Asheville Celebrant

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Michelle was absolutely amazing to work with!! She crafted the most wonderful ceremony that exceeded all of our expectations. Within the ceremony; she integrated our personal story, included family members for readings, and helped us to select aspects for the ceremony that truly hold meaning for us as a couple. Her responsiveness was wonderful and she was open to any and all suggestions we had for revising the ceremony. Michelle really spent time getting to know us which made the whole process that much more special. I would recommend her to any and everyone. She has played such and integral part in making our wedding special and I will forever be grateful for her gifts and talents.

Asheville Celebrant responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Andrea and Jason. I especially loved including the Stefana ritual from your Greek heritage, Andrea. It was definitely a treasured moment to share piece with your grandmother.

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
124 Choctaw Street, Asheville, NC 28801
BLOG

Personal Ceremonies for Life's Big Moments

Rev. Michelle Kimberly Smith here.  My intention is always for you to have a ceremony that creates lasting connections in your family and community, a ceremony that your guests remember for years to come.   I am very talented at officiating ceremony and I take pride in delivering each ceremony from my heart with sincerity and enthusiasm for all to hear and appreciate.  For more testimonials please visit my website, ashevillecelebrant.com.

I am an ordained Inter-faith Minister.  I honor all philosophies, beliefs and traditions--religious, secular, spiritual, inter-faith and multi-cultural.  As a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant I am a ceremony specialist with a solid background in the history, theory and practice of ritual and ceremony;as well as familiarity with symbols, rituals and readings from a wide range of cultures.

I assist couples in choosing rituals, readings, symbols and music to fulfill their ideals.  I bring a seasoned understanding  of structure, setting and pace that makes for meaningful ceremonies.  I will listen to you and make suggestions. I will throw in a healthy dose of compassion, humor and encouragement and in the end, we will make the perfect ceremony - one that is beautiful, unique and tells your story.

My fees fall within a range depending on a number of elements including travel and whether a rehearsal is required.Generally speaking I offer two packages: the Complete Celebrant Ceremony and the Sweet, Simple Ceremony.

In the Complete Celebrant Ceremony process you will actively and meaningfully contribute to the content of your wedding ceremony. We will have a relaxed meeting to discuss your vision for your wedding. I'll be listening to learn about your spiritual beliefs, values and personalities.

I will send each of you a Questionnaire that I will ask you to complete separately. (You're welcome to show it to each other after you've completed them.) I hear from couples that this is a really enjoyable and special experience for them. They find it very meaningful to take the time and space to articulate their journey to this point, the things they appreciate and love about each other and their intentions for their marriage.

Then, with all of these elements in mind I will write and design your ceremony. I'll suggest and/or write prayers/invocations, readings, poems, rituals, vows and blessings that express your story, beliefs and intentions. Certainly you may bring in favorite elements of your own. If you'd like to write your own vows I can make suggestions to support you in that process as well. You will have complete choice of your ceremony including word for word approval of the ceremony script. I am available by phone or email for unlimited consultations regarding your ceremony.

For Sweet, Simple Ceremony we will have a shorter meeting, usually by phone, where I'll also listen for your beliefs, values and personalities. I provide you with a customized Ceremony Template including several selections of my favorite prayers, invocations, reading and poems chosen based on our conversation. You can say traditional vows, modify one of the samples I can provide or write your own. You can suggest favorite readings you would like to include. This choice is generally for couples who want to keep their ceremony very simple and intimate. However, some couples have chosen this option for larger weddings.

No matter which package you choose I am very talented at officiating ceremony and I take pride in delivering each ceremony from my heart with sincerity and enthusiasm for all to hear and appreciate. You'll also receive a beautiful keepsake copy of your ceremony that you can enjoy for years to come.

The Complete Celebrant Ceremony Package ranges from $425 to $700 depending on travel, whether or not a rehearsal is necessary, the number of elements included, etc.

The Sweet, Simple Ceremony ranges from $225 - $400 also depending on travel, whether or not a rehearsal is necessary, the number of elements included, and so on.

I will be happy to help you Explore the Possibilities in a relaxed, no-obligation phone call scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. Please contact me at 828-230-3845 or ashevillecelebrant@gmail.com.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials, Sweet 16s
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
Asheville Celebrant is a wedding Officiant and Celebrant from North Carolina. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Asheville, Lake Lure, and Charlotte. Asheville Celebrant is a professional wedding Officiant and Celebrant that has been part of the North Carolina wedding industry for 5 years. We specialize in ceremonies that authentically reflect your personality, beliefs and values