Academy DJs

• Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ was very flexible and all of my guests said they were pleased with his selections. Their website lets you pick songs you definitely want, would like to hear and definitely don't want to hear but we lweft most of that to his discretion. They are based out of florida but have djs in Ohio which is where my wedding was. Overall it was a success.

• Wedding: 07/03/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Richard Barker of Academy DJs was the DJ at our reception. He was awesome! When he didn't have the father-daughter dance song I had picked, he simply said "I just have to purchase it. No problem!" Every other song we requested was available. He was very professional and made sure that all of our guests had fun. He kept the party going even when most of our guests had left.
We also paid for LED uplighting and a name-in-lights display. He set up the gorgeous uplighting behind the cake, head table, bars, and along the walls. It was prefect! The name-in-lights was on the floor during dinner and our first dances. Later, he displayed it on the wall behind the head table. We loved it! The design plate for the name-in-lights is now ours to keep.
We also got a photo booth w/ scrapbook (rented out by Academy DJs through Photo Booth Florida). It was so much fun! And it was all for a great price!

• Wedding: 10/22/2010
Services Used: DJ, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We read some amazing reviews on Richard, then read over his website adn loved how he expressed that even though your wedding is all about the bride adn groom you want to make sure the part is dancing all night. Which it was, his music selection was perfect, we did put a few songs on our must play list adn belive it or not those were the songs less people danced to but with everything else everyone was up and out of their seats having a good time. Its obvious he loves what he does adn really understands how to get the party going, he as great to work with and super fun! Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 10/15/2010
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Academy DJs was great. They were affordable and have tons and tons of music to choose from. You just have to tell them what you want and they will play it. Richard was very friendly and professional. The only problem I had was when he would into playing a different song, sometimes it didn't mix well. You can hear parts of a song then it would go back to the right song he wanted to play. That only happened a few times. Other than that he was great. I would definitely recommend him to others. Thanks again!

• Wedding: 08/06/2010
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Academy DJ's provided us with DJ Steadman. DJ Steadman was very prompt with his response time and constantly called to make sure that I was doing okay with the online platform and to answer any questions I might have had. Even though he was out of my area, he offered to drive down to meet my husband and I prior to the wedding if it made us more comfortable than talking on the phone and emailing. At the wedding he arrived in plenty of time and dressed in a professional manner. He spoke very clearly and managed to pronounce everyone's names correctly. He played music that we agreed on, managed to play everything on my play list, and complied with the do not play list. I had a wedding coordinator that was working with him on my timeline and he was able to work on the fly with no problems at all. Several guests at the wedding told me that he did an excellent job and asked for his info for upcoming events. Thank you DJ Steadman and Academy DJ's.... you were awesome!

• Wedding: 03/06/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can say? Except that this company is the best of the best! But don't get discouraged, this company can and will work with your needs. Talk about professionalism all of the way! There wasn't one feeling of regret with this company! Richard you totally rock!

• Wedding: 11/10/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Richard at Academy DJ was one of the best decisions I made about my wedding day! He was so nice and worked with us in every way possible. He listened to what we wanted for our perfect day and totally delivered! He was so professional and a great DJ to have. Thankyou so much!

• Wedding: 09/15/2009
888-867-7630
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards