Tasha Owen Photography

Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Services: High-Res, Liability Insurance
Items: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs
About Us
 Seems I can't recall when there hasn’t been a camera in my hand, or images floating around in my head. There is no doubt as a child that my parents had wished they had never given me the Super 8 movie camera... I bugged them constantly for film! But, I can't draw to save my life, so if I wanted to create pictures... well photography was going to be the road.
Photography has been a wonderful adventure, from Texas, to Los Angeles and many locations in between. But the direction that photography has taken me now has given me a revived passion. Weddings... who would have thought that 5 years ago I would embark on Wedding photography? Definitely not me. Guess it goes to show you never know what might be around the next bend. What started as something I thought I would "just try" has turned into a full time love affair.
My husband Tom is an amazing photographer and we have been working together for 25 years. He is the yin to my yang and makes every wedding technically run so smoothly. If it rains I know that lighting gear is but a moment away and will be set up in no time at all. He'll be there to lend a hand putting on boutonnières (which I might add he has become very good at), or maybe unloading a new piece of furniture into a field, then with the heart of an artist, pick up a camera and create wonderful photos. Yep... he is the man in my book!
We love what we do and have a strong commitment to make sure that the photos reflect not only our style, but also more importantly your style. This is your day, not a Tasha Owen photo shoot. I find cues on your vision from the kind of flowers you chose to the song for your first dance. There is no formula, some wedding parties want to jump in the air, others wouldn't dream of it, some grooms will whisk their bride up in his arms; another will quietly sneak a kiss to her cheek. I kind of chuckle at the thought of ever telling anyone to "smile". Weddings just happen... and that is what I LOVE the best!

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

By far my favorite vendor of our wedding. Tasha and her husband, Tom, were everything and more of what my now husband and I were looking for in photography. From our first discussion at the Seattle Bridal Expo, through our first meeting at her place in Tacoma and all pre-wedding contact to the day of and post-wedding communication, they truly provided the comfort and quality that every bride and groom looks for in wedding vendors. We worked with them ahead of time to create a "shots list" and they managed to capture nearly all of them without any struggle or stress. They let the natural flow of the day happen, but still managed to keep our high-energy group in "control." They provided their own transportation (even ALL the way to Anacortes!) and food, and went over and beyond to ensure both of us, the bride and groom, got exactly what we wanted; and it was done in the smoothest and most professional manner. Tasha was FABULOUS with working with the very young and high-energy children. She even had the adults laughing and relaxing with her fun animal sounds (ask for the horse). All of our guests were asking who our photographers were for weeks after the wedding - even when they weren't with us, they made awesome impressions with our family and friends. They were completely honest with us on turnaround times (we got married in the heart of wedding season!), and let us know when there would be any sort of delay. When we first received the photos so nicely assembled and printed in a memory box, we spent hours going through each and every one, and it felt like we were reliving the day that felt so blurred. I laughed and smiled, I even got a little emotional at some of the sentimental moments - it was surreal. They took individual shots of a lot of our guests, and each and every one perfectly captured their unique personalities. I can't convey in words how appreciative I am for the amazing job these two did. It truly felt like we had extended family as photographers.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: Photography
Associations I Belong to
Tasha Owen Photography is a wedding photographer from Seattle-Tacoma. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Puget Sound, Pacific Northwest, and Washington. Tasha Owen Photography is a professional wedding Photographer that has been part of the Seattle-Tacoma wedding industry for 10 years. We specialize in Photojournalistic Wedding Photography
253-761-8933
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards