictures of our wedding are all beautiful and we were blown away by Chris's professionalism, responsiveness and ability to help plan and coordinate our day. We cannot recommend Armor and Martel highly enough.

1+ year ago

Chris and his team were great on our wedding day. We cherish the photographs he took. The quality is excellent; every shot was great. Chris was so easy to work with and my husband and I are so happy to have chosen him!

1+ year ago

Chris Martel was wonderful. Our engagement photos and our wedding photos are amazing, with a combination of artistry, photojournalism, sentimentality, and romance that was perfect for what we wanted. Chris has a great eye for composition, and captures both classic posed portraits and casual, in-the-moment images with equal quality. He is entirely professional, but easy to work with and immediately puts you at ease when you are in front of the camera. He listened to what we were looking for, and achieved everything we desired and more. We chose not to have videography, but recommend his photography services without reservation.

1+ year ago

Chris and Stephanie were very easy to work with. And the pictures look FABULOUS!

1+ year ago

My wedding pictures are absolutely perfect! The detail & moments that Chris captured made the pictures so wonderful. After the day is over, your memories & pictures are what you have left & that is why I am glad we chose Armor & Martel for our photography

Services Used: Photography

Absolutely amazing photographer with an amazing team. Before booking any of our vendors, we agreed that photography and cinema were the two most important things to us over anything else. Chris was the first and only photographer we met with and we knew after our first meeting with him that we had to look no further. He's creative, talented, and hilarious - what better three things can you ask for??? The cinema piece that he offers is so different than what we've seen - telling a story of our day rather than continuous video of the entire day which we knew we didn't want. I've only seen one sneak peek photo from our wedding that took place last weekend but from what I saw I can't wait to see the rest and be able to relive our day! We can't thank Chris and his team enough!!

Services Used: Photography

Chris was such a joy to work with through the entire process. As an event planner, I had a very specific vision on how I wanted to document all the details I planned for the day, and Chris was sure to capture all my requests (yes I had a long list prepared ahead of time) as well as some amazing shots I could not have imagined. Chris's approach was wonderful, and he covered a lot of shots and fast. Also, my husband does not love to be photographed, he actually gets downright cranky, but Chris's approach did not bother him in the least (Kudos Chris!). They were buds by the end of the wedding. Armor & Martel is the complete package; artistic, organized, responsive, and produce a wonderful product. I am very happy Armor & Martel was a part of our special day!

2+ years ago

Chris is amazing! He took beautiful pictures of our wedding this past Memorial weekend. His style is unobtrusive that made my husband and I feel so comfortable and at times even forget that he and his assistant wee there.
Chris is very easy going and very understanding of his cleints' vision and taste. I would highly recommend Armor and Martel Photography for wedding and other special events.

Services Used: Photography

What can I say about Armor & Martel? They were fantastic! We have a lot of family who took pictures too, but none matched Chris and his assistant were great. I hardly noticed them and we got over 1000 stunning photos. DH says "Where do you put the sixth stars for them?" Just, WOW!

Services Used: Photography

We loved our pictures! Chris from Armor & Martel was our phptpgrapher & videographer! He captured every moment and our pictures looked like the belong in wedding magazines! AMAZING!!

Services Used: Photography

Our note to Chris after the wedding:

Chris,
We just wanted to write you a quick note and thank you so much for everything. We are so glad we chose you as our photographer… from the engagement session to the wedding, all of the pictures were perfect and we could not have asked for more. Even some of our family members who don’t typically photograph well, or like pictures of themselves are saying how great they look! I personally feel that the photography is one of the most important parts of a wedding, yes we will always remember the night, but without amazing pictures we would have never been able to capture the little details for years to come. Every step of the process in working with you has been smooth and we are so glad we found you and that you were available on 11/16. Now I am going to end this and go sort through the 700 pictures you took and try to decide which ones to have printed (bet you I will end up with all of them!). Can’t wait to use you for family photography again in the future, you have such a talent for what you do and a great personality to go along with it!
Thanks again for helping us create and capture memories,
Holly and Kenny

October Bride
10/21/2012

From the moment I spoke with Chris (Martel) on the phone, I knew he was the right choice for our photographer. My husband and I got to meet him in person about a year before the wedding for an engagement session in Newport, RI. It was a great opportunity to spend some time with Chris and see how he worked. He put us at ease - since we had never been professionally photographed before - and worked quickly. The same was true for the day of the wedding. Many of my wedding party and family members commented how nice, funny, and personable both Chris and his assistant - Stephanie - were. One of the most impressive things I found was that I didn't even know/realize they were taking photos at some points! Pretty impressive for such a tall man! To top it off, Chris met up with my husband and I an hour and a half after the wedding ended to take pictures of us with the Newport Bridge in the background - something I have wanted to do for years. Most importantly, the photos came out amazing; they look like they belong in a magazine. Thank you to Chris and Stephanie for an amazing job!

Services Used: Photography

John was great to work with. Great value, stayed through the whole ceremony, and wasn't in the way at any point. Great photographer.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome. We knew we wanted to hire Chris as soon as we met him at the OceanCliff open house. Chis is knowledgable about Newport, Newport weddings, and OceanCliff. He is experienced! He is professional, but most of all he is personable. Right away he put me at ease. My husband is a ham - but I am camera shy. He knew exactly what we wanted and made it all happen. Thank you, Chris.