Michael & Anna Costa Photographers

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Michael was our wedding photographer and he was absolutely fantastic to work with! Anna led the planning with such attentiveness to detail, timeliness, and organization. Super responsive, accommodating of our requests and she did it all with a smile on her face. At least that is what I imagine over our phone calls and email conversations. You could feel her sweetness though email!

Michael was so easy-going, cheerful, thoughtful but decisive in how he worked. It was like watching a brilliant artist do his thing. When he arrived in the bridal suite, I was a bundle of nerves, but his calm and warm demeanor melted the nerves, which I'm guessing translates to better photos of me! Michael and his assistant were like ninjas during the wedding. Invisible but everywhere. His assistant was fantastic too. Both of them were on top of it all.

We haven't received our photos yet, but I'm confident they will be beautiful. After scouring all their photos, both on their website and on wedding blogs, I have no doubt the photos will be beautiful and bring tears to my eyes.

I am so thankful to have been able to work with them for our wedding. If you are looking for a photographer, please consider Michael and Anna! PS: Our wedding was at Carondelet House in LA. So if your wedding will be there, go with someone who has photographed it before and knows the space and its beautiful details, like Michael!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
BLOG

Santa Barbara wedding photographers, Michael + Anna Costa record your wedding in an imaginative, journalistic style. Their images distill the color/ warmth/ love/ creativity/ fun/ beauty/ detail/ substance/ style of you and your wedding to delight in for as long as you both shall live. They are often complemented on their amiable, unobtrusive nature (we believe photo-ninjas to be the exact phrase) and harmoniousness with everyone involved.

Michael + Anna have won numerous awards for their wedding photography and their images have been featured in several publications including: PDN • Professional Photographer • Destination iDo • The Knot Magazine Editor’s Choice Award for Best Wedding of the Year • Your Wedding Day (YWD) • Cover and Feature article for Las Vegas Bride • Pacific Weddings’ Love-Notes • Southern Weddings • the Wedding Photojournalist Association (Award) • Artistic Guild [AG]WPJA (Multiple Awards) • Rangefinder • Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (Multiple Awards) • Style Me Pretty (1) (2), and many others.

Their images also appear in books • Grace Ormonde: Being in Love Never Goes Out of StyleVisual Poetry • The Best of Photographic Lighting volume II • Master Lighting Guide for Wedding Photographers • 100 Techniques For Professional Wedding Photographers • Adobe Photoshops’ best selling “Lynda” series • Eating Well: In Season • & TV Shows: Platinum Weddings • TV Guide Network’s The Water Cooler • and E! Entertainment’s: Who’s Wedding Is It Anyway?

Residing in Santa Barbara, Michael + Anna have photographed at all of the adored Santa Barbara wedding locations & venues, though have made a career photographing Destination Weddings in several locations in and outside of the United States from Cancun to Canada, from San Francisco to New York.

Details
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Services: High-Res, Liability Insurance
Items: Albums, Prints, Thank You Cards
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)