Studio FBJ Weddings

Services: Hair, Makeup
Consultations: Yes
Large groups: Yes
About Us

Voted "Best Makeup Artist 2011"  Richmond Magazine AND Top 3 Aisle A-Lister by Richmond Magazine 2013

Welcome to Studio FBJ Weddings!

Originally launched as Faces by Joy 2009, we have been providing the area bridal specific Makeup and Hair styling services for 4 years. In 2011, we had the honor of being voted Richmond’s Best Makeup Artist by Richmond Magazine! In 2013, Top Aisle ‘A’ Lister, in Richmond Weddings Magazine! Currently, with a team of over 8 ladies we can assist you at your wedding!

Studio FBJ launched in 2012, providing couture photography services. In 2013, combining both Faces by Joy and Studio FBJ into a 1200 Square foot studio located in the Hanover, Virginia airpark, we continue to provide top level services for our brides and bridal parties including hair and makeup and now- photography services as Studio FBJ Weddings!!

We can take care of your bridal or engagement portraits, or you can work with us for the entire wedding for hair, makeup and photography (the Ultimate Bridal Experience)! Let our team handle your entire day!

We book very quickly for hair and makeup. There are many popular dates and only so many of us to create teams. Do get your contract in as soon as you can with your deposit to secure your date. It is only when we actually have your contract in hand that you will be officially booked.

We look forward to working with you!

*Bridal Consults

• Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Studio FBJ was everything I could have asked for. I had 11 people getting hair and makeup done- 7 bridesmaids, myself, my mother and MIL, and a "groomsmaid," so we were a pretty daunting group. RheaClare did all of the hair while Heidi did the makeup, and they did it on site at the wedding venue. My girls and I even arrived at the venue a little late (we had to stop at Starbucks... hahaha) and RheaClare and Heidi made up the time difference and even had us finished a bit early. RheaClare even curled the flower girl's hair at the last minute, even though we hadn't planned on that. They were professional but also fun (we had a blast with our cheesy music playlist), and everyone looked gorgeous. The lighting in the room at the venue was pretty rough, so as we went outside we saw that there were lines in some of our airbrushed foundations which couldn't be seen in the room. Heidi graciously went over everyone's makeup to make certain that there were no lines, and in the end everyone was perfect. My hair even stayed up-- which is a huge deal! My hair doesn't do anything, and it was absolutely stunning! My mom also hates having her hair done, because it's very fine and thin and never stays, and even she loved her hair. Many of us got the fake lashes as well, and I CANNOT recommend them enough. The lashes were gorgeous!! The beauty team really worked with us and made everyone feel pampered and beautiful. All of our hair and makeup survived through the wedding and reception, looked stunning in pictures, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a one-stop-shop for your wedding beauty!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health
Endorsements
Had the privileged of working a wedding with Joy. She had her hands full with an entire Bridal party and she showed nothing but style, poise, confidence and a fantastic sense of humor. She made everyone look like they had just stepped off the pages of a magazine and her prices were incredible. I wish I could have her at every wedding; she's such a jolt of energy and fun to the event!
Studio FBJ Weddings is a wedding makeup and hair stylist from Richmond, va. We service weddings througout the local area, including Charlottesville, Williamsburg, and Petersburg. Studio FBJ Weddings is a professional wedding makeup artist and hair stylist that has been part of the Richmond, VA wedding industry for 4 years. We specialize in bridal hair and airbrush makeup on location services
804-869-8007
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment