DJ Fitz Otis

Profile Picture
Lindsay
1 Review
01/03/2015

My now husband and I hired Fitz upon booking a venue that was a tad too small to host a band with the size of our guest list. I was never one of the girls that felt strongly either way, band or DJ, but was definitely worried that I'd have trouble finding a DJ in Sarasota that would set the party tone for our wedding without making it feel like a glorified Bar Mitzvah.

A friend of a friend referred Fitz to us. Fitz met with my then fiance and I in New York where we live and he happened to be for a trip - he was immediately personable and really just wanted to get to know us as a couple before we put down a deposit. After about a half hour, we knew it was a fit, and continued correspondence via email until we arrived in town for our wedding.

Throughout the entire process, Fitz was so quick to respond to any of my frantic emails of questions and went above and beyond to help me think through things. The week before our wedding, we met Fitz in his home to go over last minute details and hash out some final decisions - I felt entirely comfortable going into our actual wedding day.

Besides one playlist I compiled for pre-ceremony, we left everything else up to him and just let him know what type of music and what vibe we were looking for. He picked up on songs people liked and played more like it, and even repeated the crowd favorites for round 2. After the wedding, we had so many guests compliment us on our DJ, ask for the playlist, and say they had never been to a DJ wedding that was so well done. Our dance floor was packed the entire night - which is all we wanted going into our wedding reception.

I would highly, highly recommend Fitz to anyone in the Sarasota/Tampa Bay area looking for a DJ to get the party started and keep it going. He was professional, personable, and a great vendor to work with as a bride to be.

Services Used: DJ
LOCATION
4411 Diamond Circle N, Sarasota, FL 34233

Great Music, Great Events, No Cheese

Great Music, Great Events, No cheese. Fitz is one of the area’s top DJs specializing in wedding receptions.  Many of the best wedding vendors on the Gulf Coast of Florida refer their customers to Fitz because they know he will offer them a level of service and professionalism that is rarely found in the entertainment industry. Past customers recommend Fitz because he can provide a first class show that is organized and fun without gimmicks. Reviews by both customers and professional colleagues show his consistent dedication to make every event unforgettable.

Your event will receive the kind of attention required to make sure every detail is covered. From the introductions to the last dance Fitz will work with you to plan the events and music for your reception. Once you’re there it’s time to have fun and let him handle the rest. There is no substitute for experience when it comes to playing music for a party crowd. You just won’t meet many DJs who have played to more crowds than Fitz.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: DJ
Event Types: Anniversaries, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials
Established: 1989
Employees: 1
Accepts: Cash, Check
ENDORSEMENTS (26)
DJ Fitz Otis is by far one of the most professional Wedding DJ's around! He provides an exceptionally professional service to each and every client. Fitz has a cool, controled demeanor that flows with every situation and is always on point. As one of our preferred DJ's we highly recommend Fitz as master of ceremonies for your special day!
PROS I KNOW (82)
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
DJ Fitz Otis is a wedding DJ from Sarasota, Fl. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Sarasota, Fl, Longboat Key, Fl, and Boca Grande, Fl. DJ Fitz Otis is a professional wedding DJ that has been part of the Sarasota wedding industry for 20 years. We specialize in weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, corporate events, where ever you need great music