Studio FBJ Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I used Faces By Joy for my on-site wedding hair and makeup and was extremely satisfied with the service I received. I found FBJ to be responsive when it came to requesting initial pricing information and throughout the booking process. This is a major plus because it can be stressful trying to secure wedding vendors during a popular wedding month and hearing back from vendors quickly is a great relief. I also needed to make a last-minute addition to the contract (with less than 30 days to the wedding) and they handled it without a problem.

I worked with Jessica for my hair/makeup service and thought she did a great job. During my trial she listened to the type of style I was going for and executed it perfectly. On the wedding day she was calm and collected and really made me feel at ease. She took the time to make sure I was really happy with the results and was very willing to make "edits" when wanted.

As far as value goes, FBJ seems to be more competitively priced than some of the competition and I truly felt like I was getting top notch service from them. We had a second stylist that worked on some of my bridesmaids and everyone's hair and makeup looked great. FBJ do a good job at not going overboard with the makeup and if a natural look is what you are going for, they will deliver.

Studio FBJ Weddings responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much! This means so much to us!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health
LOCATION
Mechanicsville, VA 23116
BLOG

Award Winning Makeup and Hair Styling

With over six years of experience with wedding beauty services, we have worked at hundreds of wedding venues throughout Central & Western Virginia. With Bridal features in over 100 plus wedding publications including print covers and online, we have the experience that you are looking for in your beauty team!

... read more

Voted "Best Makeup Artist 2011"  Richmond Magazine AND

Top 3 Aisle A-Lister by Richmond Magazine 2013

Welcome to Studio FBJ Weddings!

Originally launched as Faces by Joy 2009, we have been providing the area bridal specific Makeup and Hair styling services for 6  years. In 2011, we had the honor of being voted Richmond’s Best Makeup Artist by Richmond Magazine! In 2013, Top Aisle ‘A’ Lister, in Richmond Weddings Magazine! Currently, with a team of over 10 ladies we can assist you at your wedding!

Studio FBJ launched in 2012, providing couture photography services. In 2013, combining both Faces by Joy and Studio FBJ into a 1200 Square foot studio located in the Hanover, Virginia airpark, we continue to provide top level services for our brides and bridal parties including hair and makeup and now- photography services as Studio FBJ Weddings!!

We can take care of your bridal or engagement portraits, or you can work with us for the entire wedding for hair, makeup and photography (the Ultimate Bridal Experience)! Let our team handle your entire day!

We book very quickly for hair and makeup. There are many popular dates and only so many of us to create teams. Do get your contract in as soon as you can with your deposit to secure your date. It is only when we actually have your contract in hand that you will be officially booked.

We look forward to working with you!

*Bridal Consults

Hair: Updos/Styling
Makeup: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage
Licensed Professional: Yes
ENDORSEMENTS (4)
Had the privileged of working a wedding with Joy. She had her hands full with an entire Bridal party and she showed nothing but style, poise, confidence and a fantastic sense of humor. She made everyone look like they had just stepped off the pages of a magazine and her prices were incredible. I wish I could have her at every wedding; she's such a jolt of energy and fun to the event!
Studio FBJ Weddings is a wedding makeup and hair studio from Richmond, va. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Richmond, Williamsburg, and Charlottesville. Studio FBJ Weddings is a professional wedding hair and makeup on location team that has been part of the Richmond, VA wedding industry for 6 years. We specialize in wedding makeup and hair styling and on location services