FBJ Weddings Reviews

FBJ Weddings 5
FBJ Weddings 6

Victoria · Married on 11/17/2018

Thank you FBJ!!

I originally signed a contract with another MUA for my wedding, but after Alicia did my hair and makeup for my boudoir photo shoot at Studio Romance (also FBJ) I knew that I needed to use FBJ instead! Joy was so helpful throughout the entire process, and was able to help me book Alicia and Amanda 2 months before my wedding. Alicia and Amanda came to my parents house to do our hair and makeup, showed up early to set up, and got right to work! They did an incredible job on my and my bridesmaids’ hair and makeup. Alicia really listened to what I wanted during my boudoir shoot and my trial to make sure that I was happy with my hair and makeup. Joy is the kindest person and always made me feel so welcome when I came into the studio. My only regret is not booking them sooner! Also, if anyone is on the fence about doing a boudoir shoot with Studio Romance/ FBJ, do it!! I was so nervous about how my photos would turn out, but with Alicia doing my hair and makeup, Joy taking the photos, and Anita telling me how to pose, the photos turned out even better than I had hoped!! Thanks so much FBJ for making one of the aspects of wedding planning I was most stressed about such a breeze :)

Sent on 11/21/2018

Tori!!!
    This means so much to us!! Thank you very much- we loved working with you on so many occasions and the wedding was the cherry on top!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for allowing us to be a part of your BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY!!!!!

Becca Moon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful!

FBJ styled for my wedding and they were absolutely fantastic. Joy is incredibly friendly, organized, and super quick to answer all questions. They did wedding hair and makeup for 10 women and did a great job on everyone. They were professional, efficient, and great about hearing what you wanted and making it happen for you. We had a large party and had to be ready by a certain time, the stylists were fantastic about getting everyone done in time but also making sure everyone looked great and was happy with their look.

Autumn did my bridal hair and I was totally blown away with it. She did an incredible job and it looked much better than I ever could have imagined. Courtney did my makeup and it was beautiful – she worked closely with me to find out exactly what I wanted but also offered great advice for what would work best for me. Overall I was thrilled with how I was styled for my wedding day.

What I was particularly impressed with was Joy’s “Say Yes” policy. I had a consultation, and I was happy with almost everything, but she noticed I wasn’t super excited about one aspect of it. She brought me back in for a consultation to ensure that I loved every aspect of my bridal styling – I LOVED what they did for me on my second consultation and am so glad that Joy brought me back in. Overall, FBJ did a fantastic job with my wedding!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2018

Beautiful Work by Beautiful People!

The entire FBJ team is amazing!!! From the booking process to the day of, everything was so easy and organized! Joy is incredible to work with and her entire team is so talented! Everyone they styled looked absolutely flawless!

Sent on 12/13/2018

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words and thoughts! This mean so much to us!!! We loved working with you :)

Lindsay Bartkowski · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing! Fun!

I can not say enough about Joy and FBJ Weddings. Amazing, fantastic, friendly and fun! As a stressed out bride with different ideas and worries. Joy put me at ease, figured out a style for my hair and makeup that put all my ideas together and gave me all the "feels" and she just made the experience fun and relaxed!!! I worked with Joy before for a boudoir photo shoot and she did not disappoint then!! My now husband loved those pictures I gave to him for his birthday, and he said then that this would be the person to photograph our marriage! I am so glad she did! On the day of the we had a huge storm coming, which I was worried about. I was able to quickly get a hold of Joy to change the schedule around. She was so flexible and worked her magic to get me ready for the first look before the storm. Because of her we got our highly anticipated pictures on a cliff off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I highly recommend using Joy and FBJ Weddings/Studio for hair/make up and photography! I wish I could post the breath taking she just sent me from our first look! Stunning!! I can not wait to use her again for another boudoir and maternity session

Sent on 11/09/2018

FBJ Weddings's reply:

OMG! Lindsay- your wedding day was a dream! I could not be more blessed that you and Neil decided on me to capture such an amazing time in your life. I am truly blessed and honored to have spent an incredible day with you both and your familes and friends!! Much Love!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Miller · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful Experience

The FBJ Team was so wonderful and we were so happy with the outcome. Mikalya and Angi get a special shout out as they were our team :) From the trial to the wedding day, I was kept well informed and they were always in good communication with me. I felt they were reasonably priced and worked with any special request we had. Would 100% recommend and use again!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful Hair!

First off I just want to say how sweet of a person Joy is (though I never got to meet her in person) she was so kind, understanding, and flexible! Her team was incredible and made every single girl look beautiful the day of and had our hair last all day through rain, dancing, and sweating! My bump never fell! Since I was in high school I've had an exact picture of what I wanted my hair to look like and they nailed it! Everyone else sent pictures in and they did such a good job copying them and making them look fabulous. Three girls got make up done and it was beautiful, natural, and made them look even more stunning. The team was nice and talkative and friendly, I would highly recommend FBJ to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    FBJ Weddings 7

FBJ Weddings's reply:

I have tears! This means the world to myself and the team- thank you for your very sweet hearfelt words. I am just thrilled beyond words. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Joy

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazingly Talented!

Alicia and Brandie did the most amazing job with my bridal hair and my bridesmaids' hair. Everyone could not stop raving about how much they loved their hair. They were super efficient and professional. We finished before scheduled!! They were so friendly and fun to hang out with as well. I'd recommend them to anyone, thank you FBJ Weddings - Alicia and Brandie!!

Sent on 11/05/2018
    FBJ Weddings 8
    FBJ Weddings 9
    FBJ Weddings 10

FBJ Weddings's reply:

this is so amazing and I can not thank you enough! The team had an amazing time with you all as well! THANK YOU!

Victoria · Married on 09/08/2018

I used Joy and her FBJ team for my bridal and bridal party makeup. These ladies are so wonderful to work with! From the time I booked FBJ to the day of the wedding, Joy continually reached out and followed up to ensure all the wedding day details were captured. Amber was my lead hair/makeup artist and she is a total gem!! She was so easy to work with and absolutely captured my vision. The entire team was timely and incredibly professional. Our hair and makeup was flawless and held up for a 12 hour plus wedding day! Highly recommend!!

Madison · Married on 06/09/2018

FBJ weddings was amazing to work with! During my trial - I had an amazing experience where Alicia really listened to what I wanted out of my hair and makeup. For the day - they showed up promptly and got down to business! All of my bridesmaids looks perfect - and the team took special care for the mothers. They were a fun group to hang out with while getting ready and really helped make my day perfect!

• Rhianna

Rhianna · Married on 05/11/2018

I was so happy with FBJ for hair and makeup! They were far more reasonably priced than all the other hair & makeup vendors I considered and so flexible helping me plan from out of state--even coming in to the studio to do my trial run on a day they were supposed to be closed! They came to the venue to do hair & makeup for my bridesmaids and I, they were prompt, and everything looked amazing! The airbrush makeup was really cool and they don't charge extra for it. They do offer some add-on services like tattoo covering and false eyelashes--I just wish you could use a credit card to pay for those on the spot rather than needing cash.

Sent on 05/30/2018
    FBJ Weddings 11

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful review!!! The TEAM LOVED working with the entire bridal party and our pleasure to do anything we could! Most of the team members are getting venmo, and paypal, and square-hopefully that will help for the future :)

Marianne · Married on 04/28/2018

Joy and her team were AMAZING to work with! After much research, I came across FBJ Weddings and was blown away by their work. I even recognized a classmate from college in one of their photos! Naturally, I reached out to get her opinion on working with them and she raved about her experience. I had 11 bridesmaids, 3 bridesmaids and a 2 pm church ceremony we had to be ready by. As you can imagine, this was a tall order to fill! Joy stepped right in offering her experience on perfectly scheduling the day to accommodate everyone under such tight time constraints. Not only did the FBJ team have all 15 of us done early and ahead of schedule, but somehow my 11 (somewhat picky) bridesmaids were extremely pleased with their hair and makeup for the day. Our day started at 8 am and lasted until the wee hours of the night and we couldn't believe how long the makeup lasted. The true MVP was Amber, who was my stylist. I was one of those indecisive brides that couldn't make up her mind. Amber stepped right in and helped me determine the perfect hairstyle and makeup. We did a trial in advance, which really helped pinpoint what I wanted. Amber was patient, truly listened to what I had in mind and flawlessly executed. She was also fun and genuinely excited to be apart of the big day. I was so impressed by the professionalism, timeliness and overall skill of each of the stylist. I would highly recommend FBJ as they exceeded all of my expectations!!

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2017

I loved having them come to me venue to do mine and my girls hair!! The woman who came just took one look at each picture and whipped their hair into shape so quickly and so beautifully!! we had an 85 degree humid day and my hair was still in tip top shape at the end of the night!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

FBJ Weddings's reply:

thank you so very much!!!

Meredith · Married on 08/05/2017

We are so happy with using Studio FBJ for our wedding! Joy was quick to respond to all my emails and she was flexible and professional. Tia did our hair and makeup and she did an amazing job. She is talented and made us all feel comfortable and relaxed during an otherwise stressful time. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/23/2017

FBJ Weddings's reply:

AWESOME!! Thank you so much! Loved working with you!!!

Caitlin · Married on 06/24/2017

I could not be happier that I chose to work with Studio FBJ Weddings for my wedding hair and makeup. They focus on wedding hair as their main job, so they are GOOD at what they do! Top reasons that I loved working with these ladies:
    1) They were efficient! They did beautiful updos in 30min flat, which I did not think was possible (especially for someone who has lots of thick hair, like me!). We finished even earlier than planned, which led to us being ahead of schedule on my wedding day. A dream!
    2) They understood the look that I wanted, which was classy, simple, and natural. They did not go overboard with the products, which I really appreciated
    3) They traveled to my house in Charlottesville, so my bridesmaids and I could have a hang out & get ready day before the wedding
    4) The hair and makeup look lasted for my ENTIRE wedding - through humidity, sweat, and dancing… I looked completely put together, even at the end of my big night
    5) They were organized in the planning process. No joke, they sent me a Google Doc (this is speaking my language!) to coordinate the schedule of the day, such as which bridesmaid will have her hair done by which stylist at which time. There was lots of communication, and it was very clear and prompt.
    6) The cost was reasonable compared to other hair stylists. It was also easy to pay online in advance of the wedding day, which I appreciate!
    My bridesmaids were happy with their hair, and many said it was their best-ever updo. I have already recommended this studio to two other brides-to-be! They are a definite win!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Thank you so very much!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

They were such a pleasure to work with. I reached out to them after my one hair and make up stylist fell through less than 30 days before my wedding. Joy with so fast at responding and helping me get everything I needed for my services. RheaClare was absolutely amazing! She did 7 on my girls hair and make up as well as my bridal make up. Airbrush was spot on and beautifully done (lasted through the night into the morning for some girls!) All of the girls were very happy with their hair. She worked with a short timeline and had us all prettied up even before my deadline! Loved and would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!!

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough about Joy and her studio! Tia did the hair for my bridesmaids and I, plus my make up. Tia was so much fun to work with! She gave me exactly what I wanted and I cannot thank her enough. Joy was amazing at always responding to my emails quickly and helping me get everything just how I wanted it. Studio FBJ were key in making my wedding day perfect- they are the best!

Sent on 06/11/2017

thank you so very much!! We loved working with you!! All our best!! Joy

Kelly · Married on 05/20/2017

My overall experience was so pleasant with Studio FBJ! Joy was so easy to coordinate with and always responded so quickly whenever I had any questions. My hair and makeup artist Rhea Clare was absolutely amazing! She was so kind, talented and worked quickly so that we had plenty of time to relax before we left for the wedding. Everyone in my bridal party looked stunning!

Sent on 05/23/2017

thank you so very much!! We loved working with you!! All our best!! Joy

Kelly · Married on 05/20/2017

Studio FBJ was such a pleasure to work with! Joy was very quick to respond all of my questions and was super easy to communicate with. Rhea Clare was the hair and make up artist and she was absolutely amazing! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and make up and they all looked stunning. She was very sweet and she did a fabulous job. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Laura · Married on 04/30/2017

The ladies at studio FBJ are so talented! Everyone looked flawless for my big day.

• F

eleni · Married on 02/25/2017

Joy was so accessible and flexible with my last minute changes, even adding a second hair/makeup artist so getting ready wouldn't be so rushed. Alicia and Heidi were punctual and made everyone look and feel beautiful. What was most impressive was their ability to apply makeup on more mature skin with it looking flawless. My grandma liked hers so much, she slept in it to have the next day. My mom and other grandma never wear makeup but both felt beautiful; my mom AND dad couldn't stop talking about how impressed they were! Alicia did exactly what I envisioned for myself with both hair and makeup and I couldn't have been more pleased! Their pricing was also reasonable. I would highly recommend this company...these ladies were incredible!

Sent on 03/13/2017

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Thank you so very much!! It was such a pleasure to work with you!!!!!! :)

Cameron · Married on 11/05/2016

RheaClare and Alicia did a really great job! We were all so happy with how our hair and makeup turned out. They were also very punctual, and Studio FBJ was extremely helpful and professional throughout every stage of the process.

Sent on 11/12/2016

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much! The ladies loved working with all of you!

Becky · Married on 10/29/2016

Studio FBJ was amazing to work with for my wedding at Cousiac Manor! Tia did my hair and makeup on-site and delivered EXACTLY what I wanted, and she was so patient with me when I was talking through my ideas with her. All of the ladies we interacted with at Studio FBJ were so sweet, flexible, professional, and organized. Tia and Amanda arrived at the venue on time and helped my bridesmaids, Mom, and me look great! I know my bridesmaids loved their looks because they could NOT stop taking selfies when they were all glammed up (thanks for packing extra lashes for everyone!!). Thank you so much Studio FBJ Weddings for making my girls and me look amazing on my wedding day!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/29/2016

Everything came out so beautifully! My hair and makeup were perfect and lasted throughout the night! Best of all, my makeup felt light and not caked on or overdone. Plus she was so accommodating in helping me with my indecisiveness on my hair - I just couldn't make up my mind! Everything was perfect from first correspondence to walking out the door to my wedding!

Brittany · Married on 07/09/2016

As a group of 13 ladies including myself, I am so pleased with my experience! Everyone looked gorgeous. The ladies doing our hair and makeup not only did a phenomenal job but they were so accommodating to my whole wedding party as well as additional guests. I can not say enough good things about Studio FBJ. They stayed ahead of schedule the whole day and played a big part in our day running smoothly and on time.

Sent on 07/14/2016

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Hi Brittany...Thank you so very much for your kind words! :)