FBJ Weddings Reviews

FBJ Weddings 4
FBJ Weddings 5

Chelsea S · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Extraordinary Service!

I had a truly incredible experience with Joy and FBJ weddings. I had to make a last minute schedule change with my wedding and the team was more than flexible and supportive, making it a very smooth, stress-free process! Alicia did my trial hair and makeup for my wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL! Dena did an AMAZING job on my hair and makeup for the wedding day! I highly recommend this team for any and all occasions!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Haskins · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Service!

FBJ Weddings did an amazing job for my wedding day. Joy sent email updates throughout the entire process to keep me on track and ensure everyone was ready for the big day. For the day of, all the stylists arrived promptly and ready to make us look our best. We had a large group of 10 girls and everyone looked great and were styled in time. I would highly recommend FBJ services for you wedding day needs!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Ron Morlock · Married on 11/02/2019

My wife and Bridesmaids looked Gorgeous!

Incredible, professional and stunning!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Shana

Shana Martin · Married on 10/31/2019

I've never looked better!

My bridal party and I were absolutely gorgeous for my wedding. Alicia is so kind, creative, and a total rockstar when it comes to makeup. She was so patient and created my entire look completely inspired by her own creativity. The absolute BEST person to make you look gorgeous for your special day.

FBJ Weddings 6
    FBJ Weddings 7
    Sent on 11/01/2019

Mara Jacobs · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful Wedding Prep & Day-Of Experience

Preparing for my wedding with FBJ was relaxing and fun! I had a makeup and hair consult with Megan six weeks before my wedding, and I looked and felt beautiful! Brandie performed all my waxing services, and she was quick and almost painless, which is saying a lot! Alicia colored my hair, and she did such a good job. She colored it exactly the way I asked, and helped me pick out a good shampoo for my hair. Every time I was there, Joy was cheerful and helpful, and made me feel welcome. On my wedding day, Megan did such a wonderful job with our hair and makeup, and everyone looked fabulous! At the last minute, the mom of the flower girl wanted to get her hair done, and Joy and Megan accommodated that last-minute request. We were so grateful! What a wonderful experience! I highly recommend FBJ for all your wedding beauty needs.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2019

Great to work with! Loved our hairstyles!

FBJ Weddings was very responsive and professional in all of our communications. Joy was always easy to contact and worked to line up the best stylist for mine and my bridesmaid's hair. Alicia was our stylist and she was AMAZING!! She got through 7 ladies efficiently and everyone was SO HAPPY with how their hair looked. She nailed the romantic look I wanted. I cannot recommend FBJ, and especially Alicia, enough!

FBJ Weddings 8
    FBJ Weddings 9
    Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 10/25/2019

Talented Team and Gorgeous Looks

I could have not asked for a better hair and makeup team! My Bridal party has still been raving about their looks (both hair and makeup). One Bridesmaid even claims it was the best she has ever looked at any wedding :). Joy was my main point of contact and was very easy to work with. She is extremely responsive via email and did a great job of keeping me informed of what I needed to be doing when (when to schedule makeup/hair trials, when I needed to confirm bridal hair and makeup, etc.). Amanda and Courtney were on-site on my wedding day, Amanda being my artist. Amanda nailed my hair and makeup look at the trial. I had an idea of what I wanted for hair, but she guided me when it came to makeup (she is extremely talented). They even have hairpieces (clips, pins, etc.) on-site that you can try with during your trial and purchase. Amanda and Courtney were great to spend the day with; my bridal party and I enjoyed having them while we were getting ready. 10/10 - I definitely recommend FBJ Weddings.

FBJ Weddings 10
    FBJ Weddings 11
    FBJ Weddings 12
    FBJ Weddings 13
    Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/19/2019

You can't go wrong with FBJ!

Angi was absolutely phenomenal! I can’t sing her praises enough. I was a little worried since not much of her work is featured on the FBJ Instagram, but I shouldn’t have been concerned at all. My trial at their beautiful, natural light-filled studio was great. She asked me what I liked about each part of the inspiration pictures I brought, focusing in on the small details. We settled on my makeup look quickly, and it was beautiful. It took a couple of tries to get my hair how I wanted it, but Angi was determined to get it exactly right; she communicated with me throughout, asking lots of questions and wanting feedback. She was definitely committed to hearing a firm and enthusiastic “yes” from me about each part of my look.
    On the wedding day, Angi showed up early to set up, and she was ready right on time to start my bridesmaid’s hair and makeup. She did an amazing job on my girls and my mother, again asking for specific things they liked about the looks they chose. We got a bit behind schedule, but Angi kept her cool – if she felt flustered by the clock, it was not at all apparent.
    After my trial, I emailed a few comments and changes I wanted to make for my hair/makeup. Angi was totally on board and executed the changes flawlessly. I felt so beautiful when she was finished, and I received SO many compliments about my hair and makeup specifically.
    Angi is so sweet, calm, professional, and skilled. She was easy to talk to, and she made me feel so comfortable, especial. Anyone would be lucky to have her as their hair and makeup artist!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie Relford · Married on 10/19/2019

Spotless salon with truly talented staff

I loved working with Brandie!! We just clicked during my consult and she went above and beyond to make sure I was 100% comfortable with my wedding look. If I said I didn’t like something, she was eager to try something else until I loved it. Not only is she extremely creative and intuitive when it comes to hair and makeup, she is SKILLED! Once we finished on my wedding day, she had me bounce around and my hair was not going ANYWHERE (perfect!). As someone who literally never wears makeup, Brandie had me feeling like a gorgeous forest spirit for my wedding. I left feeling confident and ready to be my best self. Joy (the owner) is also extremely kind and had even offered to let my maid of honor and I get dressed at their salon (since my venue didn’t have a bridal suite). Their new location in Ashland is adorable and feels fresh and clean. Definitely recommend using this team!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2019

Great stylists!

FBJ was absolutely wonderful! Super easy to work with and on time. The trial was great and the makeup and hair on the day of looked exactly as I expected. The staff was friendly and fun to be around.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Graham · Married on 10/05/2019

Happy Naturally Curly Bride!

I did a lot of research trying to find a hair stylist who could use my natural curls to create my wedding day updo. When I found FBJ, I saw that they were about to do a training with Instagram curly girl Glam Belle, and I immediately had confidence in them for my wedding hair - it meant a lot to me that they were going the extra mile to learn about natural curls! Alicia was our stylist (my four bridesmaids and me), and she was so professional and sweet. I told her that I wanted to look like a "woodland fairy" (lol), and I wanted pieces from my florals to be naturally placed in a purposefully unkempt way. I showed her a few pictures, and my hair was more beautiful than I could have imagined. She worked quickly (but with so much talent!) and was so kind with all of my bridesmaids. I would recommend her to anyone, especially curly girls!

FBJ Weddings 14
    FBJ Weddings 15
    FBJ Weddings 16
    FBJ Weddings 17
    Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime Markham · Married on 09/28/2019

Easy to work with and great work!

FBJ weddings was very easy to work with and super organized. Joy sent me multiple emails along the way telling me everything I needed to know. I did a trial for my hair and makeup and Megan was able to capture my vision. She made the process fun and felt like getting ready with a friend. All of my girls were happy with their hair and makeup and looked gorgeous for the big day! Definitely recommend Joy and her team!

FBJ Weddings 18
    Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley Beck · Married on 08/31/2019

Great, energetic and professional team

Absolutely loved them! Megan and Faith did an amazing job! They brought fun energy and made me feel relaxed and were focused on us having a great time! Megan made me feel comfortable from the very beginning with the trail and Joy is so responsive and answered all my questions! So glad to have them as part of my special day!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Mary

Mary Niezgoda · Married on 08/10/2019

Never have felt more beautiful!

I am so grateful my wedding planner recommended I reach out to Faces by Joy, I wasn't disappointed! From the start, Joy was prompt and professional and very organized with the timelines and invoice reminders, something this busy bride appreciated! She was quick to match me to an artist that excelled at the style I wanted for my special day.

Dena did my hair/make up trial, she was so calm and easy to work with. She was able to manage my thick hair and nail my vision! The studio dog was an added bonus to the trial!

Dena and Jennifer were the make up and hair artist team on the big day for myself and seven bridesmaids. We had so much fun getting ready in the bridal cottage onsite, listening to music and getting ready, it honestly was as if they were an extension of my bridal party! My bridesmaids and I all felt beautiful and at ease. Dena absolutely rocked my bridal hair and airbrush makeup which stood up to the August heat!

Thank you FBJ team for a lovely, stress free experience! I have already recommended your team to my bride-to-be colleagues!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Jaclyn Powell · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful experience

I recently booked FBJ for my wedding a few weeks ago and I cannot speak highly enough of this company! I'm picky when it comes to choosing vendors (especially someone who is going to be spending hours with me on my wedding day). Faith was the hair and make up artist for both me and my bridesmaids. Besides doing a fantastic job, she was equally professional, relaxed, and accommodating. She listens and truly captures what you're asking for. She fit right in with all of the girls, making for an easy and fun environment for all of us getting ready. Also, it ended up being >100 degrees the day of my wedding and my hair/make up stayed throughout the night. I was very impressed! Joy (the owner) was on top it from day one. She is very easy to communicate with and is highly organized, supplying you with a timeline and reminders of payments, etc well in advance. It's obvious that she loves this industry and taking care of all her brides. She's constantly expanding her business and service options.

I also had a boudoir photo shoot a few months prior to the wedding after my hair/makeup trial. If you are on the fence about this.. don't be! It was so much fun, honestly I wish I could do it again. Joy and Anita are amazing! They make the whole process so easy, you don't have to worry about a thing and the pictures turned out perfectly. And of course, my groom loved the surprise. Choose FBJ for wedding needs, you won't be disappointed!

FBJ Weddings 19
    FBJ Weddings 20
    FBJ Weddings 21
    FBJ Weddings 22
    Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Ginger

Ginger Belongia · Married on 07/06/2019

Saved The Day

I was referred to FBJ just a few weeks before my wedding after the stylist I had initially booked didn't work out. I was so relieved to find FBJ and extremely happy with my experience. Joy was responsive, professional and encouraging throughout the planning process. She truly listened to understand my needs and matched me with a terrific stylist, Alicia, who was also incredibly professional and collaborative. During my trial, I appreciated that Alicia played with two or three hairstyles until we landed on one that I loved. The day of my wedding, she was friendly and efficient doing hair and makeup for me, my MOH, mom and sister. All of us were happy with our looks and felt beautiful yet natural.

FBJ Weddings 23
    FBJ Weddings 24
    FBJ Weddings 25
    Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/01/2019

Great experience!

FBJ did mine and my bridesmaid's hair and makeup and they did such a good job! Dena did my hair and makeup and I'm so grateful-- she did such an amazing job! I wasn't sure if I liked the hairstyle I chose after my first trial, and so I came back for a second trial free of charge and they were so helpful! Also recommend the boudoir shoot that comes with the trial!!! it was actually fun!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

FBJ did a great job!

FBJ went above and beyond to make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world on my wedding day! I wanted my hair in a low bun but it was challenging to obtain the look I envisioned because my hair was so long and thick. FBJ went ABOVE AND BEYOND and did some research as to what type of bun they could do so that I didn't have to settle on having my hair half-up/half-down; I was able to come back for another trial to make sure I would be happy on the day of the wedding with my hair. I really appreciated that they cared and wanted me to be happy! They did such an amazing job with makeup as well, and all my bridesmaids felt beautiful! I would definitely recommend FBJ for your wedding hair and makeup!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Ellen · Married on 05/25/2019

LOVED my hair and makeup!

Alicia did my hair and makeup for my wedding and understood exactly what I was envisioning. She did a fantastic job. She listened and worked with me to make sure everything was exactly as I wanted, and it turned out great! The airbrush makeup stayed on and my hair stayed up all night through heat, humidity and dancing! I was very pleased with everything and would definitely recommend FBJ Weddings.

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Yasko · Married on 05/11/2019

Phenomenal service with FBJ!

The FBJ team beyond exceeded my expectations. I booked them after hearing about them through our venue, and after reading a few comments online. Joy was such a pleasure to work with, making the process sooo easy yet detailed. We had a timeline set up prior to the wedding, of the order of hair/makeup for each of the bridesmaids. Having a larger wedding party - you don't want to wake up at the crack of dawn to start hair and make up. They were truly accommodating to bring in enough stylists to get the job done within the allocated time frame I had put together with the venue. Not to mention the FBJ girls are SO fun, fabulous, and kind. They made my day so special and I will never forget them. I highly recommend!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Experience

I used FBJ weddings for our June wedding at The Market at Grelen. They were SO amazing to work with. FBJ were organized, flexible, and quick with communication. On the wedding day we had Alicia for hair and Brandie for makeup. They did such a beautiful and stunning job on my bridesmaids, mom, and myself. The whole process working with them from start to finish was so easy and stress free. I'm so incredibly happy that I chose FBJ for our wedding day!

FBJ Weddings 26
    FBJ Weddings 27
    FBJ Weddings 28
    Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 05/11/2019

I want to get married again, just to have my hair and makeup redone by Autumn :)

Such a great experience working with Joy and Autumn! They were able to execute on what I envisioned perfectly, even better than I could have imagined! I wanted a sleek, classic look - which isn't necessarily easy to accomplish when you've got a lot of very heavy hair, but they made it happen! Even better, Autumn was able to create an awesome make-up look, despite me having no idea what I wanted, except for "something simple, that isn't plain"

The day of the wedding was made that much more fun with Autumn and Maddie there! My group of girls are pretty casual, which sometimes means difficult to reign in - but they handled it like champs, and were finished ahead of schedule!

Cannot wait for the next time I have an excuse to get my hair and makeup professionally done, I won't hesitate to reach out to FBJ!

FBJ Weddings 29
    FBJ Weddings 30
    FBJ Weddings 31
    FBJ Weddings 32
    Sent on 07/02/2019

Kayla · Married on 04/18/2019

Love FBJ Weddings

Faith and Dena were awesome. They were funny and prompt, even though I was late. My hair and makeup was beautiful, I also had my tattoo covered up. Totally worth the price! You couldn’t see it! I like that they came to my venue, that eliminated stress and saves time! Totally recommend them!

FBJ Weddings 33
    Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 03/30/2019

Hair and Makeup Experts

FBJ Weddings did the hair and makeup for myself, my mother and my three bridesmaids for my wedding this past March. They were quick, friendly, and everything looked amazing. I found them to be pretty affordable, and was extremely happy with the way everything turned out!

FBJ Weddings 34
    FBJ Weddings 35
    FBJ Weddings 36
    Sent on 05/30/2019

Victoria · Married on 11/17/2018

Thank you FBJ!!

I originally signed a contract with another MUA for my wedding, but after Alicia did my hair and makeup for my boudoir photo shoot at Studio Romance (also FBJ) I knew that I needed to use FBJ instead! Joy was so helpful throughout the entire process, and was able to help me book Alicia and Amanda 2 months before my wedding. Alicia and Amanda came to my parents house to do our hair and makeup, showed up early to set up, and got right to work! They did an incredible job on my and my bridesmaids’ hair and makeup. Alicia really listened to what I wanted during my boudoir shoot and my trial to make sure that I was happy with my hair and makeup. Joy is the kindest person and always made me feel so welcome when I came into the studio. My only regret is not booking them sooner! Also, if anyone is on the fence about doing a boudoir shoot with Studio Romance/ FBJ, do it!! I was so nervous about how my photos would turn out, but with Alicia doing my hair and makeup, Joy taking the photos, and Anita telling me how to pose, the photos turned out even better than I had hoped!! Thanks so much FBJ for making one of the aspects of wedding planning I was most stressed about such a breeze :)

Sent on 11/21/2018

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Tori!!!
    This means so much to us!! Thank you very much- we loved working with you on so many occasions and the wedding was the cherry on top!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for allowing us to be a part of your BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY!!!!!