Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair

Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair

My name is Liz Chang & I aspire to change the world one face at a time!

Mountain View, CA 94043 | map
Services: Hair, Makeup, Manicure / Pedicure
Consultations: Yes
Large groups: Yes
About Us

Based in Northern California/Bay Area, Elizabeth Chang of Skyla Arts enjoys providing quality makeup & hair artistry and customer service to her clients.  Elizabeth prefers to be called by her nickname, Liz. Liz, her husband Bo, and their cat, Skyla, are happily growing their roots in Mountain View, along with their growing collection of electronics. When Liz is not with a bridal client, she is working on-set for commercials and advertising, making her an expert in providing hair & makeup for events, as well as print & film.  Published in online wedding blogs as well as magazines such as Seventeen, ELLE China, Hero Magazine, Tantalum, La Petite, Z-Life Magazine & Entrepreneur, Liz has also been on the hair & makeup team for editorials featured in The Knot (National) and Vogue Italia Sposa. Growing up, she loved teaching others tricks of the trade and noticed the instant positive effect makeup application had on her peers. It is “the look” in her clients’ eyes that say “I love the way I look!” that brings Elizabeth satisfaction and inspires her to continue working in the beauty industry.

Having lived in 3 continents and 6 countries, Liz identifies as a citizen of Planet Earth. She is passionate about social justice, especially in education and women’s issues, and aims to use her beauty techniques to help people achieve their goals. Elizabeth believes in the importance of environmental responsibility; beauty is important, but not at the cost of our environment! Watching the Bride & Groom exchange vows, either when she is hired to do touch-ups, or watching the video highlights after-the-fact never fails to bring tears to Liz’s eyes.  There is nothing more beautiful and inspiring than watching two people embark on the next chapter of their lives.  I cannot wait to work with you!

The best way to reach me is via my contact form on my website!  When I am on-set or working with a client, I cannot answer my phone and oftentimes end up playing phone tag!  My email liz@skyla-arts.com is also great too!  I look forward to hear from you! :)

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liz did my hair and makeup for my wedding in August 2013, as well as hair for my two bridesmaids. Liz came highly recommended through my coordinator, and though were unable to meet in person until the day before my wedding as we live in Chicago and were married in Sonoma Valley, I was able to have a hair trial with her at the venue the day before the wedding. While her services are not cheap, she is quite talented, professional, very punctual, can travel to you and does a great job of taking scattered ideas and putting them together. I was extremely happy with my hair and makeup, even though I was not quite sure what I wanted at the outset. She really knows how to do makeup that does not look caked on and photographs very well. I think that takes a lot of talent and patience for a hair and makeup artist, especially one that has not gotten to meet the person they are working until a day before the wedding! She really knows how to do makeup that does not look caked on and photographs very well.

An example of Liz's professionalism was when my strangely sensitive skin had a random reaction to one of the products that had been used on me before that day (think tomato red and a little puffy all over my face!) a few hours before the wedding. Liz did a great job of letting me know, keeping everyone calm about it and helping me take the redness and swelling down. By the time pictures rolled around, the redness had subsided, and even if it had not, I am confident she could have covered it no problem.

On top of everything else, Liz is just a genuinely nice, friendly person, which makes the hours of bridal prep at a stressful time much more relaxing. I would strongly recommend her to anyone!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Beauty & Health
Profile Picture
Anonymous
Associations I Belong to
Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair is a wedding makeup and hair artist from San Francisco Bay Area. We service weddings througout the local area, including Carmel & Monterey, Sonoma & Napa, and Livermore & Pleasanton . Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair is a professional wedding bridal beauty service provider that has been part of the Northern California wedding industry for 5 years. We specialize in Wedding Makeup & Hair, Print, Advertising, Film
323-346-7599
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards