Alvin Entertainment

Alvin Entertainment

DJ / MC / Event UpLighting

Virginia Beach, VA | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I booked Alvin for our 25 Wedding Anniversary celebration on October 26, 2013, and he was the absolute best from start to finish. He went out of his way to do the best possible job possible so that not only we had a good time, but our guests did too! Rather than just be a Dj that played music, he was a Emcee and he had quite a rapport with everyone, including our videographer. Alvingwas very involved in telling our story to our guests, and giving them a three-dimensional view of us as a couple. He put his own personal touch on our renewal. Also, his wife took pictures of the event and he put them on a CD for us, and didn't charge us one dime for it, out of the kindness of their hearts. He's a wonderful guy, and an excellent DJ, so if you really want a personalized touch for your wedding or celebration---he's your man!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin was an amazing DJ and was one of many pieces of the puzzle that made putting on our dream wedding a reality! From day 1, Alvin showed that he was committed to creating exactly the event that we envisioned--stepping in our out of the spotlight as much as he needed to or didn't need to to make that happen. Other DJs we met with were tacky, over-the-top "entertainers" who wanted to put on their own show rather than be a part of The Show...which was the entire reception and all the people, music and other activities that made it what it was.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't be happier that We had Alvin entertainment at our wedding. He was so easy to work with and very professional. We didn't have much of a dancing crowd but he got them moving and groovin! My husband and I weren't too much into picking songs because there are so many choices and it gets overwhelming and Alvin had us totally covered. It was such a great experience because of his availability to answer any questions we had, brain storm on some things, and make sure we had the details down. I would recommend Alvin Entertainment to anyone looking for an awesome Dj for any occasion. Much tanks to Alvin and the great time we had!!

• Wedding: 05/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I could not have found a better DJ than Alvin for our wedding reception. Alvin was enthusiastic about his work, yet took the time to get to know us, asking questions and listening to what we wanted. We had a small reception, but that didn’t deter him. He made it very special for us! Alvin was willing to talk or meet with us at any time and addressed all of our concerns. He was flexible with last minute changes and was prompt. If you are looking for a reputable DJ who truly cares about his clients, then you should hire DJ Alvin for your event! You won’t be disappointed!

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
Krissy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin is absolutely the best! Exceeded every expectation and was one of the highlights of our wedding! I could have not asked for anyone better to provide such great entertainment on the most important night of my life. Very rarely do you find a DJ that can keep everyone on the dance floor all night; no matter the age or music preference. I had a blast, and Alvin is the one to give the credit to! Thanks Alvin! Hire this DJ today!!!!

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
Joey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy to have found Alvin as our DJ. Start to finish Alvin was amazing! He had wonderful ideas and was always there if I had any questions. Our wedding was on Sept 15, the day VDOT shut down tunnels and bridges on the same day.- while most of my vendors were running late Alvin was there early and helped us reorganize our schedule as the wedding had to be delayed. Our friends and family, three weeks later are still talking about how much fun our wedding was! I would highly recommend Alvin to anyone and hopefully I get the pleasure to work with him again!! Thanks to Alvin our night was unforgettable!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
Renee
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin was the DJ at my wedding back in September. I must say that he was an absolute pleasure to work with! First of all, he was very accommodating right from the get go. He was completely focused on making my husband and I happy the entire time to make sure that we had a blast at the wedding. He was very helpful with all of the planning, while offering many suggestions. He was great at going with the flow and being very flexible, which is perfect for a crazy and stressed bride! (That was me!) The wedding was amazing and my guests really enjoyed the reception. Alvin set up the most perfect atmosphere and I received many compliments about the music. He was very willing to accept requests from my guests, while "reading" the crowd at the same time to cater to everyone's interests. There was never a dull moment and everyone had an awesome time (especially us)! :) I would recommend Alvin to any of my friends or family because I had such a great experience working with him. Thanks again Alvin! :)

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Mia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVE Alvin & Cheryl!!! They really took the time to meet with us and listened to what we wanted for our wedding. They were on time & extremely professional & still a ton of fun. They incorporated all the songs we asked for and fit in every request of the evening. Our guests ranged from 21 to 80 years old and they kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. IT WAS AWESOME! I am still getting compliments on Alvin and music. I really cant thank them enough!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a DJ you MUST speak with Alvin Entertainment. From the very first phone call all the way through my event Alvin was professional, courteous, and beyond helpful!!! He worked with us to make sure that our day was unique and special. He spent quality time speaking with us and finding out exactly what we were looking for and surpassed all expectations that we had!! He put together an INCREDIBLE customized first dance song for us that had all my guests in tears! He also customized our bridal party entries and had everyone moving and grooving on the dance floor all night long! His business partner even took several gorgeous photos of me and my guests which was quite an unexpected surprise! I interviewed several DJ's and bands before my wedding and my biggest pet peeve was all the "hidden" costs and fees associated with them. With Alvin Entertainment there are no hidden costs or fees! His prices are all inclusive and up front.. not to mention being very competitive! I would recommend Alvin Entertainment to everyone I know!

• Wedding: 04/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin and Cheryl were amazing. Their website was super easy to use and made everything so simple. We were able to go on and pick each song we wanted to hear, so we knew it would be the perfect playlist. We were not the most organized, and they worked with us and were flexible every step of the way. They were as much a part of our party as our invited guests. To top it off, they sent us amazing pictures that they took at our reception at no extra cost. We had an amazing time, we still have friends talking about how much they danced and how much fun they had. We really could not speak more highly of Alvin Entertainment.

• Wedding: 07/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin did a fantastic job for our wedding reception. As soon as you see his website, you will understand he does first class work. Alvin stayed in contact with us from the time we reserved him, to the day of our wedding. We could not have asked for a better experience.

• Wedding: 07/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin Entertainment was an excellent choice for my wedding. I was extremely satisfied with how well my ceremony and reception went. He played all the music I requested and made sure that all times lines were synced together with no flaws. I loved the atmosphere he brought to my ceremony, keeping it classy and semi traditional with a lil of my own twist added in. He made sure that all music I requested was available and he plugged them in when I wanted specific songs to be heard. Then during my reception he made sure that he played music that everyone could boogy too. My grandparents even got their groove on the dance floor and that was priceless. I was extremely pleased with Alvin and his respect towards my big day and I couldn't of asked for better entertainment.

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin is a fantastic DJ and wonderful professional! We are overly pleased with the services he provided, particularly for the reasonable cost. We appreciate all he did for us both prior to and during our wedding, and plan to utilize his services again at future events. I have already made several referrals!

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin provides the ultimate attention to detail! Until my wedding, I had no idea how important the DJ selection was. He is a master at guiding you through the process to come up with a beautiful ceremony that is unique and what YOU want! Professional, courteous, reliable, and funny- Alvin was the "MC" and the DJ for my wedding and reception. His music selection is more than amazing-he has EVERYTHING!!! The most important thing-Alvin knows how to read the crowd to keep your reception dancing~for guests of ALL ages. For ANY event I have in the future, Alvin will be my DJ!!!!!!

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

he was great and i get him for any event.

• Wedding: 08/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alvin did a wonderful job for our wedding. HE met with us several times before the wedding to make sure that everything would be just perfect. He was very affordable and would recommend him to anyone looking for a GREAT DJ for their special day!!

• Wedding: 05/22/2010
757-714-7148
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards