FBJ Weddings Reviews

FBJ Weddings 6
FBJ Weddings 7

Chelsea S · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Extraordinary Service!

I had a truly incredible experience with Joy and FBJ weddings. I had to make a last minute schedule change with my wedding and the team was more than flexible and supportive, making it a very smooth, stress-free process! Alicia did my trial hair and makeup for my wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL! Dena did an AMAZING job on my hair and makeup for the wedding day! I highly recommend this team for any and all occasions!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Ginger

Ginger Belongia · Married on 07/06/2019

Saved The Day

I was referred to FBJ just a few weeks before my wedding after the stylist I had initially booked didn't work out. I was so relieved to find FBJ and extremely happy with my experience. Joy was responsive, professional and encouraging throughout the planning process. She truly listened to understand my needs and matched me with a terrific stylist, Alicia, who was also incredibly professional and collaborative. During my trial, I appreciated that Alicia played with two or three hairstyles until we landed on one that I loved. The day of my wedding, she was friendly and efficient doing hair and makeup for me, my MOH, mom and sister. All of us were happy with our looks and felt beautiful yet natural.

Sent on 08/02/2019
    FBJ Weddings 8
    FBJ Weddings 9
    FBJ Weddings 10
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/01/2019

Great experience!

FBJ did mine and my bridesmaid's hair and makeup and they did such a good job! Dena did my hair and makeup and I'm so grateful-- she did such an amazing job! I wasn't sure if I liked the hairstyle I chose after my first trial, and so I came back for a second trial free of charge and they were so helpful! Also recommend the boudoir shoot that comes with the trial!!! it was actually fun!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

FBJ did a great job!

FBJ went above and beyond to make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world on my wedding day! I wanted my hair in a low bun but it was challenging to obtain the look I envisioned because my hair was so long and thick. FBJ went ABOVE AND BEYOND and did some research as to what type of bun they could do so that I didn't have to settle on having my hair half-up/half-down; I was able to come back for another trial to make sure I would be happy on the day of the wedding with my hair. I really appreciated that they cared and wanted me to be happy! They did such an amazing job with makeup as well, and all my bridesmaids felt beautiful! I would definitely recommend FBJ for your wedding hair and makeup!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Ellen · Married on 05/25/2019

LOVED my hair and makeup!

Alicia did my hair and makeup for my wedding and understood exactly what I was envisioning. She did a fantastic job. She listened and worked with me to make sure everything was exactly as I wanted, and it turned out great! The airbrush makeup stayed on and my hair stayed up all night through heat, humidity and dancing! I was very pleased with everything and would definitely recommend FBJ Weddings.

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Yasko · Married on 05/11/2019

Phenomenal service with FBJ!

The FBJ team beyond exceeded my expectations. I booked them after hearing about them through our venue, and after reading a few comments online. Joy was such a pleasure to work with, making the process sooo easy yet detailed. We had a timeline set up prior to the wedding, of the order of hair/makeup for each of the bridesmaids. Having a larger wedding party - you don't want to wake up at the crack of dawn to start hair and make up. They were truly accommodating to bring in enough stylists to get the job done within the allocated time frame I had put together with the venue. Not to mention the FBJ girls are SO fun, fabulous, and kind. They made my day so special and I will never forget them. I highly recommend!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Experience

I used FBJ weddings for our June wedding at The Market at Grelen. They were SO amazing to work with. FBJ were organized, flexible, and quick with communication. On the wedding day we had Alicia for hair and Brandie for makeup. They did such a beautiful and stunning job on my bridesmaids, mom, and myself. The whole process working with them from start to finish was so easy and stress free. I'm so incredibly happy that I chose FBJ for our wedding day!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    FBJ Weddings 11
    FBJ Weddings 12
    FBJ Weddings 13
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 05/11/2019

I want to get married again, just to have my hair and makeup redone by Autumn :)

Such a great experience working with Joy and Autumn! They were able to execute on what I envisioned perfectly, even better than I could have imagined! I wanted a sleek, classic look - which isn't necessarily easy to accomplish when you've got a lot of very heavy hair, but they made it happen! Even better, Autumn was able to create an awesome make-up look, despite me having no idea what I wanted, except for "something simple, that isn't plain"

The day of the wedding was made that much more fun with Autumn and Maddie there! My group of girls are pretty casual, which sometimes means difficult to reign in - but they handled it like champs, and were finished ahead of schedule!

Cannot wait for the next time I have an excuse to get my hair and makeup professionally done, I won't hesitate to reach out to FBJ!

Sent on 07/02/2019
    FBJ Weddings 14
    FBJ Weddings 15
    FBJ Weddings 16
    FBJ Weddings 17

Kayla · Married on 04/18/2019

Love FBJ Weddings

Faith and Dena were awesome. They were funny and prompt, even though I was late. My hair and makeup was beautiful, I also had my tattoo covered up. Totally worth the price! You couldn’t see it! I like that they came to my venue, that eliminated stress and saves time! Totally recommend them!

Sent on 04/20/2019
    FBJ Weddings 18
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 03/30/2019

Hair and Makeup Experts

FBJ Weddings did the hair and makeup for myself, my mother and my three bridesmaids for my wedding this past March. They were quick, friendly, and everything looked amazing. I found them to be pretty affordable, and was extremely happy with the way everything turned out!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    FBJ Weddings 19
    FBJ Weddings 20
    FBJ Weddings 21

Victoria · Married on 11/17/2018

Thank you FBJ!!

I originally signed a contract with another MUA for my wedding, but after Alicia did my hair and makeup for my boudoir photo shoot at Studio Romance (also FBJ) I knew that I needed to use FBJ instead! Joy was so helpful throughout the entire process, and was able to help me book Alicia and Amanda 2 months before my wedding. Alicia and Amanda came to my parents house to do our hair and makeup, showed up early to set up, and got right to work! They did an incredible job on my and my bridesmaids’ hair and makeup. Alicia really listened to what I wanted during my boudoir shoot and my trial to make sure that I was happy with my hair and makeup. Joy is the kindest person and always made me feel so welcome when I came into the studio. My only regret is not booking them sooner! Also, if anyone is on the fence about doing a boudoir shoot with Studio Romance/ FBJ, do it!! I was so nervous about how my photos would turn out, but with Alicia doing my hair and makeup, Joy taking the photos, and Anita telling me how to pose, the photos turned out even better than I had hoped!! Thanks so much FBJ for making one of the aspects of wedding planning I was most stressed about such a breeze :)

Sent on 11/21/2018

Tori!!!
    This means so much to us!! Thank you very much- we loved working with you on so many occasions and the wedding was the cherry on top!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for allowing us to be a part of your BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY!!!!!

Becca Moon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful!

FBJ styled for my wedding and they were absolutely fantastic. Joy is incredibly friendly, organized, and super quick to answer all questions. They did wedding hair and makeup for 10 women and did a great job on everyone. They were professional, efficient, and great about hearing what you wanted and making it happen for you. We had a large party and had to be ready by a certain time, the stylists were fantastic about getting everyone done in time but also making sure everyone looked great and was happy with their look.

Autumn did my bridal hair and I was totally blown away with it. She did an incredible job and it looked much better than I ever could have imagined. Courtney did my makeup and it was beautiful – she worked closely with me to find out exactly what I wanted but also offered great advice for what would work best for me. Overall I was thrilled with how I was styled for my wedding day.

What I was particularly impressed with was Joy’s “Say Yes” policy. I had a consultation, and I was happy with almost everything, but she noticed I wasn’t super excited about one aspect of it. She brought me back in for a consultation to ensure that I loved every aspect of my bridal styling – I LOVED what they did for me on my second consultation and am so glad that Joy brought me back in. Overall, FBJ did a fantastic job with my wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2018

Beautiful Work by Beautiful People!

The entire FBJ team is amazing!!! From the booking process to the day of, everything was so easy and organized! Joy is incredible to work with and her entire team is so talented! Everyone they styled looked absolutely flawless!

Sent on 12/13/2018

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words and thoughts! This mean so much to us!!! We loved working with you :)

Emily · Married on 11/03/2018

Loved fbj!

I LOVED working with FBJ Studios. From my first consultation, Joy and her team made me feel like I was part of their family. I had my makeup done by Faith, and (I think) Amber did hair and makeup for some of my bridesmaid and mother-in-law. Everyone was so happy with how their looks turned out. Faith is a ray of sunshine and her bubbly spirit really put me at ease during the whole prep process. And Joy! I did a boudior shoot with her a few months prior to the wedding. She was such fun to work with and the photos came out absolutely beautifully. Thank you Joy and team for making my day so special!

Sent on 03/03/2019
    FBJ Weddings 22

Lindsay Bartkowski · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing! Fun!

I can not say enough about Joy and FBJ Weddings. Amazing, fantastic, friendly and fun! As a stressed out bride with different ideas and worries. Joy put me at ease, figured out a style for my hair and makeup that put all my ideas together and gave me all the "feels" and she just made the experience fun and relaxed!!! I worked with Joy before for a boudoir photo shoot and she did not disappoint then!! My now husband loved those pictures I gave to him for his birthday, and he said then that this would be the person to photograph our marriage! I am so glad she did! On the day of the we had a huge storm coming, which I was worried about. I was able to quickly get a hold of Joy to change the schedule around. She was so flexible and worked her magic to get me ready for the first look before the storm. Because of her we got our highly anticipated pictures on a cliff off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I highly recommend using Joy and FBJ Weddings/Studio for hair/make up and photography! I wish I could post the breath taking she just sent me from our first look! Stunning!! I can not wait to use her again for another boudoir and maternity session

Sent on 11/09/2018

FBJ Weddings's reply:

OMG! Lindsay- your wedding day was a dream! I could not be more blessed that you and Neil decided on me to capture such an amazing time in your life. I am truly blessed and honored to have spent an incredible day with you both and your familes and friends!! Much Love!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Miller · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful Experience

The FBJ Team was so wonderful and we were so happy with the outcome. Mikalya and Angi get a special shout out as they were our team :) From the trial to the wedding day, I was kept well informed and they were always in good communication with me. I felt they were reasonably priced and worked with any special request we had. Would 100% recommend and use again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful Hair!

First off I just want to say how sweet of a person Joy is (though I never got to meet her in person) she was so kind, understanding, and flexible! Her team was incredible and made every single girl look beautiful the day of and had our hair last all day through rain, dancing, and sweating! My bump never fell! Since I was in high school I've had an exact picture of what I wanted my hair to look like and they nailed it! Everyone else sent pictures in and they did such a good job copying them and making them look fabulous. Three girls got make up done and it was beautiful, natural, and made them look even more stunning. The team was nice and talkative and friendly, I would highly recommend FBJ to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    FBJ Weddings 23

FBJ Weddings's reply:

I have tears! This means the world to myself and the team- thank you for your very sweet hearfelt words. I am just thrilled beyond words. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Joy

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazingly Talented!

Alicia and Brandie did the most amazing job with my bridal hair and my bridesmaids' hair. Everyone could not stop raving about how much they loved their hair. They were super efficient and professional. We finished before scheduled!! They were so friendly and fun to hang out with as well. I'd recommend them to anyone, thank you FBJ Weddings - Alicia and Brandie!!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    FBJ Weddings 24
    FBJ Weddings 25
    FBJ Weddings 26

FBJ Weddings's reply:

this is so amazing and I can not thank you enough! The team had an amazing time with you all as well! THANK YOU!

Victoria · Married on 09/08/2018

I used Joy and her FBJ team for my bridal and bridal party makeup. These ladies are so wonderful to work with! From the time I booked FBJ to the day of the wedding, Joy continually reached out and followed up to ensure all the wedding day details were captured. Amber was my lead hair/makeup artist and she is a total gem!! She was so easy to work with and absolutely captured my vision. The entire team was timely and incredibly professional. Our hair and makeup was flawless and held up for a 12 hour plus wedding day! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Madison · Married on 06/09/2018

FBJ weddings was amazing to work with! During my trial - I had an amazing experience where Alicia really listened to what I wanted out of my hair and makeup. For the day - they showed up promptly and got down to business! All of my bridesmaids looks perfect - and the team took special care for the mothers. They were a fun group to hang out with while getting ready and really helped make my day perfect!

Sent on 06/12/2018
  • Rhianna

Rhianna · Married on 05/11/2018

I was so happy with FBJ for hair and makeup! They were far more reasonably priced than all the other hair & makeup vendors I considered and so flexible helping me plan from out of state--even coming in to the studio to do my trial run on a day they were supposed to be closed! They came to the venue to do hair & makeup for my bridesmaids and I, they were prompt, and everything looked amazing! The airbrush makeup was really cool and they don't charge extra for it. They do offer some add-on services like tattoo covering and false eyelashes--I just wish you could use a credit card to pay for those on the spot rather than needing cash.

Sent on 05/30/2018
    FBJ Weddings 27

FBJ Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful review!!! The TEAM LOVED working with the entire bridal party and our pleasure to do anything we could! Most of the team members are getting venmo, and paypal, and square-hopefully that will help for the future :)

Marianne · Married on 04/28/2018

Joy and her team were AMAZING to work with! After much research, I came across FBJ Weddings and was blown away by their work. I even recognized a classmate from college in one of their photos! Naturally, I reached out to get her opinion on working with them and she raved about her experience. I had 11 bridesmaids, 3 bridesmaids and a 2 pm church ceremony we had to be ready by. As you can imagine, this was a tall order to fill! Joy stepped right in offering her experience on perfectly scheduling the day to accommodate everyone under such tight time constraints. Not only did the FBJ team have all 15 of us done early and ahead of schedule, but somehow my 11 (somewhat picky) bridesmaids were extremely pleased with their hair and makeup for the day. Our day started at 8 am and lasted until the wee hours of the night and we couldn't believe how long the makeup lasted. The true MVP was Amber, who was my stylist. I was one of those indecisive brides that couldn't make up her mind. Amber stepped right in and helped me determine the perfect hairstyle and makeup. We did a trial in advance, which really helped pinpoint what I wanted. Amber was patient, truly listened to what I had in mind and flawlessly executed. She was also fun and genuinely excited to be apart of the big day. I was so impressed by the professionalism, timeliness and overall skill of each of the stylist. I would highly recommend FBJ as they exceeded all of my expectations!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2017

I loved having them come to me venue to do mine and my girls hair!! The woman who came just took one look at each picture and whipped their hair into shape so quickly and so beautifully!! we had an 85 degree humid day and my hair was still in tip top shape at the end of the night!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

FBJ Weddings's reply:

thank you so very much!!!

Meredith · Married on 08/05/2017

We are so happy with using Studio FBJ for our wedding! Joy was quick to respond to all my emails and she was flexible and professional. Tia did our hair and makeup and she did an amazing job. She is talented and made us all feel comfortable and relaxed during an otherwise stressful time. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/23/2017

FBJ Weddings's reply:

AWESOME!! Thank you so much! Loved working with you!!!